XPO
Work wellbeing score is 67 out of 100

XPO

XPO Driver Review

The truth

Its a great place to work, if your family can deal with you being on call, and working day and night shifts. They were honest on how intense and chaotic the schedule can be. Doing day shift i worked 7-10 hours. Night shift i worked 10-13 hours. I didn't mind the hours at all, i liked working there. i had to quit due to family changes. I wish i could i stayed for the long haul, but life happens. If you don't mind long hours and getting switched from day to night shift each week i say go for it. You will learn a lot about the job, and what they demand. They are all about safety.

Pros

They leave you alone and let you work. Some Co workers will help you out Honest from the start.

Cons

You are on call. Constant switching shifts, no sick time, or pto. Everything is based off of seniority.

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

August 24, 2021
Thank you for your comments and feedback - we really appreciate it. We'll be sure to share your insights with our management team.

Same role

Awesome work environment, great culture!

A typical day at work revolves around a quick recap of the previous day and what we have ahead of us today and the bear future with the company, afterwards it’s off to my shift. Throughout the shift I have check ins with my supervisor on what’s going on and they provide status updates and let me know of any changes to the plan. I am always treated with dignity and respect. Outside of the shift Management and Human Resources always has their doors open and are always willing to listen to employees concerns and will help in any way they can to make sure employees stay happy.

Pros

Excellent feedback loops, attentive Human Resources and management

September 21, 2023
Thanks for letting us know about your great experiences at XPO! What you described is exactly what we aim to provide for our employees. Keep up the great work!
Same role

I thought it was a good company to begin with but after 7 yrs I would not recommend it to anyone

What is the best part of working at the company?Pay is decent. Thats about it. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Putting up with the games that the supervisors and managers allow. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The trucks are constantly breaking down, There's favoritism What is a typical day like for you at the company?Get to work early get an attitude from supervisor when asking what your route is for the day, Working the dock loading my own trailer usually, while others are loaded for them, usually being the last to leave for this reason. Running my route - leaving last but usually getting back before most, then having to work the dock again unloading trailers. In the winter time there is no heat on the docks. Minnesota winters are cold below 0 easily.

September 18, 2023
We’re committed to creating a work environment that’s safe, supportive, inclusive and respectful; one that always recognizes the hard work and contributions of everyone. We appreciate you sharing your feedback and thanks for letting us know how we can be better.
Same location

Customer Service LTL - Good Pay & Can Be Fun Atmosphere at Times

Just be warned the company has a severely strict attendance and punctuality policy (half point for even 1 minute late, full point for unexcused absence, termination at 6 points, 1 point dropped after 365 calendar days). There is also an annual bidding process for your role and hours. So when you are hired, whatever role assignment and hours you start with may not be what you have the following year. Preference is given based on seniority. Otherwise, pay is good, atmosphere is pretty laid back in the office and job is easy enough but stressful and challenging at times too. I can attest to working with some good folks and the management was pretty easy to get along with, accommodating, reasonable, friendly, etc.

Pros

Good pay, relatively low stress, good co-workers and management

Cons

Punishing attendance policy, bid process is disruptive to work/life balance

May 30, 2023
We’re always working hard to make XPO a great place to work and improve where we need to. Thanks for sharing the constructive feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XPO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

65%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss