Wyndham Capital Mortgage Employee Reviews

very young and career oriented
mortgage sales associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 20, 2019
trained and licensed to sale home purchase and refi mortgages. Enjoyed the people and commitment to the employees to succeed. I no longer interested in cold calling for sales
Pros
workplace environment and maagement
Cons
hours and outbound dialing
Just your average telemarketing firm
loan officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 25, 2019
Some of the people that you work with are fun to be around, but there are so many people constantly being laid off or quiting on their own, it's very hard to take anyone you work with seriously.
Pros
okay pay for a call center job
Cons
Average telemarketing job with below average benefits
Not an ideal job
Loan Setup Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 10, 2019
I am not one to say negative things about a company who gave me an opportunity. However, it wasn't exactly a great opportunity, and it paid even worse. There is a lot of talk that comes from the top of this company, but not a lot of action. You probably know what you are getting yourself into here.
January 14, 2019

The role of our Loan Setup Specialist is a position that does not require specific Mortgage experience and is often the first step towards starting your career in the Mortgage industry. Based on market data for similar skilled/experience roles, the salary is appropriate for Charlotte, NC. Many of our current employees in other Operations based roles, started their careers in this position or one of equal experience requirements, as we highly encourage internal opportunities. These opportunities are created by capacity needs or the employee’s performance and drive for growth.

Joke of a company
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 9, 2019
I just needed to warn everyone interested in this opportunity. I was laid off from this place 2 months ago when they "eliminated my position"(I was a processor) along with several other processors. Now they are looking to hire someone new. My guess is because so many employees are quitting.

I am looking forward to the response one of the "executives" post to try to steer this in a positive direction.
Pros
Cons
Management, job security
January 14, 2019

Similar to other industries that are driven by market conditions, the mortgage industry at times can bring volatility and require companies to adjust their staffing needs based on capacity planning. Making these decisions is never easy, but is required at any type of company, no matter the industry to be able to invest in future opportunities and growth. Wyndham is staffed for our current volume and will continue to add staff as needed, which is driven by factors such as increased volume, internal process changes, promotions, and backfills. Unfortunately, it does not seem that you are interested in the current opportunity available, but we do wish the best for you in your future endeavors.

great company
Professional Mortgage Consultant- Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 20, 2018
wonderful work environment, great pay. Management is very supportive. Company is open to suggestions for improvement by all employees no matter the tenure
November 26, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! This is wonderful news to come back to after the Thanksgiving holiday! We appreciate you and all you do for Wyndham. So glad you recognize the transparency Wyndham strives for. We want to cultivate an environment where employees feel comfortable presenting new ideas and solutions! We value IMPACT and INNOVATION!!

Good company
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 19, 2018
Wyndham Capital was/is a good company who fills a niche as a mid sized mortgage company. Unfortunately the volatility in the industry caused management to change. (not ownership)
November 27, 2018

Like other financial industries, the mortgage industry can fluctuate. Thank you for recognizing the impact we are making on the mortgage industry even though we are not as large as some. There are so many reasons that make us stand out from our competitors. We appreciate your time here at Wyndham!

Good place to work , unstalbe industry
Priority Purchase Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 5, 2018
I learned a lot about mortgages and working in a fast paced environment. They do look to hire internally and will help you get to the next department you would like to go to. The big issue is the industry is very unstable and we've seen 4 rounds of lay offs this year.
November 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and recognition that Wyndham places a high priority on listening to our employees and helping them along their career path. Wyndham prides itself on recognizing talent and working with them to continue their development and provide different opportunities for them to grow within the company. The mortgage industry, at times can fluctuate, similar to many other financial industries. We continue to pivot and adjust our strategies based on the market, which at times, may include changes based on capacity modeling. These decisions are never made lightly, as each of our employees all make a big impact within the company and are a part of our culture.

