XPO

2.8Job Security & Advancement

Found 1,755 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,079 reviews
logisticsdockdriverconwaywarehousefreightltlovertime

Over view

I believe it is like any job place there are pros and cons in any workforce my overall experience was good really enjoyed learning new things and taking on a job role in a industry that was new to me. The pay and benefits package and PTO days are great. 0-10 I would say a hard 8 I would recommend to a friend if asked who was hiring

Pros

Benefits package, driver training program, advancements opportunity

January 10, 2023
Thanks for your review – we really appreciate it! We’re happy to hear you thrived at XPO. We work hard at providing a positive work environment for all our employees worldwide and appreciate your contribution to our success.

Positive reward

Work is demanding especially during firm restructuring. Long hours and missed vacation because of corporate scheduling conflicts. Leadership shows great appreciation and rewards the team.

Pros

Rewarding and advancement

Cons

Long hours with demanding corporate restructuring

January 27, 2023
We strive to offer our employees careers that they can be proud of. Thanks for the feedback and for letting us know how much you enjoyed working with XPO!

XPO insights

Based on 4,328 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

What is the best part of working at the company?Pay and vacation timeWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?At first it the hours because you are on a flex board at first What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great we have good management at our service center What is a typical day like for you at the company?14 hours a day and which is by choice

January 26, 2023
We really value your feedback – thanks! We’re thrilled that you enjoy working at XPO.

Great

Great work great atmosphere always willing to help on the downside would highly recommend to anyone not familiar with the states or mountains you drive

January 25, 2023
Thanks for your feedback! It sounds like you’ve had a fantastic experience and benefited from some of the great things about our culture. Keep up the great work!

Very supportive managers

XPO is a very good company to work for. Mangers are nice, IT systems are efficient. Workplace is business casual. Great work/life balance. Benefits are decent.

Pros

Great workplace culture, nice folks to work for, good compensation

Cons

vacation time is ok, was used to a bit more pto

January 17, 2023
It’s great to hear the good things you had to say about XPO! We’re always working hard to make XPO a great place to work.

Toxic culture

This is a very political environment where leadership/management is not driven to help you grow and develop. If you are not “in the club” you are not given equal consideration for pay and promotion but they are happy to load you up with additional work. If you’re in sales, the incentive will be reduced every year and payouts are often delayed.

January 17, 2023
Thanks for sharing your review. We take all feedback seriously, so your input will help us as we continually improve XPO. We wish you the very best in the future.

What is the best part of working at the company?The salaryWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Sometimes the 3rd party company we are providing our service to gets pretty demanding.

January 12, 2023

Very unorganized work environment

The task of the job is easy and it's a great LTL career, but it's very unorganized. God forbid you end up as a flex driver. You'll be driving a forklift more than you will a tractor trailer. Management there sucks. They don't stick around long enough to get to know their employees characteristics...even the management there has a high turn around rate. There's definitely favoritism going on within the company. Some people can get away with anything and still keep their job, mean while others pay the ultimate price, even for a misunderstanding...it doesn't matter what it is. I loved the job, minus working the dock all the time and the constant walking on eggshells around management and the fact that if you ever had a issue with anything there was no one to go to about it...no one that was going to act on your behalf. Equipment there sucked. They'd want you to deliver a 2500lbs skid with a manual pallet jack... which is very unsafe.

January 9, 2023
Thank you for sharing your feedback. XPO has a culture of continuous improvement. Your honest review will help us improve and be the best place to work. We’re very grateful for your feedback and wish you the best in your future.

What is the best part of working at the company?The training was good and I learned a lot of new office procedures. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Carload was stressful because it needs to be done accurately in a small amount of time just about everyday.

January 4, 2023

What is the best part of working at the company?Working with the contractors owner operator What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Working 7 days a week for 12-14 hours days What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Toxic and bias What is a typical day like for you at the company?Very stressful. Wasn't able to have work/life balance. It consumed your entire day.

December 21, 2022
We’re committed to creating a work environment that’s safe, supportive, inclusive and respectful; one that always recognizes the hard work and contributions of everyone. We appreciate you sharing your feedback and thanks for letting us know how we can be better.

Bad management

Poor management no life. Company claims work life balance is important but clearly does not care. Certain employees can do nothing and get away with everything. Pay is good but management is terrible.

December 21, 2022

What is the best part of working at the company?They really care that you like it there and want to stay. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?End of the month a little intense. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Just really want a good worker's effort. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Just slow till the trucks start to arrive.

December 19, 2022
Thanks for your review – we really appreciate it! We’re happy to hear you’re thriving at XPO. We work hard at providing a positive work environment for all our employees worldwide and appreciate your contribution to our success.

Being a long-term employee its been great.

You get out what you put in. You are going to have to work hard to advance. XPO is looking for the best. I have worked and had great success for over 10 years and worked 11 years as a CC before that.

December 14, 2022

Competitive pay

I enjoyed working here. The account I was at lost their contract but I was reassigned to another location. Good benefits and management was fair. I will return.

It’s what you make it

Company is ok but area management is a mess. They don’t know what is going on, they are all in a different page. They work different than all other terminals

December 13, 2022

What is the best part of working at the company?Very good pay What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The truck drivers are whiny What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Relaxed and let’s you be human but still expects professionalism it’s a very good balance What is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy but we have some laughs and good times throughout the night

December 13, 2022

What is the best part of working at the company?The people What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Really noneWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Casual, professional What is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy but fun

What is the best part of working at the company?Vacation is good.HR was poor and scarce.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Lay-off every 3 year for contract changesWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Ok.Working as a team.

What is the best part of working at the company?Everery body there is cool....What is the most stressful part about working at the company?When it's crunch time....What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Marvelous....real easy going.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Easy breazy...laid back

December 12, 2022
We really value your feedback – thanks! We’re thrilled that you enjoyed working at XPO.

Could be better

Came at a time when there’s a change in management I think our manager is doing a good job and I wish him the best with what he has to deal with . When you transition a dock worker to a supervisor it’s never a good idea. In my opinion

November 29, 2022
Thank you for sharing your review. Your honest feedback helps us improve as we strive to make XPO a great place to work.

Work

Work Work Work nothing more to say about it. Work more and more is expected. Decent benefits. Nothing more to say..it's a job not a career path for advancement.

November 28, 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XPO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

65%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare XPO with

• XPO
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?