WyzAnt Employee Review

A Joy
Tutor for American Sign Language (ASL) (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 12, 2013
Its been a pleasure working with this company. Only thing I don't like is that they keep a percentage of my money.
Pros
helping people
Cons
the pay

Other WyzAnt Employee Reviews

Great Place to Tutor
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 3, 2018
I have been tutoring on Wyzant for about two months, and so far I have had a very positive experience. I received two student requests before I had even tutored a single hour, and the more hours I tutor and more positive ratings I receive, the more requests I get. I have begun to think I might be able to earn a full-time living from Wyzant.

The part I like best about tutoring on Wyzant is the independence. I choose my own hourly rate, when I tutor and the content of my tutor page. The one time I had an issue with a student, Wyzant customer service was great. Other than that they stay out of your way. I have noticed in looking for other tutor jobs that many places decide how much to pay you, and there seems to be less choice in what students you get. At Wyzant you can both apply for job openings and receive requests directly from students.

Another thing I like about Wyzant is the incentives are aligned between tutor and company. The more hours I tutor, and the higher my tutoring fee, the more money Wyzant makes. Therefore, they want me to succeed, just as I want their company to succeed. The better Wyzant's reputation, the more students will use it.

Trying to make a living as an independent tutor is not easy. It requires a lot of hustle, and also it demands a willingness to learn new skills and acquire greater knowledge. I learn a lot from each student I tutor, and that learning makes me better for the next student.

Overall, I really have no criticism of Wyzant. I see some people dislike that they keep 40% of the fee to start, but that is only for the first 20 hours.
  more... Ultimately, you can keep 80% of your fee, and the amount you charge is up to you. Considering they find all the students and handle the advertising and bill collection, it seems a pretty good deal, especially for someone new to tutoring.  less
Pros
Independence
Cons
Requires a lot of hard work to earn a living
Great option for tutors
Language tutor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 28, 2018
Very regulated and safe environment for the tutors to find business online, connects tutors with tons of options for finding students and conducting business.