Xplor Employee Reviews

Great energy while working with the children.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 2, 2019
Xplor Park wood hills location is not ran properly by any means. Staff does not get treated fairly. Management is rude and not caring about staff, parents, and children.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Director
Do not work here!
Assistant pre K teacher (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 1, 2019
Extremely poor management. They stick you in a room with a ton of kids and just leave you alone. You barely get bathroom breaks and have a rushed lunch if they even remember your lunch. I was once stuck in a room with 30+ kids by myself. Xplor is an absolute mess.
Terrible place to work at
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJanuary 12, 2019
managers are racist and show favoritism w/staff. too much drama w/staff and managers that talk about the staff. One kid was actually left outside once
Pros
Cons
Children were fun
Great place
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 17, 2018
Xplor is a great place to work the manager is very understanding and outgoing. The staff is very well managed and accepting of new members and the children are outstanding.
Cons
Hours.
Organized
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 14, 2018
Classrooms are clean and organized. Very on top of keeping things clean and as a result not as many illnesses go through. Learned alot during my time here, like licensing requirements, fun activities. We have days that we dress up, like we wore all pink for Oct. 3.
Pros
2 hour lunch
Fun to work with kids
Pre-K Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Working with children and their families was rewarding but management needed some training. Workplace culture was friendly.The hardest part of the job was transitioning from playtime to lunch time.
Learning work environment
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJune 30, 2018
Educationing of teachers was excellent. I love my relationship with the children in my classroom. I had very supportive parents too. My work hours was never consistent.
Pros
Education opportunities
Nice childcare facility.
Nutrition Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 2, 2018
The staff focuses on education with each child and truly shows compassion. It's a happy place to be and is flexible with scheduling for staff members.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay and hifh healthcare.
Fun, fast paced, and warm environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2018
Working at Xplor allowed me to form strong and caring bonds with my co-workers, and students. It is also a fun environment to learn about new things for not just the students, but staff as well! Field trips during the summer are amazing, and incorporating things that you have learned in life is a great way to bond with the students!
Awesome people to work with and a fun atmosphere
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 26, 2018
The hardest part of the job is managing discipline with the children because parents and management weren't very helpful. The lessons and schedule for the children were very fun and well planned though. The teachers were all very wonderful and friendly which was there best part.
Pros
Friendly staff, good pay
Cons
Not enough structure for children
daycare duties
Assistant Director/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXMarch 20, 2018
watching and teaching children, assisting the director and corproate in daily duties to help keep the facility running, tours for the parents, bus duty
Could be better with the right management
Preschool Assistant Principal (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 13, 2018
My particular location of Xplor was a total mess. I was not only an employee but had my child enrolled while I was working there. The teachers were treated unfairly and their time was frequently abused by a director who only cared about money. The turnover rate was terrible and the director overworked the underpaid teachers because of the horrific number of 'no shows' that happened nearly every day. I was in a management position but was hardly ever supported by the director, which made it impossible to improve things. I did love the kids and parents, but it wasn't worth the stress of having my child swapped around to a different person every day because we couldn't keep teachers. (EVERY employee that quit while I was there explicitly told me they were leaving because of the director.I eventually left for the same reason)

There is SO much potential for this school and it is grossly wasted here. Upper management in corporate was fantastic. The school-age manager is pretty much the only thing they have going for them at this location, though.
Pros
Discounted child care
Cons
stressful work life, underpaid teachers, terrible turnover rate
Fun Job
Pre-K Assistant Teacher/Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2018
I loved working with the children and helping them learn and play. Co-workers were nice and management was good. I would recommend this workplace to others.
Not an example of good childcare
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 22, 2018
Working with children and their families was rewarding but XPLOR is poorly managed and their standards of care do not align with the reality of what happens in the classroom. There is a lot of corner-cutting and chastising or snapping at kids instead of redirection and compassion.
Cons
Minimum hourly pay, poor management
They don’t appreciate teachers
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2018
There is always drama, the management doesn’t care about you. They had favoritism, we did not get paid what we should have. They would even leave us out of ratio. They are fake as press on nails, there a lot of things that went on behind closed doors. The parents pay way too much and there kids aren’t even getting the proper care,food, etc.
Pros
Kids are Awesome
Cons
Low pay, Bad management
friendly people just not enough help
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXNovember 12, 2017
Job is at a high turn over rate. Teachers are not staying long i gear it to poor management and lots of stress and demands from the staff. Staff does not get supplies needed to run the classroom. and not any help from management.
Pros
having fun with children
Cons
not enough time to get things done
Good private preschool
School Age Manager (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXOctober 26, 2017
The families are wonderful. The school had a "family type" environment. Wonderful classroom environment. Strong early childhood curriculum that was age appropriate and started in the Infant room all the way through the school age program
Great childcare
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXOctober 11, 2017
Xplor was one of my first jobs in childcare. From day one I was impressed at the level of care each child received each day. Teacher to student ratios are appropriate, I would bring my own child here!
I loved it
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 3, 2017
I loved the people I worked for. Looking back. I which things were a little different. There was a good support team, the company, Xplor got brought out.
Pros
We were a School Family
Cons
I was in a safe place and was able to take time if I needed it.
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 12, 2017
Challenging school with lots of potential.
Great Curriculum
High turnover with employees and families.
A lot of competition in the surrounding area.
Pros
Great Curriculum
Cons
High turnover rate