XAct TeleSolutions Employee Reviews

Phone Calls
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Unity, MEMarch 6, 2018
A typical day at work included setting up paper and pens for documentation, answering phone calls and completing tasks.
I learned customer service and the ability to transfer tickets effectively. It was a very straight-forward and honest job.
Pros
Very good about breaks, paid time off
Relaxed place to work.
Customer Service Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDFebruary 1, 2018
We really didn't know who was in charge as we were working remotely. There was no training and we were on our own. There was no compensation for any charges incurred for working remotely.
call center worker
coustomer service rep (Former Employee) –  Unity, MEJanuary 11, 2018
I took calls on the call center line for 3 different campaigns that they had one for a hospital and was for a school and another one for home stuff. I liked the work I did but I did not like the hours and I couldn't get them to change my hours for me.
Comfortable Work Enviornment
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Unity, MEJuly 13, 2017
The work environment is comfortable. Pace is well balanced, consideration on one call resolution is appreciated. Good place to work with consistent clients.
Customer service
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Unity, MEJuly 7, 2017
XACT is a customer service company that is hired by other company's to be there customer service representatives. XACT was a good company to work for, however some of their accounts were a little suspect in their practices.
good work from home job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLDecember 21, 2016
good work from home job and not to stressful call flow but no upward mobility/advancement and no incentives/pay growth. Managers and Supervisors were the best ever!
Pros
great managers/supervisors and working from home
Cons
no upward mobility/advancement and no incentives/pay growth
Not good to their clients
Call Center CSR (Former Employee) –  Home BasedJune 15, 2016
We mostly just answered after hour calls for hotels. Most hotels don't like to call back or answer calls or pages so you sit there running through the same numbers for hours. Even had to stay late a few hours one night just to find out the guy wouldn't answer because he let the couple in right after they called us. Couldn't pick up just once to say that. The few clients we had from a previous company left because the other people who answer calls weren't even in our country and were very rude to them. The only enjoyable part of this job was we worked from home.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Tedious no answers, crazy hotel calls, angry client calls, and co-workers who barely know english
Great people to work with
Enrollment Coach (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 11, 2016
Management was great. Co-workers were very helpful. I learned to be more independent to learn the ins and outs because I worked remotely.
A fun fast paced place to work with the opportunity to work from home.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Unity, MEOctober 20, 2015
Management is flexible and communicates well. You can work on multiple incoming or outgoing phone calls. Scheduling is efficient and flexible.
Supportive work team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Unity, MEOctober 15, 2015
Answering phones, dispatching or providing necessary information. Documenting and following up on calls. Throughout my time here I learned how to multi task, very well. On average there are 5 or more applications that are to be used at the same time, and dual screens. I had a wonderful management team, as well as co-workers, this company is like a family.
fine
Customer Service Representative/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  Unity, MESeptember 8, 2015
fine place to work in the middle of town.Not a lot of people in the office - worked there for a long time. Able to give flexibility if needed
very nice work place, fun and professional.
Enrollment Coach (Current Employee) –  Unity MaineSeptember 4, 2015
I loved working here working for Excelsior College through XACT was a great experience and I hate to leave. I wish that they did not have to lay us off. I learned lots of new things and made people happy that is the best job ever. Making people happy and doing what others like is a good thing to do.
Work place
At-Home Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2015
They don't appreciate their employees, which is sad. I think that they talk down to their employees and then fire them for having an opinion.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Rude management
Productive and Fun Work Enviroment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Unity, MEJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day at work was very busy, Between handling inbound calls, and during available time, making automatic outbound calls.

My management was great, and really wanted to help us to make us successfull.

My coworkers were great and everyone got along.

The hardest part about the job, was really nothing actually, everything was pretty easy.

The most enjoyable part about the job was talking to so many different kinds of people and listening to their life stories on the phone.
Pros
Free coffee, Free snacks.
Cons
None.
Work around your schedule but controlled pay rates and hard to advance.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Unity, MEJuly 25, 2013
Equality is the state of being equal, whether it is in quantity, degree, value, rank, or ability. I am writing this because I did not see equality due to the new pay system being implemented, which is based on equality. There are two things that cause this new system not to work well. Those two things are agent call volume soft caps and being paid on a system based on levels.
The company is hired by several companies to do their Customer Service. Each account you are trained on accumulates points based on how much training is needed. After reaching a certain amount of points, you are given a raise. Example, most accounts give you 1 point and very few give you 10+ points. After reaching about 15 points, you go up a pay rate averaging about 10 cents. Therefore, you might be trained on 10 or more accounts and not reach a new pay rate or you can be trained on a big one and go up a level.
The soft cap I am referring to is the maximum number of calls an agent per day or time frame. Theoretically, there is a soft cap on the number of calls that an agent can take a day where they will take calls non-stop without breaks in between calls. This cap is determined by the accounts the agent takes and each individual accounts call volume. Once this cap has been reached, that agent can only take on a few more calls if any. Why would that agent be chosen for training over another agent that is sitting around with time in their hands? Since agents are not getting paid per skill but rather by level, they choose whether or not to train an agent and have them cross over to the next skill level/pay
  more... increase. It seemed to be that they would rather train another agent with less call volume or one that has not reached that "soft cap" rather than one needed to cross over into a new pay rate or with better productivity who already reached that cap. Once caps have been reached by all agents, they will simply have to hire new ones because simply training agents that are already capped will not cover the call volume increase from any new accounts.
Therefore, to go up a skill level is not going to happen if you have reached your soft cap regardless of your productivity or seniority.
The problem with a level based system is that you can remain at the same pay for several years even if the economy inflates. Another point is that if an account leaves, you must make up the training hours with another account and if you drop enough points, you will lose pay rather than go up. Yes, there is a different rate for those in the same level who have been with the company longer than those starting, but the difference between someone starting and someone who has been with company for 9+ years with both having the same levels is only an average of about .53 cents. In order to reach max pay you need to be trained in over 70 accounts and that will never happen if you are capped.
In conclusion, those who are starting off are being paid only a few quarters difference from those who have been with the company for several years. Instead of being compensated for hard efforts in the past, agents are being depreciated. Instead of receiving raises that agents have been patiently waiting for several months, even years for some of the seniors, they are deciding to lower our pay. We now have to work the same amount of time and effort and be paid much less. Having the opportunity to even get high pay rates are very slim to none since most seniors have already reached their soft caps. I understand that not everyone is equal in ability, skill, or other aspects, but everyone should have that opportunity of equality. By their being a soft cap and pay rates based on skill levels, there is inequality for everyone, especially the senior agents since it is all controlled by management on who is to be trained on what account.
Pros
Work around your schedule, Paid vacation, two 15 minute breaks, 30 minute lunch for full time agents.
Cons
Controlled pay rates, hard to advance, No 401k
This is a good place to start out with for at home work.
At-Home Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 7, 2013
This is a company that you will gain a working knowledge of what it is to work from home.
Unprofessional work environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Unity MaineJuly 17, 2012
Not a professional environment there are a lot of different issues.
Cons
not enough room
Enjoyed taking calls and helping customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, flJune 4, 2012
Inbound calls from customers for all kinds of accounts including:
1.Order Entry
2.Home/flood/fire insurance claims
3.Customer Service
4.After hours answering service for doctor’s offices
5.Customer support for websites
Small Answering Service
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMarch 1, 2012
This was a lay over job to keep some income flowing. It was a good job if you enjoy this kind of work and have no ambition to do anything more.
Pros
it afforded me the chance to pay some of my bills
Cons
no growth, poor management