XPO Logistics

XPO Logistics Employee Reviews

United States4,601 reviews
Found 4,601 reviews matching the search
Featured review
XPO Logistics selected this as a representative review
I've worked here over a year. If you are interested in an exciting, growing and innovative company and willing to do your part to win as a team, XPO Less-Than-Truckload is for you! Very competitive hourly and salaried compensation and benefits. Many dockworkers have advanced their careers and moved up into freight supervisor and even district manager roles. New training programs have rolled out to help new employees succeed in their roles. CEO caring about employees - often engages with employees and acts on employee feedback to continue enhancing and growing the organization.
March 5, 2020
Thanks for your honest feedback and your contribution to our success. We appreciate it.
Great place and people just time to move on looking for more and benefits it's just time to move and find something better and more located closer to home base
Pros
Weekly pay nice people
Cons
Not worth pay for the hrs and time gone
The favoritism here is strong, if you're not in their click, you get the end of the stick. They don't give you two 15 min. breaks, just a 30 min lunch even though you work 10 or more hours, and god forbid you stop some place that's not a stop on your route to grab something to eat, they fire you and tell you, "You are stealing company time". No lie, they treat you badly. Only good thing is the pay, but after a while, you realize, its not worth the aggravation
Pros
Pay
Cons
Every else besides the pay
Great place to work from the beginning to end I really enjoyed this place here,had to leave because of outside of work issue so overall I would definitely work their again.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
The pay was really good and it is a weekly paying job, the whole time you're busy working on a slip but the management is not the best and they don't really talk to the employees.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Job seekers rely on your experience.
My time at xpo was ok. Made pretty good money but then you will miss out on family things during the week and if you work nights your life is pretty much gone. It's a revolving door between dock workers and drivers prolly went thru over 1500 people since they opened up lasalle. People even quit during the videos you have to watch for the first week how bad is that. And if your a pretty girl you might get a "special" meeting upstairs
Pros
Money
Cons
Long hours, no life, high turnover
Good, not a lot of heavy lifting. Bad, we never sit or rotate very little. Always standing for 8.+ out of touch with us.

We are made to kit a large number of kits. Which is that if we reach a number, the more kits made the bigger commission pay. It’s all about how much someone can get
Pros
Free Dinners, birthday gifts free
Cons
Low pay, no vacation pay or sick pay. Just PTO
It’s too much for one person to do 4 different things for little pay. I load the trucks by hand in very hot trucks, sort merchandise and make tags and I only get paid $15.25/hr which is little pay to all that. Plus I’m getting over heated by loading the trucks by myself.
Its not the worst LTL company to work for, but only because its slightly better than the worst. The pay is is at the bottom compared to other LTL companies and they constantly charge your schedule. The turn over is high and management will never thank your hard work. Also dont expect a warm meal for Thanksgiving or Christmas
It only recently started paying ok but the pay could be better for the job we drive fork trucks that could kill people I have never hit anyone or even come close to it I don’t damage property and I run circles around everyone elts there. Yet because I haven’t been there as long as others I don’t get paid what I am worth. Story of my life all because I am not a super social butterfly I get pooped on be people I have more skill in my pinky than the people at here.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
It’s a job
It is a good and balanced work place. You will grow and develop a lot of experience and meet great employees who as well will teach and learn from others as well
The management was extremely cliquey and didn’t seem to care about employees and their well-being. Orientation made it look like a wonderful place to work, almost too perfect. Within a couple of days of first becoming employed, they said they were enforcing mandatory overtime of 11 hours a day. Breaks are too short, takes half the break just to get to the break room. Got locked out of my work account within the first day and couldn’t fix it.
Pros
Somewhat decent pay
Cons
Rude management, too much walking, too long of work days
Management straight up doesn't care. Don't work here as a driver if you have family or even like to sleep as it's like swing shift the first 6 years. They start you out on Flex, say everything is by sonority but they call people in to work dock super early so you can't run and then have brand new drivers run instead if they don't call them in too. You loose $100 to $200 every time they do this. You complain to cooperate and that does NOTHING. They tell you policy is this but can't show you it in the handbook. Things change daily, sometimes in the next breathe or manager you talk too (sometimes with the same manager you just spoke with to clarify something). Then senior drivers turn and burn as fast as they can. They don't care if drivers with less sonority are stuck at that terminal and burn their 16. They expect you to help them and then leave you in the dust. There's no kind of cohesion or comradery there.

Their own HR quit mid shift. It is a mess. The night shift manager diverts runs so he can have his flex dock workers be highly paid dock workers. They NEED dock workers but they just use flex instead so other terminals have to pay their drivers to deliver loads instead of their flex workers.

If you work here don't complain or admit anything to other workers. It's like high school where they tattle to the principle to try and get special treatment. There's people that do horrible things where you scratch your head and wonder how they can still work there and then there's people that get fired in a he said/she said nonsense.

Then there's discrimination by management
 - more...
Pros
pay, insurance, vacation
Cons
management, pay, no set rules or they don't follow their own handbook
The past 3 months I was there I learned alot from there, and it made me took my forklift experience to the next level. It was always exciting and fun to go in ready to work because of how the people are.
I have been working here for 4 months and since i started i noticed the company going down hill. They are extremely unorganized, give you stacks of paperwork to do while upper supervisors and managers play around and talk all day. On top of that they only pay $14 an hour biweekly, but expect you to do all the work at their pace. This is one of the worst jobs i have ever had and will be leaving asap. Please do yourself a favor and do not apply.
Pros
Cons
Everything is terrible here
I've never worked in a place where you are expected to work with so many people who have absolutely no idea how to perform their job. Internal promotions are unheard of and outside hiring demoralizes the employee base on a regular basis
It’s too much favoritism. I been working here for four years. I have never been picked for employee of the month. If they wanted numbers they called on me because I was one of the fastest.
The managers don’t respect their employees

They don’t understand that we are human not robots

They tried firing when I was pregnant. I never received my last paycheck
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Favoritism
If you work at one of these facilities, warehouses in particular, be ready to work. I like to work so I liked my job. I was given the chance to better myself at the facility I was at, so I took advantage of the opportunity and did just that. I enjoyed working with the majority of my coworkers and my management. Made a lot of friends bot coworker and management personell again.
Pros
Was able to put in as much OT as I wanted, for the most part.
Cons
Long hours over the holidays
July 7, 2020
It’s great to hear the good things you had to say about XPO! We’re always working hard to make XPO a great place to work. Thanks for providing your review.
LTL environment. Gave that place 12 years. I now wait on my Social Security Disability. I can tell you, if it seems like management doesn’t care about you, it’s because they don’t. If your not in the inner circle, save yourself the effort and quit. If you decide to stay, make management document everything no matter how bad their attitude is about it. My last days there my health involving my disabled veteran status took a turn for the worse. attempted to ask senior leaders for assistance, I’ve never been more degraded in my life. Protect yourself
Pros
Cons
HR and other senior leaders will laugh and make fun of you if you attempt to address a problem
July 7, 2020
We're sorry to hear that you had this experience. We take comments regarding mistreatment and even discourtesy very seriously. We encourage you to report your concerns to the XPO Ethics Hotline at 1-800-638-1486.
It is a great place to work if you want to advance in the logistics field and there thankful thursday are truly morale boosters. The point system I think is not good.
Pros
The Thankful Thursdays are morale boosters
Cons
The point system is not fair.
It was a great job at Xpo logistics Disney, I was a temp and won employee of the month. After being there a year I got sick with the flu and missed days of work. I called in everyday like I should have and they let me go.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at XPO Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.
1.4K
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight