WYNDHAM HOTELS AND RESORTS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Guiar mucho campo asustada pero al final llegaba feliz a mi destino
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 22, 2018
Primer trabajo oficial Q tuve en los EE UU llevando con orgullo mi uniforme primer trabajo que me dan la experiencia de trabajar sin saber hablar ingles trate de hacer el mejor trabajo que pude siendo muda Le agradesco haver tenido una experiencia de trabajo sin saber hablar ingles y deje el trabajo por padeser persecucion
Cons
baños con escritos intimidantes paredes sucias
laid back
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 14, 2018
typical day at work would be to come in and cant clock in... have to get manager to clock you in.... easy work laundry and houseman... breakfast on some days
Pros
free smoke break
Cons
payment/ hours
I worke the 11 to 7 overnight shift so I was alone in the laundry room every night
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 9, 2017
It was very quit & peaceful because I worked alone but I like being around people working with people but the job itself was ok just folding laundry all night
micro management that led to bankruptsy
Corporate Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MASeptember 26, 2017
lived on property
constantly on call 4 consecutive months
micro managing Director of Sales
loud, shouting manager
stressful
lunch provided at nominal fee
Pros
lunch provided at nominal fee
Cons
few breaks
Quick-paced, friendly environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLAugust 24, 2017
Everyone is very friendly.
Serious emphasis on time.
Very picky on how things should be done and how they should look when you leave.
The shift is in the middle of the day making it slightly difficult to arrange a second job.
Pros
Work by yourself
Cons
Middle of the day
a Great place to work
Catering sales & Conference Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2017
If your Skilled individual you are valued and paid accordingly. I loved my time with this company. Unfortunately career advancement opportunities is why I left.
Pros
Value
Cons
Career advancement
Road warrior essential
Director of Franchising (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 3, 2017
Five days a week on the road,no direction, discriminating personnel. Be very careful before saying yes. Nor everything preached is by the book. Need to train the VP group.
Great company back in the day
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2016
I worked for this company for over 10 years, transferring from Philadelphia PA to Bellingham, WA to Cleveland OH and lastly to Atlanta GA. They were my introduction to the industry and trained me to be the superb sales professional that I am today. The company was unable to maintain their market share and the brand took a nose dive in the late 90's.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Company lost momentum
Good place to work room for Advantment
Glenview, Bellman/Driver (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILNovember 25, 2015
I enjoyed working with management, employees and Guests. The most enjoyable part was the Guests everyone was happy to stay with us. WE made all the Guests that stayed with us feel at home.
Productive and fun working environment.
Complex Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 30, 2015
Hospitality, fun and a board range of expertise among the management team. The associates are loyal and long term employees.
Pros
Free Parking and Dry Cleaning
Cons
Redmodel and restructure.
micro managed, terrible work-life balance
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2014
micro managed, terrible work-life balance, bad management
Fun workplace however not enough employees.
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 7, 2013
There are not really any typical days in the hospitality industry, each day is different, I enjoy dealing with guest and employees alike. The most difficult part of my job is lack of employees, the most enjoyable is to work with co-workers hand and hand.
Pros
People and owners
Cons
Benefits and advancement
Lively and fun place to work.
Night Auditor/Manager/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 30, 2012
Typical day at work: Greeted and checked guest in and out of the hotel, answered phones and transferred incoming and room to room calls, managed hotel and night staff, audited transactions for the day, balanced credit cards and reset system for the next day made sure all accounts were paid and settled for events and upcoming events. That is were I learned excellent customer service. Management there was very good always helpful making sure I had everything I needed to move up there as I did. My co-workers as a line employee and a manager were great we always had a lot of fun. The hardest part of my job there was having to deal with the customers when we didn’t have a room for them, they were pretty angry to say the least, but I managed to always work it out. The most enjoyable part of my job there was again the customers; it was a corporate hotel so we become very familiar with our customers.
Pros
i was able to meet people from all walks of life.
Cons
not having rooms for people