Poor management
Operation Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2018
The employees are great to work with but upper management lacks in all areas of leadership. The culture is not how it used to be and you almost feel like you are underappreciated.
October 4, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback. One of our goals at Wyndham Capital is to cultivate an environment where employees feel safe and empowered to consistently provide their feedback and manage up to impact the culture of the company. We have implemented multiple different avenues to encourage any employee to have open dialog and provide suggestions or ask senior level management, including our CEO, questions that they may have about our strategy or leadership decisions. We value our culture of innovation and curiosity and view it as bringing new ideas to the table, and love when our employees are the ones stepping up and suggesting solutions.

Not for the long run
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 1, 2018
I worked as an underwriter for 9 months here. The best part of working here, is that they allow you to work remotely or come into the office. Changing your schedule is also relatively easy.

Now for the not so good..if you do decide to come into the office, the work environment is super, super noisy and not always professional. Music is played at workers desk, with speakers. Office is old, and not the cleanest. Very high school like behavior, even from leadership at at times.

Training is minimal. No real written procedures. If your last job was not 1st mtg underwriting (so not home equity, credit cards, auto, default or loss mit) then forget it. I saw some people hired from other types of underwriting, get fired within weeks.

Certain people are also set up to fail from day one, if they are not liked by the right people. Favoritism is an issue. Certain people will always have a ton of work to do, even when it is slow and everyone else is begging for things to do. How this favor is shown, seems to be based more on friendship than work quality.

Company was not very stable at all during the time I was there. Mass layoff done right after New Years 2017. Owner went into a panic when Donald Trump won the election and rates started to predictably rise. 80 or more people let go in the dead of winter when no other companies were hiring.

Luckily I went back to my old job with a big bank, and finally got the pay raise I had been looking for all along.
But all in all, I would not recommend for the long run. If you need a place to work temporarily, until you can find something
  more... at a major company, then come here. But never stop searching for a better job.  less
Pros
flexible schedule, remote work
Cons
poor benefits, instability, lack of professionalism
Very hectic work environment however it is very enjoyable and a pleasure to work there.
Customer Success Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 2, 2018
Wyndham Capital Mortgage is not like most companies. The work environment makes you feel like family. Loan Officers are pleasant and treat you as if you are more valuable to the team than they are. Management is pleasant and will work with you to create a work/life balance. The only downfall is that since they depend on the market a lot, this can affect business and in the end if the company is struggling, they have to make cuts. If presented with the opportunity, I would love to return.
Pros
Free Lunches on certain days.
Cons
Market can affect job security.
August 14, 2018

At work we end up spending a good bulk of our time, so why not make it fun and a place that fosters connections? At Wyndham, we feel that we can work with individuals on flexibility and promote what could be the most important benefit a company can offer: work/life balance. Being that we are a mortgage company, our business is dictated by the market and economy. We’ve anticipated changes and utilized keen judgement to understand the effects of the changing economic environment and how it will impact us overall.

it was nice working here
Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 7, 2018
my review if good. this is a very good company to work for. i had no complantes while i was her..trainging was good, and co-workers wore nice and helpfull.
August 14, 2018

We could not be happier about your positive experience here at Wyndham Capital. We strive for an environment where we can work as a team to do a job well done putting customer service at the forefront every day. Collaboration is key to improving individually as well as overall for the company.

August 14, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and acknowledging our awesome training plan and career path! We invest in our employees to ensure an easy transition, impart expert knowledge and ensure longevity in your career here!

Work hard, play harder
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2018
Wyndham offers a collaborative environment to team members. Advancement is a reality. Open door policy with leadership. Recognition of successes is a big focus. Coaching and mentoring happens frequently. The CEO holds monthly company wide meetings to answer questions or give Status updates. Healthcare is pretty reasonably priced.
Pros
Recognition. Support from management. Team values.
Cons
401k waiting period. No maternity leave.
August 14, 2018

What other CEO knows each and every employee’s name by memory, takes the time to hold monthly meetings and let us all know about company-wide initiatives? We are glad you are taking advantage of attending! In the last year or more, we have added 1:1 weekly meetings with management to uncover wins and gaps in order to identify ways to grow and recognize achievements. Wyndham is great at spotting candidate’s strengths and putting them in a position to thrive.

