Wurth Louis and Company

Wurth Louis and Company insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Until covid hit it was not bad.

Very high paced job in customer service. Very steep learning curve if you do not know hardware. First few years that I worked customer service we did not get raises due to the recession, and when we finally did get raises, it was still pennies. Because of covid the whole Brea customer service department was let go instead of letting us work remote, even though two other branches that had customer service departments were working remote.

Pros

Ability to move up

Cons

Pay scale

Inconsistency in upper management

A typical day is hectic but in a good way working with clients. The issue I have in the non-existence of management and the constant changing of company polices, procedures, and pay scale Wurth is all about growth.NO company training your on your own muddling through the day, week, month.

Good employees. Very poor management.

Employees at Houston branch outstanding. Management very poor. No people skills. Micromanager. Poor communicator. Cant handle problems on his own. The turnover is big because of the constant bad manager.

Pros

The employees and benefits

Cons

Manager poor decision maker.

Great team

Would still be at Wurth but personal issues stopped that. Its a great fast paced job. If you like your days to fly by this is it. Great team and the managers are cool.

Pros

Great place

Cons

The lazy guy in the back who always wants help

Good grew

I’m a hard dedicated worker who is reliable and dependable. My fellow employees are awesome to work with. We work as a team and the company helps you with whatever you need.

Pros

Fun

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Opportunity to add new customers.

Opportunity to grow new business. Learned cabinet making industry. New manager that needed training to manage sales force. Hardest part was finding new large customers since other sales representative had all of the large customers in Las Vegas. Most enjoyable part was setting up new customers.

The company sucks!!!!!

I was fired for a stupid comment whitch l thought was handled improper the company made a scape goat out of me to get out of paying my retirement management is losey l would not ever work there even if they offered me 30 dollars an hour with all my seniority back!!!!!

Wurthless

The Credit supervisor is a HUGE micromanager. It’s horrible. If you want to have your minutes, calls in and out bound counted this is the job for you. Bathroom breaks monitored

Pros

Vacation time

Cons

Management is horrible

Horrific & Toxic

Working here was all fine at first (being paid $20 per hr) until you start to notice the disarray. Management is not supportive & will not help. Supervisors are too busy on cell phones, dropping personal notes to one another, or simply gone for extended lunches. Dress code can be deemed dress code violating for other companies with very high skirts in certain areas of workplace. Each department thinks they are above one another.

Wurth Louis & Company

This is a great place to learn about the distribution chain in a company. In a typical day I would take about 90 to 100 calls from customers and/or outside sale reps. I input orders, check stock, place direct and/or special orders & check on back orders. Management is great. They are very helpful & nice. The hardest part of the job is dealing with multiple calls coming into my phone. The Outside sales Reps have my direct phone number & they call me directly. I like to handle every call completely. Sometimes some calls take extra time & people can't wait that long to hold. The most enjoyable part of the job is help find people what they are looking for & getting it delivered to them. After they have installed their custom items they are amazed at the quality of the workmanship.

Pros

big company, health care, vision

Cons

far to drive

Great crew!

The crew is amazing, they are very willing to teach you new things. Requires willingness to work overtime, and allot of heavy lifting. But they often buy lunches and have a ping pong table for they're employees. The work culture is amazing.

Pros

Benefits extra hours

Cons

Inconsistent raises

wurth Louis

great place to work. slow pace work atmosphere. hour lunch everyday. benefits offered after first 90 days. drive and deliveries no further then 2 hours away.

Not Wurth it

Wurth has some great people, but has a lot of people that have only done this one job, or have not had a lot of other work expereince therefore this is a lot of 'we have always done this, we have never done that...'

Pros

not many

Cons

no work/life balance - no new positions despite growing greatlt last decade

Wurth Louis & Comapny

Employees were excellent. I loved the people that I worked with. Management only cared about the bottom line each month which was a struggle when you needed tools and training to conduct your job successfully.

Pros

Good people and balance

Cons

Horrible leadership

long days

I learned a lot at this company and used to think it was a good company to work for. In the last couple of years that has drastically changed. Good luck!

Great company with good benifits

Initiated sales with coatings product for Wurth Louis and Company. Developed sales staff and trained shops to correctly use products. Promoted company and team with education and application classes. Achieved 'Expert' rating for job from manufacturer. he continual product push from competition is hard to train sales team on overcoming as an obstacle. In a position now that doesn't offer any advancement for my education, skills or management capabilities.

Pros

Company vehicle

Cons

Position advancement restricted

Wurth Louis and Company

I worked in the United States with a leading provider of quality products to the woodworking industry called Würth Louis and Company. During this internship, I worked headquarter of company and learned how to use SAP. I gained exposure to all aspects of the supply chain, including purchasing, port, storage, warehousing, customs and shipping. I just worked 3 months there as an buyer assistant. during internship process; • I collated purchase orders and purchase requisitions in order to order materials, goods and supplies. • I followed the status of any orders. • I ensured that any invoices are sent to accounts for payment, checked to unit prices, amounts and dates in the invoices. • I checked daily internal transfers and products stock in SAP. • I maintained supllier for helped the senior buyer. • I made daily transfers between branches.

Base Compensation is okay

Starting compensation for hourly employees are okay, don't expect much raise. There also isn't much room for career development.

Pros

Benefits are not bad.

Cons

too much micromanagement and not enough employees to get daily work done

Great Company ... but being affected by the Sluggish Economy

Wurth Louis is a GREAT Company to work with; unfortunately it appears to be suffering from either 'Growing Pains' or from the sluggish economy as there have been several Reductions-In-Force. The Management though appears to be extremely supportive of the employees that have been laid off.

Very nice working experience

Basically do every tasks on SAP. Learning that buyer is not just buying, you have to consider many different conditions to know what to buy and which to buy more. Also, build a nice relationships with your supply chain. Wurth is a very nice company, the co-workers are all so nice. They dont treat you as an intern, they treat you as a real employee and teach you everything they know.

benefits are excellent . enjoyed working with customers its like a family . also co-workers are great the hardest part of the job was when customer are not satisfied because no stock add they are in need of the product. i learned a lot with my 15 years of experience thought me a very informative as far as product knowledge. how to handle upset customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wurth Louis and Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Wurth Louis and Company