XMI Holdings, Inc

XMI Holdings, Inc Employee Reviews in Nashville, TN

The atmosphere may be much too quiet if you have any level of energy. Tends to be a bit cliquish. At least one manager is so friendly with a direct report that they vacation together, lunch together, and spend after-hours together. The location in a historic building downtown is lovely but could use some updating. Office set-up is not ideal for all roles and not conducive to conducting business by telephone. Lunch is a limited selection of restaurants within walking distance that are overpriced because they are down-town. Parking in the garage they own is free, but there is no elevator, so getting in and out for lunch (plus fighting traffic) is a hassle. Yes, they have a kitchen. When you get tired of eating Jimmy John's delivery you can bring your own lunch, but the kitchen is one of the most depressing spots in the entire office. The furniture is leftover scraps that should have been replaced long ago with no windows and dim lighting, so many tend to eat at their desks. It's not a bad place to work as far as the work and the people, but you do have to enjoy a quiet atmosphere and be comfortable with downtown traffic.
Pros
people are nice, pay is good
Cons
depressing physical atmosphere, traffic
XMI is a small business with great stability. It's the type of company that seems to care about it's employees but it has little potential for growth.
My day is ever changing and enjoy working in a competitive environment.
Very busy. Learned many new areas to add to my portfolio. I have learned the federal regulations that go into Payroll, accounting, and human resource areas of an organization. Have learned group sales to add to my individual selling lines experience. The hardest part of my job is sitting in an isolated low lit area all day with out getting up from my desk and the long drive in every day to our office location.The most enjoyable part is I am doing what I love to do as far as my duties and responsibilities.
Pros
love my responsibilities
Cons
long drive
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.