Wyndham Destinations Employee Reviews

Found 4,087 reviews matching the search See all 4,586 reviews
Independently owned and operated
Asssistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cody, WYDecember 12, 2018
The hotels are not owed by the company it's self they are independently owned and operated with set standards to be a part of the Wyndham hotel brand. So it's really up to the owner what you get paid etc.
Henryetta Days Inn
Front Desk Clerk / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Henryetta, OKDecember 12, 2018
I love meeting new people. I'm sure if I was acually working for Wyndham and not a privately owned hotel I would get all the benefits and pay I deserve. But I don't.
Pros
Relaxing
Cons
Poor management
Working at the Super 8 Motel
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, NYDecember 12, 2018
I worked about 35 hours a week for two years in Glens Falls, NY and Warrensburg, NY. I was laid off in the winter. All of a sudden there was lack of sales and business.
N/a
Lobby Attendant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 12, 2018
I have mixed feelings about my time working at the Hotel. We had a few different owners of the property, it didn't seem very organized or structured. Perhaps it has changed.
Pretty decent job to have.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VADecember 12, 2018
Baymont Inn and Suites was very convenient at the time the hours of 11-7 allowed me to work my full time job in addition it.

I loved my guest and seeing all of my regulars. If I did not have so many unwanted hours and unplanned shifts it would've been a good part time job. I did not sign up for full time but that's what I ended up working in addition to another full time job; with kids. ;(
Pros
relaxed enviroment
Cons
more hours than I signed up for, lack of management
Good
Data Cleanup Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. I never had any issues with communication and everyone is pleasant. I was on contract so my time was limited. Everyone was cooperative!
Pros
Cool People
relaxed and working by self
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GADecember 11, 2018
typical day working at days inn is completing my assignments with check outs or stay over rooms providing strong customer service and helping customers with solving problems answer phone calls for assist from front desk i learned working at days inn is not only cleaning rooms for customers being able to assist customers and make sure they are satisfied and also helping other co workers too the hardest part not being able to satisfy all customer i enjoy cleaning the rooms and helping others at the same time it make me feels happy inside to see others happy
Pros
working own my own
Cons
hour of pay
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 11, 2018
Not a good place to work and the owner/manger oh he is a mess and i would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. I was the housekeeping manger and he wanted me to run the whole hotel.
Flexible. Career Advancement
Resort Operations / In House Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2018
Wyndham, like any large company, has the problem of matching its corporate vision with the day to day operations. They do, for the most part, allow for a flexible schedule and career advancement, but need to do more when it relates to listening to their employees on the day-to-day level.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Managers don't listen
Fun plac to work
Front Desk Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 10, 2018
I learned a lot working the front desk. I learned how to book rooms and check guest in/out. The guest were the best. I loved my regular guest. I learned how to balance my drawer as well.

Want to know more about Wyndham Destinations?

Ask a question
fast paced and interesting.
House Person (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 10, 2018
It was a decent place to work. you learn to become a team player there or you will find it sometimes hard to do your work well. It can become very frustrating at times. You must have patience, temperance and the ability to know how to speak to others. Employees or clients.
Quick Paced, Customer Oriented
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTDecember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working and attending to the needs of the guests.
The managers and co-workers also made it enjoyable to work in the environment while still maintaining high standards.
Amazing Work Culture
RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Branson, MODecember 9, 2018
Wyndham Destinations is an incredible place to work because of the close knit group of people you work with. The bonds I made with co-workers made being at work enjoyable and fun everyday. The professionalism shown at the Branson offices is unlike I have ever experienced. The best place I could have began my career.
Customer service is not one of their strong point
FRONT DESK / NIGHT AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, AL & Hawthorne, CaDecember 9, 2018
Loved having new guest come into the hotel, calling airlines and see if they have any cancel. The pictures are over exaggerated. Parts of the breakfast are a joke. No hot meat, only hard boiled eggs. Management is threatened by actual employees giving great customer service
Pros
hour extra
Cons
no lunch break
Very Active
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 9, 2018
Face paced work environment with on the job training have to have great attention to detail management is very helpful if you have issues but they dont give very many chances to mess up and will fire you without a reason
Pros
you can increase income with production
Cons
lack of communication skills will kill your check
Fun and competive working enviorment.
Contract Processor (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLDecember 9, 2018
Typically, as a contractor, you help keep your working space and sales center clean and organized.

As scheduled guest come in, the sales reps articulate the benefits of joining vacation ownership.

In between having guest come in for their presentation, you have the opportunity to catch up with workload. If there is not any tours, you have the opportunity to learn more about your job and have the opportunity to self educate yourself through taking training modules.
Title Mandatory
Front Desk Staff (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 8, 2018
Currently employed - no further details to elaborate on while operating under their employ. In order to ensure financial security until new employment can be attained, no possibly identifying information can be provided.
Fun
Inhouse Sales /Marketing Agent (Current Employee) –  Napa, CADecember 8, 2018
A good place to learn to sale. The training is ongoing. You also get help from sales team. They allow you to transfer to other jobs in the company.
Pros
If you're good you can gross 3 figures annually
Cons
Takes a while to learn to sell time shares
Management had real problems and the whole department was closed.
COMMUNITY MARKETING PERSON (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLDecember 7, 2018
Whole department was shut down and had to be restructured. The company provided a great compensation package which really helped. No idea how things are now.
Pros
Money was good when it was there.
Cons
Hard work and lots of staff meetings.
Work at your own risk
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2018
The turnover rate is abysmal for a reason. The Analysis department got a new director that has never been an analyst and a manager that doesn't know allocate resources properly. Promotions and rewards are based on who your friends are not ability or quality of work product. Having to spin up multiple phase 2 and 3 projects to account for the poor execution of the 1st phase is considered a good thing so none of the contributing issues are addressed.
Pros
Friendly coworkers.
Cons
Tiny desk spaces, process for the sake of process.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Destinations. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.2K
31.1K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight