XPO Logistics

Found 5,169 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,482 reviews

XPO Logistics insights

Based on 2,941 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Why settle for learning something new every day when you can learn a ZILLION new things every day!

Featured review

XPO Logistics selected this as a representative review
Many companies claim to be a startup in a Fortune 500 company's body, but that's exactly what XPO is. It's entrepreneurial, but also collaborative. Your colleagues are the smartest people in their respective fields. The compensation is generous, because this is a company that values the importance of people. I can't recommend XPO enough. You have to be the kind of person who LOVES coming into work and solving problems to succeed here. If you don't feel challenged in your job and want to come somewhere where there's a new challenge every day, XPO is the perfect place for you.

Pros

Respectful, everyone's opinion is valued, good compensation, learn something new every day

May 17, 2021
Wow - thank you so much for your comments. We are always striving to be the best, so thanks for your kind words. We're glad you're doing well and we're glad to have you on the team!

Not too bad. Good Money & PTO.

Earn good money, lots of overtime, and can use PTO to leave early or call out. The work wasn't bad. Management were ok. Just make sure your doing your work and doing it properly and correctly and you won't get fired.

Pros

Pay, Light Work, Spontaneous free lunch, Pto

Cons

Excessive overtime

January 20, 2022
Thanks for sharing your insights about working at XPO. We're glad you had a great experience and wish you all the best moving forward.

Great place to work and succeed!

Former 6 plus year employee that came back to XPO last year August 2021 and couldn’t have made a better decision! I truly love my job, my team and this company! I’ve never worked for a CEO that truly cares and values what his employees think and have to say the way ours does. He listens and will let you know that you have been heard even if he doesn’t have all the answers and that right there speaks volumes!

Pros

the teamwork, support from management, positive changes that are made everyday to improve job satisfaction, affordable benefits, room for growth in my career, and the opportunities are endless!

Cons

We have some staffing shortages due to Covid but right now that’s an issue anywhere you go.

January 21, 2022
We appreciate this wonderful review - thank you for taking time to share your insights! We're definitely fortunate to have an engaged CEO and leadership team who value what employees have to say. Thanks again for your comments and your hard work, dedication and contributions to the success of XPO!

Ok job but lacks on a lot of things

Overall I wouldn't go back. The place is outdated, they don't really pay attention to what's going out on the dock which results in a big turnover rate. I've seen it too many times. The Mundelein location at least. Too many people getting disrespected by management.

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Outdated, lack of care for employees

January 19, 2022
Thanks for your feedback, although it's definitely hard to hear. We strive to create a great work environment for everyone. We'll pass your comments along to the senior leadership team so that we can work on the areas you mentioned.

Stay away from XPO in fridley mn

When I was started I was very excited because they pay was very good along with weekly paychecks. But during the first two weeks I was there I realized how unorganized and how poorly managed the facility was. In my year there I saw 6 other fos leave and had 3 service center managers. There was never any clear or defined expectations. No teamwork throughout the shifts. No one wanted to work to make it better. The upper management is so poor there. Favoritism is killing that facility. If your looking for a new job or a job in LTL I would highly recommend going to Old Dominion, Dayton freight, or somewhere else. Because XPO is a company that will pay you an inflated salary and have you work 70 hours a week with no care for your mental or physical well being.

Pros

Inflated salary

Cons

Pretty much everything there. Stay away from the Minnesota locations.

January 19, 2022
It's disheartening to hear about your experience with XPO. We take all feedback as an opportunity to learn and improve, so we'll share your comments with the senior leadership team.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

N/a

A typical day at work was always great, a lot of challenges.I learned so much about the trucking industry that I never knew.Management was patient, understanding and Outstanding.The hardest part of the job was being laid off due to Covid 19

January 18, 2022
It’s great to hear the wonderful things you had to say about XPO! We’re always working hard to make XPO a great place to work. Thank you for your feedback.

Productive and Fun. Learned new things often. Flexible. Opportunity for advancement. Work as much as you want. Always approved PTO.

I had a very supportive manager that was very understanding and truly cared for the employees. That alone makes working for a company worth while. I started during a start up so it was a very demanding job but I was able to witness major progression over the years.

Pros

Bonuses, Work as much as you want. Time off when needed.

Cons

Huge turnover in managemnt

January 18, 2022
Thanks for letting us know about your great experiences at XPO. We appreciate your comments and feedback.

Great place to work with great pay and benefits

Xpo is a wonderful company to work for, I have been employed with them for one year. You can make 100k+ a year working here without having a college education.

Pros

Great pay, benefits

Cons

Split shift at my location

January 19, 2022
Thanks so much for this wonderful review. We're so glad to have you on the team - keep up the great work!

Good pay.

Xpo pays pretty good. Schedule always changes, dock workers looked down upon by management. If you work here as a dw, just till something better comes along.

