Wurth Louis and Company

Wurth Louis and Company insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Until covid hit it was not bad.

Very high paced job in customer service. Very steep learning curve if you do not know hardware. First few years that I worked customer service we did not get raises due to the recession, and when we finally did get raises, it was still pennies. Because of covid the whole Brea customer service department was let go instead of letting us work remote, even though two other branches that had customer service departments were working remote.

Pros

Ability to move up

Cons

Pay scale

Great team

Would still be at Wurth but personal issues stopped that. Its a great fast paced job. If you like your days to fly by this is it. Great team and the managers are cool.

Pros

Great place

Cons

The lazy guy in the back who always wants help

Horrific & Toxic

Working here was all fine at first (being paid $20 per hr) until you start to notice the disarray. Management is not supportive & will not help. Supervisors are too busy on cell phones, dropping personal notes to one another, or simply gone for extended lunches. Dress code can be deemed dress code violating for other companies with very high skirts in certain areas of workplace. Each department thinks they are above one another.

Wurth Louis & Company

This is a great place to learn about the distribution chain in a company. In a typical day I would take about 90 to 100 calls from customers and/or outside sale reps. I input orders, check stock, place direct and/or special orders & check on back orders. Management is great. They are very helpful & nice. The hardest part of the job is dealing with multiple calls coming into my phone. The Outside sales Reps have my direct phone number & they call me directly. I like to handle every call completely. Sometimes some calls take extra time & people can't wait that long to hold. The most enjoyable part of the job is help find people what they are looking for & getting it delivered to them. After they have installed their custom items they are amazed at the quality of the workmanship.

Pros

big company, health care, vision

Cons

far to drive

Not Wurth it

Wurth has some great people, but has a lot of people that have only done this one job, or have not had a lot of other work expereince therefore this is a lot of 'we have always done this, we have never done that...'

Pros

not many

Cons

no work/life balance - no new positions despite growing greatlt last decade

Wurth Louis and Company

I worked in the United States with a leading provider of quality products to the woodworking industry called Würth Louis and Company. During this internship, I worked headquarter of company and learned how to use SAP. I gained exposure to all aspects of the supply chain, including purchasing, port, storage, warehousing, customs and shipping. I just worked 3 months there as an buyer assistant. during internship process; • I collated purchase orders and purchase requisitions in order to order materials, goods and supplies. • I followed the status of any orders. • I ensured that any invoices are sent to accounts for payment, checked to unit prices, amounts and dates in the invoices. • I checked daily internal transfers and products stock in SAP. • I maintained supllier for helped the senior buyer. • I made daily transfers between branches.

Great Company ... but being affected by the Sluggish Economy

Wurth Louis is a GREAT Company to work with; unfortunately it appears to be suffering from either 'Growing Pains' or from the sluggish economy as there have been several Reductions-In-Force. The Management though appears to be extremely supportive of the employees that have been laid off.

Very nice working experience

Basically do every tasks on SAP. Learning that buyer is not just buying, you have to consider many different conditions to know what to buy and which to buy more. Also, build a nice relationships with your supply chain. Wurth is a very nice company, the co-workers are all so nice. They dont treat you as an intern, they treat you as a real employee and teach you everything they know.

Old school way of doing everything

If you need a place to work it's k but not for a career.definelty needs to update and make changes

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

A lot of overtime, very disorganized, lacking if full training, not everyone is on same page or pulls there weight

Excellent company

Forward thinking/innovative/fun place to work. Great people/great products

Stable company - lacking promotion opportunities

This is not a bad place to work. Company lacks promotion opportunities but is a stable place to work if you don't mind doing the same job for 5-15 years. Pay increases are not merit based.

Pros

excellent health care benefits, excellent products, nice people to work with

Cons

limited promotion opportunities, pay increases not merit based, limited training opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wurth Louis and Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about Wurth Louis and Company in Brea, CA