Working at Wyndham
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2018
Wyndham Capital taught me everything I know about my career. They trained me and paid for all of my licensing. They take care of their employees and its a great place to work.

Terrible Manager
Post Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 28, 2018
Post closing department had terrible management, she was rude. She would yell at her employees as well as got into a screaming match with someone. Very negative place to work and I felt very unimportant in the company.
March 6, 2018

We never like to hear when one of our employees had a negative experience with past management. Behavior as described is not tolerated here. Wyndham Capital feels confident in the management team currently in place and know we have chosen the right people to lead our Operations Departments. Over the past year or more, we have implemented a new Core Values Program that helps connect and integrate each employee to the organization. We have opened up multiple avenues such as an anonymous hotline, monthly 1:1’s, company meetings with the CEO to discuss trending questions from our employees as we value their thoughts and ideas and want to share how each individual employee contributes to the overall success of Wyndham.

Insurance in not very good. You have to work extra hours without getting overtime pay.
Senior Government & Conventional Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2017
Sales runs the ops department. Very number / production oriented. Only interested in high numbers, not quality. Operations manager is former loan officer... only interested in high production... not quality.
Insurance in not very good. Constant change in upper management. People tend to disappear into a black hole when they leave or get laid off with no explanation.
Cons
frequently have to work extra hours with no overtime paid
February 23, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We encourage you to voice your concerns to your manager or the employee anonymous hotline. Innovation and Courage are part of our core values here at Wyndham, we would love the opportunity to solution through these concerns with you.
We are happy to announce we've doubled our 401k match and health benefits start within 30 days of your start date! Thank you for all your hard work!

February 28, 2018

While we as a company depend on the sales team to drive business to funnel to the operations departments, here at Wyndham Capital we value each individual that contributes to the overall workflow process. Without operations we could not achieve our goals!!! We are happy to announce with our growth we have doubled our 401k match and our benefits begin almost immediately after starting! We pride ourselves on being an innovated company- always looking for ways to become more efficient- so we appreciate you being flexible in an ever changing industry!

Good place to work.
Client Services (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed my time there. The CEO is great and the people are awesome. I have been there for almost a year and I have passed up other positions with more money because of the past environment.
February 23, 2018

That is great to hear and we couldn't agree more! Thank you for being loyal to Wyndham Capital!

Learned a great deal
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2017
Learned a great many new technologies, and also learned out how to leverage AWS. At times management could be tought to work with, but everyone is pretty fair and nice.
February 23, 2018

Happy you were able to grow your career here and thank you for your contributions!

Post- Closing Auditor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2017
good culture too many lay offs I dont have to much more to say about that. I liked my coworkers we where a good tem. my team was built with good team leads who did not mind helping others.
Pros
manager
Cons
job security
February 23, 2018

Happy to hear you say we have strong teams and management in place, and enjoyed the Culture here!

I would have worked here forever!!
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 23, 2017
I loved WCM, excellent work culture, like family. Great benefits!
I would recommend them to anyone! I would have stayed forever with this company, I had family issues in a different state that made me leave the company.
Pros
Treated like family, advancement opportunities
February 23, 2018

We miss you so much! Thank you for making Wyndham a fun place to work!

Pretty Good
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 28, 2017
A lot goes with who you know within the company. Can be a fun place to work. Too many changes from day to day. Too many people leaving for other places due to work place.
Pros
Casual attire
Cons
Too many changes
February 23, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly looking for ways to become more efficient and innovated - with that, comes change. Thank you for staying flexible in this fast-paced industry and all your hard work!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Capital Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

Wyndham Capital Mortgage Reviews by Location