Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

51.3K
41.1K
Found 3,631 reviews matching the search See all 4,082 reviews
Vacation ownership sales
Vacation Ownership Tours and Sales (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIMay 21, 2018
The company isn't as professional as it states it is.

A private conversation took place with employees and the company took a bias approach to handle it.

The training program that teaches you there sales approach is different.

If you are interested in saving your billions.

You can see the amount they start there time share travel packages at for purchase at 100 grand and ultimately sell them for $13,000.00. TRUTH, uneducated buyers spend absurd amounts of money, there highly taken advantage of.

be careful.
Pros
you get to work in a nice place
Cons
you must be very agressive to get a sale today, the sale is today only
Fun different place to work
Frontline Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMay 21, 2018
Long days of waiting but rewarding sales job overall. Cut throat sales environment, with lots of consistent changes. Management is inconsistent with training.
Started great
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2018
When I first started it was a great job with benefits. After my first year they got a new manager and the work environment became hard to work in because of his racial preference to white individuals.
Good co. good pay.
IN HOUSE SALES REPRRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLMay 20, 2018
Highly paid for successful sales results, but they also tend to drive you into the ground to get the numbers they want. Lots of Sales Mgr. turnover, with each a different style/requirements. This made it frustrating at times.
Worse Place To Process
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 20, 2018
The loan officers are often not seasoned which creates an emergency on almost every file. There are meetings daily and weekly that promise better and never does anything to improve working conditions. Overtime is mandatory. This is a very stressful work environment. Management is obvious and which is amazing considering the high turn over rate.
Poor management, no training
food service (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 20, 2018
Lots of favoritism here. Several employees are related to supervisors which causes a lot of the favoritism. Assistant GM has 2 children working here. Chef is married to a supervisor. Service Manager has mom working here....you get the picture?
Pros
great coworkers, customers
Cons
favoritism, poor management
No room to grow
Hospitality Specialist/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMay 19, 2018
I enjoy the culture of the hotel industry. The reason I have stayed at this particular Hotel is because I have an amazing manager however there isn't any benefits or room for advancement and the pay is incredibly low there is no benefits such as Medical Dental and no paid vacation.
Pros
A amazing manager
Cons
Horrible inexperienced supervisor, lack of incentives, no benefits
Great starting point
Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 18, 2018
As a experienced travel professional, small potato's in the travel world. Cubical job with not so great hours that never get changed. No where to move for upwards growth. Management needs lots of help. In-depth GDS Apollo system training and product knowledge for destinations is where is company excels.
Awesome!
Telesales Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 18, 2018
Awesome place to work! Great people and friendly atmosphere! You're winning with Wyndham! They take care of their agents. Working in Outbound is fun!!
A nice place to work
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAMay 17, 2018
I mainly worked the morning shift on weekend which consisted of 12 hour shifts. I would sent out breakfast and I cleaned the lobby. During the week I worked the evening shift which allowed plenty of time to do homework. The hardest part of the job was knowing that their was no room for advancement.

Want to know more about Wyndham Vacation Ownership?

Ask a question
Culture of bullying
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Estes Park, COMay 17, 2018
I gave it a 1 star rating because there is no option to say minus 10!

If you want the authoritarian approach by management this is the place for you.

If you have minimal education and thrive in a militaristic authoritarian environment - this is definitely the place for you.

If you do not want to think but wish to simply follow orders - this is the place for you.
Benefits
Cons
Bullying, education is not required, valued, or respected
ok place
Maintenance/ Housekeeping Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 17, 2018
Excellent company overall, treated employees and customers well. Abundance of locations, nice place to work each day, friendly staff who encouraged learning for success.
Fun
Office Manager/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAMay 16, 2018
Loved working here staff are great. They ae willing to help you if needed. They are willing to work around your schedule. Just a great job to have.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
It was an enjoyable place to work
Revenue Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 16, 2018
Monitoring the room rates and the occupancy of the hotel to make the necessary adjustments to the room pricing. I learned how to create room blocks, set rates, and balance the books. The management staff cared about the associates.
Pros
I was not micro managed.
Cons
There was very high turnover
garbage
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAMay 16, 2018
horrible place to work everything was bad employees hours condition of the workplace the environment that is crated and the compensationg is way underpayed
Great company
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  NVMay 16, 2018
Wyndham Vacation Ownership is a great company with great benefits, however at the resort level the work/life balance can lean more toward the work side.
Selling a lifetime dream vacation
Timeshare Sales (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 16, 2018
My typical day at work is taking two tours a day. I have two hours to introduce our product and give them a sense of urgency to purchase their dream vacation ownership after my presentation. It is a challenging sales job because 99% of customers are there for the pricey gifts and not to purchase. My experience in vacation ownership has taught me how to manage and deal with difficult and demanding clients. Relationship management is the key to success and this experience has showed me the importance of nurturing client relationships.
Front Desk Supervisor
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 15, 2018
Had a lot of responsibilities. Was at the same pay rate for several years. No insurance or paid vacation available. Manager was nice but was not professional in the field.
Sales Department is very busy.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 14, 2018
You need to possess the ability to multi task. I had great co workers while I completed my time at the Wyndham. I may say once the hotel was brought from different owners. They hired within their culture most of us were fired.
Pros
discounted rates when booking a hotel room.
Cons
little pay
Vanilla Capitalists
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 14, 2018
As a Customer Service Representative, I need updated information on the products I support. The databases for information about the resorts I was selling missed some vital information and was not updated the entire time I worked there, and management didn't seem to care. A CSR should have all the necessary information within easy access while attending to the needs of the caller. Instead, I often had to check 4 or 5 different sources and even had to call the resorts to ask them for information while conversing with callers. I cannot fathom how keeping their information about the very product we are selling would be difficult or even expensive. This, in and of itself, shows a deep corporate culture of lazy unproffesionalism that I came to despise about this place. In my opinion, this company is a good example of how the "bottom line only" approach to capitalism has gone so far as to be self-obstructive.
However, Wyndham does have decent compensation packages, generous holiday time, and cool discounts.
Benefits
Cons
disorganized chaos

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight