Wyndham Destinations

United States2,698 reviews

Found 2,698 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,925 reviews
timesharehotelresortgudestinationguestvacationsale

Ok

The cut-throat business of sales and marketing is exemplified here. The commissions were good but the achieveability of the numbers they wanted was close to impossible. Lots of promises made by recruiters were not really carried out.

too much gossip and special treatment

management is a joke, they literally pick and choose who gets treated better, if you’re not on your managers good side they literally will turn things around to have you fire yourself! just so they don’t get their hands dirty smh

Pros

Cons

every department

Wyndham Destinations insights

Based on 2,228 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Was cool but no protection as an employee

The job was great, management was good however, pay wasnt that great. High ups in the company made bad business decisions and did a massive layoff to save an outside company because it was cheaper than keeping everything in-house. My department and a few others now no longer exist.

Eh you decide.

They sale you on the you COULD make $300k or $100k whatever. When I first started within 2 months, 5 people either left or got fired I don’t know. If you’re looking for long term job this probably is not it. Managers only care about their top agents, well because they are the ones making their stores numbers look good. So it’s a HIGH turn around. That’s why they are always hiring. It’s all a numbers game. The only way to make it to the top is by lying to people. If you like taking advantage of people knock yourself out. Managers are a joke they swear they are profesional.

Pros

Cons

Timeshares

Admires Talent

Overall good place to work. Has a good culture, but does not offer the opportunity to grow with the company. Does not offer a competitive wage. Does not give meal breaks.

Pros

Tips at the end of the day.

Cons

No breaks, 15 minute breaks or meal breaks. You sign a waiver every week.

Non inclusive and very bad management

They boast about making everyone feel included and treating everyone the same. But in reality they treat anyone who identifies differently, isn’t is lgbtq, or anyone who is more towards the right in politics like they are dumb. They belittle them and talk badly about them continuously. They give very little training unless you are a sales rep. If you are a sales rep the management will talk badly about you to anyone who will give them an ear.

Pros

They put out a free snack basket and great coworkers.

Cons

Horrible management and continuous drama.

Could be better

There are a lot of leadership issues that make the job harder than it is. Communication between management and sales reps is poor and the site is disorganized most of the time. There is no consistancy in daily operations. People call out and there are no consequences, which makes moral low because the people that are at work are overworked with little reward. There is the potential to make a lot of money if you thrive in drama and chaos.

Unethical

Had to leave due to sales ethics. It use to be fun and exciting. Quotas are super high now due to people getting away with unethical sales practices. It's no longer a fun place to work.

What is the best part of working at the company?New building What is the most stressful part about working at the company?New building problems What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Better now What is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy with repairs

What is the best part of working at the company?Family minded What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Got busy at times What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Amazing I love Wyndham worked for the for 13 years What is a typical day like for you at the company?Fun and amazing

Very Micro-Managed

Work-Life Balance: ehh.. not so muchPay: not badManagement: could be betterEthics of the company: not amazing Don’t work a job like this unless you’re okay with being chained to your desk for 8 hours

Worked in multiple locations

I have found where you work can be very different at this company. One thing is the same business goals are before people goals. Many promises of personal progress on work but very little achieved. Women are promoted less in all locations I worked. I was told I would receive a promotion after achieving advanced license with one state and I only got a video interview. Women really are placed to low for their experience, skills and abilities.

Pros

Good benefits start first month

Cons

Limited women promotions

Decent pay, great benefits

Timeshare industries are snoozing but the pay isn’t bad. The best benefit is health and travel discounts. I would recommend reservations but I don’t recommend the finance department.

Most unfair company I’ve worked for

Here are the facts ai experienced while working there: They have policies that allow them to reduce your commissions. Your commissions are penetration based. So you could go to work and actually LOSE money. Also they assign customers to you while you are at home off the clock that you or no one else helped.

Pros

Good environment, fun, good coworkers

Cons

Unrealistic goals and Unfair practices regarding pay

What is the best part of working at the company?Great pay and benefits. Benefits kick in quickly and are as diverse as they are reasonable.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Understanding the different ownership/membership types What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It started off amazing but ended up being discriminatory and favoritistWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Daily expectations are clear cut and reasonable.

Awesome company

Best company to work for. Work 5 days a week making over 100k a year. Saturday and Sundays off and I only work 6 and half hours a day. You can't find a better place to work. You must put in the effort. But hard work does pay off.

Productive and Fun Place to work

I enjoy working at Wyndham at National Harbor. My coworkers and I work together as a team and we love working together. Definitely life changing. Shout out to the Squad.

Fun

Life is what you make it. That includes work life. When you enjoy what you are doing, it didn't feel like work. I experience this every single day with this company.

Lots of opportunities with poor environment

While the company itself offers a lot of great benefits and opportunities, the environment in itself was very negative and unprofessional. Management and other coworkers were very hard to work with as well as inappropriate.

Benefits

Cons

Environment

New Manager = Dead end job

This company praises themselves for caring about employees. They praise themselves for providing stable work with opportunity for advancement. Then they hired a property manager that goes against everything wyndham praises themselves for. In first 2 weeks without speaking to any employees he decided no one in our department was a quality workers and he needed to bring in new "quality" people

Pros

Past week with benefits

Cons

No advancement, faulty systems, blamed for things that have nothing to do with department, treated like dregs of the work place

What is the best part of working at the company?Benefits, hours & the fun of vacationsWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?It's a huge click....so if your not related or a friend of a manager-your going to get used!!!!What is the work environment and culture like at the company?One HUGE Clic....NOTHING but smoke & mirrorsWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Early meeting, having fun with guests, if your not kissing but or related your getting used for lower tier tours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Destinations. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Wyndham Destinations.
Powered byComparably