XPO Logistics Employee Reviews

Good ole boy system in place for Conway employees
City P&D Driver (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 23, 2018
No benefits for a year and three months micro managed by Tim Murphy the supervisor time dictated by him as well a new employee will receive 6 to 8 a day while Conway employees receive 12 with overtime after 50 they promise a raise after 90 days and benefits don’t fall for the scam you don’t stand a chance
Pros
Easy work weekends off
Cons
No benefits poor salaries for not paying benefits
Client Soultions Specialist
Client Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 21, 2018
The pay could be more for the workload and small team The department turned into a call center. The workload was manageable until many inbound calls came in. I learned a lot to help me transitions to another department if needed. They offer great training. I loved the professionalism and the atmosphere of hard working professional.
Pros
Learnig experience
Cons
Pay
stay away you will regret working here
Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 21, 2018
nothing but EBITDA matters. Not the customer, not the employee, only profit and stock market image, that the spin doctors keep telling investors that XPO is a grat place. ITS NOT.
If you love being micro-managed...this is the job for you!
Material Handler lead (Former Employee) –  OregonJune 21, 2018
I had worked for a logistics company for about 12 years before XPO bought the company out. After that the micro-managing side reared it's ugly head and nothing was ever the same, suddenly no one could make decisions on their own and had to watch helplessly as new management hired on "old friends" from other companies at a much higher pay rate. I finally quit to maintain my moral highground. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone...high stress
Good place to work if you are in need of a job
Dockworker/Lead (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 20, 2018
It is a good place to work if you need a job. Just understand that quality of leadership and work will vary depending on what shift you will work. You may end up working 10 plus hours a day and lunch break is only 30 minutes with a 5 minute grace period. Working conditions can become extreme as you will be outside for for prolonged periods of time. However they do have employee recognition and celebrations for being safe and accident free which is accompanied by a decent spread of food around breakfast or dinner time. For the majority, you will enjoy weekends off unless there is a heavy workload, which in most cases overtime is optional.
Pros
decent pay, little to no work supervision
Cons
Short breaks, different treatment between shifts
Bad place to work
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2018
Most of the time you'll be working 12 hour shifts with only a 30 minute break. And don't be in the bathroom to long or changing your propane tank. Because their watching everything, people quit very often. Cut throat environment, people wont help you if your a male. FAC is ran so poorly its ridiculous, its not safe to walk the dock on that shift. Let alone drive a forklift. People all over the place, freight all over the place. Its a accident waiting to happen. Only thing this company is good for, is getting your cdl. And you have to remain there for 2 years or they want $7000. plus to add you still have to work the dock even as a driver. Overtime starts after 50 hours.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
30 minute break only 12hr shifts
Corporate Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 19, 2018
Seemingly transparent corporate culture. Lots of good things about XPO but a few bad apples can make your life hard. Tons of pressure put on employees to collect money and "make the numbers", can be motivating until you bust your behind and your bonus is next to nothing because one quarter's numbers weren't met from the previous year
Pros
Good leadership
Cons
overwork
Fast Paced
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNJune 19, 2018
Was a start up company, so that was fun. Got to see the warehouse from the beginning to when they shut the doors. Work was fast, cycle counts, quarterly counts only because we had to deal with our companies standards plus our 3rd party standards.
Pros
Team Building Events
Cons
Company being bought out
Fast Pace and exciting
Travel Team Member (Current Employee) –  Union City, GAJune 19, 2018
Exciting place to work. The company allows you to travel to varies sites giving you the opportunity to support and assist in training new teammates and gives you the chance to show off your leadership skills while in the process of learning new ones
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Working at XPO Logistics was very fun.
Dispatcher /Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 19, 2018
Working at XPO Logistics was very fun. It was a fast past environment and I have learned lots of things. I learned great customer service and how to be a team player. I would recommend to anyone working at this company.
It's a Huge Company with a few different areas to work in
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIJune 19, 2018
Overall The company has great potential for a great work environment. They offer different benefits starting off at an entry level. They potential for advancement depends on what area u starting off in
High standards drive results.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAJune 18, 2018
High standards drive results. Regular schedule is four day work weeks of ten hour shifts. Work days will fluctuate to 12 or 13 hours days. There are exceptions to the four day work week. Management and hourly will work five or six days per week on peek season and other qualifying times (audits, visits, corrective action, etc).
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Long work days and no bonuses
Enjoyed the people
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 18, 2018
I liked many of the people I worked with. The company changed from the original entity that hired me. XPO grew extremely fast, but they tried very hard to understand how all the changes affected the employees as they grew.
Pros
People, growing company
Cons
Elimination of positions from company purchases
Driverless bus
Business Development Account Executive (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJune 16, 2018
Leadership believes a long term goal is "skies the limit". No linkage to any long term goal/strategy as noted on the company website within any business unit. Employees are constantly asked to create business plans yet do not know branch or corporate goals.

Additionally, XPO promotes atop down leadership structure with management who leads through threat tactics mostly due to the clear lack of leadership training or credentials for those who hold positions of management.

This is not a learning organization. Company has created a "yes" culture whereby logical thinking about issues preventing success, thoughtful discussion about industry and work environment are substituted for a "do as I say" mentality.
Pros
Insurance-Low premium
Cons
Terrible leadership
A fast paced environment but their is no direction or teamwork everyone is for themselves
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2018
The moral is very low the worst I've seen since I've been here.the management will not communicate between themselves and with the drivers and dockworkers.We use to have picnics and company b q's but now it's been about 2 years
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
No communication from management
Flexible work hours
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 15, 2018
The only perk I enjoy with XPO is flexibility to work any hours I want and remotely at home for 3 days a week. I am able to do this because I have laid the foundation enough for me to gain trust and confidence of management plus the credibility I have gained through the years. Job autonomy is part of the culture but consistent communication should be maintained. I am still waiting for even just a raise and title promotion but it has not happened yet.
Pros
Flexible hours and job autonomy
Cons
Slow promotion
Hardworking workplace.
Logistics Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 15, 2018
Great job security. Opportunity for advancement.
Learned a lot of information from superiors.
Management is good and bad, room for improvement.
Work place culture is really laid back in the two locations I've worked at.
Plenty of work hours and overtime.

The cons being that employees are overworked and locations being understaffed. (Specifically warehouse workers)
Frequent budget cuts leading to no available overtime but understaffed locations are overworked and are left with no choice but to work through overtime anyways.
Average of 12+ hours a day of strenuous physical labor for warehouse employees in a warehouse that is overflowing with too much product.
Working in extreme weather conditions in a work environment with barely any air flow for summertime and no heat in winter.
Pros
Pto, some paid holidays, career advancement, OT hours
Cons
Work through some holidays, long hours, strenuous labor
didnt like working here
Dockworker (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 14, 2018
Some people like it not for everyone. Worked for the company for 5 months then transferred barns. at 6 moths suppose to get raise got screwed out of that. got told i had to start the 6 months over since i transferred. management sucked. never hit over 30 hours i a week.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Miserable Work Enviroment
Carrier Capacity/Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 14, 2018
1/2 of the Tempe office are seeking new employment... Branch President is completely incompetent.
Worst work environment I have ever been a part of.
They will blatantly lie to you about the Job, Culture, and any possibility of opportunity with the company.
This is the TEMPE, AZ Branch.
Pros
Cons
Management is terrible
Work
Senior Carrier Procurement Rep (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2018
I believe that every company has room for improvement. The room for growth is not there. Management has been absent in our LTL group. I enjoy the people I work with. My job can get stressful at times and with no room to catch my breathe, but I enjoy that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XPO Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

62out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at XPO Logistics.