Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

Found 3,735 reviews matching the search See all 4,197 reviews
Stressful
SERVER, ROOM SERVICRE, CASHIER, HOST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2018
The job was far to understaffed and over worked. Days were slow and a little to no foot traffic was very common. Events were the best due to more foot traffic.
north
Senior Server (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 19, 2018
helping elderly with assisted living ,dealing with sometimes not so nice people,some teamwork there ,alot of individual allocation ,bi weekly pay no benifits
Very political climate that is more personal than professional
In-House Marketing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pagosa Springs, COJuly 19, 2018
I appreciate the experience I received from 9 years with the company, but am looking forward to taking my knowledge to another company that is more professional and accepting.
Pros
compensation
Cons
culture
Loved working around people and tourist that would visit the guest were very friendly and intreresting
Clerk from June 2107 (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 19, 2018
I enjoyed the liner job it was very attentive and competitive and it was fun. Had allot of people I enjoyed meeting that would come to visit Branson they had great attitudes.
Pros
Spiffs was great in the morning if ya made a good sale the day before. Fun
Cons
Commision
Productive and slow pace.
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Northfield, MNJuly 19, 2018
Once arriving check my daily duties. Maintain the rooms, also clean the rooms. Vacuum and keep the floors clean. Handle laundry tasks and provide guest services.
not providing a company review
Director, Global Sales Process & Technology (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 18, 2018
I am not providing a review on the company. This shouldn't be a requirement so you should reconsider having this field as required. Just wanted to provide feedback
Time Share Daily Schedule
Time Share Vacation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJuly 18, 2018
Daily Sales Meetings, greeting and hosting prospective clients, showing of the lovely Hotel Grounds and the Accommodations. Explanation of Vacationing with Time Share verses how clients currently vacation and the monetary savings and great prospective places to travel both in the USA and Abroad.
n/a
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 18, 2018
n/a once again I would not like to state anything about the corporation. I did not have any direct contact with anyone in upper management. Thank you for understanding.
Busy Hotel
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2018
Wyndham was the busiest Hotel I worked in! It taught me my speed and customer service skills the most. The team was excellent and we all work together very well.

We had huge functions going on all summer. it was a great experience working for them in the big city
Pros
worked for a great hotel and got to learn a lot from it.
Cons
no cons it was great
High Compensation for Sales Professionals
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLJuly 18, 2018
Sales Professionals receive all of the benefits. Applicants should understand Wyndham is a Time Share Company - not a Resort Company ~ Emphasis is on Marketing and Sales.
Not a Long Term Position
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Decatur, TXJuly 17, 2018
No benefits, career advancement, raises, etc. Management is poor. Hours vary greatly per week. Have to be flexible to work any hour and subject to being placed "on call." Not a position to hold long term.
Pros
Free breakfast (to an extent)
Cons
Poor wages, management, hours. Lack of benefits.
Challenging but rewarding
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pagosa Springs, CO 81147July 17, 2018
As I said, Challenging but rewarding, great guest & co-workers, family oriented work environment. Typical day involved getting staff organized for the day & dealing with any outstanding challenges, reviewing budget.
Pros
Relationship building
Fun Company to work for
Selling Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2018
Typical high paced work environment with positive motivated individuals looking to help families vacation. Hardest part of the job is managing your mindset and handling the no's.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Draw if your not selling
Productive and fun workplace with donuts on the table
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 17, 2018
It was a fast-paced work environment with jokes going around the office floor. The learning experience was how to work with multiple people with multiple projects and deadlines, in a short time. The managers would give us the opportunity to try new technics to grow in the company.
Pros
productive meetings, donuts, workplace
Cons
short breaks, change of deadlines in projects
Unfair Wages
Receptionist/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2018
Hourly wage is barely enough to support yourself on your own, pay should be increased especially for night auditor. I do enjoy my job, I really just need better wages and room for growth.
I Love Here
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oacoma, SDJuly 16, 2018
Love working here, was an awesome hotel to work. Manager was great. Had the change to advance pretty quickly after my potential was realized. I received a pay raise twice in the same year. Manager was considerate of your personal time when making the schedule. He was a compassionate personal, he carried a serious face at time but very nice.
, Typical day
ASSISTANT MANAGER/FRONT DESK CLERK (Current Employee) –  Manning, SCJuly 15, 2018
A typical day is counting money drawer, cleaning lobby area. Checking in guest and answering phone, Taking reservations over the phone. Making sure guest are comfortable,all needs are met. End of shift report is correct, If working night shift making sure night audit reports are ran and credit cards and cash are correct for that day.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No benefits at all.
Operated the business
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSJuly 12, 2018
I got involved in building the hotel. It gave me the opportunity to seek the best finances by negotiating several financial institutes. Also got involved in with the Architecture and General contractor during the design and construction.
Pros
Pride in starting the business
Cons
very long hours
Baymont Inn and Suites
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Crossville, TNJuly 12, 2018
I just started working here and it is a great place to work. I am just looking for more hours and stable days. I also want to find a place that I can advance and make a career.
Unorganized and under paid place of employment
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSJuly 12, 2018
There is a lack of communication and understanding amongst employees and employer. Do not have access to information, material, or management in time of crisis or to complete job requirement
Pros
Solo/ Independent work environment
Cons
no benefits, pay raise, or set shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.1K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight