Xcite Advertising

Xcite Advertising Employee Reviews

They lost their soul
I watched this company go from awesome to unbearable. I had a boss who pushed me to be greater, and it made me a better person. Over the years, I reached a good position, then got thrown under the bus, leading to demotion, in spite of juggling two positions at once. Ever since then, my pay shrank. I was written up on policy changes I wasn't ever told about. Then certain perks were taken away one by one. Even travel reimbursements were reduced.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Toxic corporate culture
Very Bad management
Very bad management, when asked for help, none was ever provided which led to the blame being placed to me and me being the "issue". Everything else was fine besides management
Not even enough free time allowed to eat lunch. Pointless conference calls where managers basically repeat the same thing every week.
A business that only generates revenue from the work performed by its employees. Your office and your supply closet is your own personal vehicle. After a week your car is trashed and compensation for mileage is minimal. This company does nothing more than use a service which is available (licensed) to anyone, it uses the employees to preform the work remotely (using the service they license) and makes about 10 times as much as the employee does for his/her work. It goes to show... anyone with a half baked idea, can get rich by throwing together a company, as long as you a little bit of startup money and a bunch of willing pawns... no intelligence required.
Pros
Good for making friends at dealerships to get you jobs with them
Cons
The job, the pay, the management, the wear and tear of your own vehicle.
A typical Corrupt Chicago Company
Beware of this company. They have no ethics or morality. They are liars and will lie to you as they hire you. They will not provide the amount of work they request out of their employees. I saw a guy get injured at work so they fired him even though he was a top photography producer. This company is filled with $15 an hour morons with NO EXPERIENCE. So if you're just starting out and need a measly $15/hr horrible job working for criminals. This is the place for that. They will try to take advantage of you so get ready. But if you are a person that doesn't mind being taken advantage of and will keep your mouth shut, then you'll have a long and miserable employment with this evil organization of felons.
Unrealistic expectation, horrible managers / assistant manager band together
Horrendous work culture. Manager cover for assistant's manager horrible work ethic and unprofessional misconduct while intentionally nitpicking on every thing you do if you speak up against their horrible management team.

I have never worked for such a brain dead manager who can not even manage a simple task such as deliver the correct size uniform for employee even though I have sent him an email and text message over the course of 4 weeks. The manager showed up at the dealership with wrong size uniform and bloodshot eyes, kept on snacking as we worked (probably stoned).

Not a lot of advancement opportunity unless you voluntarily do the works that the brain dead manager do not want to do. It's a sinking ship because the captains are incapable of thinking critically.
Pros
Learned how to NOT manage a business
Cons
Speak up about their unethical, unprofessional misconduct will be retaliated
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Great Company to Work For
Excellent management definitely makes a difference on how you feel about your job, and Xcite delivers. I’ve never had a single issue with Xcite, but dealership management is hit or miss. Reasonable goals are set for you and you are praised for your work. The pay is fair, full time positions are offered, and you have the ability to transfer if there are positions available. I would recommend Xcite as a company to work for, and would work for them again.
Flexible
Flexible hours, benefits are ok, drive a lot traveling between dealerships. You get an work phone. Don’t expect an raise, no matter how hard you work or how good your are. I was one of the hardest workers and also one of best photographers no raise after one year.
Pros
Flexible hours, people within company to talk to
Cons
Don’t expect raise, dealing with dealership management have to do whatever they say
AMAZING!! The company feels like extended family!
The company offers great benefits for full time! Medical, dental, vision, 401K, discounts for products, paid holidays and paid vacation time! Even part time I receive company cell phone, discounts, holidays off (unpaid), and vacation days (unpaid). My direct manager (D. F) is the most amazing, helpful, understanding, easy going, but direct & honest, and will always have your back kind of manager. I couldn’t be any happier with my job. It’s amazing.
Pros
No micromanaging, Amazing management, Freedom, Cool Cars, Being outdoors
Cons
Dealing with Dealerships
Add more to the plate.
One way to make your employees want to find new work...add more and more things to their plate until there’s no more room, then add some more on top of that just so the big wigs can pay for their beach house or Tesla....without a pay raise to the employee. 👍🏻
Pros
Boss is 2 hours away.
Cons
Where to start.
Not micro managed
You definitely have to be self starter, but you are also not micromanaged. Most of the management are pretty good to work for. They are pretty reasonable when it comes to family matters or children, but you work Mon-Fri so forget having time to run errands or make doctor appointments unless they are not frequent. If you prefer to have the weekends off this job is ideal. A big issue can be dealing with the GMs of dealerships. Xcite usually backs up their employees though. The job is pretty repetitive and you must be willing to work in all 4 seasons outside. When it rains you have to dry off each individual car before shooting it which can be a pain. Some of the sites have photobooths and some do not. If you are able to, there is a lot of room for travel in certain positions.
Freedom from oversight
Hours are very flexible, pay is reasonable, and the work is easy depending on how many dealerships you manage. This is a perfect position for someone balancing a work/school schedule.
Fun Job!
Although this job is repetitive, I find it the be a fantastic job as a beginner in photography/filmmaking. They have many contracts with different car dealership and I was in Kansas working with Toyota. That was pretty fun.
Pros
Working with cars, photography, Filming.
Cons
Salesman, Winter.
A large amount of travel, a lot of output expected in minimum timefrme, especially in winter.
Begin day at first client, your amount of transactions depends COMPLETELY on your clients readiness for your services. You are not supposed to provide a sub par product/image but you are not allowed to prepare the client's products for shooting. Then travel to the next client and begin same process.
Good Pay
Simple job if you know how to work a camera. Great pay. Gets boring over time. You work outside all year round. Rain prevents you from working. Overall it's a good job.
Pros
Great pay, Flexible schedule
Cons
Working outside all year round
Likely a pyramid scheme.
You get paid off what people you hire do, but if you could make a sale, it pays okay. Most people who do well find themselves selling unethically to elders, and others who are easily persuaded. I only made one legitimate sale because I won't lie about a service or its benefits.
Pros
Free hotel sometimes
Cons
mostly everything else
Terrible Job.
Unbelievably bad work environment. Insurmountable work load is compounded by horrible management. Pay is also lower than advertised. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Drove some cool cars
Cons
unrealistic expectations.
Poor management
It would not be a bad job if they valued their employees and had real leadership. Raises are non existent and there are very few advancement opportunities.
Lots of sun
Work at your own pace, manage your own time. Easy relaxed environment. Not very challenging work, can be somewhat repetitive but, you have flexibility to change up your routine.
It not a job for a easy minded person!
I worked there for 2 years made the money put up with the BS until, I realize they didn't have my back when a client was down right disrespectful! If they could just see the work that the guys do and understand this would be a great job.
Pros
On your on
Cons
Better work fast!
it was ok
Software sucked big time, non stop changes that did not make much sense and just downgraded productivity by 60% . IOL main algorithm was not working properly for like 3 month and it caused non stop inventory glitches. No one cared much. Job itself was fun, I liked it.
Good Job BUT
The Middle management has no idea of Ground level work issues and processes at dealerships.
Company's phone apps that you have to work with on their silly work phones are forever not working or have issues and they expect you to meet numbers (cars shot) in extreme weather conditions, bad technology and a lot of other problems.

Work is good and easy.

Pay is good, always on time and fair.

But it is a really difficult job because of number of issues that you would incounter in your day to day work and the middle management will have no solution to offer.

Also, it's a very challenging Job with a lot of walking, climbing, jumping, bending, lifting.
Pros
Pay, Flexibility
Cons
Technology, weather, middle management