Wyzant Employee Reviews

So-so
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2018
When they have tutors set their profiles, they ask what part of town they would like to work in, yet when tutoring requests come through I still get ones that are almost 20-30 miles away! And I often get potential clients that have not completed their profiles or who do not send complete messages about what they are specifically looking for.
Pros
Can work at your own pace
Cons
Slow response time
Permanently banned for no reason
Tutor (Former Employee) –  HoustonOctober 8, 2018
I had a few students with Wyzant almost four years ago. One student suddenly decided to go against my policy and demand that I meet him with one hours' notice. When I declined, he reported me and accused me of missing a scheduled meeting and I was permanently banned with no investigation. I have tried to apply twice since and was allowed to spend several hours creating my profile before being automatically deleted. I have worked professionally with a private tutoring company for a year and have had a year and a half experience instructing a lab at a university since, both with an easily verifiable complete absence of negative feedback, and yet I am never allowed back on the platform again. This is absolutely absurd and among the many other reasons you shouldn't consider "working" for Wyzant.
Pros
Make good money until someone abuses the system
Cons
Everything else
This is a Cetified Tutor position
Certified Tutor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2018
Management was very supportive and concise. Ratio of assigned work was accommodating and precise. My students were allocated in a professional manner and their outline of issues was clear and appreciated.
Flexible hours with excellent tech support
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 6, 2018
WyZant has a great website that helps you create your own business. Clients are always real and have been supported by family and ready to learn. I would definitely recommend for part time, flexible work.
just a database to connect clients to tutors
Private tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2018
Nothing more to say on this employer, you have to pass a series of test to get approved to tutor certain fields then you are on your own. It was a good gig while being in college but that's about it.
It is an excellent organization to work for.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 28, 2018
I am pleased with the organization. Whenever I need any assistance they have been quite helpful. Their advise has been very efficient whenever I need any assistance and questions.
Flexible Work to fit your schedule
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 26, 2018
Take on the students you want, when you want. So long as you provide quality tutoring the requests will keep coming. Only annoying thing is the reviews for each lesson that you have to fill out.
If you need extra cash, do it.
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2018
This is a good way of earning extra income. The only downfall is that you are considered self-employed. Which means that you must manage and pay your own taxes.
Good Flex Job
Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
Great people to tutor with. I would highly recommend them if you are looking for part time work. They are serious about the quality of tutors they hire.
Highly flexible schedule and wage
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 4, 2018
WyzAnt was a great option for me because of the flexibility. I enjoyed meeting and getting to know new clients and getting to teach them one-on-one about different math subjects.
You make the most of your tutoring experience on Wyzant
Self-employed Tutor (Current Employee) –  Darien, CTAugust 1, 2018
As a self-employed tutor, Wyzant gives you the resources and network to reach more students in your area. Everything else, though, is up to you. You set your rate and decide how many students you want to take on. Most of my students were temporary jobs that lasted a few weeks or months, but I'm sure there are recurring jobs that you can find. The only downside for using Wyzant is that they take a significant portion of your commission at the start. You can even it out by charging a bit more, which seems to be the market staple on the website (i.e. rates are relatively steep, but people are willing to pay for them).
Good once you get your name out there
Math and Chemistry tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
Its good once you get your name out there. however they take a very large portion of your earnings and its also very difficult to find people to tutor once you begin.
Good way to start tutoring
French tutor (Current Employee) –  Northern New JerseyJuly 21, 2018
It is hard to get paid for your work as much as is fair. However, they are good at finding clients for you. I liked the variety of clients I've had. Wyzant located customers for me at nearby locations for me, in Bergen County and Passaic County, New Jersey.
Fun workplace
French Tutor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is you do your own schedule. You meet student from different level. It is a fun job if you want to make some money on the side.
Pros
you meet people from different cultures
Cons
Good work place with opportunity to help others.
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaJuly 10, 2018
Wyzant is a good place to work for extra money and help young people do better in their classes. I tend to tutor the 'heavy-duty' classes that give high school kids lots of trouble.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Times of little work
Usually pretty solid work
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 26, 2018
Wyzant takes a bit of a good chunk of earnings, but it is convenient using their site for safety and security. Overall a good work experience, would recommend to most.
WyzAnt experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJune 23, 2018
My experience was very good, you can make your own hours. However, some clients may cancels on arrival, then tutor may lose pay. It is not stable job, it is good for students or as an additional income.
Good company to work for.
TEST PREP INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2018
Generally a no problem company. You are as good as you are. They don't trouble employees. You can choose your schedule. There is transparency. Overall quite good.
Pros
Problem free work environment.
Cons
None in particular.
Wyzant Tutoring
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 21, 2018
Potential tutors are shown to students seeking tutors. A great company to work for and I have used them for my own family. Tutors can meet students at their home or the Library, etc.
Successful ELA Tutor
Tutoring (Current Employee) –  Theentire United StatesJune 20, 2018
WyzAnt is a remote company that sends potential students from kindergarten through college to an email address. It is at my discretion whether or not I choose to work with a student.

WyzAnt has expanded opportunities to work remotely. Currently, on their website I show up as a tutor earning $70/hour. Again, I am free to adjust my hourly rates.
Pros
Set my own work hours
Cons
No benefits as a freelance tutor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyzant. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about