WyzAnt Employee Review

Great avenue to supplement income
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 20, 2013
I started with Wyzant about a year ago. I initially found them in an effort to supplement my income. I like having the direct deposit, and everything is very well organized on their website. Of course they take a percentage of your hourly rate, but that is quite understandable considering that they provide the venue to find new clients. In less than a year, I was able to increase my percent take back to 75% which is pretty great, considering it was a second job.

Now they are starting to offer online tutoring, which I also think is a great idea, because it will allow me to use my time more effectively and tutor right out of my own home.

What I enjoy the most, is that I improving other's education and teaching them new things that they might not have had the chance to do in school. Moreover, it also helps me improve my own skills that I probably wouldn't have been able to do otherwise, because the best way that you learn is by teaching others.

I've never had any issues finding new students, so all in all, I don't really have a bad thing to say about my experience with them.
Flexible work schedule, great pay

Other WyzAnt Employee Reviews

Great organization to work for; friendly and helpfull.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2018
I tutor various levels of nursing students (RNs and LPNs). It can be challenging at times, but when the student understands a concept and the 'light' goes on, it brings me pure pleasure.
WyzAnt is really a middle man, that allows me to tutor and pay them a finders fee.
nice part-time work
tutor (Current Employee) –  variousFebruary 26, 2018
The job was great for a temporary, part-time position. I drove to various homes and worked with all ages of students. Most parents were very grateful to have someone working with their kids.
I had to drive to far to my clients after I moved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WyzAnt. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

Personal Development

Career Opportunities

Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight