WW International, Inc. (Weight Watchers)

WW International, Inc. (Weight Watchers) Employee Reviews

so so
working a as a receptionist was fine but the pay was horrible and there were no boundaries set as far as coworkers and working environment was concerned. Poor overall management. and coworkers were very "clique-ish" I was not treated with respect or appreciation and there was a lot of corporate bullying in that work place. but other than that I am exceedingly grateful for the skills I obtained while I was there, because of the work opportunity at weight watchers I am now fluent in customer service skills as well as bookkeeping, inventory specializing and organization, proper work communication. Warehouse and distributional tasks; unloading and loading of stock and product inventory, setting up and breaking down of company equipment, management of sales and products, recording statements and storing of data.
Pros
gained secreterial and distribution skills knowledge
Cons
no breaks, horrible pay, discrimination and disrespect
Minimal opportunities for advancement.
Management should hire people of color in leadership & management to mirror their clientele. Customer complaints and issues were frequently ignored. Promoted people with no experience.
helping people achieve a new healthy lifestyle
I have a passion for WW. I have worked there for 24 yrs. 1 raise, no holiday pay. no paid vacation unless you are full time.
I do it for the passion of helping ppl lose weight, & health.

Lots of side work not even minimum wage.
Awesome place to work for
Loved working for this company.
awesome atmosphere.

This company takes care of their employees and values and respects them.

Very respectful place to work
Loved the members but not the company
Most who work here do it either to keep their weight off and / or help others.
Most who work here love helping & supporting others.

Very few do it for the love of the company.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great coworkers but awful member callers
The job isn't too hard as long as you have the ability to learn procedures and processes quickly. The training is quick and covers the surface but requires extra time and research if you want to fully understand what to do once you're on the phone. Coworkers and management at the call center are friendly, which helps when you have a full day of taking calls from people who are mad at you when they're the ones who messed up. Most callers are older women who don't understand technology, people who don't check their bank accounts and paid for several months of membership without realizing it, or people who didn't read the terms and conditions when they signed up so they got stuck in a long-term commitment plan or hit with an early cancellation fee. There are some nice callers but those are few and far between. This job is great for people who want to sit in a cubicle and look at a computer all day.
Feel good job with low pay
The job it’s self is easy and connections with members is great. The pay is low and sometimes the expectations are frustrating. There are times they demand trainings and work that are very inconvenient to most employees
Relaxed place to work
I enjoy my job tremendously! My coworkers are amazing! There's just not enough hours available and the salary is low paying. Seeking a more steady salaried position.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at WW International, Inc. (Weight Watchers)?
A company with a great mission.
Weight Watchers (now WW) is serious about its mission and is truly concerned with the welfare of its members. Weight Watchers has recently taken important steps to reach new and under-served populations.
Great place to work. Very fulfilling.
Had an enjoyable experience. People were very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed being part of a community that had global reach. Would definitely recommend them as an employer.
Great experience I enjoyed this job.
I am proud that I had the opportunity to work for a company that has evolved over decades and done a great deal of good. Providing proven results to combat obesity.
Love WW
Great environment. So inspiring. Wonderful to see members succeed. A happy work environment. Great management and coworkers. The motivation is endless within this company.
Do not work here or you’ll regret it
Zero respect for woman. No raises given in 30 years. A new hire will make the same as you even if you’ve been here for 20 years. Corporate so out of touch with field staff. Territory leaders are so unprofessional and can control your schedule - so lack of security!!! The absolute worst technology ever and you have to carry 50 dollars of your own money bc they don’t supply change!!! You have to collect money deposit on your own private unsecured bank and write them a check!!! Crazy
Pros
Half price products
Cons
Everything else
Motivational uplifting place to work
WW is a great company. Working for them can be a challenge because you move around from location to location several times a day. The co workers are very friendly and enjoyable. The members are great to work with.
Pros
Free membership and discount on products
Cons
Most positions are part time
Low pay but enjoyable job
I was a leader coach for 4 years. I worked into a full-time position but that required many split shifts and long hours for under average pay as compared to market.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Low pay
rewarding work helping members on their overall health journey
The hours are relatively flexible once you lock into a workshop schedule and routine. Seasonality to the workload based on members' needs and motivation.
Paying it forward
After being a member at WW for 2yrs I became a Life Time member, which means I made my goal weight. I decided to work for the company to help keep me accountable and to have the chance to share the gift that WW gave me, My Life, to others.
Nice place to work if you can keep up
The company is forever changing so there are a lot of rules and procedures to remember. Once you think you have it everything changes again. As long as you are flexible and willing to continue to learn with a good customer service attitude you'll be fine.
Looks good on the outside, a mess on the inside
Generally speaking the copy has a great mission, huge brand equity, and people who believe in the work. However, once you get under the hood- lack of clear strategy and vision, poor management, unfair and misguided hiring and promoting practices plague the organization at every turn.
Pros
Positive mission, flexible on-site/remote ability
Cons
Willfully egregious management and hiring practices, little to no training for new managers, long hours, unrealistic expectations and inconsistent focus/goals
Good place to work for part time work
A typical day at Weight Waters International was to make sure the shelves were stocked, weigh in members and discuss how their week went. If you had any examples for them to help them improve their week if need be you discussed that in detail.
Good employment experience
It has been a good place to work. Some of the training can seem cumbersome at times, and tech support can be frustrating, but generally it is a very rewarding job. Just don’t do it for the money!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at WW International, Inc. (Weight Watchers). Our community is ready to answer.
2.9