XPAC Employee Reviews

Stay away unless you can't get a job anywhere else
Packer (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILAugust 3, 2019
The company expects you to work your fingers to the bone for a pittance. You are expected to go above and beyond your job description at any cost, and have no say whatsoever in what work you do, even if it's for other divisions at the company. Management is unwilling to invest any kind of money in safety equipment, tools, or maintenance. The roof was leaking into garbage cans and all over the floor in four places by the time I left. The parking lots eat your tires. The equipment is in a constant state of being barely functional. The guys putting up the metal shelves don't have any safety equipment, and if they fall through they are expected to jump back up and keep working. OSHA violations are common and largely ignored. Everything is understaffed. The wooden boxes we get to pack parts in constantly fall apart. Everything is as cheap as possible. Avoid this company at all costs.
the most unprofessional, chaotic environment you will ever see.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILJuly 27, 2019
xpac has a business model that works for them and that's all that matters. they couldnt care less about their employees. I am so serious when i say they couldn't care less. they do not casre about you, your family, your personal life, nothing. they pretend pretty well that they do care, but even if you think for a split second their doing something nice for the employees, they aren't. the have alterior motives for everything. its good for a job if you need to start ASAP and juist get some money between jobs or whatever, but don't get comfortable, its a trap!
Did not like the management. Very unprofessional.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILJuly 22, 2019
Seemed like management thought they were above workers and felt like I was in high school dealing with the snotty high school bullies. Wouldn't go back.
worst management ever
Picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILJuly 18, 2019
Worst management ever, poor pay, and they lay you off on stupid reasons after you have done a lot for their company and they have you do a ton load of work before they let you go and its a fishy process
It was a great experience for me, if you fill that your a hard worker then they will pay not only a great pay. Also you can get bonuses for the hard
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  525 10 ave Milan,ILJuly 12, 2019
It was a great experience for me, if you fill that your a hard worker then they will pay not only a great pay; also yoiu can get bonuses for the hard work that you do...
Low income job
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILJune 21, 2019
Very rude management. Work you death. Very faced passed. Accuse you of hurting yourself on purpose. Dont care about employees safety at all. Not strict.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare is great
Hot and stressful
Cart driver (Former Employee) –  Second buildingJune 19, 2019
I was not a fan of the manual labor that is required at that job. It's not air conditioned and if you have any breathing problems such as athzema you won't last long
Pros
Driving a cart was fun
Cons
Short breaks
Really bad place to work. Unless you're a criminal.
Roofer/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILJune 9, 2019
Do not work there. Bad pay, bad people, bad leads. All around BAD. Might have changed in the years I haven't been there. Still wouldn't recommend it to anyone I care about.
Productive place
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILMay 28, 2019
Productive place to work. Not enough hourly pay for how many hours you work. Fast paced keeps you busy for the day to go by quick. Dress accordingly not a weather controlled environment
stressful, gross, exhausting
Packing (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILMay 13, 2019
Not a very good place to work at due to lack of management caring about employees and the unhealthy environment they let the workers work in. Also some employees don't use proper work etiquette.
Not a truthful company
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Milan, ILApril 9, 2019
1st shift workers are required to be there 4 am to 2:30 pm wether they have work for you or not. Training is incomplete for leads job security. Was told by supervisor I was promoted and receiving a pay increase 3 months ago then again to another position 1 month ago have not seen either raise.
Pros
Some people
Cons
Lies and manipulation
Good working enviorment, steady income no layoffs.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILMarch 25, 2019
Xpac was a very fun place to work they always let you interact with the other employees, as long as you were doing your job and keeping up with production they were cool. Management was always friendly and on a personal basis. You worked 10 hour days with a 20 min. break and a 30 min. lunch. There was always a concern for your safety if you needed help they provided it. It's steady income and i would suggest it to anyone who's in need of a job.
Great CO-workers.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 21, 2019
It's a pretty fast paced job, they pretty much expect you to know everything given the managers there hate training new people. Whatever position you apply for you will not get. I applied to be a machine operator, told them during my interview I prefer not to do weekends because of child care they OK'd everything, ive been a general laborer EVER SINCE I STARTED not what I applied for. Then working 6 days a week is mandatory, on top of that mandatory overtime. you only get Sunday's off....
Pros
Free lunch, paid every week, co workers.
Cons
short breaks, no training, poor managment, workers treated poorly, mandatory overtime and weekends, losing your social life
It was very bad
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILMarch 7, 2019
I was working. At bulding 12. 3 pm 1 am forktruck. I worked there 3 months straight with out missing any days. I seen. At least 20 people quit n the. Supervisor name will. Was not respectfull at all did not care about his employees. He should be fired ............
Pros
Paid every Friday
Cons
Working. With will the supervisor
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILFebruary 27, 2019
Good place to work but when I worked there they don't pay good money..I don't know if they paid good now.we used to work 10 hours a day till Saturday even Sunday when we re busy..it is the company rule we can do nothing about it
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Break is ok
Shipping Lead Person (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILJanuary 31, 2019
they work long hours hot in the summer cold in the winter always about production. I liked my job despite all of this. made production goals. would be great for a first job
Get ready to get dirty
Carton Processor (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJanuary 28, 2019
Its fast paced and dirty. It gets hot in the summer and cold in the winter. The pay is good but the work is relative and hard and the hours are long. Good luck
Legal slaves
wharehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Milan, ILDecember 9, 2018
This is probably one of the worst jobs you can never have when it comes to having no time for anything besides sleeping and working if you have no friends or family this will be the perfect job for you it would be a lot better with a union inside of it
Pros
You get paid
Cons
X-Pac is a pharaoh and we are the Jews the only thing they don't have his whips
Painter
Packer/Painter (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILNovember 30, 2018
A good place to work but pay is not good. They do keep work for you on a dally basis with additional overtime.The co workers are helpful and are cautious about what they do. Safety is a good issue with Xpac
Was a good place to work.
Lead assembler/ Liaison to Cat. (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, ILNovember 27, 2018
I really enjoyed my work at Xpac. Fast paced, good people, clean environment. Plenty of room for advancement. Basically same benefits as Cat employees. A shame it closed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XPAC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9