Wynright Corporation Employee Reviews

the hardest part of the job
Robotics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 13, 2018
The hardest part of the job was trying to get communication from management so I could know when I was traveling. There was always a 2 day notice right before I had to travel which was really bad and didn't give me much time for anything.
Strict Policies to follow and lots of lay-offs
Software Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 23, 2018
Wynright had good health benefits but they also had a lot of lay-offs. They paid salary, but worked you over 45 hours every week. There were times I worked 75 hours. Management is mostly critical and not big of positive feedback. Overall, I would say it was not a rewarding job, but it helped me improve my SQL query skills.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
lots of lay-offs, too many hours
Productive day
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILApril 20, 2018
My typical day would consist of data entry. Some days I would answer the phone as a receptionist and then go to data entry. I would also shred old files and helped clean out an area of the shop. The job itself was not all that hard.
Currently Struggling
Sr. Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2018
Company has a promising future if they could figure out where they want to fit into the market and then put a plan in place to achieve that. Right now, they are struggling with not having the proper people in the correct roles and suffer from poorly defined operation plans and responsibility assignments.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
More stress than should be due to lack of planning and communication.
Small division of a large Japanese company.
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMarch 6, 2018
Reduction in force (layoff) without warning. A big negative. Outside of that, professional relaxed environment. Supervisor was hands on and easy to work with.
Pros
Work enviroment not rigid.
Cons
Layoffs.
Roboitcs
Electrical Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2018
Started in this company so I could learn to program and control many aspects of robot work environments. This did not happen. I therefore left the company for other interest. .
Excellent work environment, fun group, and good advancement.
Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILJanuary 9, 2018
Excellent work environment, fun group, and good advancement. I enjoyed the more relaxed and freedom this company gives their employees. Great place to advance.
Good Place to work
Standards Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, IL 60453November 20, 2017
Good company to work for. Would recommend.
Nice friendly co-workers.
Helpful people willing to train and teach.
Honest managers, easy to work for.
Reduction in workforce
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 13, 2017
Despite efforts to maintain my importance in the company, there has been stagnant revenue growth thus causing a major reduction in the workforce in many areas; however, there remains opportunity for other cost centers within the company.
Ok place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2017
Hard to get needed information from middle management.
too many cooks in the kitchen, company benefits are fair. typical corporation, when production is good bonuses are low.
Pros
Cons
poor management
Good benefits but lots of uncertainty.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 1, 2017
I wanted to stay with the company for a long time. They have good compensation, great benefits, a good work/life balance. However, they are currently going through massive layoffs and many high ranking managers are resigning. There is a lot of uncertainty about whether or not this company is going to make it.
Pros
Great benefits, great compensation, good work/life balance
Cons
Uncertainty about the future of the company
Productive and fun place
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, New HampshireOctober 23, 2017
People are really nice there. It is not too stressful, you can enjoy the balance between work and life. My manager and other colleges are friendly and helpful, you can learn a lot working there.
Nice introduction to work force
Intern (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 1, 2017
It was my first job, I worked as an intern, it was an interesting perspective into the average office. I enjoyed the couple months I worked there. I was mainly shadowing my dad.
Growing Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 15, 2017
While I worked for this company I was able to learn a lot from my coworkers and expand my skill set. This ability set me up for future growth as a Project Manager
small shop big robots
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 4, 2017
get in and weld
do ones best everyday
watch robots come to life
small work place very united work place
everyone is on the same team working to produce robots in a timely manner
Pros
flexible hours
Interesting place to work
Design (Former Employee) –  KYOctober 28, 2016
Job Culture.
Often you are tasked with very tight budgets to complete all work. The working environment is pleasant most of the time as everyone has their schedules to maintain. Dont expect much support from co workers because their most of them have egos that will get in the way of attitudes.
Management.
The people who operate in this capacity most of the time will NOT offer much instruction so what whatever you need to complete your assignments you are on your own.
Job Security.
The prima donnas that work at this place are very talented at what they do as they have respectable tenures. The mid range skill set better create other resources to assist if you lack any of the required skilk sets.
Pros
not much
Cons
it seems they cater to the prima donnas
You are rewarded for your efforts
Fabrication manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn ILOctober 28, 2016
I worked for Automotion for 13 years and enjoyed the culture and fellow employees everyday. The company recognizes your efforts and has an open door policy.
No Advancement opportunities
Field Technician/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 11, 2015
very slow paced, unproductive and overall....if you did not have an engineering degree, as a labor worker you were looked down upon.
Pros
learned few new things
Cons
compensation
Fairly good company
Project Engineer/Project Execution Team (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 9, 2015
Wynright is a fairly good company to work for, however the managers were unable or unwilling to work with remote staff. Encouraging internal competition had a detrimental affect on on-boarding new employees.
Growing company struggling to keep up with the demands of a corporate take over
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 3, 2014
manage accounts and vendor communication for several company locations.
Learned to quickly adapt to many different custom made software programs.
Successful meet dead lines with high volume of work.
My team of coworkers make going to work a pleasure even in a fast paced environment.
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with daily changes in procedures while becoming JSOX compliant after the company was purchased.
I enjoy just sense of accomplishment for a job well done and completed on time, regardless of the obstacles that occured.