XPO Logistics Employee Reviews

Found 2,402 reviews matching the search See all 3,386 reviews
I was happy with my job.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSSeptember 25, 2018
I thank God for the opportunity to get to know and work with some amazing people. It was more than a job it was a destiny for me . I got the opportunity to meet some great managers.
Fun while it lasted
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2018
At first the Company was a great place to work in but it went through management changes , we were missing leadership and a sense of direction , losing clients and management did not seem to care...
Pros
pay was Ok
Cons
Management lost interest or did not have a sense of lidership
Not a good place to work job is bad business. Management is real rude and not respectful
Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Union City, GASeptember 24, 2018
Bad place to work at Xpo Logistics I learned a lot from co works Not management. They Would let people go for any little thing. The pay is not enough to feed your family. People take risk at that job everyday Management that's been there for 2 years and less don't know nothing.
Pros
Stay away
Cons
Stay away
A bad campus to work at. I know XPO is rated very highly overall but this warehouse has very severe issues.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNSeptember 24, 2018
When I started I was in audit manifesting. The women training me was rude and very hatefull. She acted like I should already know what I was doing. When I asked a question she would roll her eyes at me and huff like it was bothering her. She even said my question was stupid. Realy?
I was not the only OLDER person she treated that way.
Great Company
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXSeptember 24, 2018
This is probably the best company that I have worked for and I have had several jobs in my adult life. The only reason why I am leaving is to handle personal affairs.
Pros
Mon-fri
Cons
Con-way to XPO Transition
Director (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 22, 2018
The transition from Con-way to XPO was a difficult time for the company. Extreme change in management style and culture led to a lot of good people leaving the company and a significant drop in service on the LTL side of the business
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor transition from Con-way to XPO
Material Flow Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 21, 2018
The company is pretty good. Most issues are related to the type of job you are doing (some jobs are just inherently less enjoyable by nature). They are good at letting you seek out other opportunities in the company, which is good since many sites do not have real advancement - that is, each location tends to be pretty lateral in their positions. You can advance, but plan on moving around.
Pros
Decent benefits, good PTO plan.
Cons
HR department is understaffed and hard to reach.
Good company
Phone Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2018
Great opportunity make good career just have try do what is asked be on time stay focused detail is a must my computer skill has increased faster passed has it pros cons
Hostler/Loader/Unloader
Hostler/Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 20, 2018
I'm going to attempt to explain this succinctly, WORK HARD.

Like everyone else, I started out through a temp agency making very little an hour. Once hired on full time, I made a few dollars more an hour, but my pay period went from every week, to every other week. When open enrollment came along, stock options, retirement, medical, and above average dental benefits were added. After a year, only half a dollar an hour raise. That was an insult. Especially since the cost of living goes up more. So don't expect to get merit, or cost of living raises. Expect MANDATORY OVERTIME, 7-day a week work scheduals, changing policies, and write ups. I hear through the grapevine, that XPO is a european owned company. This company is money driven, and 80% or better daily productivity, will ensure you a position through the layoff season each winter. That is approximately 8 trailers a day. A lot of people have issues with their supervisors, or leads, but they forget that they too are under the gun, and have to report to their boss on each worker's performance. Keeping your head down is a good idea, don't make waves, and above all else, be honest if you make a mistake. Watch out for back stabbers, and gossipers. Don't advertise anything you wouldn't want to hear back over a loud speaker. Competition brings out the very best, and the very worse in your fellow workers.
I'm not going to bad mouth XPO, because in my hour of need, I got hired. I have watched supervisors get let go and replaced, because they did not want to conform to policies. So no one is exempt. I have also seen Supervisors
  more... hired from the outside. This company has a high turnover rate. Are there things that go on that are not right? Yes. Inform your lead, supervisor, or human resources dept. of issues, and they send out e-mails to address those issues. Sometimes this takes time to hear back, and more time to resolve.
There are constant technical issues with the computers. They run off wifi and Comcast, so occasionally, LXE's on forklifts, and yard goats, will freeze up. Just part of doing business. Be sure to keep track of all your down time so you can fill out that form. Otherwise it will drag your productivity numbers way down. Keep a CYA notepad incase you report something, and someone drops the ball passing along the messages. Daily shift change meetings are held to inform and encourage productivity. Safety bingo, and safety slogan drawings, are held to help promote safety. The yard truck take a tremendous amount of wear n tear abuse. Four axle trailers and one axle yard goat? Again, it's all about the extra dollar.
Pros
Full Time, benefits, 4 day work weeks
Cons
Mandatory overtime, tiny raises, old equipment (except forklifts)
food
deer valley receiving (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2018
working at XPO was OK but the pay was so low considering what the company brought in. it was a very boring not challenging job i ever had. but all in all i am thankful for the experience
Pros
food
Cons
everything
They do not pay good for inventory
Inventory Control Clerk-Temp (Current Employee) –  Portland, TNSeptember 20, 2018
As above I think inventory is hard and should be paid more. Plus when they want you to come on board from temp service you do not get any more pay, I have never come from temp service full time without a pay increase.
Relaaxed enviorment with occasional peak times
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 20, 2018
I enjoyed this job overall, but due to lack of supervisor knowledge and involvement, I did not feel I had the necessary support system. Issues have been brought to management attention with little to no resolution. Uniformity is not pursued which results in conflict. Expectations were exceeded daily, yet no room for advancement and received minimal pay raise.
Pros
Hours, task diversity
Cons
Management, short lunch, lack of suppot, no room for advancement
Good
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mountain Top, PASeptember 19, 2018
It’s a good job to work it’s very well organized easy to work with others got good people that work there..there’s nothing bad about the job the only problem is a lil drive other than that good company ..good benefits
Do not work at XPO
Freight Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 19, 2018
XPO is numbers driven. That is all they care about. The top guys in management only care about themselves. When things does not go right they fire from the bottom up, as a result good supervisors and employees starting out are fired consistently. Retention is poor.
Pros
Cons
short break, salary and full time employee can only take 30 min lunch. Poor culture, money driven.
Fast paced dock work never a dull moment
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 18, 2018
Some forklift wor some just unloading and loading no time to goof off whatsoever. It is alot of work. Pay is fair and management is pretty nice. You have to stay on the ball because you are expected to unload several trailers a day.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
work in rain sometimes working in heat and cold
xpo
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Management was stressed, but always willing to listen to any issues/concerns you need to address

Need to improve training program

enjoyable part of job was teamwork, kind people always willing to help improve/assist with any issues
Productive workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GASeptember 17, 2018
I enjoyed it. It was consistent work. And easy labor. Relaxed environment and friendly people. Flexibililty and simple task. I would recommend to young men looking for work
Na
Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 16, 2018
The management is very micro managing on some teams and does not help in the advancement of career goals. Benefits are ok but not the best compared to other similar companies
Stressful
Dock Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WASeptember 13, 2018
Very stressful work environment, fast pace have no room for error. Scheduled for 40 hour shift, however expected to work overtime without being asked. Shifts are all micromanaged. Stress levels are high with drivers and freight operators which normally leads to a lot of disagreements and arguments. Excellent safety culture
Pros
Job security
Cons
Micromanagement
Great company
Customer Service Representative/ Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 13, 2018
Laid back job easy work lots best place I have worked for for descent pay. Great team to work with flexible work schedule overtime pay is awesome. Great work with minimal stress.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, minimal stress lots of down time
Cons
Depends on you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XPO Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight