Xcalibur Logistics

Working at Xcalibur Logistics: 30 Reviews

United States30 reviews

equipmentbadpaycompanygoodmanagementworkdriver

Was a great place to work for the most part. The culture can be improved, but it is always striving to be better every year. Benefits are still limited, however

Ok

Ok job was hectic managers where not good and equipment was always breaking down. Always had to stay at yard to get fixed without any pay what so ever

Xcalibur Logistics insights

Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

Was a great company

company sold out. Treated me with respect. Equipment needed some work. Fellow drivers were good. Management was fun and not pc friendly but, respectful. Pay was a little low.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Equipment

Bad equipment and Trucks

Really bad tractor, trailers and equipment to perform your duties on a safe manner, None of the trucks at the Jal, yard could pass a DOT inspection, most of them didn't have a working A/C on the summer.

Pros

Great pay, benefits and working schedules

Cons

Non safe tractors and or trailers and bad or none equipment to perform your job correctly

it was ok!

except for only having night shift for me, and staying at the work camp, you just couldn't make money. Although you had a per diem to make up for your expenses, it is a matter of one wanting to work there.

Fair company

Good company to start and gain experience. They do have favoritism on drivers. Good home time. Pay is below average. Equipment is not taken care of. Trucks are not maintained.

Horrible company

Do not work here illegal and dangerous equipment and management does not care. They do not appreciate you they do not care about you. All they want is someone to make them money they will put you in dangerous situations and if you refuse they will fire you and put someone else there. They do not care.

Bad management;

Equipment in bad shape. This company is not transparent, and loyalty is not appreciated. The recruiter purposely lie to applicants to get them here. In Jal, there’s about a 400 percent turnover rate. The money is wrong, the equipment should be out of service, and management does not seem to care, as they are salary employees.

Vehicles not available

Trucks not getting repaired due to poor management and planning. Parts not being approved. No air conditioning in most trucks and current temp is 108 midday. Trucks with out ac might have only 1 working window Dispatch doesnt ensure drivers return on time for shift change leaving oncoming shift without trucks. Theres no accountability for any management. They pass the buck to whoever is not around to avoid doing anything. When you present an issue to them you will get blank stares or shrugs.

Pros

Housing was improving before i left but thats not under this company they just rent the rooms

Cons

U have a roomate

Don't Work Here

The trucks are DOT traps. I saw only two or three trucks that had A/C that worked out of twenty trucks. A bunch of the trucks had no working speedometer. The trucks are not just used and abused they are heaps of trash. I don't mind older trucks, but they need to at least make the necessary repairs on these trucks. It was not uncommon to come to work and go through two or three trucks just to find one that is running enough to get the job done or just wait having to wait for a few hours of your shift so the truck can be repaired. However, these "repairs" are more like band aids just to get you out the yard instead of actually fixing the problem. The only way to make the money they say you can is to push the trucks hard and speed down the blacktop and the lease roads. If anything happens to your day to slow it down you will not make the money they promise. Don't come here unless you want to loose your license.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Xcalibur Logistics?

Horrible! Don't waste your time!

I'll start with the recruiter, you're ready to listen to lies, lies, and more lies then listen to him. It looks like a GREAT opportunity when you read their ad or speak to a recruiter. But in reality its OLD equipment that's broken down, you share a truck that stays running 24/7, promise work that never comes. If you live about 1.5 hours from the yard then it's an OK gig. Any further than that well its probably a bad decision. The pay they promise is a lie, most drivers average about $900. to $1200 a week. Now that's the average. If in my time working there employees that had been working for more than a year there left, also a ton of new hires. Huge RED flag!

Cons

Not enough work, they kept saying more leases would come and they never did.

Perseverance should never be underestimated.

Look. The recruiter will shower you with the gimmicks about all the money you’ll rake in and time off etc, etc. DON’T FALL FOR IT! Bottom line, I’ve been driving professionally for over 23 years and I knew better. I only took the position to get the experience (crude oil) and to help me get my foot in the door with a more reputable company. Sure, I wish things could work out here but the reality “THERE IS NO SANTA CLAUS!”

Pros

Potential salary, Medical, Dental, Pto

Cons

Equipment, Equipment, Equipment

Worst Oil field job out there run . Recruiter will lie to you.

Equipment not DOT standard no A/C in trucks Dash fell on lap while driving. Mancamp is a 8 guys in one trailer one refrigerator no room for your food and you share your room. Dispatch does not give you enough runs to make money or changes your load stay away unless you like making McDonald's money.

nice place to work at.

productive and a fun place to work there, if you know what you doing it shouldn't be a problem there at all. Can get you trained there if you don't have the experience.

The pay is ok in NM but the manager are not that great trucks always broke down. But in the Dilly location manager are top notch

I work in the NM location pay was ok 12 to 1500. A week manager were below average trucks always broken down. But in the Dilly location managers are on point trucks get fix but the pay is about $1000.00 a week

Pros

Ok

Cons

Just ok company

Don't do it

Trucks were new bit weren't maintained worked in 100 degree weather with no a/c had the worst headaches I've ever had the truck that did have a/c had the circulated air button broken an it made me really sick. One truck had the backrest ripped of the passenger seat. One truck had the steps to get in tied with zip ties. They send out the trucks without fixing them , broken leaf springs no a/c windows won't roll up or down it's bad

Pros

unlimited hours somehow don't follow law

Cons

Everything about them don't go here

Avoid this place

I should start with there are a few really great people here, who know what they are doing. For the rest I would just advise anyone looking to work here to steer clear. The turnover rate is high and the opportunity for advancement is low. Leadership lacks any real management skills, treats employees horribly. Trucks are not properly maintained.

Alot wrong here

A basic list of issues. Managment dont care, trucks broken, all trucks and trailers are major DOT violations, wait forever for mechanic when you breakdown, not paid breakdown pay in majority of cases, all oil spinners dont work- cant test oil, supposed to have all the fittings to do job but dont, and the list goes on and on.

Pros

Benefit package

Cons

Everything else

Not worth your time.

This company plays favorites. They are also sneaky lying snakes. Management will take advantage of men who want to learn and work. The trucks are one big rolling DOT violation. Wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. Stay away!!

Pros

Some of the employees are decent human beings.

Cons

Management is cut throat.

The worst equipment I have ever driven.

It looks good on paper. But in real life its not so good. It was normal to wait two or three hours for a truck each night only to finally have one come in with multiple issues. Not a truck on the yard could pass a level one and many would not pass a level two. I've run junk before but never have I run trucks that were in this bad of shape. Many trucks had side boxes with missing doors or no doors. Four or five of them had speedometers that did not work. Only two trucks had working centrifuges and could actually work oil. Half the trucks have bad pumps and can on be used as LACT trucks and the list goes on. On the plus side. If you can get a truck and keep it running for your shift you can make some decent money there. My pay was on time and they did not try to screw me on my last check. The Carlsbad location has better maintained equipment Than Jal where I worked. They have the foundation of a good place to work. They just need to start fixing their stuff and not hire drivers that are going to rag it out so bad. There are better choices for hauling crude.

Pros

Money, home time, vacation.

Cons

Your risking your CDL if you work for them. Its that bad.

Pleaseeee Don't Do It!!!

I promise this place is horrible. Management is cut throat and will blame you for trucks that are old and outdated. The living arrangements is horrible. Please don't risk your losing your cdl for this company.

Pros

pay and vacations

Cons

management, living arrangements, unorganized and faulty equipment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xcalibur Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits