XL Construction

XL Construction Employee Reviews

XL Construction insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job

Great Culture

I have met few people who I didn't think we're great! Health Care division upper management could replace or improve otherwise Satisfied. Yona of future work always room for growth and opportunity

Pros

Everyone genuinely helps!

Cons

Supervision lacks experience...

Great team environment

Great company culture but you can become just a number in the company if you’re not set up on a good project or good team. Work hard and get noticed and you will be set up for success at XL. Overall they care about their employees but due to their ever growing size they do tend to lose track of their employees.

Pros

Great company culture.

Cons

Sometimes lack of management and supervision

Typical GC

They think they're God's gift to the GC field. They're not; they're average. They spend more time breaking their arm patting themselves in the back than anyone I've ever seen.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Bad communication

Great Job

Friendly People ,Great place to Work ,Very Fair with all employees, Learned alot from everybody,Glad to work there each single day,will recomend anyone to work here

Great company

I left due to an issue I had created I would never leave there and would recommend anyone apply for them. Great benefits, work environment and people.

We had good days and bad days .it was hard work but at end of the day you saw accomplishments . Hanging ceiling was tough but I liked it .the work crew was fun for most part .you will learn team work and communication skills and will get a good work out during the day

Loved this job

My first construction job. Great owners, great crew. I left to learn a new trade and went back a few years later. Crew was almost the same, and we were fast. Fastest drywall crew in Rochester when I was there.

The most enjoyable part of the job

Working with xl conversation was one of the best experience I’ve had working construction I learned a lot more than I knew the bosses were understanding and the company treated everyone like they were apart of the company not just someone tht was there to get the job done xl conversation is a awesome company to work for

Great Work/Life Balance and Helpful Team Support

Always felt like you are in a positive environment with help and mentoring from both supervisors and coworkers regardless of who that may be. Solid communication and organization with subcontractors and clients alike.

Work Life Balance

Excellent work/life balance. Employer listens to Employee regarding new policies and procedures, job site location preferences, and reasons to advance.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Travel

Work hard play hard

They expect a lot, but provide a great working environment and top notch coworkers. Super fun, talented, and smart group of people to work with. Always open to ways to improve, providing ways for individuals to directly contribute to the success and growth of the company.

Pros

free lunches, bocce ball court, on-site gym AND trainer, clear bonus plan

Need to work hard

Is a good company to work the only thing that I don't like is that you need to travel a lot and be far from home. In the time that I have working for this company. I learned a lot of things in the construction area and that make me feel thankful

sadfaf

Yes this company was awesome and I loved working there and I would work there again if I had the opportunity. Great company!

Pleasant environment & company to work for.

All of my team mates, supervisors and managers I worked with were great. My role has a lot of responsibility which I like. I always felt included in the projects from start to finish.

Pros

Lots of catered lunches. Lots of Employee Appreciation events.

Cons

No advancement within company for PC's.

Productive and fun work environment.

I help maintain several sizable projects concurrently. Successfully supported projects throughout their duration for start to finish. Managed internal software systems with all project information from client and contractors. Regularly administered project documentation including; contracts, change orders, sub pricing, insurance certificates and invoices.One of the most enjoyable aspects of my job was being a part of a different project teams and getting to know several different people. As well as being on-site at the project location and seeing its conception take place. It was Great seeing the very influences my position was able to produce.

Pros

Lots of catered lunches. Lots of Employee Appreciation events.

Cons

No advancement within company for PC's.

Great company culture, and great poeple

Typical day at work encompasses managing all subcontractors on the project. Emailing, calling, and in person meetings with their project managers, superintendents, and field foreman. Comprise RFI's and submittals and a daily basis, review drawing and clarify any field conflicts. Deal directly with the client indicate the progress of the work that has been completed. Coordinate with architect, structural engineer, and mechanical engineer to resolve and drawing clash detection and mistakes. I enjoy my job and the clients and people I work with.

Pros

Complex projects, running entire scopes of work

Cons

more large scale projects

Summer schedule allowed every other Friday or Monday off if work schedule permitted from Memorial Day to Laboor Day

Sub contractor coordination, Scheduling, Safety, Owner interfacing Microsoft Project, OSHA Safety along with all facets of Construction Safety, MEP , Business development,GMP, Endless training of all types Bright group of Guys Well trained & hard working, Always willing to help. Managing short duration projects Completing projects on time and budget

Pros

Salary compensation, Benefits

Cons

Short Duration projects

Calm environment, Great people to work with.

Calm environment, Great people to work with. Great Construction company. Good Service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XL Construction. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2