XPO

Clear

Found 2,606 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,079 reviews
logisticsdockdriverconwaywarehousefreightltlovertime

home daily P&D

Orientation was 1 wk, training was 3 more wks. On the job some support from management but in the end they send you out for home delivery with 48' and 53' trailers. So you have to figure out best route and call customer on your own. Pay is ok 25.50 to start. Been here less than a year looks like quite a bit of turn over.

Pros

home daily

Cons

equipment is all worn out

January 24, 2023

What is the best part of working at the company?Sometimes you’ll be appreciated for your input. …sometimesWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Long hours, little training, insanely toxic work environment, dangerous work environment, etcWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Toxic masculinity abound. Don’t expect to see a single woman anywhere but in the offices. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Pick up heavy object, move heavy object, put down heavy object.

XPO insights

Based on 4,328 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

What is the best part of working at the company?Pay and vacation timeWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?At first it the hours because you are on a flex board at first What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great we have good management at our service center What is a typical day like for you at the company?14 hours a day and which is by choice

January 26, 2023
We really value your feedback – thanks! We’re thrilled that you enjoy working at XPO.

Poor management

Good pay poor management. Employees are not held accountable. Management takes things personal and it shows towards the employees. No weekend work which is good

Product and loyd

Very nice place to work very loud nobody listens to nobody a lot of injuries but overall good place all the supervisors have the thumb of the butt hah

January 23, 2023
Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences.

Excellent company

Great Teamwork but this was a contract no health benefits of bonus Great comunicación with dispatch, good management , traveling all over US for projects.When slow down we sat for days with no work

Pros

Great teamwork

Cons

Health care

January 23, 2023
It’s great to hear the good things you had to say about XPO! We’re always working hard to make XPO a great place to work.

This was the worst company I have ever worked at in my entire life

Xpo treats their dock workers and drivers like they are irrelevant and don't care if their drivers die because they're forced to run when it isn't safe to do so. As a driver there are as many as 3 separate supervisors actively mad at you for not doing what they want because you're listening to a different one. For 2 years working there I spent on the extra board working 14 hours every day coving all the inbound dock work and doing full routes every day and also being forced to work the weekend if I had enough available dot hours to be forced to run.

Pros

Cons

Literally everything you can imagine

January 23, 2023
Thanks for sharing your review. We take all feedback seriously, so your input will help us as we continually improve XPO. We wish you the very best in the future.

Poor management

Management excepts overwhelming amount of work to be done with little to no staff. Work area only has one lane of travel very cluttered no adequate work space and damage freight everywhere. All managers are horrible and only want to yell!!! At employees and belittle them and make work environment unbearable.

Pros

Fellow Dock workers a lot of good dock workers.

Cons

Management is the Biggest down fall management is horrible

January 20, 2023
We’re committed to creating a work environment that’s safe, supportive, inclusive and respectful; one that always recognizes the hard work and contributions of everyone. We appreciate you sharing your feedback and thanks for letting us know how we can be better.

Horrible lace to work

Management treats employees with disdain while they chill out. Product is moved manually when it should be moved with forklift. Too little pay for such hard work.

January 20, 2023

Toxic culture

This is a very political environment where leadership/management is not driven to help you grow and develop. If you are not “in the club” you are not given equal consideration for pay and promotion but they are happy to load you up with additional work. If you’re in sales, the incentive will be reduced every year and payouts are often delayed.

Awesome Management Team

Excellent Management Team that respects and appreciates the employees they have working for them. They keep the employees informed of anything that may change in the company, such as any policies or procedures. They use positive motivation to help their employees excel and succeed with their job .

January 17, 2023
Thanks for your review – we really appreciate it! We’re happy to hear you’re thriving at XPO. We work hard at providing a positive work environment for all our employees worldwide and appreciate your contribution to our success.

Demanding fiscally driven

Not people centric. Turnover at the VP & HR level was constant & caused leadership voids. Constantly changing metrics & Challenging budget. Very good people in support staff. Did provide opportunity to start with nothing & build a culture & team.

Pros

Reasonable pay

Cons

Some 7 day work weeks. Totally dependent on temp workers

January 17, 2023
We’re always working hard to make XPO a great place to work and improve where we need to. Thanks for sharing the constructive feedback.

Very unorganized work environment

The task of the job is easy and it's a great LTL career, but it's very unorganized. God forbid you end up as a flex driver. You'll be driving a forklift more than you will a tractor trailer. Management there sucks. They don't stick around long enough to get to know their employees characteristics...even the management there has a high turn around rate. There's definitely favoritism going on within the company. Some people can get away with anything and still keep their job, mean while others pay the ultimate price, even for a misunderstanding...it doesn't matter what it is. I loved the job, minus working the dock all the time and the constant walking on eggshells around management and the fact that if you ever had a issue with anything there was no one to go to about it...no one that was going to act on your behalf. Equipment there sucked. They'd want you to deliver a 2500lbs skid with a manual pallet jack... which is very unsafe.

January 9, 2023
Thank you for sharing your feedback. XPO has a culture of continuous improvement. Your honest review will help us improve and be the best place to work. We’re very grateful for your feedback and wish you the best in your future.

Incredibly dishonest employer

Was lied to about shifts and hours repeatedly during application and orientation pay is alright and the people are fine but they will lie to you to get you in the door

Pros

Pay

Cons

No work/life balance and incredibly dishonest

January 9, 2023
At XPO we’re committed to creating a work environment that’s supportive, inclusive and respectful. We take comments regarding mistreatment and even discourtesy very seriously. We encourage you to report your concerns to the XPO Ethics Hotline at 1-800-638-1486.

What is the best part of working at the company?The management and benefits and payWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Working your way up from the bottom you have to do the extra no one else wants to do What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great friendly atmosphere drivers are great to get along with What is a typical day like for you at the company?Come in see if route is ready grab pallet jack go see some great customers get back load out freight for line haul drivers go home

January 5, 2023
Thanks for your feedback! It sounds like you’ve had a fantastic experience and benefited from some of the great things about our culture. Keep up the great work!

Overall great place to work.

XPO is a great place to work! Be prepared to dress accordingly for the weather the dock can be extremely cold in the winter or hot in the summer. Management is always available if you have any questions, comments or concerns....

Pros

Rate of pay..

Cons

cold in winter.

December 28, 2022

Bad management

Poor management no life. Company claims work life balance is important but clearly does not care. Certain employees can do nothing and get away with everything. Pay is good but management is terrible.

December 21, 2022

Great pay and benefits

Pay and benefits are the only thing this company has going for it. Has some good people. Management is very poor. Definitely display favoritism to certain employees and will go out of their way to cover up accident, ignore tardies, and other company policy violations.

December 19, 2022

Nice place to work

I have no complaints. Decent pay, option to work hybrid, coworkers are helpful and management is very relatable. The turnover rate is on the higher end, but that's because logistics is not for everyone. Overall, no complaints.

December 15, 2022

Run

The management is absolutely horrible would not recommend to anyone. Junk equipment, running trucks with a million miles on them. They don’t care about drivers at all!!

December 14, 2022

Good pay

Benefits are good. Management is terrible and let's people do whatever they want. They don't hold people accountable. Work with many miserable employees.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XPO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

65%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare XPO with

XPO reviews by popular job title

• XPO