Wyckoff Heights Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Extensive treatment planning experience
Dental Resident (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 14, 2018
I working under the guidance of endodontists, oral surgeons, prosthodontist and general attendings to provide dental treatments of various complexity
I gained academic and clinical knowledge in new areas of specialties through one-on-one guidance and literature updating.
I gained the confidence and experience needed to made clinical judgments.
Pros
treatment planning experience
Cons
long notes
A very peaceful and entertaining job site. The people who work here are very friendly and extremely passionate about their jobs at Wyckoff.
Pre-Testing Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 26, 2018
The temporary job I had at Wyckoff was a great experience to me. I learned a lot about the medical field even though I interned there for less than a month. I work very closely with the actual employees of Wyckoff and they treated me as if I actually work there. Overall I had a great experience at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center.
Pros
Internship discount.
Cons
Short breaks.
Extremely understaffed radiology department.
X-ray/mammo tech (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 16, 2018
Because of understaffing, more pressure is placed on the techs. Management is inept and has not a clue. A culture of wage theft is currently going on that's perpetrated on the radiology techs.
Wonderful and Incredible Hands On Experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYMay 30, 2018
I took a volunteer position in the Maternity department over the summer and it was by far a wonderful and incredible experience. I was able to assist other nurses as well as learn how the clinical work field is like. A typical day for me involves cleaning the whiteboards inside the patients' rooms, restocking the supplies, reprinting and organizing patient bind folders, answering phone calls, delivering documents to another department to simply monitoring babies and temporarily babysitting the youngsters. The most enjoyable part of my job was having the task of monitoring babies during the nurses' break time. Though the break is unfortunately short, they do serve free lunches which is a bonus.
Despite the odds, I'm forever grateful for my experience at Wyckoff. And trust me, you won't regret it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Good place to work, good salaries
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 10, 2018
Staff work very hard and NO recognition from upper management.
also there are no career advancement. the hospital are always in financial difficulties.
Pros
locality
Cons
no career advancement, no recognition
loved the community
Senior Linkage to Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2018
Worked there for over 12 years. I was promoted 3 times.

Loved and had so much passion helping the people of the community .

My college interships were done at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
Pros
Helping the least fortunate
Cons
New Management Instability
Understaffed and Underpaid
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 8, 2018
A typical work day has you looking for your coworker while you are working hard. Highly understaffed and management expects one person to do the job of five. Management does not give any incentives for your hard work; all they do is deny your requests for days off and take away your Mondays off for working the weekend.
Poor Management Trickles Down to Low Morale
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 3, 2018
Management is out to lunch, it is impossible to get anything done. Much of the staff seems like they only work there because they can't find anything better. The staff that is actually dedicated and passionate about what they do spend the whole day putting out fires due to poor infrastructure.
Pros
holidays
Cons
no retirement benefits
Toxic work place
Attending Physician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2018
Poor administration, very discriminatory environment
High turn over rate, and it is very difficult to recruit new staff. Nursing and other ancillary services are poorly managed
Productive and welcoming workplace
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 7, 2018
Awesome place to work, good teamwork, awesome colleagues, we are paid well, management is awesome and fair. I would definitely recommend Wyckoff EMS to others.
excellent
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 3, 2018
I mean it is not bad, I have learned a lot since coming here. This is a melting pot culture and every experience has been contributory to my advancement as well to the patients
Pros
Very nice
Cons
Too far of a travel for me
specialize in patient care
Patient Accounts Manager, Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 29, 2018
it's a good hospital that caters to the needs of the patients, wellbeing and the families. The hospital is the primary one for that location, they have added new clinics.
Pros
good 401b
Cons
short breaks
Good hospital experience for students
Summer Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wyckoff, NYOctober 18, 2017
I was the only volunteer in the entire basement of the hospital so i was used by different departments as a helping hand. Being the assistant to the morgue director was a an eye opening experience for a 15 year old student. I learned I cannot stomach being a surgeon as I could barely stomach witnessing an autopsy on a new born baby. But I thoroughly enjoyed spending my time helping in the morgue and blood work department.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No pay
I Learned a lot in Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 5, 2017
Good experience for me work in Wyckoff Pharmacy , Amazing people work there , i enjoy my every worked day. I learned a lot, all my coworkers was very helpful and nice to me .
Hospital Setting
Unit Reception Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 1, 2017
You like a challenge the medical field is for you. The patients vary daily the pace varies daily and amount of changes you would have to adjust to will also change rapidly. Need a challenge the hospital setting is for you.
Clinicals
Student (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Good place for medical students to do their clinicals. Great learning and patient exposure. Students attend weekly grand rounds and discuss various topics with the Attendings and residents.
hospital provides good benefits/incentives. healthy environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 2, 2017
Wyckoff Heights Medical Center is a non profit hospital that serves the Bushwick area in Brooklyn NY. I worked in the PACU and had a flex time schedule working 12 hours x 3/wk. with a rate of 48.00 an hour. I had a very rewarding time working at Wyckoff. Management is very supportive in helping staff advance through encouraging staff to apply for Masteral studies which is fully reimbursed by the hospital. In PACU nurses collaborate well with all members of the healthcare team to give our patients excellent care and treatment in a safe and caring environment. i will definitely recommend Wyckoff Hospital to anyone wanting to work in the tristate area.
Pros
reimbursement of advance studies, free uniforms, free seminars
Cons
can get very busy
the staff
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 28, 2017
 Plan work schedules, hours, assignments, and job duties to ensure adequate staff services are rendered to all areas.
 Regularly inspect and evaluate physical condition of facility.
 Provide monthly administrative progress reports relative to short term accomplishments, future short term plans and staff education/training.
 Schedule major project work, assuring that adequate staff and supplies are available to perform said tasks.
 Maintain and support facility goals and objectives as they relate to third party patient survey process.
Pros
great area
Productive and fun work place
Clinical Clerk - Ambulatory Care (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 15, 2017
Has good stability and great union, been there for 7 years and still going strong, but the. Company still needs a little more work so that we can be one of the top hospitals in NYC
Local Hospital moving up
Administrative Assistant dept.of Surgery (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 3, 2017
Many changes are occurring within Wyckoff however, I strongly believe it is for the betterment of the community and employees. Patient care is priority and that goes a long way.
Pros
Care of Patients is first
Cons
Needs more staff to accommodate the volume of Patients