WVU Medicine Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Work from homeJune 19, 2018
I love my job and find it challenging and I continue to take on new projects. The insurance industry is every changing so keeps the job interesting and never boring. I am able to work from home which is a big plus.
Rural University Medicine Setting
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 5, 2018
WVU Medicine provides a multitude of professional and clinical experiences in an unique rural setting. The organization is a complex University Medical Center providing a wide range of clinical services both inpatient, outpatient and rural outreach. It is supported by multiple disciplines of the WVU Medical School. Technology is supported and I find it more advanced than most medical centers across the nation.
Horrible management and HR
Supervisor, Buyer (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 2, 2018
Worst job I ever had. Auxiliary board is horrible at this hospital. Management didn’t respect me. Pay wasn’t high enough for everything you had to do.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Poor management and staff
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJune 1, 2018
Management wasn't fair to their employees and rude to certain ones, took away the break room. Never had enough staff to cover the various areas. Food was horrible.
Positive workplace
WVU MEDICINE internship (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 15, 2018
This internship helped me gain the opportunity to build strong client relationships and communication skills . I was able to effectively use time management skills to excel in a full course load of classes and a collegiate sport. Through WVU cardiac rehab i was given the ability to work and connect with all age groups, and help them achieve goals to improve their health and lifestyle.
Dental Dept
Dental registration (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 14, 2018
Thick skin go for it, otherwise chose another department. They want to learn but belittle you if you make a mistake. Decided that I would not continue with this department and most likely any department in the medical arena.
Pros
hours, benefits
Cons
management, no support
Overworked and underappreciated
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 29, 2018
Changes in management and failure to properly approve new hires left me doing the job of 3 people. They cooperated with my disability requests and Unum paid for 3 leaves of absences, but all those absences were a direct result of the stress from doing too much work. Upper management was not supportive. I was happy when I started and miserable when I left.
Pros
Comparable pay
Cons
too much work, little respect or recognition
Good dependable job place but has drama
Perioperative Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 23, 2018
I loved the job and getting to work closely with doctors/nurses in the Operating Room. The job was fast paced. Most coworkers were friendly and great people but there was a ton of drama which made the work environment unfavorable.
warm and friendly place to work especially for hospital setting
Patient Family Liaison (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 20, 2018
I feel supported by the management and the corporate staff. They are always planning events to make us feel involved in addition to maintain our own health and wellness
Pros
Great cafeteria
Cons
Parking
Could be better
CLINICAL ASSOCIATE WVU MEDICINE (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 18, 2018
With the things you have to put up with in my position, it's not worth the money. Very stressful position. Management will listen to complaints but that's all thats done. They listen. Action is never taken and our stresses are no concern to them.
Great Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVApril 15, 2018
A great team environment with a lot of continual educational programs available. It is a very fast paced area . It was job that kept you challenged
Pros
Great Insurance
Rn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 23, 2018
Enjoyable. Young vibrant staff. College town. Best hospital in the area. Football stadium in the parking lot. Starbucks in building. Level 1 Trauma center
Good place to work but I wouldn’t recommend as a new nurse first get some experience first because they don’t have time to train you on the floor
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 20, 2018
I worked the night weekend program which was great pay as a new nurse but make sure you’re properly trained. They like to throw you on the floor and make you accountable.
Pros
Pay benefits
Low pay and management takes advantage of employees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 19, 2018
The mission of the organization does much good providing healthcare for the people of WV and surrounding areas. However from my experience as an employee and not a patient management lies repeatedly about your career prospects in the department, you'll end up working 2 jobs with no pay increase because the hiring process with this organization takes forever, lazy and unprofessional employees face little or no repercussion. One of my Directors can be highly critical of staff, while seeing no fault of his own for department failure. It's bad for team building and morale.
Pros
Good benefits and good coworkers
Cons
Great place to work with opportunity for advancement
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 12, 2018
Fast pace environment that requires attention to detail and patient first priority. Flexible scheduling with several opportunities for advancement. On the job training and great medical benefits.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
often short staffed
Typical hospital environment focused more on status and finances versus patient care and safety.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 8, 2018
Safe patient-to-nurse ratio for my particular unit is 3:1, but most days nurses take care of five patients due to staffing ran by budget decisions instead of patient safety. This became the most difficult part of the job. I learned that this situation is very common among hospitals and comes with the environment. Most staff is supportive of each other and provides a good team environment.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Patient-to-nurse ratio
Low pay but great benefits
CARDIAC MONITOR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 28, 2018
Benefits were inexpensive compared to other businesses as long as you went to a WVU facility. ONly way to make a decent pay check was with overtime, night shift, or on-call pay.
Good environment
Centralized Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WV 26506February 26, 2018
Very good manager and enjoyed working with fellow employees. Great benefits and vacation accrual. Would highly recommend to others-friends and family.
Toxic Environment Perpetuated by Incompetent Management
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Information Technology CenterFebruary 21, 2018
I voluntarily left this organization because of bullying and harassment perpetuated by a very insecure manager. Senior management and Human Resources were aware of her mistreatment and would do nothing about it. Fear of exposure causes many of these managers to "unwillingly" protect one another. There is an atmosphere of mistrust and retaliation against anyone who does not play by unfair rules. Run for your life (and well being) in the opposite direction. Good benefits and decent pay are just not worth it!
Productive and fun atmosphere to work
Radiologic Technologist RT(R) CT ARRT (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 12, 2018
WVU Healthcare was a great to place to work. Newest up to date Technology, great Physicians and coworkers. Very team oriented with all departments to ensure the highest quality patient care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WVU Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight