XIFIN INC Employee Reviews

I did well but...
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 9, 2018
My advice would be to not trust anyone. Agree with the employee who is closest to the top of the org chart. When confronted, blame shortfalls on the person no one likes. Try to go unnoticed.
Great Company
Medical Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 26, 2018
Work is what you make it, I enjoyed working here and would definitely think about reapplying if I returned back to San Diego.
They provide a healthy work environment and work with adapting protocols to help with ongoing changes.
The Best Revenue Cycle Solution for Laboratory Billing
Client Success Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Xifin is an industry leader for Revenue Cycle Management in the hospital / laboratory space. A typical day is busy communicating with key accounts to ensure their vision of success is being met.
Pros
Professional office with respect for hard work., Ability to achieve work / life balance. Some of the nicest people you will ever work with.
Cons
Opportunities for advancement are nonexistent, which is common for smaller departments.
Great Company
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2017
Xifin is a great company to work for. You have to be a multi task and able to handle one than one lab. The hardest part appealing with medical record.
I love the people and growth of the company.
A good place to work.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Overall good place to work. It is what you make of it. I worked there during the early days, were long hours but the CEO took care of the original start up people. Would work there again.
Pros
Good salary for certain positions
Cons
Small company
Some people stay despite the toxicity
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 19, 2016
Worked at xifin for almost 3 years and during that time saw people under qualified and under paid hired and placed in positions. Yet the hiring managers rave about them. Project Managers who cannot operate Excel or Outlook, product managers who do not understand the product and put the company at a disadvantage because they make promises that are difficult to keep and lastly employees who are not allowed to make decisions or change the antiquated processes, because there is no time.

If this sounds like a company you would love working for and would allow your passion to take root, try dropping another xanax. The company has a toxic environment that is accepted and will not change.
Pros
Hours are at minimum 8 - 5:30 with no telecommuting
Cons
Leaders received their pay our already and are driving the workers into the ground
No real training/ unorganized company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 7, 2016
Billing call center focused solely on metrics, did not care about the customers or resolving issues at all. Super stressful for anyone with a good work ethic as nothing could ever get done. I was only there for 2 weeks and trained by an employee who focused on telling off the supervisor. Asked both questions and received completely different answers. Felt as though the supervisor had no say or control of the department. Also noticed many other reps being rude and negative on the phone.
Pros
Drinks (soda, coffee, water) were free. Free Friday bagels
Cons
Unorganized, rude to patients, no upper management control
Busy and unorganized
Call Center Billing Rep (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2015
I currently work in the call center and it gets really busy on Mondays and Tuesdays nonstop calls all day. Each day I learn how to handle difficult calls as we get a lot of patient grievance calls due to missinformation provided to them. It does get stressful at times but I manage to get through the day. I believe managment should have more control of employees, I know they shouldn't babysit us but it is unfair for some to do more work than others. My department is very small and I enjoy working with them, however, I do not like that some take advantage of the manager and tell lies in regards to low production. The hardest part of my job is dealing with angry patients because they can be very disrespectful at times, however, I have learned to not take it personal. The most enjoyable part of my job is that each day I learn more about outpatient billing.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
under paid, under appreciated
Project Manager - Implementations (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2014
While i did actually learn quite a bit during my short stay with Xifin, being pushed out after receiving exemplary remarks on my one and only performance evaluation by everyone who observed the presentation except my direct supervisor, who was absent from the evaluation doesn't make sense. It begins to look suspicious when it just so happens that i was just about to request FMLA due to a potential and eventually actual serious health concern when I'm told "it's just not working out" and how "I'm not advancing as quickly as I should be at the 5 month point." Again, this coming after exemplary marks on my one and only performance evaluation. This is not sour grapes but rather a cautionary tale to others. Xifin under pays and then expects exorbitant production and commitment. It was rare that i left the office before 7pm and was expected there by 8am at the latest. If we had an east coast customer then we were expected to be on their time, so 8am EST meant 5am PST, which in and of itself wouldn't be outrageous, but then still not getting out of the office until 7pm that night...once or twice, fine, but all the time? Like I said, they don't pay enough to hold those expectations. Management is like being in 2nd grade all over again, with a teachers pet, who can do no wrong, even when the client complains that she is doing wrong. Anyone who speaks out against the pet is admonished or instructed to fall in line or is mysteriously let go because he or she "just wasn't working out." The company offers no benefits above and beyond the standard healthcare, PTO and 401k (which of course  more... they do NOT match). They are incredibly cheap and therefore desperately understaffed. The most enjoyable thing was bagels on friday and the free coke soda fountain they added.  less
Pros
free bagels on friday
Cons
everything else