WyzAnt Employee Review

Not Recommended for Tutors
Tutor (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 4, 2014
As a tutor, I thought that the website was a great way to find students and everything seemed very hassle free. However, it was important to me that I meet my students prior to the first lesson and Wyzant did not support that. They request for a payment by the student prior to setting up an introductory meeting, and I felt that if you are paying so much for a tutor, it is essential to be able to hold an introductory meeting prior to sign up. However, that is against their policy.

Furthermore, Wyzant expected for me, the tutor, to request for a payment from my student, and I feel that they could work to improve on this. I signed up for the website because I was okay with them taking 40% of my paycheck but I expected to not have to deal with the business aspect of tutoring.

Lastly, one of the pluses of Wyzant is that they ensure the qualifications and background check of their tutors, but Wyzant needs to improve on ensuring the legitimacy of their customers. I was always very concerned about my safety because I wasn't sure whether or not the student requests were legitimate. I have had to ask to meet students at the library because I was too scared to meet them at their house. Some parents were appreciative of this, but some parents were upset and refused to hire me because of this request.
Pros
Helps tutors find students
Cons
Took too much commission. Termination with just cause.

Other WyzAnt Employee Reviews

Great way to tutor.
Private Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 15, 2018
I always loved tutoring with Wyzant. I was able to work with students and parents not only on a schedule that worked for me while I was in college but also on subjects I really loved teaching.
Not bad for extra money
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 13, 2018
pretty good extra money, depending on your rate/time of year work can be busy, usually tutored 3-5 hours a week, most of the time you'll get inquiries from students but they'll stop following up, can be frustrating/may need to also signup for additional tutoring websites to get enough clientele