WVU RESEARCH CORPORATION Employee Reviews

Hostile and Inefficient
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  WVU Research CorportationJuly 9, 2018
Lack of advancement and not getting proper credit for work, poor management and lack of direction. Excessive work due to high ranking lab members refusing to do their job requirements.
Great place to work!
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 13, 2018
I can say that my time at WVU Research Corporation was a wonderful learning experience, both on a personal and professional level. Learning and career advancement were both encouraged and rewarded. I worked with some amazing people and my only regret was that it had to end. The company also offered great benefits and competitive pay.
Pros
Great work environment, teamwork
Cons
Lay-offs
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 8, 2018
If the academic environment is your area of interest, it is a good place to work. Lots of employees have been at this organization since they were teenagers... as a result, difficult for new people to fit in.
Over all its decent
Full Time Biochemisty Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 6, 2017
I didn't particularly like the work environment I worked in, but I know there are plenty of other research labs that would have been great. There was minimal training in my lab, there often wasn't adequate help in understanding lab procedures when needed, and the research professor was short tempered. It made for a bad work environment. There are jobs that would be great to work in the research corp, just really make sure you know the professor or manager you work for and their expectations so you are sure the work environment will be conducive for your success.
A great environment for professional and personal growth
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 14, 2013
I worked in Research and Compliance, wrote the Bloodborne Pathogens Manual, worked with Intellectual Property issues, corporate goverance issue, tax issues, nonprofit and Federal regulations relating to nonprofits and higher education and many more compliance related tasks in addition to insurance claims handling.
Pros
See above
Cons
job security depended on goverment funding