XAVIER HIGH SCHOOL

Working at XAVIER HIGH SCHOOL: 18 Reviews

United States18 reviews

Great Place, not always appreciated

Much of the admin are great, as are a lot of other faculty and staff. However it feels bad when you’re hard working and other employees do the bare minimum and aren’t reprehended

A great place to work!

As typical of a Jesuit school, Xavier High School has high standards placed on its teachers and students. The school culture is truly a second family.

Productive, helpfully

We treat everybody like a family, i just want to get better benefit. As a worker we all help each other even the administrator are really helpful with us.

Xhs

Great work place. Good culture. Good benefits. Bonne ambiance generale

Relaxed and friendly workplace with satisfying work.

A typical day at work involved a lot of sorting and inventory. I learned how to manage time most efficiently. My management was friendly and approachable. The workplace culture is relaxed and fair. The hardest part of this job was making sure I did everything exactly as I was told. The most enjoyable part of the job was the snacks we were given almost daily.

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

Repetitive work

productive and fun workin place

I spent everyday helping the cooks at my school wash the dishes, clean the floors, and mostly helped with the clean up after serving. I enjoyed serving food to the students and building friendships with the woman I worked with in the kitchen.

Pros

free lunch, discounts

Cons

short breaks

Productive place to work with great coworkers

Working at Xavier these past few months has given me the confidence and ability to excel in my future career. Xavier is filled with caring people who are willing to help you coworkers succeed in every aspect of their job. Being able to give back to my alma mater has been an amazing and rewarding experience.

Great Experience

Xavier is a great place to work! The students, staff, administration, parents and community members are very faith based and wonderful to work with. This is truly a special place.

Productive workplace

productive workplace that encourages student engagement, spiritual, personal and emotional development. Academia is a main priority to prepare students for their collegiate endeavors.

Great place to work and play

They have a great and strong/close-nit community. The kids are very polite and fairly well mannered. Was a true joy to work with the coaching staff as I was able to learn a lot from them and about myself.

Pros

the extra mile that the school and parents will go to.

Cons

you get a lump sum payment months after the season is over

Great school

A wonderful community dedicated to serving the young men of Central CT and their families. Xavier goes above and beyond to help young men realize their potential.

Diverse, challenging, and rewarding experience

Typically, a teacher at XHS works from 7:30 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. at night teaching classes, participating in extracurricular activities, overseeing study periods, and preparing for classes the following day. The most rewarding aspect of the job is the students, and the most difficult aspect of the job is stress and workload because of the under-resourced reality of the worksite.

Pros

diverse community, opportunities to use many skills and explore interests

Cons

no benefits, low pay, under-resourced

Science Teaching Position

Routinely arrive very early and remain late, will usually remain even longer as necessary to grade homework or assessments or to get ready for upcoming lab and next day's lesson. Came in as experienced teacher, and have remained flexible to all assignments (even if not in line with my experience). Have been micromanaged to some extent. Management seems fair, but can underestimate effect on educators and students of disruptions caused by numerous out-of-classroom activities during the school day. Hardest part of the job is the time required to be put in to do the job right. The most enjoyable are the students themselves, especially those who desire to learn or work hard overcoming challenges.

Pros

Generally good working environment

Cons

Limited time 45 minutes to conduct labs. Disruptions to daily routine, no compensation for subbing or overtime

Great place to work limited jobs in this region

Most of the marketing and communications was handled at the corporate level and not many opportunities to move up. I wanted more experience in those areas and that is why I took the opportunity at Disney and ESPN media networks.

Rugby/ Football Coach

Was a great learning experience for me, and I loved being able to give back to a high school that did so much for me. while doing this it was not about the money but being able to shape these young student athletes what to do on and off the field. The coaching staff was great and really pushed for you to be the best you could be. The hours were sometimes hard while trying to balance another job. The best part of coaching is seeing the kids come back years after graduating and still giving you there fondest memories.

Pros

Experience, traveling, life lessons

Cons

Hours

Happy Place

Working with the kids is the best part of the day! A real community!

Pros

co workers

Cons

low pay

Staff is not treated the same as teachers and we are the first to be fired. we handle 1200 students and only have 5 staff members

The staff who runs the school were not treated in a respectful manner. My boss the Headmaster was vulger and disliked women. I loved the school and would have continued working there but cutbacks on Catholic schools led me to be layed off. I was the last to be hired so the first to go.

Pros

Cons

no breaks, few staff for 1200 students, hardly got to take lunch, unappreciated

Great Boss

Working as a librarian at Xavier was my first job ever... It was fun working with students and interact with co-workers...I've learned about time management and how to be more patient and confident. Hardest part was dealing with naughty students.

Pros

free food

Cons

less time with family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XAVIER HIGH SCHOOL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits