Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

Found 3,837 reviews matching the search See all 4,314 reviews
closed there doors
Front Desk Manager/Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PASeptember 21, 2018
the owners closed there doors without warning and never paid there employees. the electric company shut off there power, the liquor store would not accept there checks because they bounced
I enjoyed working in my entry level position as this was my first hotel experiences.
Catering / Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Learning the job as an Administrative Assistant gave me an overall view of how the hotel is run and makes a profit. Helped the clients to add on audio visual equipment, flowers for registration tables and last minute items. I enjoyed creating the Banquet Event Orders that outlined meeting space and order of the food to be served.
Pros
Working and communicating with all departments to complete a program.
Cons
Working extra hours to make the client happy.
Great workplace environment, just not enough pay to sustain a family.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LASeptember 19, 2018
The job was fast paced with flexible work hours. The job just didn't pay enough to financially support a family. I enjoyed my time with the company and would recommend the job to a young person just getting out into the work force. I learned crisis management in a fast paced world.
nice place to work
FRONT DESK CLERK/MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 18, 2018
I enjoyed working for Wyndham Vacation Ownership. It was my first hospitality job and it was a great experience. It was fun and everyone worked well together which made for a good day.
Hate housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYSeptember 18, 2018
I was under constant scrutiny and never given adequate time to adjust and better myself. I had a class coming up and they refused to work my schedule around it even though they said they would.
Cons
Good people that work hard and have fun
ACCOUNTING CLERK III (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 18, 2018
The accounting department supports resorts with financial accounting, month end reporting and answering various financial questions. Management is hands on to support accountants and resorts.
Pros
generous vacation, sick and holiday, competitive compensation
Work
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNSeptember 17, 2018
It was very relaxed and flexible. The Manager was down the earth and as long as we got our job done he let us go. There was also over time that was offered.
not the best place to work but had some free perks
ground keeper (Former Employee) –  Chubbuck, IDSeptember 17, 2018
typical day consisted of mowing the lawn and or cutting down trees as needed. also consist of setting up banquets and tearing down tables. afterwards would wash all dishes until finished but no overtime was given.
Pros
short hours longer summer
Cons
no overtime or perks included in job
Loved Clearwater Beach!
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLSeptember 16, 2018
Wyndham Has a great Program. Very Well Managed , Great Location and benefits. Meet some great people, My first tour bought a 52k Package! Had to leave to take care of a Health issue!
Pros
Good Benifits, Good Location! Good People!
Cons
Had to work alot of double shifts..
It sucks
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Port Wentworth, GASeptember 15, 2018
Management sucks! They are very rude. They talk to you very disrespectful and think they can say what they want with no disregard for your feelings. Geesh!
Toxic workplace
Legal Sales Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2018
Stressful work environment with little opportunity to advance. Leadership has no experience in many of the departments making the evaluations subjective. Communication is poor until they need to assign blame.
It’s ok if you’re a Vacation Planner
Tier 3 customer service (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 14, 2018
If you are a Vacation Planner it is not bad, the bonuses allow you to make pretty good money. However, if you move up in the company you are screwed. You lose the ability to bonus for a minimal promise of high $/hr rate, personally I lost a pretty penny each year by moving up, and I moved up from a tier 1 position to a tier 3 position. If you do move up it becomes a dog eat dog world where everyone (mgmt included) is just waiting for the right moment to stab you in the back so they can either advance themselves, or advance who ever brown noses the most. Management is never on the same page, no one ever knows what is going on, and you can get 4 different conflicting answers from each supervisor.
Pros
Discounts in Branson
Cons
No one knows what the discounts are, or when you can or can’t use them...
quiet place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Forsyth, GASeptember 14, 2018
neither one of the managers like me there. my work was never good enough for them. they both constantly watched or hovered over me while I worked. I was not trusted. the manager who lived on the property would call the front desk every time a customer entered a tell my to hike up the price if the customer wanted a room. I was poorly trained and when I made an error due to the fact that I did not know what to do in that situation, I would be fussed at or my hours reduced. no one else received the treatment that I was given.
Pros
Cons
indian owners
productive work place
Housekeeping Administration (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Good work place good co workers, good break times and great parking lot, is located in a convenience location and great salary for management employees.
Hotel work
Front Desk Clerk/ Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSSeptember 13, 2018
Enjoyed meeting new people. Taking care of customer needs/ complaints. Check guest in and out of the system. Also, handle all money transactions, cash or credit card.
boring job
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Hernando, MSSeptember 12, 2018
no place to work if you are trying to get ahead in life. no benefits no paid vacations low pay very few hours to cover a shift.. only worked there because I had no other means of supporting my family at the time...
hotel
FRONT DESK CLERK (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2018
the hotel was fun to work at. i got about 40 hours a week and i did the laundry when it was slow. it wasn't bad. i wish it had better security though.
too long ago
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MISeptember 10, 2018
this job was a long time a go and it was just a stating point. I just got of the army and i was not very happy with this job.I was to young and i did not know what i wanted at the time.
Pros
they gave to a chance
Cons
i was to young
Very good for what it was
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHSeptember 10, 2018
Owners are very nice, understanding and willing to step in to help whenever possible. pay isn't great (minimum wage) but if thats fine with you, then go for it.
Pros
good work enviorment
Cons
pay
okay
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 8, 2018
Basic call center, Can be great money. The pay will sometimes change suddenly. Its cut throat, Can be fun and fast paced, Can advance easily. Discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.2K

Diversity score

74out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Wyndham Vacation Ownership.

Powered by Comparably