WW International, Inc. (Weight Watchers)

WW International, Inc. (Weight Watchers) Culture reviews

Motivational uplifting place to work
WW is a great company. Working for them can be a challenge because you move around from location to location several times a day. The co workers are very friendly and enjoyable. The members are great to work with.
Pros
Free membership and discount on products
Cons
Most positions are part time
great workplace
great culture, great environment to work.
managers were very professional and nice.

very supportive team

nice structure to work

very friendly coworkers
Loved the members but not the company
Most who work here do it either to keep their weight off and / or help others.
Most who work here love helping & supporting others.
Very few do it for the love of the company.
Great place to work. Very fulfilling.
Had an enjoyable experience. People were very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed being part of a community that had global reach. Would definitely recommend them as an employer.
Love WW
Great environment. So inspiring. Wonderful to see members succeed. A happy work environment. Great management and coworkers. The motivation is endless within this company.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Good place to work for part time work
A typical day at Weight Waters International was to make sure the shelves were stocked, weigh in members and discuss how their week went. If you had any examples for them to help them improve their week if need be you discussed that in detail.
great culture and company
Overall a good place to work. Friendly and inclusive culture. Clear mission. One major drawback, they tend to rely on a lot of contractors instead of hiring and giving decent benefits. Hence the need to move on for a lot of people.
Balanced work environment
A typical day was meeting target goals wit positive re-enforcement.
Management were pleasant and professional.

The most enjoyable part of the day was hitting targets and engaging with co workers
Receptionist
I enjoyed the time I worked here. I like seeing people meet their goals and encouraging them. I made friends here. Weight watchers also helped me reach my goal weight. I no longer go but if I did I would like work for them again
Members were great, but management wasn’t
I worked in the role of leader/coach for a franchise of WW. I worked hard to build membership in my 11 meetings I facilitated. I put in extra hours without pay to foster these memberships. The pay was deplorable. All told, with the extra hours I put in, I was making far less than minimum wage for a position that would have been far better compensated in other industries. I was chastised and thwarted by my manager for my techniques in building member confidence and membership renewal. When I left there was no exit interview.
Pros
Member gratification
Cons
Management, poor pay
RDA Consultants
I worked as a software development sale executive where I maintained current accounts, as well as developed and closed new accounts. Typical day was talking to the project managers and making sure any issues where communicated to the principles of the company. The workplace culture was very organized and management was superior. The hardest part of the job was developing the software to interact with the customers legacy systems accurately based on what the needs were.

The most enjoyable part was learning how to document customer processes and have them recorded and translated into a working product.
Pros
Great team leaders
Cons
Software development had a very high failure rate back then.
I Enjoyed Working There
I enjoyed working for Weight Watchers I just wish the pay and hours would have been better. The members were always great to meet with and upper management was helpful.
It has an important mission
I love being a part of an organization that had a hand in truly improving people's lives. My favorite part of my days are meeting members who had transformed their lives.
Awesome interaction with clients
Typical day started with me getting myself prepared to motivate my clients. I learned how to speak professional in front of a large group of people and work the room/meeting. Work culture and management was above excellent. Hardest part of my day was making sure I motivated the clients enough to stay focused to the program and lose weight. Most enjoyable was seeing the smiles of clients at weekly weigh ins and goals that were reached.
Pros
free retail products, mileage paid to and from meetings
Cons
Making sure I stayed on a timely meeting...
Amazing
My days were filled with interacting with members and people considering joining. My team was driven for success. It was a positive culture and authentic. Nothing fake. It was hard when members reached a plateau because they were frustrated and wanted to give up. The greatest satisfaction was helping them through this and stay with the program.
Pros
Motivating
Cons
Continuous cutbacks
Great part-time job
As a Wellness Guide, I not only motivate, listen to, and inspire the members in the Wellness Workshops but I also gain holistic wellness knowledge for my personal benefit too!
I feel that for being such an international company there is poor management.
The job is exciting in itself . I can even say rewarding due to the fact that you are hands on with people. It is relaxing and enjoyable but can be stressful; this is due to having short meeting time. If you multitask and stay focused it is smooth sailing. It is the poor management. Competitive as far as hours. They also stress you as far as hours worked out of the job site. They make you feel guilty for claiming hours to certain job.
Pros
Free program
Cons
Competitive
I loved this job and helping people lose weight! I already was well versed in good nutrition and eating habits, but learned more!
I enjoyed my job and loved helping people lose weight. The hours are flexible and the training was excellent. I enjoyed everyone I worked with from my bosses to all my co-workers. A great job!!!
Pros
Flexible hours Great Training
Awesome Culture, Flexible Schedule
Weight Watchers was a company I was proud to work with. The passion of its people and its members alone is enough to cause love for this company, but the flexible work schedule, awesome co-workers and amazing staff made this career, the one of dreams. Integrity and enthusiasm were consistently modeled. However, I found that corporate was frequently oblivious to the extreme differences between rural and urban/suburban territories, as support was geared mostly towards the urban/suburban settings. In this, metrics were often unfairly measured and thus, unreasonable goals set. Recruiting in rural areas could be quite challenging and it could be stressful ensuring adequate coverage to some locations. The loyalties of members in rural settings were often quite different to those of urban/suburban members.

Their training was excellent. Co-workers became lifetime friends!
Pros
Overall vision and culture, flexible schedule and training
Cons
Board of Directors out of touch with realities in the field
Great place to work.
It is a great place to work. Very flexible and very enjoyable. Love going to work everyday and interacting with people. Very people oriented. It's challenging as well.
Love working with members
To be a part of a members weight loss journey is very rewarding.

Co workers are all in. We have all been sucessfull on the program and can relate easily to each other and to the members
Ask a question about working or interviewing at WW International, Inc. (Weight Watchers). Our community is ready to answer.
2.9