Wunderman Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater LondonAugust 1, 2018
The office is in Mornington Crescent in Camden so a totally hip scene. Historically focused on direct marketing, they're now considered a digital agency and have the tech chops to back it up.
Open Environment
Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2018
Working here has been fun with the open environment but also challenging to be productive with all the noise around. Collaboration is promoted but can be difficult to achieve
Nice people, interesting environment
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
I worked there a while ago but everyone attempted to really mentor you. I felt that people cared about you there which is not something you encounter at every ad agency.
It's advertising!
Creative Director/Art Director (Former Employee) –  New York CityJune 24, 2018
Know what you're getting into. Not the most creative shop. Advancement for hard-working, smart people. Wunderman is part of a larger advertising/PR multi-national conglomerate. Transferring between foreign offices is possible. Travel is mandatory, not optional.

Management is questionable.
Pros
It's advertising
Cons
It's advertising
great work culture, job security issues
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 16, 2018
The best part of the job was working with such talented people.

The hardest part of the job was leaving it, due to re-structuring (something that happens a lot in this industry)
Pros
talented people, efficient workflows
Cons
job security issues
great friends, long hours
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2018
Great place to work in regards to making friends and seeing some amazing talent. Very long hours and it is difficult to have work/life balance or enjoy time-off.
Good Working Environment
Senior Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, ILApril 2, 2018
A good leader always shows us a right path and that's the right word to say about my company working environment. Good place to work and enhance/upgrade the skill to advance level.
Pros
Good working culture and free dinner
Cons
Lacks of new business opportunities & Vision
Fast paced, quick turnaround environment
Senior Art Director (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 19, 2018
The people around me on a day to day basis is what has kept me there. My co-workers are super talented kind people. As of late the creative team has been asked to turn around work at an even faster pace. Work life balance is beginning to suffer.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
slipping work life balance
Wunderman
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 7, 2018
Work from home great
Great web team
management not good a communicating or understand the web development. They are stuck in the 1990's with there ideas of web development.
Pros
work from home
Cons
poor communication skills
Job Summary
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2018
I loved my time working at Wunderman DC. Their work atmosphere and client list help to get my career off and running. The employees are all great, and if you are looking for an agency in DC that is not focused on political campaigns, this is where you need to look.

The partnership across strategy, account management, project management and creative made it enjoyable to work at Wunderman. My only issue is that management under values themselves. All too often we would low ball business, lower client bill-rates means you have less opportunity to get promoted and general find that your pay is less than industry standards.
Lots of snacks, land grabs, not enough work
Senior Account Planner (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 2, 2018
It's a good place to go and check out! You can leave your ambitions at the door. We've resigned ourselves to being the production agency who takes direction from lead AOR. If complacency is cool, definitely give them a try.
Pros
Snacks!
Cons
Tactical projects, order-taking
demanding and challenging
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2018
good work place, extremely busy and demands all your time and attention, no room for mistakes, the best of the best every minutes of everyday, work has no mercy at times. you are responsible and there is no layers of staff to ever cover for anyone not preforming, big school of life. experience there is a tough teacher.
Pros
good experience and exposure
Cons
endless hours at work no home life
Meh
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2018
Most siloed working experience in my life. Horrible management but, compensation was pretty decent and I had a lot of freedom. Very sterile work environment and unfriendly. If you are into that sort of thing, this is the place for you.
Pros
Freedom to come and go
Cons
siloed, management, invisible
Great place if you are in the Elite club
Senior Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 13, 2018
There's an elite circle, and guess what, you're not in it. I worked in the tech department, and our team was constantly cut out of the success stories for the company. Even though our team was the one that implemented all of the "creative talent's" ideas. They consistently turned down work (multiple millions of dollars) which our team could have done in only weeks. Boggles the mind.
Pros
Good work life balance.
Cons
Poor management. Bad business decisions.
Great agency to work for.
Art Director (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIOctober 16, 2017
Part of the WPP ad agency group, it is the agency of record for Ford Motor Company. Great office location and the work is creatively fulfilling, but the workdays can get long.
Pros
A lot of fringe benefits.
Cons
Long days.
Great, fast paced place to work
Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2017
I enjoyed working there. I was unfortunately laid off. Had I not been laid off, I would have continued working there for the entirety of my career. Great company,
Among the best digital/experiential and cross channel agencies
Principal Consultant , Acceleration eMarketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2017
Wunderman does a decent job of connecting the dots between experience management and acquisition marketing. The firm also is much better than most at understanding how data-driven marketing works in the real world. Approaches tend therefore to be pragmatic if not always scintillating.

As with any agency, days are crazy and unpredictable but that is what both draws people and ultimately exhausts them in this space.

The hardest part of the job is realizing that with all the technological change, agencies are still what they have been since long before my time: places where able and enthusiastically creative folks reply with, "how high," when asked to jump by clients. The problem is, there is very little innovation attached to this and often little strategic benefit for either party.
Great benefits/lousy pay
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 7, 2017
You can't beat the benefits, especially the vacation allowance, so long as you're not too busy to take your vacation, but the pay, and the pay raises in particular, are lousy.
Overall Great People
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 5, 2017
People who work there are great but incredibly young.

Great company if you want to start small with zero budget and a constant fear they are going to lose their #1 client.

Overall company is very diverse.
Great big advertising machine
Vice President Digital Strategy (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2017
Wunderman is seemingly endlessly mired in the complexities of matrix management, highly competitive client teams, demanding clients, and often struggling internal resources

A victim of its own considerable success it is a great place to work if you can manage the culture and stay on top of your management and client situations
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Competition for resources, cut-throat culture