WVU Medicine Employee Reviews

My job as a Central Completion Analyst
Central Completion Analyst (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 7, 2018
My job is a great job, I really enjoy it and I enjoy working at WVU Medicine.
There is many opportunities available at WVU for anyone that is searching for a new career.
I have learned to release medical records, process claims and now I do Central Completion which is my favorite.
A typical day is like any other day, you have your good day's and your bad days, you go through up/ down/sadness and happiness with your co-workers, your like a big happy family I wouldn't trade my co-workers for any others.
Pros
ability to work at home-daycare-
Cons
parking
Terrible.
Clinical Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  MorgantownOctober 7, 2018
If you’re not an RN you’re not going to fit in!
If you are a cry-baby and can’t accept any way but your way this is the place for you! They will CATER to you! If you do your job and you don’t complain, they will walk all over you! And if you speak up for yourself they will bully and harass you until you quit. Nothing you do will ever be good enough, they will find something wrong with everything you do. Even if you have a lot of experience and a lot of seniority you are treated as if you’re the worst employee ever. If you are a patient sitter, you’re forgetten about and no matter how many times you call or yell out for a break no one seems to come. Seems safe, right? And don’t get anyone started on parking. I suggest you re-evaluate thinking about working here.
Pros
Very few coworkers, they’re few and far between to have amazing ones.
Cons
Short breaks, no relief, management sucks, lack of advancement, lack of equipment because it’s always broken.
Poor management
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 1, 2018
They have continued to expand at such a pace, that almost everyone I interacted with constantly complained about under staffing issues, and HR could not meet their own goal metrics to get people hired fast enough to meet the need of the departments. Due to the under staffing, people chronically complain about being over-worked, which produces a negative working environment. Management lacks the skills to implement any type of proven process that are able to properly identify and resolve the present issues. This is the worst employer that I have worked at in my 40 year work history.
Pros
Cons
poor management, under staffing, over working, negative work env.
Wow just wow
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 26, 2018
Well, I found out that the old management was laid off! Was given 3 days yes 3 days before they were getting laid off. And they were replaced by under experience team! Who will tell you they got your back but don't. Its a mess right now Housekeeping has the highest quitting rate within the whole hospital. I'm hoping soon things will change.
Pros
Still trying to figure it out.
Cons
Alot
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 26, 2018
Loved my job, more compensation would be nice but not overly expected in a non- profit healthcare system. Although hiring can seem a bit slow, the wait is worth it not only for the insurance they offer but the atmosphere was all in all enjoyable. Some days can be stressful busy, and others not as much.
Pros
Good work/ life balance
Cons
Short breaks
Current Employee
REGISTERED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVSeptember 17, 2018
Current Employee.

Love my job, more compensation would be nice but not overly expected in a non- profit healthcare system.

Great management within my current department.
Pros
Good work/ life balance
Cons
Limited income potential
Not recommended
Housekeeping Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 13, 2018
The management is out of control, there is no reasonable action taking place. The supervisors and managers expect you to overcome many obstacles that are clearly impossible to climb.
WVU Medicine is a decent place to work
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 11, 2018
Associate IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 10, 2018
WVU Medicine is a wonderful place to work. There are some down sides. but overall, fellow employees are nice to work with and micromanagement is kept to a minimum.
Pros
Job security, advancements
Cons
Sub-par benefits, low range of compensation, short staffed
Great management but under paid.
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVSeptember 10, 2018
Great management but under paid for your position. There was always work that needed to be done since there were patients always being seen. I just feel that for a 4 year degree and my background, the pay was no where near close to where it should have been.
Pros
Great Managament
Cons
Under Paid
Do Not Work Here!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 26, 2018
Hospital is poorly ran by management. Turn over is very high. Staff is over worked but paid well. There is no home/work balance. They say they are the only Magnet Hospital in WV and that nurses come first. That is completely incorrect. They do not care about their employees. They only care about making money and building their empire. The staff I worked with was the best. We stuck together and helped each other as a team. If you went to management and complained nothing was ever done. You are told that it has always been done this way and it will continue to be done this way. If management liked you then you could get away with anything. However, if they didn't, they made your life awful there. I saw some of the best coworkers in my life leave there because of it. Some of my coworkers had poor work ethic and constantly were in the managers office complaining. Those were the ones that got everything. I made great money but money can't buy you happiness.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
Doesn't believe in breaks and will work you to death.
just done
Valet (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 19, 2018
the people are great they work with you on time a shirts you need and want but donr paid much you can chage jobs or try to move up where you are at over all not bad
Pros
ok ins
Cons
dont paid much
I liked it for the most part. The pay was a struggle being a one income household.
Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ranson, WVAugust 6, 2018
I started looking simply because I am looking to relocate. I have no ill words for WVU. The only negative would be that they need to be more competitive with their pay.
Great management and coworkers
Clinical Associate (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 3, 2018
I enjoy the management and coworkers. First job that I have had that has offered health insurance and benefits to part-time employees, which is wonderful.
WVU Medicine
RN (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 17, 2018
Overall WVU Medicine is a great place to work with many opportunities to improve nursing skill and growing as a nurse. The floor that I currently work on has such great teamwork and management. It is truly a wonderful place to be.
Worst job I've ever had
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 16, 2018
The management is very unprofessional. The staff does the job of the program coordinator because she was given a job she can't perform. She is very degrading if you ask questions or make suggestions. You are expected to perform 2 or more jobs with no raise or appreciation. Compensation is low and the insurance is expensive.
Pros
Nice group of doctors
Cons
The list goes on and on
Great organization to work for
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJuly 11, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working for this company. The only thing is where I am in the company there is no where else to advance to, so in order to advance tounhabe to move to another position in the company.
Better know someone
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 10, 2018
To advance there you better know someone or have an "in" as they say. Management is horrible, they don't know what they are doing. They promote the people who make mistakes and terminate the employees who work hard and are good at their job. Most managers don't even know what or how to do the job of the people they are in charge over. There are some employees that are making more than degreed employees
Pros
Healthcare availability
Cons
Nepotisn, No Job Advancement, Bad Management
Coordinator patient access (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJuly 10, 2018
Department needs work but decent place of employment. Good benefits and pay. Excellent personal vacation time. Communication between employees could use some work
Great place to work.
Billing/Coding Supervisor, Dep. of Orthopaedics (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 1, 2018
It was a pleasure working at WVU. I worked with some of the greatest people who were willing to teach me all that I was willing to learn. In the medical billing/coding field, onsite training is a must.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WVU Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

1.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.