WVU Medicine Employee Reviews

WVU Medicine
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 30, 2019
WVU Medicine is a wonderful place to grow professionally. I started my career here almost 5 years ago and have no intention of leaving. There are several opportunities for advancement. I have worked under three different managers here and all have been phenomenal. I cannot speak highly enough about this employer.
fun work place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 18, 2019
best place to work. my family and i had the best time at wvu medicine. we will greatly miss wvu medicine family. i pray one day i will return to work there again.
Pros
fun, caring
Very good place to work.
Clinical Associate (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 16, 2019
WVU Medicine is a very nice place to work. I have worked at Ruby for three and a half years. I worked on the Observation floor for three years and loved it, and recently transferred to the Oncology floor and i love that. The managers are very willing to work with my school schedule.
productive work atmosphere
Associate Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 15, 2019
WVU medicine is a great career choice. I have learned to grow and use my full ability and potential to successfully fulfill my job duties. I have also had great support from fellow employees to achieve one goal and that is the safety and satisfaction for the customer.
wvu jobs
Patient Access/ Switchboard Operater (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 14, 2019
All the positions I had at WVU, SICU, Peds, Medical Record and other floors were all a great experience for me. The managers I had were all compassionate and cared for their employees. Worked with you in family situations. Was a great learning place.
Pros
Payroll deduction for meals, uniforms. PTO
Cons
Sometimes stressful for lack of enough employees on some days.
No leadership growth opportunity
Clinical Nurse Manager Oncology (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJanuary 7, 2019
Compensation is lower than average. There is no career ladder or mentorship program to guide growth within the facility. There are not financial benefits for good performance, such as merit increases.
Great Team
Epic ADT/Prelude Analyst, SANTA ROSA CONSULTING (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 6, 2019
Everyone was very helpful in showing me the ropes and providing me any information I needed. Although my time on the project was very short, I was extended.
Pros
Learned new things
Cons
Project was too short
Stop expanding and give your employees a chance
HIM Coding (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 28, 2018
Work/Life balance used to be great!

Now, its go, go, go, and more, more, more. HIM employees (coding especially) are expected to take on every new clinic/hospital that is bought with little to no notice. While productivity and quality are ok, the work load has become unmanageable. Adding staff doesn't help when they add 3x more sites than employees. Supervisors (some good, some awful) and Educators are visibly stressed out, overworked and it shows. They do their best but, everyone is drowning in work.

Expectations are through the roof with no sign on stopping...great for job security but you wont keep the good employees you have if you keep pushing them past their breaking point.

I never thought of leaving WVU Medicine (10+ years) until now.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 21, 2018
Management is very easy to work with, pay is good, people are friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is the working environment. People have fun. The one thing I don't care for is there is no parking for employees. We have to park off site and shuttle to work.
Pros
Great Management, Great Pay
Cons
No Parking for employees
Fast paced, enjoyable work. Not so enjoyable work schedule/team.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 16, 2018
There are quite a lot of call offs every day, especially weekends. Weekends are the worst time to work( hectic,short staffed, newer people who don't know what to do). There is a lot of drama and that includes management, but its not too bad if you just stay away from the people who start it and do what you're supposed to be doing. I did learn a lot here though and believe that it helped me pass my certification test. They are really good about cross training people in different areas and letting you pick up as much on call as you want.
Pros
Always a chance for overtime, Job security, They are reworking the pay scale(higher pay/promotions)
Cons
Not a great work environment, Way too many call offs, Hard to get vacation time/time off
na
LPN FLOAT POOL (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 12, 2018
Overall i have positive experiences working at WVU med. My manager currently is very friendly and helpful. Benefits are excellent for my situation. My schedule always works for my life.
productive and great place to work
Phlebotomy Technician, (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 5, 2018
A great place to work with lots of advancement. Great people to work with, and learning experiences everyday. Work days are great not too busy and not too slow.
It's okay
CLINICAL ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 8, 2018
For a temporary job, it pays the bills, but it's very clear management doesn't care about their people from the bottom all the way to the CEO. Very money oriented company.
general summary
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 31, 2018
I feel that WVU Medicine has great potential to be a wonderful place to work. I also feel that it does better than a lot of large companies. I feel that the environment has changes within WVU Medicine within the past couple of years and that the company as a whole is suffering from some of these changes. I still value my career opportunities that have been provided through WVU Medicine and encourage others to seek employment here.
Sometimes stressful.
Centralized Scheduler (Call Center) (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 31, 2018
We are required to do a lot of medical knowledge for the pay without the education/training for what is expected. I feel the pay could be higher for the customer service that is provided. Insurance could be better for being in the health care business.
Disappointing
Direct Patient Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVOctober 31, 2018
There is so much potential in this organization, however it is stifled by money hungry management. The focus of this organization is no longer health care. The almighty dollar controls everything. Management constantly asks of their employees but rarely gives so much as a thank you. We work like a machine and we are excellent at what we do, but we are held to a thin line. Don’t step on it or over it with your opinion or dare stand up for yourself. You’re a dime a dozen and they know it and won’t hesitate to tell you so.
Pros
Great work family
Cons
Extremely poor management
Developmental
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 21, 2018
Helps you grow and advance career in healthcare. Very insightful people work there that work very hard day and night. Didn’t want to stay working as a cna but plenty of people staying there several years at a time while they go onto become nurses and other healthcare jobs with higher pay
My job as a Central Completion Analyst
Central Completion Analyst (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 7, 2018
My job is a great job, I really enjoy it and I enjoy working at WVU Medicine.
There is many opportunities available at WVU for anyone that is searching for a new career.
I have learned to release medical records, process claims and now I do Central Completion which is my favorite.
A typical day is like any other day, you have your good day's and your bad days, you go through up/ down/sadness and happiness with your co-workers, your like a big happy family I wouldn't trade my co-workers for any others.
Pros
ability to work at home-daycare-
Cons
parking
Terrible.
Clinical Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  MorgantownOctober 7, 2018
If you’re not an RN you’re not going to fit in!
If you are a cry-baby and can’t accept any way but your way this is the place for you! They will CATER to you! If you do your job and you don’t complain, they will walk all over you! And if you speak up for yourself they will bully and harass you until you quit. Nothing you do will ever be good enough, they will find something wrong with everything you do. Even if you have a lot of experience and a lot of seniority you are treated as if you’re the worst employee ever. If you are a patient sitter, you’re forgetten about and no matter how many times you call or yell out for a break no one seems to come. Seems safe, right? And don’t get anyone started on parking. I suggest you re-evaluate thinking about working here.
Pros
Very few coworkers, they’re few and far between to have amazing ones.
Cons
Short breaks, no relief, management sucks, lack of advancement, lack of equipment because it’s always broken.
Poor management
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 1, 2018
They have continued to expand at such a pace, that almost everyone I interacted with constantly complained about under staffing issues, and HR could not meet their own goal metrics to get people hired fast enough to meet the need of the departments. Due to the under staffing, people chronically complain about being over-worked, which produces a negative working environment. Management lacks the skills to implement any type of proven process that are able to properly identify and resolve the present issues. This is the worst employer that I have worked at in my 40 year work history.
Pros
Cons
poor management, under staffing, over working, negative work env.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WVU Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

1.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss