Xator Corporation Employee Reviews

Great company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VASeptember 28, 2018
Xator is a great company to work for. They value talent and drive. People who are innovative, enthusiastic, positive, and proactive self-starters will do very well with the company! They value suggestions and feedback at all levels of management. I truly feel like I could email one of the founders and would hear a response fairly quickly.

Downside is that they are a government contractor and thus at the whims of the government. Job opportunities are limited to the contracts they have but they do provide a wide variety of training and learning modules on their virtual university so employees cn broaden their skills.
Pros
benefits, healthcare, Pto
Incredible Management and Overall Growth Potential
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 14, 2018
Xator Corporation is a quickly growing company, so naturally is faced with some internal challenges. I applaud their leadership for outstanding communication and their willingness to care for individual employees. I've been afforded a great deal of flexibility to have a healthly work-life balance, while still supporting a unique mission set. My management team sets measurable goals, rewards hard work, and has high expectations for professionalism, mission support and overall work performance. I find some aspects of my job stressful, but find it manageable due to my leadership team.
Pros
Great benefits; numerous contract options
Cons
Fast-paced growth
Wonderful company to work for.
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 13, 2018
Management works hard to make sure that employees get to grow within the company. They emphasize the importance of work and family life balance.The owners go above and beyond to make sure the employees are shown their hard work is greatly appreciated.
Awful
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 19, 2018
The company cut me by 12% pay in the same building on a separate contract, after I resigned they offered to keep another employees pay to move them. They weren't understanding of personal issues or trying to work childcare.
Great Pay - Poor Management
Sr. Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 12, 2018
Many hard-working individuals often went unnoticed or were underrated. People who had an 'in' within the company were promoted or paid more than people who were obviously much more hard-working.
Pros
holiday events, long lunches, good benefits, good salary
Cons
poor management, unequal expectations of employees, company plays favorites
Poor place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  DeployedJanuary 30, 2018
The company culture is very passive aggressive and cut throat. There are very clear lines between the home office staff and the deployed staff, almost to the point of discrimination. They have policies that apply to deployed staff, and other policies for the home office staff.
The upper management refuses to acknowledge ideas or suggestions from deployed staff. It's not a good idea if it's not from management.
Advancement does not apply to deployed staff.
Nepotism within the company is rampant.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Company Culture
Poor management
Senior Electrician (Former Employee) –  World wideDecember 30, 2017
Poor safety culture, lack of accountability at management level, will not listen to employees concerns, ideas, etc. Unqualified personnel in management and corporate positions. They flat out do not listen to suggestions for improvement!
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long hours, poor management
Stressful Work Environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 3, 2017
Xator is a growing company that is just beginning to develop a workplace culture. Unfortunately, this leaves much to be desired. Unless you are an hourly employee or part of the home office, it is hard to see the benefit associated with your hard work and sacrifice.
Excellent Place to Work
Systems Analyst II - SWFTS Technician (Current Employee) –  Kings Bay Naval Submarine Support Base, GAAugust 10, 2017
The people you work with on a daily basis are excellent.
The day to day work is fluid and changes on a daily basis.
I loved that I was still able to support the military components.
It lacks cohesiveness.
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 6, 2017
Not a happy place, good thing is always busy, otherwise the days would be dragging. Employees are not allowed to socialize. Upper management not very good in communicating, and they are not appreciative at all.
Pros
Busy all the time
Cons
Not a happy place
Great experience with a lot of amazing people.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 16, 2017
I am so grateful for the opportunities that have been provided for me by Xator Corporation. With the program being supported by so many driven, intelligent and diverse individuals there is no way you can’t not grow professionally within this organization. The culture is always changing, with project teams moving around and new responsibilities being delegated leading to many unexpected challenges. What I loved the most about my job were the managers I had and my team members that influenced me so greatly. Even during the most stressful of days we would never leave on a bad note, and I was able to see that teamwork and positive environments do exist in a corporate setting. Thankfully, because of my experience at Xator I have discovered that no challenge is too great and you can always seek opportunities to learn.