Xilinx Employee Reviews

Great, but difficult place to work
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 12, 2018
Xilinx, being a leader in a duopoly, must challenge its employees to work creatively and quickly. The management does a nice job of providing necessary tools and support of the team.
work hard play hard
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 29, 2018
leading edge technology, thinking out of the box is always welcomed, excellent managers (in my case) rewards for achieving goals, learning culture, investments at all levels of the organization
Trainer
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 12, 2018
It was very easy to learn lots of new procedures and product while working here. I moved around in many areas while employee here. I moved from production to management. I also worked in the training department . We wrote new produces for the operators. Trained new employees, test the operators. Great place to work.
Pros
Learned so many new procedures
Cons
Laid off
An Excellent Learning Ground for Software Fundamentals
Senior Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 2, 2018
Great people to work with and a professional environment. Also many projects that deal with fundamental compiler technology that makes it very interesting. Typically promotes from within therefore there is growth opportunity.
Great environment to work in with strong focus on both quality of work and on quality of life for employees
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  DublinJune 11, 2018
I found Xilinx to be an excellent company to work for.

It provided a lot of freedom for employees with good technical skills and self motivated drive to work on interesting technical projects and explore new ideas.

Xilinx has a great career development program to encourage and assist employees who are interested in developing

Xilinx is operating on the cutting edge of technology in the programmable devices sector and provides interesting and exciting career opportunities.

Xilinx is a very professional place to work, and I would recommend it to anyone who is passionate about Programming and Electronics
Hiccups with CEO Transition
Director of Human Resource Operations (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 20, 2018
A new culture is being born and the new CEO is not making the shift smoothly...changes are quick and immediate. Everyone seems to be stepping over each other and poor senior management changes are being made.
Pros
Good commute
Cons
Deliver or your gone
This is a good company to work
Design Verification Engineer (Current Employee) –  san jose, CAApril 20, 2018
This is a good company to work. The enviroment is nice.
Employees will learn many things from work.
It is software, hardware company therefore I learn different things from C to Verilog, for example
Great place for retirement
Staff Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 17, 2018
Good place if you are planning for your retirement. Pretty much doing the same thing and the project is not that interesting. Good work and life balance. Good gym facility and the food are not bad.
Good tough place to learn and work
SR. PRODUCT MANAGER , FPGA (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 13, 2018
Good tough place to learn and work. Management is lackadaisical, HR scams you without well researched review/raises. Work pace is not good in some groups, others are cruising.
Used to be really good, but not so good (for me) now.
FA Staff Engineer/ SEM/EDS Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 12, 2018
18 years ago when I was hired at Xilinx it was a great place to work. But about 10 years ago Xilinx stopped doing the job that I was hired for (SEM/EDS). They tried to train me to do a different job, but I never really liked that job and I never became really good at it. So when Xilinx offered my a chance to retire and get a nice package, I took advantage of that.
not sure what to say
Senior Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 8, 2018
I worked there so long ago, this review is outdated. I'm sure everything has changed. It was conveniently close to home and at the time a good place to work. I met some life long friends there.
Xilinx
New Product Introduction Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 4, 2018
Xilinx is a great company to work for. Their products is for the future. The culture had changed from the top 5 company to work for. The flexibility of FPGA is always the best option for customer. There use to have big number of engineers loved to work so much that the CEO had to remind them to take vacation.
Great place! Wouldn't mind going back
Clients Support Projects Manager/RMA Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 4, 2018
Intelligent management and colleagues. To work here you need to be a fast thinker and quick to action though or you might get crushed. by high achievers, still a great company though.
Loved my manager
Sr. HRIC Representative, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COApril 2, 2018
I absolutely adored my manager. Xilinx is a successful company on the bleeding edge of technology. Hope the recent change in CEO leads to higher level of employee engagement.
Undergoing Change
Director, Partnerships Strategic Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 29, 2018
New CEO is making major changes to company corporate strategy and direction, and realigning resources and budgets to match. Time will tell if the new focus is the right one, it certainly is more aggressive and focused than prior management.
Pros
Superior technology, excellent NPI execution. Great benefits, nice location for reasonable commute time.
Cons
Stagnant to slow growth, challenged to release technologies to reach SW market.
Needs a breakout growth strategy that is clearly communicated and funded.
Director in Sales (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 28, 2018
Overall strategy is not clear, needs a breakout growth strategy that is clearly communicated and funded.
Great people to work with, a lot of new business people, that will take time to settle in and get aligned.
Product Management & Pricing Admin (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 7, 2018
Fair amount of autonomy in my position with the right amount of management, interesting and impactful work and learning opportunities. Also productive and fun workplace with ping pong table.
Pros
not too stressful and close to home
Cons
job security difficult to predict due to organizational changes/off-siting
Productive place to work
Director of Marketing - NPI and Solution (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Good place to work. Nice benefit, reduced lunch, soda and bottled water, There is a on-site gym that opens before normal work hours and close late evening.
Pros
Reduced Lunch
Cons
Slow learning
Hard driving; Lots of energy environment; fairly "every man for himself" environment
Regional Sales Manager - Bay Region (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Xilinx is a fairly hard driving, high stress environment. The focus is on top line revenue growth and the approach is aggressive. The work environment is results oriented with no excuses mind set.
Pros
Focused, driven, good resources
Cons
Too many things "on the plate", no career advancement opportunities, to appreciation for results already accomplished (what have you done for me lately)
Tech Company Without All the Perks
GTC Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 15, 2018
It is an industry leader in product, but not an industry leader on job culture. Ie depending on who you work for working remotely will be frowned upon. Seems like workers who do not perform get to skate by until there is a layoff or reorg which can be frustrating to those who are performers. Also, advancement opportunities do not seem to happen.

Team work and collaborating is great. Having a good team experience with clearly defined roles is good.
Pros
on site gym, cafe, team work and collaboration, work life balance
Cons
Low pay, no career advancement, no flex hour/remote work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xilinx. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

47out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Xilinx.

Powered by Comparably