Wyckoff Heights Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive, great learning experience.
Nurses Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 3, 2018
It’s a teaching Hospital. It was my very first real job. I started working there at the age of 22 and left at the age of 39. I’ve learned so much from Wyckoff.
Pros
Learning experience, the benefits & Upgrade training programs
Cons
Management need to be trained better.
Overall
Scheduling Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 24, 2018
The Chairman of Anesthesia is a racist white man. He caters to his own kind and is very mean and evil.

Any other department within this company plays by the rules. The managers have compassion and understands and listens to their employees. I gave them 8 years of my life and enjoyed working there up until the new Chairman of Anesthesia came aboard. I quickly resigned because I could not work under his conditions.
Pros
Pay and benefits were inviting
Cons
No pension 401K or growth
Extremely understaffed radiology department.
X-ray/mammo tech (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 16, 2018
Because of understaffing, more pressure is placed on the techs. Management is inept and has not a clue. A culture of wage theft is currently going on that's perpetrated on the radiology techs.
very Productive work place
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 5, 2019
Safe environmment to work.. Good and well advance Health care Facility.. i acquire a lot of experience in providing respiratory care needed to diverse ethnic populations.After 20 years of experince acquired, i m feeling more equipped to move to another facility where i can apply my knowlege.. im also open to acquire more and more new experiences in Respiratory wherever my duties would be. Health Care is vast and updates. i would cooperate and follow rules and regulations required.
Poor Management Trickles Down to Low Morale
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 3, 2018
Management is out to lunch, it is impossible to get anything done. Much of the staff seems like they only work there because they can't find anything better. The staff that is actually dedicated and passionate about what they do spend the whole day putting out fires due to poor infrastructure.
Pros
holidays
Cons
no retirement benefits
Good place to work, good salaries
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 10, 2018
Staff work very hard and NO recognition from upper management.
also there are no career advancement. the hospital are always in financial difficulties.
Pros
locality
Cons
no career advancement, no recognition
Wonderful and Incredible Hands On Experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYMay 30, 2018
I took a volunteer position in the Maternity department over the summer and it was by far a wonderful and incredible experience. I was able to assist other nurses as well as learn how the clinical work field is like. A typical day for me involves cleaning the whiteboards inside the patients' rooms, restocking the supplies, reprinting and organizing patient bind folders, answering phone calls, delivering documents to another department to simply monitoring babies and temporarily babysitting the youngsters. The most enjoyable part of my job was having the task of monitoring babies during the nurses' break time. Though the break is unfortunately short, they do serve free lunches which is a bonus.
Despite the odds, I'm forever grateful for my experience at Wyckoff. And trust me, you won't regret it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
many opportunities for learning
Student Doctor (Former Employee) –  Bushwick, NYOctober 29, 2018
This hospital is located in an underserved community and offers many opportunities for growth and learning. The internal medicine program gives students the hands on training needed to prepare for residency.
excellent
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 3, 2018
I mean it is not bad, I have learned a lot since coming here. This is a melting pot culture and every experience has been contributory to my advancement as well to the patients
Pros
Very nice
Cons
Too far of a travel for me
Small diverse facility.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 9, 2019
Not a productive environment within the EVS dept.. Independent thinking or application toward all HR Rules & Guidelines were not embraced. Universal training of staff was not the true focal point.
A very peaceful and entertaining job site. The people who work here are very friendly and extremely passionate about their jobs at Wyckoff.
Pre-Testing Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 26, 2018
The temporary job I had at Wyckoff was a great experience to me. I learned a lot about the medical field even though I interned there for less than a month. I work very closely with the actual employees of Wyckoff and they treated me as if I actually work there. Overall I had a great experience at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center.
Pros
Internship discount.
Cons
Short breaks.
Understaffed and Underpaid
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 8, 2018
A typical work day has you looking for your coworker while you are working hard. Highly understaffed and management expects one person to do the job of five. Management does not give any incentives for your hard work; all they do is deny your requests for days off and take away your Mondays off for working the weekend.
Extensive treatment planning experience
Dental Resident (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 14, 2018
I working under the guidance of endodontists, oral surgeons, prosthodontist and general attendings to provide dental treatments of various complexity
I gained academic and clinical knowledge in new areas of specialties through one-on-one guidance and literature updating.
I gained the confidence and experience needed to made clinical judgments.
Pros
treatment planning experience
Cons
long notes
Underserved Community
General Surgical Residency (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 29, 2018
It is under going many changes to improve the hospital and the inner workings. The patients have a lot of multiple medical issues that need good doctors.
Fast paced, busy, demanding place to work due to the high influx of patients
Ultrasound Student (Former Employee) –  BuschwickSeptember 17, 2018
The Women's health center that I was in was very busy and overfilled with patients. There was always a problem with double or even triple booking patients so the schedule was often backed up.
easy going work environment
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 23, 2018
easy going work environment , where i was able to help people / care of them , managers where very fair and easy to work with wyckoff heights medical gives a lot of opportunities to move up.
Research
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 3, 2018
My duty was reviewing patient charts, who had MRSA positive, and identify was it community acquired or hospital acquired? Those cases I had to differentiate, and make a conclusion
New Job experience
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 4, 2018
Wyckoff Heights was a new experience for me. It was my first job working in the medical field

I learned medical terminology as well as how medical documentation was collected, stored and made available to professional as well as customer care.
loved the community
Senior Linkage to Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2018
Worked there for over 12 years. I was promoted 3 times.

Loved and had so much passion helping the people of the community .

My college interships were done at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
Pros
Helping the least fortunate
Cons
New Management Instability
A lot of great opportunities
Occupational and Physical Therapy Liaison (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 29, 2016
Working at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center was a great experience.
Friendly staff and doctors and management will always work with their staff to accommodate hours of work and school.

Great opportunities for growth and lots of overtime. Wicked Hospital also provided schooling for those who were interested in continuing their education and move up within the hospital and their different departments.

The union delegates alway assisted the staff when there were issues with HR and always fought to make sure the staff did not get fired as well as provided staff with the discipline and corrective plans needed for them to continue with their job and growth.
Pros
Free schooling, Great job opportunities and the best Healthcare benefits.
Cons
No cons.