Wyndham Destinations Employee Reviews

Found 4,495 reviews matching the search See all 5,022 reviews
Good place to start selling timeshare
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HIFebruary 21, 2019
I was a Sales Executive for Wyndham Vacation Ownership.
I sold on the direct line then was promoted to in house
We had a fun team but I witnessed lots of turnover throughout my years
Fast paced
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 21, 2019
Overall it was an ok place to be employed , showed some favoritism. Started out being full time , switched to part time. Worked over a year an ended up with just $8.75 an hour some that just started , started off with more .
Temporary Administrative Assistant to Sales Department
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Depot Bay, ORFebruary 20, 2019
Hired to help new Administrative manager organize and process contracts from sales staff. Sales staff was less than helpful, upper management was in another state and sometimes gave conflicting information. There were two offices that we had to run, along with scheduling the sales people the appointments, and make sure all the contracts were correctly printed and signed. Then sent in to the main office. There were also monetary gifts that had to be accounted for and kept in a safe. All of these had to be strictly regulated for time share sales. I found their tactics both with customers and staff to be deceitful and self deprecating at every turn. I was happy when they closed the second office and my assignment was over.
Enjoy your relationship with the cops
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHFebruary 19, 2019
It is pretty similar to a family business. Everyone is connected to everyone somehow. If you like drama but want an easy job go for it. Manager and Supervisor are amazing but if you are looking for something more than a 9 an hour job and dealing with drunks and being unable to unlock doors then this might not be your bag.
Pros
Not much actual work, Workers treat you like family
Cons
Crazy Customers, Low Pay
It
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 19, 2019
Go in, do your job, go home. Sometimes work from home.

Hours can be long, politics, some good people.

Most enjoyable part of job is my team. We help other out.
"Not really good"
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAFebruary 19, 2019
I worked only 2 years but they are not strong as choice hotels or Best Western. I don't' remember too much about Wybndham, maybe I needed more time to know them a little bit more.

The system they use it is very easy and that is a advantage when you are training new employees
Pros
any
Cons
any
the job was reliable
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 19, 2019
I had good days and fun days . I wish I could go back but I had to more forward and relocate. I learn how to work as a team as well as lead one & I appreciate given the opportunity to do so .
It was a great place and everyone got along well
Head housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dillon, MTFebruary 18, 2019
My favorite part of the job was the Co workers I worked with. Everyone had a great attitude and we all believed in team work. So whoever got done with their rooms first we would go help the next person until every room was ready. The inventory I did every Tuesday was very simple the hardest part of working there was if someone didn't show up for work it put us in a very bad situation but we understood people get sick it was also a very physical and demanding job
Pros
We had a good team
Cons
We were only given one fifteen minute break half halfway through our shift
laid back atmosphere in between guests
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 18, 2019
Front desk hotel work is a challenging job. Must be able to work quickly and effectively to ensure guests are checked in, in a timely, pleasant manner.
Overall I enjoy my job and have worked many hotels over the years.
The shift work is the main flaw for me. I have worked all phases and shifts of the front desk and excel at all, but I mainly have been night auditor for 10 years at this location. I am currently Guest Services Manager and enjoy that well
General Manager
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, SDFebruary 17, 2019
Managed 40 unit motel with 13-15 employees. Duties included; training; supervising; hiring, firing employees; managing inventory; checking rooms for cleanliness and maintenance problems; selling and marketing; public relations; payroll and bookkeeping; doing direct mailings,
Pros
included room and board
Cons
Lived on property not easy to get away
Days inn
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, MIFebruary 16, 2019
The work was hard at first, but got easy when time when on. I liked working here. I make new friends, meet some really nice people. The money was good and hours were okay. Some days you'll work for 8 hours and some other days you'll work for 3.

The bosses there were rude. If you're a smoker or not you only get ONE 20 minutes break, you would have to available at all times, just incase you were to be called in, they would make you be a part of a group chat to tell you wants going on and to find out if you're working the next day or not, and if you got fired they wouldn't tell you to you're face they would remove you off the page and that how they firer people.
Pros
good paying job
No empowerment or growth
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAFebruary 16, 2019
I was a supervisor on the property and there will always be so tight on budget that it will affect work flows that creat even harder time to make unique experience with the guest. Also with such low budget they laid off over +30 managers and supervisors in Southern California alone including me.
Pros
Knowledge and experience
Cons
Budget and no empowerment
It was an alright place to work. Nit much to say
concierge (give directions to local (Former Employee) –  Bernalillo, NMFebruary 15, 2019
During my time working there I was cut hours, the management was great but the coworkers would butt heads. By the end i was only working the weekenfs and that just wasnt enough.
Completely Miserable Experience
Vacation Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 15, 2019
The Recruitment and Initial Training experience were both great. They paint a very nice picture of the company. I do feel that the product is good and they offer a quality experience for their owners. However, I did not find that to be the case as an employee working for them. The wonderful experience ends the moment you leave their corporate offices and their training. As the reality of being an employee at one of their onsite resort sales teams begins.

The location Grand Desert has tons literally tons of NQ Not Qualified Tours which you are forced to tour that still count against you. They also have way too many tours who already own and I have no idea how they are even allowed to be there. There is alot of corruption and manipulation by the onsite resort management team. The tour assignment process is not transparent.

Corporate really needs to head over to your Front Line Sales and do some real introspective soul searching and looking within about this repressive, counterproductive and demeaning sales business model. This is not the way to run a professional sales organization and certainly not the way to treat your newest front line sales agents.
Pros
Recruitment and Training are excellent
Cons
Onsite Front Line Sales Management are the worst ever
It wasnt anything to rant about but it was fun while I worked there
Front Desk Supervisor/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAFebruary 14, 2019
Everyday is different new faces all the time a lot was learned when I worked there. Always feel at home management was easy to talk to and very understanding
Pros
free lunch, discount
Cons
Alot of favortisum
Ok
In house sales (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 13, 2019
Wyndham Destinations was a fair working environment. Company culture is wandering and lacking. Top down seemed a bit red-neck mafia style (self proclaimed as well).
Pros
Free meals during tours. $$
Cons
Lost soul
Fun place to work, not enough pay
VACATION PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 13, 2019
The culture at wyndham was great, and the people made the job. I would have enjoyed the job more with better more competitive pay and a different schedule.
Loved it!
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, TXFebruary 13, 2019
I would recommend this place to anyone who is willing to work and do this kind of work.!! If this what someone fills that suits them then they have found the right job.
No Review
Director of Sales/ Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAFebruary 13, 2019
I do not have a review for Wyndham Destinations at this time. I do not recommend the branch I was located at in Pooler Ga for guest stays or for new hires.
Great Workers
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Borger, TXFebruary 13, 2019
My job training went well, the managers were too nice. The rooms were great, we had no complaints. My coworkers were patient and understanding. My hours fit my schedule as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Destinations. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
41.4K
31.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Wyndham Destinations.

Powered by Comparably