Wyndham Vacation Ownership Employee Reviews

Cohesive work environment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAMarch 18, 2018
The best part of working for Wyndham is the people that work with you, We have a great team. I enjoyed working during the day with guest and always felt like a valued person here. Management always made us feel like we would have more room to advance but I feel like that is only the case for certain people.
Pros
Discounts on hotel rooms
Cons
Favortism
Great place to start a career
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 17, 2018
Good positive energy. Good advancement opportunities for entry level employees. Diverse culture at the entry to mid level positions. Very large at home work environment.
Employment History
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MIMarch 16, 2018
Cleaning of guest rooms in a timely and efficient manner. Dusting, mopping, vacuuming, changing linens, making beds, restocking supplies and ensuring rooms are cleaned to standard as expected.
Worked
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMarch 16, 2018
I enjoyed meeting the people at this establishment. I started out on entry level and worked my way to making it run smooth. I accomplished that and more.
okay place to work
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 16, 2018
lack of career advancement, and not paid fairly for the amount of work that was put in. time management was poor and felt i could have achieved more out.
This place sucks and so does manangement
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILMarch 15, 2018
If I could of gave a zero I would have this place sucks management has one person that causes drama everyday she can talk to anyone how she wants and still has a job . Then coming to management not anyone of them know what it means accommodating to certain people is bs RULES ARE RULES they shouldn't be bent for anyone that shows favouritism
Opportunity to work in different areas of this business
Community Marketing Agent/ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLMarch 15, 2018
Initially I trained at the sale of timeshare properties during the peak season. This taught me to work with different personalities and be flexible with my schedule. Then, during the winter months, I moved into the marketing side of the business where it was my responsibility to go out into the field and book tours.
Pros
new skills in customer service.
Cons
Their requirements were ethically questionable.
good flexible hours willing to work with you .
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMarch 15, 2018
The day would be easy day being you know housekeeping and like to get exercise on a daily basis . also being able to get hours if you needed . management is awesome . workplace is a acceptable area to work in and around.the only hard part is the transfer of the linen you have yo use baskets n carry them up n down stairs.the most Enjoyable is when you are finished with your board . every other Friday lunch is on them.
Pros
easy going and flexible
Cons
no healthcare available
Worst Job I have ever Had
Assistant Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAMarch 13, 2018
This is absolutely the worst job I have ever had. The general manager was the most underhanded, lying cut throat, dishonest human being I have ever met. His lack of any sort of empathy or care for the staff or actually anything other than himself was deplorable!
Pros
Absolutely NONE!!!!
Cons
Wyndham
Loved my Wyndham
Activities Associate (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 13, 2018
What a great place to work because they really look out for their employees. Many benefits but along with events and activities. Fun days and people and they advance from within a lot as well
Sounds cool but isnt
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE TRAVEL (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 13, 2018
Should be far more evolved as a company for it's age. But still struggles as if it opened yesterday. Travel is fun this place is not. If you have any drive to see things done efficiently, well, or fairly this is not the place for you.
A nightmare
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTMarch 13, 2018
Very poor and inexperienced management. A lot of alcohol and drug use, most of the staff at odds with eachother. If you have any level of integtity...I would suggest not working there...you'll be the odd one out.
Great hotel. TERRIBLE management
Front Desk agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington, WAMarch 12, 2018
I loved my job! But the assistant general manager, that is to be the person of interest in a any type of situation, was constantly inadequate for her position. That place DESERVES a better manager and that place is going to fall apart because of said manager. Not a great place to work because of her.
Friendly enviorment
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 11, 2018
My experience at this place was exceptional. I learned many useful things related to maintenance and working in that field. Management was really friendly ,supportive and was on top of everything.
good experience
Housekeeper/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHMarch 11, 2018
Your typical hotel with regular amenities include. I learned the basics of cleaning the hotel, health and safety hazards. They have standard security that drives around and also it's located in a calming atmosphere.
Pros
Flexibility in hours
Cons
Housekeepers are on-call7
Night Audit Front Desk
Front Desk Night Auditor Job (Former Employee) –  Palmdale CAMarch 11, 2018
I enjoyed my job it was like my job like my second home and clean environment. I'm just thankful for the time I was at this job because I learned for what I know now even though we learn more everyday.
friendly work place
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHMarch 11, 2018
relaxed place to work. management was very acommadating and friendly. I enjoyed working with the public. and learning about all the exciting places they were from
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
no advancement available
good learning
HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2018
very good quality of service. intense work i learned at lot from housekeeper to supervisor housekeeping.where they gave me the opportunity to work ocassionally as a manager.
Pros
excellent schooll of work
Cons
no benefits
great place to work at just need new management
Maintanance tec 2 (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOMarch 10, 2018
the people are awesome and fun to work with but all the managers do not know how the work field is and they do not care about there employees if I had better managers I would have never left
Pros
non
Cons
bad management
fun place to work
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 10, 2018
great people and great company, lots of help while in training and once out on the floor managers go out there way to help you learn job functions to be successful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.1K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

5.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.