Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

hotel
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 15, 2019
They are very similar to any other hotel - same experiences. They do require sales people to punch and work a minimum of 55 hours per week. Nice hotel.
Pros
Pay
Cons
healthcare
Always Change
Employee (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 10, 2019
you will always face change and unstable environment
focus is on room growth but more customers are leaving than joining, its a constant internal struggle
The only good thing - Easy to Balance Life and Work
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALApril 9, 2019
This was a very draining job with very unprofessional management. Management was overbearing, they refused to pay me for overtime, they made me raise the rates for richer looking people and lower them for "poorer" people. I was told to lie about our rooms, rates, and overall facilities to get people to stay. Management made me do jobs that weren't required by me in my job description just because they didn't want to "waste money" on a maintenance man. When I told them I wasn't comfortable doing certain jobs (electrical work, climbing, and standing up to "unruly" guests, they threatened to fire me. I was told to call the cops only as a last resort because they didn't want their establishment to look bad. I was yelled at multiple times for contacting management about violent guests because it wasn't a serious issue. When I left this establishment, I needed to get work info for government assistance, they refused to sign any paperwork because they said "If they really needed anything from us, they would fax us something. Until then, don't contact us again." All of this to say, that this was the worst work management I've ever had to deal with.
Pros
Easy work, easy balance of life
Cons
Good until change of leadership
Conference Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 8, 2019
First team leader was a trusting let you go do things for yourself and be your friend as well as your leader type. but after he left and the second team leader took over, he kept people on a tight leash and micromanaged people on every step you take and criticized every move you made by yourself and management enabled it.
overall fun environment while still being professional
Dishwasher/Bar-back/Banquet Set-Up (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 28, 2019
clear piles of dirty dishes til all are gone usually takes about 1 hour then clean dish machine thoroughly for smooth sailing for rest of the day unless there is big banquet parties which differentiate from about 50-1000 not including customers at bar and restaurant
Great place, awesome people
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 25, 2019
I learned a lot of new things, advanced in a lot of new skills, helped me become a better multitasker, dealt a lot with customer service and tending to clients needs and I met various people. It was overall a pleasant experience
Good company, but limited advancement opportunities
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 20, 2019
Good company and culture that provides opportunities for training, but limited opportunities for advancement and management doesn't recognize achievements.
The worst management Ive ever seen
Guest Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 10, 2019
The HR department are supposed to be for the employees, however they were more so for management. They hardly ever hired internally, rather hire someone who is not qualified from outside. Management were a bunch of drunks who drank for happy hour and came back to work. HR didn't know how to handle conflict properly. Also there's NO training and opportunities for career growth and advancement.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
You have to pay $44 per month for parking, the food sucks
Nice place to be with
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  House keepingFebruary 19, 2019
Work as team to achieve organizational goal, knowing that is not only about us but our guest, putting smiles on there faces an making then feel at home when ever they are with us.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Strandard hotel position with caring staff, management
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Durango, COFebruary 3, 2019
Typical hotel duties with minimum stress (apart from accommodating tour buses in the summer). When I was there, had the pleasure of working with friendly, caring staff members.
Pros
Standard front-desk work
Cons
Low pay, late shifts
no comment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2019
it was okay. the work environment isn't all that great. the overall experience wasn't that great either. I wouldn't recommend anybody working there....
Productive and safe working place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 28, 2019
I would like to start off by saying Wyndham Hotel and Resorts is the best I have ever experienced.it's always clean and organized the Staffing are very professional and genuine to their customers.
Pros
Free Lunch for employees
Cons
Short Breaks
Professional
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 23, 2019
Mission oriented good management consistently helped train and coach employees. Good energy and vibes. Made many friends there as they did a good of hiring right.
Pros
Good spiffs
Cons
Worked weekends
Cut-throat
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 19, 2019
To many friends working with and for friends.The most enjoyable part of my job was the co-wokers. They showed up everyday willing and ready to work regardless of the unfair treatment and unfair wages
Pros
Co-worker became like family
Cons
Poor management
Great company great benefits great ppl
Line Cook/Prep Cook/banquet cook (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 5, 2019
We r union, we get a guaranteed raise every year ,with no cap!!! we get a weeks paid vacation every 4 weeks .we eat for free we get no less then 8 hrs a day. we get a pension..with great insurance for only $80 a month and we make more then double minimum wage just to start ..we have a locker room with showers and clean uniforms ready when we get to work
and we get paid every week and anything over 8 hrs a day is over time BEST job ever !!!!...gonna retire from the Wyndham Grand ...if u we're smart u would join me .
Pros
They take care of you
Cons
Work schedule changes week to week
Great Hotel
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 26, 2018
I really loved working at this hotel. Management changed and the work culture was not the same. Previous management was very focused on the success of the hotel, managers and staff in every department. He was focused on the success of everyone who worked with him, and the success of the hotel.
Pros
convenient location
Cons
poor management
Productive workplace
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIDecember 19, 2018
I loved working at wyndham and i looked forward to going to work everyday. I was excited about the job. I resigned from my position because I was unhappy with my supervisor and his lack of care in handling matters and how he took everything so personal.
Extremely poor management
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXDecember 15, 2018
The management here is the worst I've ever seen. The rooftop supervisor shows blatant favoritism and flirts with/harasses every female employee that works there... unacceptable. Management blames the crew for their mistakes, steals from cash tips, is consistently late to work, lacks basic problem resolving skills, and are in general highly unprofessional. Deplorable work environment.
Enjoyed working for and with the guests
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 12, 2018
Helping and serving the guests was rewarding. Setting a very high standard for excellence in quality of room condition ,common areas, grounds and pool .
Pros
Working with and around people
Cons
Pay, benifits
I enjoyed my Career
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Grayson, KYDecember 12, 2018
I enjoyed working for Wyndham very much I have no problems complaints or concerns to report about this company. You ask for a review that's fine but to force so many words??