January 17, 2022
We're sorry to hear about your experience. We’re committed to creating a work environment that’s safe, supportive, inclusive and respectful; one that always recognizes the hard work and contributions of everyone. Please speak with your HR business partner to discuss potential solutions. If you would like to report your concerns, you can contact the Compliance Office at Ethics@xpo.com, call our whistleblower hotline at 800-638-1486, or respond on xpo.ethicspoint.com.

Laid back

Very boring. No sense of ambition it was show up at work and clock in and clock out. Nobody was around to explain anything just assume that you already know everything.

Pros

Left alone to do work. Coffee machine.

Cons

No guidance

January 18, 2022
We’re always working hard to make XPO a great place to work and improve where we need to. Thanks for sharing the constructive feedback.

Management is terrible the absolute worst. The equipment has gotten better.

Vacation time is horrible, The pay is good. The management is Cocky, unfair, doesn't listen to people, doesn't care about people. Plays favorites, doesn't abide by a lot of Xpo rules, in fact makes their own rules.. The reason why many people quit, the absolute worst.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management, Home time, Vacation time

January 17, 2022
We're sorry to hear about your experience. We take all feedback seriously and will share your comments with our senior leadership team.

A good start.

This was my first job in this industry. I had great teachers and coworkers and learned a lot. Only reason I had left was because our location was closed down.

Pros

Decent health insurance at the time and the schedule worked great for me. Training was awesome.

Cons

Combination in some departments needed some work.

January 13, 2022
We appreciate your feedback, so thanks for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences. We're glad to hear that you learned a lot and had a great experience.

Excellent

a typical day at work - Greatwhat you learned - Lotsmanagement - Goodworkplace culture - Goodthe hardest part of the job - Waking upthe most enjoyable part of the job - Going home

Pros

Short Days

Cons

Long days

Very easy and fun

Not hard at all. Stood all day. Did a lot of tasks. Sometimes the power went out and you would have to clean. Warehouse was huge and had to walk a lot have us an extra time

Pros

Good staff

Cons

Back hurts

January 10, 2022
Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences.

ABSOLUTELY NOT a great place to work. You’ll definitely find yourself GOING HOME stressed and provoked due to the managers treatment of staff.

Management is very unprofessional and disorganized. Staff are treated like they are not people and are talked down to all the time. Very high turnover and new hires are practically nonexistent. Numerous times staff regardless of seniority are all humiliated and threatened depending on what mood the manager is in.

Pros

Paid on time

Cons

Poor management, no room for advancement, people are treated like animals

January 11, 2022
At XPO we’re committed to creating a work environment that’s supportive, inclusive and respectful. We take comments regarding mistreatment and even discourtesy very seriously. We encourage you to report your concerns to the XPO Ethics Hotline at 1-800-638-1486. In the meantime, we will share this information with our senior leadership team.

Management is the worst I have ever worked with

Management was happy to let everyone know they are replaceable. HR is terrible absolutely no on anything your are always told to call the helpline. No one understood why we even had HR in the building.

Pros

My coworkers was the only enjoyment of my job

January 7, 2022
It's disheartening to hear about your experience working at XPO. We take all feedback seriously and will consider your comments in our efforts to continuously learn, grow and improve.

There’s no heat. It’s a different kind of cold when your on the dock. You’re disposable to management

All management cares about is numbers. It’s extremely cold and you do not get overtime until you work 50 plus hours. We used the exhaust fumes coming off the forklift for a hear source. When we tried to heat up in the break room they would come down and threaten us with our lunch time. Only good thing is the people you meet.

January 7, 2022
We're sorry to hear about your experience at XPO. We'll share your comments and feedback with the senior leadership team.

Overall working at XPO is good.

Good benefits, working environment, and management. Easy job with minimal supervision. Managers are always available to help you grow and succeed in the position.

January 6, 2022
It’s great to hear the good things you have to say about XPO. Thanks for your hard work and dedication to customer service - we appreciate it!

Not a bad place to start

I’m happy with xpo but until you have people under you in the seniority list it can be hectic. You know that coming into it though. People are friendly and you will always have work

January 3, 2022
So glad to hear that you're enjoying working with XPO. Our drivers are the best of the best! We're definitely ramping up our recruiting efforts across the company. Thanks for being a huge part of our success!

Horrible Management @ NYC W 36th Street office

Horrible Management. @ NYC W 36th Street office - Get pay rates in writing. Managers are underpaid and don't know what to do about it, so they just take it out on the workers. If you ever get a chance to start looking for a better job, take it.

January 3, 2022
We're sorry to hear about your experience with XPO. We take all comments seriously, so we'll share your feedback with our senior leadership team.

A 3PL That manages several different customers

Company does some things right. Overall I would say they're still learning how to manage accounts . I worked at a location that ultimately lost an account with Amazon in a few years. A risk to think about working at any 3PL.

Pros

Possibility to be internally promoted, Some decent management

Cons

Unsure forecasting, at times work is slow, people lose hours, temps get assignments ended

December 30, 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XPO Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.6K
1.7K
1.8K
1.4K

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

65%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss