XL PARTS Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 21, 2019
Haven’t been here long enough to say. The management is easy to work for and very approachable. Checks and balances on everything, they measure everything and hold everyone accountable, love that part!
Pros
Uplifting
Cons
Bonus to plan, hard to obtain
Fun work place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 13, 2019
work was great. a lot of working in the organization this is a great company to work for if you are looking for a job to build your skill set and resume
Cons
One of the best jobs i've ever had.
Packing/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 5, 2019
If you're looking for a job to screw off, thisnisnt it. It's a fairly fast paced auto parts warehouse that serves multiple shops in town and dozens of dealerships in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas. The quicker you pull the correct part, the better. The packers are great at what they do. Managment is awesome. Definitely some of the best people you will work for as long as you aren't messing around and wasting their time. Gets pretty hot during the summer and cool during the winter.
Pros
Benefits, competitive pay, fairly relaxed, great managment.
Cons
Not climate controlled
its ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2019
work is fast paced but not all employees move fast paced
paid decent
allowed me to train in different aspects of the company
but remained in the same position as a floater not my intentions going in as a new hire
Pros
easy work
Cons
false promises
good place to work
Forklift Driver/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2019
it was agood place to work and I would recommende it to anyone seeking employment. the mgmt. was great and I liked working there.......................................................
It was a productive and fun work. You stayed busy being on the move all the time which made the day go by fairly quickly
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 12, 2018
Make sure to prepare to have gas money for the week gas wasn’t provided. Keep a packed lunch and cooler for drinks because you had to include your eating time in your work hours because there was no set lunch time
Pros
No set lunch time
January 17, 2019

This review was written by a contract employee through a 3rd party vendor.

Good people
Driver (Current Employee) –  Duncanville, TXNovember 18, 2018
I work for pdqthey contract me out to xl auto parts as delivery driver xl has vac ins and benefits pew is a good company they just contract out and have no benefits for their employees
Pros
Good job good people
Cons
No ins or pd vac
January 17, 2019

This review was written by a contract employee through a 3rd party vendor.
the comment of no Insurance or paid vacation is referred to PDQ. XL Parts full time employees do have access to full medical, dental and 401K benefits after applicable employment waiting periods.

A good job for starters
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2018
It’s a great just if ur looking to start
Warehouse stocking is mostly easy
The manager is layback he’s very understanding
It’s only 9 hour heavy lifting
And on ur feet all day constantly moving
Its like being in high school
Wearhouse logistics (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2018
Wouldn't recommend no one if you're not Hispanic
They barely want to pay but the work is pretty easy
You only get 30 minutes for lunch and 1 15 minute break
Pros
Weekends off
January 17, 2019

We start our warehouse employees at $10 per hour and 40 + hours per week... Those with some experience we offer a little more....but you're not going to get rich in our warehouses...I'll admit that.

Go get it atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 5, 2018
At this location you definitely have to be in the frame of mind to go and be competitive. You are able to build good relationships with the customers to keep them engaged in doing business with you.
Pros
Good Competative bonus
Cons
Long Hours
Not a terrible place to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 28, 2018
It's not a terrible place to work for. It's just gonna really depend on who your area manager is and how they treat the people under them. You get a raise every year, benefits, and 401k match. Off on Sundays too.
Fun place to work for and also fast paced
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2018
I worked for XL Parts under the previous owner for 6 1/2 years, and I’d say that he knew business. I would recommend XL Parts while under the old CEO, I don’t know how the new CEO runs things. I would definitely go back if they had room for a manager or assistant manager here in San Antonio.
Pros
Fun competitive place to work
Cons
Hire within was not an option
An ok envionment where I learned a lot of auto parts.
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2018
I usually start a 9:00 a.m shift, and I start making deliveries till they want me to go to my lunch break, but if it's so busy sometimes we don't get lunch breaks.
They were so rude, the way they talk to us most of the time and if we make a mistake they didn't care if there where customers inside they were not professionals. Customers could hear what they said and the way they spoke to us with bad words, it was so embarrassing. ( That was my typical day)
Another thing that I didn't t like was that I have to pay for half of my gasoline, use my own car and pay my taxes at the end of the year like if I was a self employer. At the end I ended up looking like I was paid at $5.00 an hour instead $9.00.
Pros
To drive
Cons
No benefits, poor management, no professionalism, not a good pay rate, etc
January 17, 2019

This review was written by a contract driver through a 3rd party vendor and NOT an actual XL Parts employee. Not sure who treated you that way your employer or and XL Parts employee...if it was an XL Parts employee, this is behavior we would not tolerate and I wish you would had been vocal to XL Parts HR department.

Low pay, work to death
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  TXOctober 16, 2018
They won't pay you much... but expect you to do 2 or 3 people's jobs.
They will use you like an animal until you quit or die!
Lots of negative criticism and no positive
Pros
Parts discount
Cons
They expect everything give nothing
January 17, 2019

We start our warehouse employees at $10 per hour and offer you Full time 40+ per week + benefits after 60 day waiting period. Those with some warehouse experience we offer a little more. As for the work, we ask that you pick 150 item per hour. That's a steady pace, it snot super fast but its not slow either. There are times that due to being short handed, we ask a little more of our employees. I don't think that is too much to ask for.

does not hire within. Very little advancement offered.
Store Supervisor/Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2018
Company was great while privately owned but new regime has little time for advancement within and chooses to bring employees from previous employments and very close minded. Treats outside sales Horribly as well as vendors. Employees have turned into numbers instead of a valuable asset.
January 17, 2019

I'll have to disagree with you...XL Parts prides itself on internal promotions. We do not promote based on tenure, we promote based on performance. If you did not get promoted, you feel like you were looked over..then it was probably due to poor performance.

Great for getting the foot in.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2018
Usual days for a warehouse worker was to come in and do inventory. Later in the day a delivery would come in and you would have to put that up while staying organized. The days tend to overlap with each other, but it was never a bad thing. Some day when i would finish my duties I was taught how to be a salesman for the company as well as how to use the system to sell part to customers. They did a good job in teaching people the next step and gave them a path to grow upon
Company is good, management is unprofessional
Parts Stocker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2018
Company provides a fair wage and decent benefits, however the management is unprofessional and tends to play favorites when it comes to issues in the workplace.
Pros
Fair pay, decent benefits
Cons
Job culture is iffy
January 17, 2019

If you feel you are being treated unfairly. Please contact your Area Manger or HR team.

Great company to work for before it got bought out.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX; Humble, TXJune 28, 2018
I loved working there. I was employed with them for 6 1/2 years at one location, and almost 3 years at another location. The hiring managers were cool. New manager came in at both stores and had new rules, which I didn't agree with.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
New manager, new rules
January 17, 2019

As XL Parts grows, processes and procedures will change...hopefully for the better, but we do make mistakes. We have always encouraged employees to speak up. Tell us what you hear, what you see... that is the only way we are going to get better.

Laid back enviroment but can get very fast paced at times
truck/cars parts to mechanic shops (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2018
fun environment not really supervised just make sure you do your job and deliver parts in a reasonable time and also return parts and document them correctly for the customer to get their refund
Pros
You are in your car by yourself
Cons
You pay for your own gas
January 17, 2019

thank you....again I will point out that this review was written by a contract employee through a 3rd party vendor.

na
Vice President of Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMarch 21, 2018
Was a family owned and operated business that we grew to be a 220m operation. Owner decided to sell due to poor health of his wife. Once new company installed their CEO everything changed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XL PARTS. Our community is ready to answer.