Wyckoff Heights Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
loved the community
Senior Linkage to Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2018
Worked there for over 12 years. I was promoted 3 times.

Loved and had so much passion helping the people of the community .

My college interships were done at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
Pros
Helping the least fortunate
Cons
New Management Instability
Understaffed and Underpaid
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 8, 2018
A typical work day has you looking for your coworker while you are working hard. Highly understaffed and management expects one person to do the job of five. Management does not give any incentives for your hard work; all they do is deny your requests for days off and take away your Mondays off for working the weekend.
Poor Management Trickles Down to Low Morale
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 3, 2018
Management is out to lunch, it is impossible to get anything done. Much of the staff seems like they only work there because they can't find anything better. The staff that is actually dedicated and passionate about what they do spend the whole day putting out fires due to poor infrastructure.
Pros
holidays
Cons
no retirement benefits
Toxic work place
Attending Physician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2018
Poor administration, very discriminatory environment
High turn over rate, and it is very difficult to recruit new staff. Nursing and other ancillary services are poorly managed
Productive and welcoming workplace
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 7, 2018
Awesome place to work, good teamwork, awesome colleagues, we are paid well, management is awesome and fair. I would definitely recommend Wyckoff EMS to others.
excellent
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 3, 2018
I mean it is not bad, I have learned a lot since coming here. This is a melting pot culture and every experience has been contributory to my advancement as well to the patients
Pros
Very nice
Cons
Too far of a travel for me
specialize in patient care
Patient Accounts Manager, Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 29, 2018
it's a good hospital that caters to the needs of the patients, wellbeing and the families. The hospital is the primary one for that location, they have added new clinics.
Pros
good 401b
Cons
short breaks
Good hospital experience for students
Summer Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wyckoff, NYOctober 18, 2017
I was the only volunteer in the entire basement of the hospital so i was used by different departments as a helping hand. Being the assistant to the morgue director was a an eye opening experience for a 15 year old student. I learned I cannot stomach being a surgeon as I could barely stomach witnessing an autopsy on a new born baby. But I thoroughly enjoyed spending my time helping in the morgue and blood work department.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No pay
I Learned a lot in Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 5, 2017
Good experience for me work in Wyckoff Pharmacy , Amazing people work there , i enjoy my every worked day. I learned a lot, all my coworkers was very helpful and nice to me .
Hospital Setting
Unit Reception Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 1, 2017
You like a challenge the medical field is for you. The patients vary daily the pace varies daily and amount of changes you would have to adjust to will also change rapidly. Need a challenge the hospital setting is for you.

Want to know more about Wyckoff Heights Medical Center?

Ask a question
Clinicals
Student (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Good place for medical students to do their clinicals. Great learning and patient exposure. Students attend weekly grand rounds and discuss various topics with the Attendings and residents.
hospital provides good benefits/incentives. healthy environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 2, 2017
Wyckoff Heights Medical Center is a non profit hospital that serves the Bushwick area in Brooklyn NY. I worked in the PACU and had a flex time schedule working 12 hours x 3/wk. with a rate of 48.00 an hour. I had a very rewarding time working at Wyckoff. Management is very supportive in helping staff advance through encouraging staff to apply for Masteral studies which is fully reimbursed by the hospital. In PACU nurses collaborate well with all members of the healthcare team to give our patients excellent care and treatment in a safe and caring environment. i will definitely recommend Wyckoff Hospital to anyone wanting to work in the tristate area.
Pros
reimbursement of advance studies, free uniforms, free seminars
Cons
can get very busy
the staff
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 28, 2017
 Plan work schedules, hours, assignments, and job duties to ensure adequate staff services are rendered to all areas.
 Regularly inspect and evaluate physical condition of facility.
 Provide monthly administrative progress reports relative to short term accomplishments, future short term plans and staff education/training.
 Schedule major project work, assuring that adequate staff and supplies are available to perform said tasks.
 Maintain and support facility goals and objectives as they relate to third party patient survey process.
Pros
great area
Productive and fun work place
Clinical Clerk - Ambulatory Care (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 15, 2017
Has good stability and great union, been there for 7 years and still going strong, but the. Company still needs a little more work so that we can be one of the top hospitals in NYC
Local Hospital moving up
Administrative Assistant dept.of Surgery (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 3, 2017
Many changes are occurring within Wyckoff however, I strongly believe it is for the betterment of the community and employees. Patient care is priority and that goes a long way.
Pros
Care of Patients is first
Cons
Needs more staff to accommodate the volume of Patients
productive place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 2, 2017
what I have learned working here is that just like your personal family goals, your work life enviornment is also a kind of family that has daily and life goals. To attain your goals there has to be cohesiveness of skill,desire,tenacity,and passion in what you believe while being considerate of others. Management is a reinforcing asset and always helpful
Pros
people and sometimes pts whom are pleasant to work with makes the day go by smoother
Cons
negative attitudes
fun place to work
Radiology Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 2, 2017
The people are very caring. A typical day can be very busy but at the end of it everyone comes together to get the job done. The most enjoyable part is helping the patients.
16 years of good work ethics
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 18, 2017
A typical day was remaining ready for incoming patients and assisting medical staff. Management was always willing to step in to create a very helpful and cheerful atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of my job was just being to assist both staff and patients alike.
I learned a lot about the medical field from Wyckoff and it has prepared me in ways that I am most grateful for.
Good place to learn the field of work you choose
Linen aide, environment services (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, nyJuly 11, 2017
Its OK... A typical day of work consist of stripping and waxing, sterilizing equipment, emptying waste baskets. Dusting, cleaning bathroom and all assigned.
Pros
Full time hours available for part time workers
Cons
Management shows a lot of favortism
Evolving Healthcare Institution
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 10, 2017
The hospital is in a great location, right off of the L train and with multiple lines of mass transit available. The patient population that utilizes their services is in great need of their services. They have made strides to improve their services.