Wyndham Destinations Employee Reviews

Found 4,011 reviews matching the search See all 4,506 reviews
I loved the night auditor position, but one of my co-workers was rude
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDNovember 13, 2018
I loved everything about my job, the pay was nice, the pace was good, I never got stressed at work, but had to leave cause a co-worker was bullying me.
Pros
easy work, nice pay
Cons
rude coworker
Manager and Director are awful
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2018
The manager and director in the Orlando telesales office are completely terrible. The favoritism at this place is unbelievable. You do have opportunities to earn money but it's a not very much. You have to sell constantly to stay out of draw in order to make any money. The environment is Relentless you have to constantly constantly be on the phone there are no breaks... in order to sell you have to be on the phone the whole time you're there it's nothing but voicemails to leave your old beat-up very few opportunities if any at all to advance. Favoritism special needs are given a certain two to three people. This place is in complete disarray
Pros
Cons
Favoritism, mundane job...inept management
Decent workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 12, 2018
The management was AMAZING ! The owners however .. just horrible. 3 years with them and still NO raise. I was making MINIMUM WAGE ! I was not able to pay for my college books or anything.
Team Driven
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edisto Beach, SCNovember 12, 2018
While most places you work tend to feel like a dog eat dog environment, this site truly promotes working with your team to deliver results. If you do not work well with others you can still have success but not as likely.
Hours werent content
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Fife, WANovember 11, 2018
If you dont have kids you get screwed with mandatory overtime. Never a set schedule. Hours sucked, was not hired for graveyard shift. Got stuck doing it anyways.
Pros
Nice regular manager somethings were out if her control.
Cons
No breaks, not safe at night have to work alone.
Good company but poor pay
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OregonNovember 11, 2018
I've learned a lot in my role and the job has been great. The only reason I am thinking of leaving is because of the pay. The resorts are in tourist areas and therefore have high costs of living. My rent is more than half of my typical monthly income which doesn't allow any extra to save up for purchases or emergencies.
Pros
Great Travel Discounts
Cons
Low pay
Overall good place but advancement opportunities are limited
Activities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VANovember 10, 2018
As an employee I enjoyed working with Wyndham, however I did not feel supported with my career advancement goals. It felt as if they were content to pay a supervisors rate for the Assistant Manager duty's, and they removed the position that would have been the next level of advancement from one department, citing budget, while simultaneously adding secondary assistant manager position in another department.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement; healthcare benefits
Cons
limited support for advancement
Cool place to work
Vacation Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando flNovember 9, 2018
Some of the people are cool there they need to do better with the communication with employee's on calls and conversion money good if u make the sales but if u dont ten dollar's an hour is no money
Environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 9, 2018
My boss is amazing. Flexible and does not micro-manage. Team atmosphere and great sources when I need answers to questions. Ability to cross train and further my knowledge in this industry.
Entrepreneurial Job
Field Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2018
Wyndham has given me the tools to be my own boss and run my own company. I am able to recruit my own customers throughout the entire process. Wyndham is a company where you can easily move up the corporate ladder as well.
Fun, High value timeshare gig.
VACATION OWNERSHIP SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 8, 2018
A typical day consists of your pre-sale meeting held by managers to pump up the sales team, followed by taking up to three, two-and-a-half hour tours a day where you give a sales presentation to families that are on vacation. More often than not the prospective families are informed of this vacation presentation, but when they are not, OH BOY they're upset. You'll get an intense initial training for a month and a half, and you afterwards are constantly reminded to practice your pitch and improve on your sales techniques. Overall you as a salesman will constantly be stimulated and interact with families from all over the world, and will often deal with rejection. The glory comes with a successful sale, that is announced the next day in the morning meetings to show recognition for your hard work.
Pros
Excellent training, coffee bar, work culture, commission structure
Cons
repetitive, customers are not always polite
Accounting Manager
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Glades, TNNovember 8, 2018
Worked on 8 HOA's, and supervised AR, AP, reconciliations, financial statements and tax preparation. Input information into People Soft and worked with Wyndham Corporate to finalize financial statements each month.
Pros
Opportunity to learn People Soft
Cons
Constant travel to Myrtle Beach, Sc
Drama, Drama, more Drama
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLNovember 7, 2018
Management in Accounting is not supportive. Pay is ridiculously low for the job they want you to do. Job posting was inaccurate. Turnover is significant!
Pros
Lunch
Cons
No Management support, no bonuses
A stagnant comfortable place that offers you a competitive minimum employee package
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 7, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of working under someone who applied corporate desensitized standard policies and micro managed your day to day to include various re training on any behavior that is deemed unacceptable. Very little room for individuality. They offered you bare minimum in incentives. A very good hotel discount if you want to travel a bit, but very little paid time off to utilize the discount.
Pros
Hotel Discounts
Cons
healthcare, corporate standards
Slow easy job
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clinton, OKNovember 6, 2018
This is a great job if you're still going to school, its slow so you have time to do other things. The manger I had in 2009 was amazing, she made the atmosphere very enjoyable.
Not a bad place!
Sr. Case Specalist (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WANovember 6, 2018
The culture at Wyndham Destinations is very fun and friendly. Working to get people on vacations is a real pleasure at times! Some days can be hectic, but for the most part they are enjoyable.
I can't speak for other properties but this was a scummy place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 6, 2018
This Days Inn tried to sell itself as a family brand. This particular hotel was not in the best of neighborhoods and we frequently has issues with drugs and prostitution. I and other staff made suggestions to how we could stop it but the management did not seem to care.
Lots of questions/confusion due to split that do not get answered
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2018
Hours are fairly flexible, direction is lacking, management is secluded, culture is very tenuous, no explanation for "downsizing", IT department lacking.
Pros
Cafeteria and Fitness Center with trainer on site
Cons
Unable to take all of PTO and no compensation for days not taken.
Great first hospitality industry job
Guest Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 6, 2018
A typical day at work was a little busy and there's always a lot to do. I learned a lot of administrative responsibilities. Management was nice but corporate was not safe to work for. The culture with my coworkers was the best part. The hardest part was working weekends.
Pros
Hotel discounts, PTO accumulated fast
Cons
Never closes, worked weekends, aggressive need for flexibility
October 2018 Restructuing
Maintenance Tech II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2018
Major change in operations. I do not know how this will impact in the future. I plan to leave do to personal reasons. In October a lot a managers where laid off.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Nothing to complain

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Destinations. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Wyndham Destinations.

Powered by Comparably