XPO Logistics

Found 5,441 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,886 reviews
logisticsdockdriverconwaywarehousefreightltlovertime

Incredible company

Featured review

XPO Logistics selected this as a representative review
XPO is my first real job, and I couldn’t be more fortunate and thankful. Getting hired, started/set up, and trained was pretty flawless. I received paid training since Day 1, the pay is fair, and once you become an employee, you become eligible for great benefits, bonuses, and raises. It’s independent work in my position, which I love, and everyone is generous and kind-hearted when it comes to what you need. You accrue paid time off to use for any short-term situation, and no one questions you about it. XPO has become my second family, and even though it is not the job I imagined after receiving a college degree in Community Health, I feel accepted and valued enough to where I want to stay working for them. We are told almost daily how much the supervisors appreciate all that we do, and there are very few interactions that don’t end with a “Thank You”. XPO is built on an exceptional foundation of diversity, inclusion, camaraderie, acceptance, and great work ethic. Absolutely love my job.

July 7, 2022
Thank you for sharing this wonderful review with us! We're delighted to hear that you feel supported, accepted and valued. That is exactly the culture we aim to provide to all employees. We appreciate your hard work and contributions to our success and we hope you're with us for many years to come!

Not a good place to work for

If you want a normal job this it definitely not it, HR will push you away managers don’t care about your problems or the issues you have , you will be better off talking to a wall.

October 5, 2022
We’re committed to creating a work environment that’s safe, supportive, inclusive and respectful; one that always recognizes the hard work and contributions of everyone. We appreciate you sharing your feedback and thanks for letting us know how we can be better.

XPO Logistics insights

Based on 4,156 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

great place to work

There is lots of opportunity to grow, great benefits, and a great work environment. If you are diligent and put in effort, you will build a customer base and get by.

Pros

health benefits, earnings, work environment

Cons

low base

October 4, 2022
It’s great to hear the good things you had to say about XPO! We’re always working hard to make XPO a great place to work.

Favoritism

This would be an ideal place to work if management didn’t choose to overload the good workers and give the lazy workers the easiest jobs. If you are good at your job just prepare to be given more responsibility and more headaches than a lazy worker who is making the same amount of money as you. If you’re ok with that, then this is your place to work.

Over worked

Many hours of unappreciated work on a cold dock. Didn't matter what you knew, only if upper management liked you. Not consistent with expectations and unable to properly train.

October 4, 2022
Thanks for sharing your review. We take all feedback seriously, so your input will help us as we continually improve XPO. We wish you the very best in the future.

The people are great to work with but equipment needs to be better maintained

Too often equipment is not up to DOT standards, causing drivers to risk points against their CDL. Defects are often ignored and not repaired. Reporting defects on a pre-trip or post-trip does nothing to get equipment repaired. Future plans will have trip reports visible to mechanics so equipment brought in for PMS will automatically get defects repaired. Currently however, defects get verbally reported to a dispatcher who writes it on a whiteboard for repairs. Often times it does not get written on the whiteboard and and only gets repaired after other drivers have complained. If you ask for a different truck, one may not be available due to equipment shortage. If too many trucks are taken to the shop, it makes it harder for dispatch to cover all loads. Therefore, dispatch is often reluctant to get repairs done.

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Equipment is not as well maintained as it should be

October 4, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback. XPO has a culture of continuous improvement. Your honest review will help us improve and be the best place to work. We’re very grateful for your feedback and wish you the best in your future.

okay company

They pay you well, but they are short on drivers, so you will be all over the board as to what you are doing day to day. The work is not for someone who wants to sit in the cab and do nothing, you will be chaining down things on a flatbeb to pulling a box truck and unloading it. Never a dull moment.

October 3, 2022
Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences.

I wouldn’t reccomend this job

Drama filled high school esque environment, if you like a bunch of old people on forklifts yelling at you and sometimes pretending to hit you while walking down the dock then this job is for you. You might get pulled into your bosses office every other day getting asked about problems that don’t concern you which is draining. Was told by my boss we can’t afford to lose you then was fired the following week during customer appreciation week if that goes to show how much XPO will care about you. Wouldn’t recommend the job to anyone.

Pros

Cons

Drama, Lies, Dangerous

September 30, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We’re committed to creating a work environment that’s supportive, inclusive and respectful. We take comments regarding mistreatment and even discourtesy very seriously. We encourage you to report your concerns to the XPO Ethics Hotline at 1-800-638-1486.

Very unethical company and horrible senior management

The drivers work hard and the CSR's are awesome. Management, Human Resources, and support resources assist in fraud, dishonest managers, and retaliatory behavior. The environment is toxic and safety comes second to numbers with employee injuries a common occurrence. Management will lie and terminate if you make a complaint. If you accept a position please audio record any interaction and document names, times, and details. You will need it! Good luck.

September 30, 2022

Work hard and don't mess up

Got my CDL through their school, which was substandard and I feel didn't reflect on the actual job itself, more just a prep to get the CDL itself. Day shift bottom means you're on the flex board and you could come in as early as 8AM or as late as 2PM. Very male dominated environment. Immediate supervisors are weak and do not provide the support needed, especially as a new driver, you get more from your peers than anything else. Terminal manager will go to bat for you, but in most cases it shouldn't have to go that far to get something done.

Pros

Great pay, long hours if you're looking for a good paycheck.

Cons

Bad work life balance and direct management is a joke.

September 30, 2022

Former contractor for xpo logistics

Xpo has never paid settlements correctly. Any money they owe you for work completed or money promised for bailing them out of their endless issues is never paid. My advice to any contractor or business owner is to never sign a contract with xpo. Whatever money you think you will make is not gonna happen. Stay away from xpo unless you enjoy headache after headache

Good Pay Long Hours

You are basically a travel docker worker xpo nothing more I can say. Benefits are pretty decent weekends off. So if you’re a family person this would be a good fit for you.

September 28, 2022

Great pay

The hours may be long but this is what I signed up for and everything I had expected. The people are great at being helpful and helping you if you have questions and will always help you succeed .

September 26, 2022
We really value your feedback – thanks! We’re thrilled that you enjoy working at XPO.

Lambs to the slaughter

Took an OM job with them. PIP'd when I didn't play ball with their shady claims practices or endorse their toxic good old boy atmosphere. Total disregard for personal life - company culture expects you to embrace an unfathomable level of workaholism Great fancy perks like company car, work from home, etc, don't let it fool you. If you can't resist and want to do it as a career stepping stone, just be ready to play a brutal corporate political game on top of everything else. Nobody will look out for you so look out for only yourself.The entire system is designed to fail, and it fails like clockwork. When it does you are the whipping boy to put it mildly. Every few quarters an executive will clean house in 'underperforming' markets and a few bad apples are blamed for a system that can never result in happy customers and strives only to protect the bottom line

Pros

Resume booster, perks, pay if you play the game right and know your value

Cons

Literally everything else

September 27, 2022
At XPO we’re committed to creating a work environment that’s supportive, inclusive and respectful. We take comments regarding mistreatment and even discourtesy very seriously. We encourage you to report your concerns to the XPO Ethics Hotline at 1-800-638-1486.

Permanent work

Bit of advancement but not much. Generally left to do own work.Hardly any input from manager however, and no extra training or advancement offered despite asking for it several times.Hardly any pay raise and wages woeful compared to work I was doing. If you're just starting work, it's a good place to gain experience in Warehousing and Logistics but then move on.

Managers are terrible.

I worked here for 16.5 years and lie more than anything and they don't care about there hourly employees. The is that you have a job to go to. The bad is where do I start there is no support for the hourly employees and HR or your direct manager cares about anything that affects you all they care about is the bottom line that's it.

Pros

Pay is good after 3 years

Cons

Leadership is TRASH

September 23, 2022

Pay is ok

Can't get hourson days and nights are hard no life outside work nights you work between 14 and 16 hours a day and days you work 5 because it's seniority based

Pros

Pay

Cons

No life

September 21, 2022

Good-Ability to learn new things. Bad-can be turnover.

Overall, good company to work for. Some facilities seem to have a high turnover. Fast-paced environment, which I find to be energizing. Ability to learn new things.

September 20, 2022
We strive to offer our employees careers that they can be proud of. Thanks for the feedback and for letting us know how much you enjoy working with XPO!

Pretty good place to work

Not a bad place to work at all. I'm a DSR for linehaul and even though its got its ups and downs overall I'm satisfied with how everything is going. Pay is decent and I've gotten used to working nights so it's not bad at all. Management is laid back and understanding so that's a plus.

September 20, 2022

Decent job

I like the job but they make you start on nights and that’s an issue for most. Secondly if you do go to days it’s a pay cut because you don’t get as many hours as the Linehaul (night) drivers. So ultimately your forced to decide to either give up you normal live or the money.. lastly you will work on the dock and it’s in a uncontrolled environment so if it’s freezing outside it’s gonna feel like Alaska on the dock. Mostly do 2–6 hours on dock and that depends on how far you drive (on nights) pay max 32.50 after first year

September 19, 2022
Thank you for sharing your review. Your honest feedback helps us improve as we strive to make XPO a great place to work.

Ok good enough

Ok good enough for you to get the stuff done and mobile home for the weekend and then we can get it done in the morning just let us get it done in the morning and let us know when you get there at the end of this morning and let me know when you get there and if you're not going with the plan

September 19, 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XPO Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight