XPO Logistics Employee Reviews

Found 2,548 reviews matching the search See all 3,616 reviews
A means to end decent pay
HR Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GANovember 19, 2018
Lacks leadership and employee development many complaints are hidden or not resolved... the HR department lacks guidance which hurts the employees. There is much potential but management needs training and communication flow through the chain from top to bottom and bottom to top is stagnant.
Terrible place to work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 19, 2018
Do not work for the 3811 Dixon st branch. Used to be Jacobson transportation. You will regret it.. managers are incompetent and do not care about you at all. Unless you are a brown nose your direct supervisor will not acknowledge you as a person..unless you make a mistake of course. The co worker environment is toxic, its like working with a bunch of 14 year old girls. Everyone is always talking about someone behind your back and people are always looking to tell on you to management for anything so they look better. Please for your own sake if you are reading this do not work here.
Poor Management no vacation time
Outbound Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GANovember 16, 2018
No room for advancement and under paid. You will never get your raises on time. There's a lot of favoritism at this location and everyone wants to be the boss.
Fun place to work
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 16, 2018
I miss working their. Was one big family, we moved as a unit, managers was great, u could talk to them about anything, any concerns, personal life situations. Cons is working out in the cold for long hrs, and it's no set time to go home, and overtime was after 50hrs.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Benefits sucked
Good Work environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CANovember 16, 2018
Great work environment. No issues. Excellent employees. Just wish I had more support from upper management. Workplace culture is excellent. The hardest part of the job is the schedule.
Pros
Work life balance.
Not a fun place to work
Logisitics, Packer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2018
Very boring, not allowed to wear jogging pants or sweat pants (only pregnant women), managers are very rude, and leads don't know how to properly treat people and talk to them with respect.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Just about everything else
idk
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCNovember 15, 2018
i dont know much i didnt work here that very long. The hours were long and the manager blamed the new people if their was a problem. But wouldnt help out.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Good Company
Freight Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MINovember 15, 2018
XPO Logistics was a good company to start out at after college. They paid very well for new graduates and positioned you to develop your career going forward. Depending on where you were placed, you may have had better development than others. I was placed in a great building with a leader who wanted his people cross trained and promoted. I am grateful for that. Some negatives are that upper management doesn't know what direction to take the company. It focuses on one thing for a couple weeks and realizes it's hurting other aspects of the operations so they change their focus. This made it very difficult as a supervisor/manager to set expectations that aligned with company standards because we didn't know what the company wanted on a weekly basis. The pay was great as a college grad but when you get promoted, you are penalized for being young and are paid far less than people doing the exact same job as you. Overall, it was a great company to start my career and I'm happy I was able to gain the experience I did going forward.
Pros
Career Development/Advancement
Cons
No company direction and pay for promotions structured poorly
Not bad.
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 13, 2018
If you put in the work this place can be very rewarding. Pay is good considering surrounding location. Team effort is huge here, help people around you and don't be afraid to ask for help.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Late nights
feel left out
driver (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHNovember 13, 2018
need to talk more to drivers and higher up folks need to talk more to the drivers do not get sick or else matrix will deny deny and deny no matter what
Pros
good money
Cons
dont get sick
Very productive place of business
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GANovember 13, 2018
I would recommend this company to any and everybody . This company brings you on and gives you the ability to grow. It makes you want to come into work. The knowledge and experience from others will help you gain what you need to succeed in life.
Na
Software Engineer 2 (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 13, 2018
Normal work life with challenges periodically, but great backlog in using advanced technologies, so there might be chances you will go backward with current technologies
Fun work
Labeler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2018
It was fun work easy work fast pace I got along with everyone in they pay good.only thing was me getting there when it was traffic to Franklin park.but easy work
Pros
Good pacr
Cons
Short break
Pay good if you're 18
Inventory (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 12, 2018
I guess it's a decent job if you're 18 or 19 and max pay is like $10 a hr and you no bills or kids I guess you can make a living. Now I'm just writing words for that 150
Picker/Packer
Picker (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GANovember 12, 2018
I really enjoy doing the work I get chance to take my time and make sure the work is done right. The job can challenging sometimes but I still did my best to make sure the customers was satisfied.
Worst job ever!
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 12, 2018
I would not recommend this company to anyone. The work load was tremendous and the pay was low. The boss was a tyrant and pitted the employees against each other on purpose. This place nearly put me in the hospital for exhaustion and stress. I have never worked for a company that made me feel so poorly about myself before. I started having trouble sleeping and the Sunday night anxiety was awful. There is no room for advancement here and the pay is so low.
Never Work Here
Accountant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 12, 2018
The worst place I have ever worked. The people I worked with were great in my department. But outside of my Dept they were sharks. Management was extremely arrogant and incompetent of managing people. No raises, no feedback on performance except for the telling you what you did wrong. High school culture existed daily...very fast paced...long, long hours with no comp time except for the favorites of management.
Very good hours, not very hard work
material handler (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNNovember 11, 2018
Most people are friendly, hours can be good depending on the time of the year, but you can always work 40 hours a week if u want. Work pace is usually not too bad, and work isn’t very hard at all. Insurance is provided every year when enrollment is available.
Pros
Get an hour in breaks, easy work, decent pay, good hours
Cons
Certain employees and managers
Not a job if you have a family
International Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCNovember 11, 2018
XPO could be great if management was better. One manager at the Moncks Corner site all he does is sit outside and smokes cigarettes an is not very pleasant. The site manager doesn’t have a clue of what’s going on he’s just a puppet. The hourly people are cool but anyone who has a position with power they don’t know how to handle pressure.
Pros
Cool people to work with
Cons
Healthcare sucks, pay sucks, management sucks
Poorly managed
Wouldn't you like to know (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 11, 2018
"Leadership" keeps changing course. Don't train managers effectively. They just assume you should know everything. When results of poor management impacts the bottom line, they cut heads to try and make up the difference but still won't go back to identify and fix the root cause of the poor results. Hire executives with no transportation background at all. No accountability for middle or upper management. All they do is talk, but then there is no action.
Pros
n/a
Cons
what's to like?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XPO Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at XPO Logistics.

Powered by Comparably