XPO Logistics

Found 5,051 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,286 reviews

XPO Logistics insights

Based on 2,730 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Why settle for learning something new every day when you can learn a ZILLION new things every day!

Featured review

XPO Logistics selected this as a representative review
Many companies claim to be a startup in a Fortune 500 company's body, but that's exactly what XPO is. It's entrepreneurial, but also collaborative. Your colleagues are the smartest people in their respective fields. The compensation is generous, because this is a company that values the importance of people. I can't recommend XPO enough. You have to be the kind of person who LOVES coming into work and solving problems to succeed here. If you don't feel challenged in your job and want to come somewhere where there's a new challenge every day, XPO is the perfect place for you.

Pros

Respectful, everyone's opinion is valued, good compensation, learn something new every day

May 17, 2021
Wow - thank you so much for your comments. We are always striving to be the best, so thanks for your kind words. We're glad you're doing well and we're glad to have you on the team!

Very long hours for competitive meaning average pay and benefits

This job gets old quickly, long hours with below average home time. Old equipment and older facilities. Don’t think they care if the roof leaks. With better pay and benefits it might be worth it but other than that happening I was glad I left

Pros

Overtime after 8 and sometimes hot dogs on a roller

Cons

Everything except the cons

September 21, 2021
We're sorry to hear about your experience with XPO. We take all feedback seriously, so we'll pass your comments along to the senior leadership team.

Ok

Good pay, decent benefits, but long hard hours, and it's never enough. Seniority doesn't mean anything but more vacation days, which you can't even use sometimes because days are full. It's just an ok job.

Pros

Pay, o/t after 8

Cons

burns you out and destroys your body

September 20, 2021
Thanks for sharing your honest feedback, although it sounds like we have some work to do in several areas. Our drivers are critical to our success, so we'll pass your feedback along to senior leadership. In the meantime, we encourage you to reach out to your HR Business Partner so they can help with some of the issues you mentioned.

Nice place to work

It's a nice place to work and the pay is pretty good. Some times the good loads are held for "favorites". But overall all you can make a very good living and be home with your family before sundown.

Pros

Pay, Management and driver appreciation events

Cons

Holding out on high dollar loads for certain drivers

September 20, 2021
We’re always working hard to make XPO a great place to work and improve where we need to. Thanks for sharing the constructive feedback.

Loved my time at Xpo

I enjoyed my time working at XPO. Overall my job had a clear purpose. I was there a long time and had a good run. Great management with lots of support. Great co workers. Great hon security.

Pros

Support from management

Cons

No raises

September 20, 2021
It’s great to hear the good things you had to say about XPO! We’re always working hard to make XPO a great place to work. Thanks for being a part of the team and we wish you all the best in the future.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

No job security. Barely adequate pay

They hire through a temp agency due to two reasons. #1 Work conditions are terrible and the demand on performance is high. The pay is very low and wouldn't be enough to support most family's needs. They moved from California to take advantage of the uneducated workforce in the area. #2 They hire and fire as the needed to complete the parent company's quota for trailers. They do this, knowing when the contract is complete for the year, people will be let go. Which is around December 28 of every year (just after the Christmas party).

Pros

They give pizza once a month for performance. It's cheaper than decent pay.

Cons

The bottom line dictates every aspect of the company.

September 20, 2021
We're sorry to hear about your experience with XPO. We always want to provide a positive work environment for our team members. We'll forward your review to our senior leadership team.

Typical Logistic Industry Company

It's okay... You have long work hours, no flexibility with start or end times, not a lot of ability to move up, decent pay, inconsistent job schedule,

September 20, 2021
We value your feedback – thanks for letting us know how we can be better.

Large Company, Lots of Industry Bandwidth, Needs Company Culture Improvement

The company offers comparable benefits; 401k, PTO, health/vision, etc. Though, regardless of constant commission restructuring and lack of direction from management, there is and continues to be significant growth as a company.

Benefits

Cons

work/life balance, salary, commission structure

Fun productive workplace

I loved the pay and people i was there for temp so I wasn’t there for that long but while I was there I made almost 1200 a week and the work was good. Only this is they’re strict on phones and you work 12 hour shift.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Hours

September 20, 2021
We appreciate your feedback - thanks for taking time to leave a review. We wish you all the best in the future.

Decent place, good benefits, poor work/life balance

This is a decent place to work, the benefits are good, most of the people on your peer level and immediate management are good as well. The problem is in work/life balance. They run as thin as possible leaving nobody backing up positions and that leads to many hours and stress. Checking emails constantly, working during off days, vacations, etc.

Pros

Good pay, good benefits.

Cons

Poor work/life balance

September 16, 2021
Thanks for your review. XPO is a hard-working company, but we also believe in a healthy work/life balance. We're investing heavily in our recruiting efforts right now to add more team members. We'll also share your feedback with senior leadership. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to XPO!

Jobs at XPO Logistics

See more jobs

Consistent and easy work

Dockworker Part time is 4 hours a day Monday - Friday. Bassicly drive the Forklift around for the shift untill all the feight is unloaded and reloaded in proper trailers.

Pros

Proper covid safety precautions taken, forklift does all the work

Cons

No breaks, short hours

September 16, 2021
We really appreciate you taking time to leave a review for us. Our dockworkers are critical to our success, so thanks for being part of the team!

Great People to Work With

The best part of the job is the great people there. Everyone works toward a common goal and helps each other out. XPO has been extremely accommodating during the pandemic. They provided PPE where needed and allowed work-from-home for those where it makes sense. There is no push for people to do more than they are comfortable doing. There is also strong encouragement to obtain vaccines, although not a mandate.

Pros

Culture of Compliance

Cons

Not the best employee stock purchase plan I've ever seen, but at least they have one.

September 14, 2021
Thanks for your feedback - we really appreciate it. We'd have to agree that our people are fantastic at XPO - we're really proud of our team members. Thanks again for your review and thanks for your contributions to our success!

Easyest job ive had

If you have ever worked in a warehouses as a palletizer and hated the how fast heavy and oddly shaped the boxes are then this may be the job 4 u with the same small light boxes coming down a conveyer so slowly that you can go take a 1 hour lunch with it running get back and be caught up in 15 minutes some of the lazyest people i know still work here have i have yet to hear a complaint about work.

Pros

Super EZ

Cons

I dont think thay are still doing things like this

September 13, 2021
We appreciate your feedback - thanks for taking time to share your thoughts and comments.

Great benefits, Pay was decent, Management was okay,

XPO is a great job if you don't have a family. The pay and benefits are good with regular raises. Be aware that dock workers do not get regular overtime pay and you will be asked to work mandatory overtime. I was not told this when I was hired. Although most of the company is not union, all non-management positions are on a union style bid system for shifts and vacation time. Depending on which department you are in and how long your coworkers have worked for the company, it may be very difficult to change shifts or get vacation time in the summer or around the holidays.

Pros

Good pay and benefits.

Cons

If you don't have seniority you won't get the shift or the time off that you want. that

September 10, 2021
Thanks for sharing your review. We take all feedback seriously, so your input will help us as we continuously improve XPO. We wish you the very best in the future.

Relaxed place to work, Training was not organized, employees always late to open office

No organization 3 people working on the same issue Training was passed on to whoever was there to helpRotating days offCustomers hold time was ridiculous

Pros

Friendly, Nice Bosses, Relaxed work environment

Cons

Customers and drivers were not always first, organization was not a topic

Non

Don’t waste your time there they treat you horrible. You get hired for a position and then they put you in a different position. Never once did I work the hours I was promised.

September 10, 2021
It's disheartening to hear about your experience with XPO. We strive to create a positive work environment for all employees. Thanks for your honest feedback - we'll pass this along to senior leadership.

Draining work environment

Working for Xpo was a decent experience but the management for my department always seemed off. The supervisor seem to be more worried about the job than the people who worked for them. Very demanding in my personal opinion, forklift drives were reprimanded for simply getting off the lift to have a simple conversation in their down time.

September 10, 2021
Thanks for your feedback, although we're sorry to hear about your experience. We'll share your comments with our management team.

Home daily. Night shift is better than day shift.

Decent pay at night shift (Linehaul) day shift is not great though. Could barely afford a decent lifestyle and take care of my family while saving money. Some really great coworkers and very helpful all around trainers. FAC management could be better. Almost feel like a prisoner because some XMI supervisors want to hold drivers hostage so they can go home early. Great place to start and have a home life while trucking. I would recommend trying it if your just getting started.

Pros

Nigh shift (Linehaul) pays well

Cons

Day shift is for the birds.

September 9, 2021
We appreciate your comments and insights. We take all reviews seriously and use constructive feedback to continuously improve our organization. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

I loved my time at XPO logistics

The only thing I did not enjoy was the mandatory over time but the money was great so it was a good win win in my opinion. There are aloe of employees that come and go but the ones that stay are great

September 8, 2021
Thanks for your comments and feedback - we really appreciate it!

Poor management they dont care about you

Just don't do it they don't care about you they pick favorites and no room for advancement. Miserable place to work. I barely get to see my kids during the week

September 8, 2021
We're sorry to hear about your experience. Our team wants to make sure we have a great work environment. We encourage you to speak with your HR Business Partners so they can help with solutions for these issues.

Great place to work but don’t expect any advancement

Great hourly people bad management to many chiefs not enough Indians the Gm micro manages everything from taking out the trash to using the restroom lol

Pros

The atomosphere

Cons

Lack of trust from management

September 9, 2021
Thanks for taking time to write a review. Your feedback will be passed along to our management team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XPO Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.6K
1.7K
1.8K
1.4K

Women's ratings

3.9Fairygodboss Score

79%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

64%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss