XPO

Found 1,749 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,097 reviews
logisticsdockdriverconwaywarehousefreightltlovertime

Great place

Featured review

XPO selected this as a representative review
XPO Logistics truly takes care of their employees. I've worked for another top 10 LTL company and in comparison they don't even acknowledge your existence when compared to XPO. XPO in the short time I've worked there whether it's coworkers, environment or the corporate, they have already made me feel like I'm "at home". I'm a mechanic and the other place I was at refused to give us new shop tools and other things because our shop wasn't big and yet XPO gives small shops anything I've ever dreamed of and yet that's not even half of what they give the larger shops. Even with what they consider a small amount of stuff they still show they care because they give all of the necessary shop tools needed to do my job safely and be able to go to work and never worry about tools failing and me feeling in danger at work. I sincerely hope someone sees this and decides to go to xpo. Best company I've worked for yet.

Pros

AMAZING benefits, everyone takes care of eachother, corporate cares about you and they show it

Cons

I haven't come across any yet

December 16, 2022
Thank you for sharing this wonderful review with us! We're delighted to hear that you feel supported, accepted and valued. That is exactly the culture we aim to provide to all employees. We appreciate your hard work and contributions to our success and we hope you're with us for many years to come!

Decent job

Decent Job, work was not to demanding. The promote from within the company. I started with working on the line and then moved up. The work can sometimes be physically demanding.

February 7, 2023
Thanks for your review – we really appreciate it! We’re happy to hear you thrived at XPO. We work hard at providing a positive work environment for all our employees worldwide and appreciate your contribution to our success.

XPO insights

Based on 4,337 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

ABSOLUTLY horrible to work for

Can’t advance don’t get raises or time off stay away from this company at least in a management role. HR does nothing just harass you and nothing is ever good enough. No one ever works with the goals you have and whenever you achieve a goal it’s not good enough and they do nothing but want to push you out. Worse place I’ve ever had the opportunity to work.

Pros

Cons

everything is trash stay away

February 7, 2023
We’re committed to creating a work environment that’s safe, supportive, inclusive and respectful; one that always recognizes the hard work and contributions of everyone. We appreciate you sharing your feedback and thanks for letting us know how we can be better.

You're really valued until they can't afford you.

After the economy got bad, LTL shipping got more expensive, business went down. They quickly responded by cutting hours, furloughs, and moving salaried supervisors around. Then they began cutting supervisors and replacing them with hourly people.

Pros

Basically M-F, good PTO, Vacations, etc.

Cons

Work through lunch, 10-12 hours a day, you have to be flexible or you'll be asked to leave.

February 2, 2023
Thanks for sharing your review. We take all feedback seriously, so your input will help us as we continually improve XPO. We wish you the very best in the future.

The only thing I dont like about it is you can be on days one year then get force to nights the next year because they do bids for jobs every year in that starts from the top driver to the bottom driver

Pros

Good money-Good benefits

Cons

Some days you might not have a run if you close to the bottom driver

February 3, 2023
Thanks for your review! We truly value employee feedback like yours.

Good place to work good benefits and good pay good supervisors good fleet of trucks not complaing about anything here. Pretty good group of people to work with

February 1, 2023
Thanks for your feedback! It sounds like you’ve had a fantastic experience and benefited from some of the great things about our culture. Keep up the great work!

Positive reward

Work is demanding especially during firm restructuring. Long hours and missed vacation because of corporate scheduling conflicts. Leadership shows great appreciation and rewards the team.

Pros

Rewarding and advancement

Cons

Long hours with demanding corporate restructuring

January 27, 2023
We strive to offer our employees careers that they can be proud of. Thanks for the feedback and for letting us know how much you enjoyed working with XPO!

Hard work but the pay is good.

They pay pretty well but be prepared to suffer for it. The dock isn't temperature controlled so it's freezing in the winter and hot in the summer. People are forced to work long hours and overtime doesn't start till after 50 hours. You are expected to work at a frantic pace and will be scolded if you slow down. Very stressful.

January 24, 2023
We’re always working hard to make XPO a great place to work and improve where we need to. Thanks for sharing the constructive feedback.

Excellent company

Great Teamwork but this was a contract no health benefits of bonus Great comunicación with dispatch, good management , traveling all over US for projects.When slow down we sat for days with no work

Pros

Great teamwork

Cons

Health care

January 23, 2023
It’s great to hear the good things you had to say about XPO! We’re always working hard to make XPO a great place to work.

Very Organized

Very organized company with good work schedules and good workplace culture. The breaks are great and they dont take 30 mins out for breaks which is a plus.

Pros

Work shedules

Cons

Overtime

January 20, 2023
Thanks for letting us know about your great experiences at XPO. What you described is exactly what we aim to provide for our employees.

Good work environment. Not stressful job. Coworkers treat each other like family. Work shifts are not long. The pay is ok though it could be better. Overall it is a good place to work.

January 20, 2023
Thanks for your review – we really appreciate it! We’re happy to hear you’re thriving at XPO. We work hard at providing a positive work environment for all our employees worldwide and appreciate your contribution to our success.

What is the best part of working at the company?Like the hours, pay is good, no mandatory overtime right nowWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Some co workers and language barrierWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Like working here plan on staying until retirement What is a typical day like for you at the company?Work wherever needed mostly on dock unloading trailers .

January 20, 2023
We strive to offer our employees careers that they can be proud of. Thanks for the feedback and for letting us know how much you enjoy working with XPO!

Very supportive managers

XPO is a very good company to work for. Mangers are nice, IT systems are efficient. Workplace is business casual. Great work/life balance. Benefits are decent.

Pros

Great workplace culture, nice folks to work for, good compensation

Cons

vacation time is ok, was used to a bit more pto

January 17, 2023

Toxic culture

This is a very political environment where leadership/management is not driven to help you grow and develop. If you are not “in the club” you are not given equal consideration for pay and promotion but they are happy to load you up with additional work. If you’re in sales, the incentive will be reduced every year and payouts are often delayed.

January 17, 2023

What is the best part of working at the company?The salaryWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Sometimes the 3rd party company we are providing our service to gets pretty demanding.

January 12, 2023

Over view

I believe it is like any job place there are pros and cons in any workforce my overall experience was good really enjoyed learning new things and taking on a job role in a industry that was new to me. The pay and benefits package and PTO days are great. 0-10 I would say a hard 8 I would recommend to a friend if asked who was hiring

Pros

Benefits package, driver training program, advancements opportunity

January 10, 2023

Good place to work if you love traveling. You will be on the road 80% of the time. Managers are very strict. Things have changed since I’m not there.

January 9, 2023
Thank you for sharing your review! Your honest feedback helps us improve as we strive to make XPO a great place to work.

What is the best part of working at the company?Pay and benefits What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Men treat women badly in salary position. Don’t really let LAE do their job or the tools. Very micromanaged. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?My DOS was horrible. Loved my terminal and drivers and SCM and the customers. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Stressful being micromanaged and tracked.

January 9, 2023

What is the best part of working at the company?The management and benefits and payWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Working your way up from the bottom you have to do the extra no one else wants to do What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great friendly atmosphere drivers are great to get along with What is a typical day like for you at the company?Come in see if route is ready grab pallet jack go see some great customers get back load out freight for line haul drivers go home

January 5, 2023

Not a bad place to work

Spent 25 years and retired if you work during shift and get assignments done it’s an ok place to work occasionally they have festivities and food. They are a little demanding. But they give training and experience

Pros

Steady work time goes by fast

Cons

No paid breaks

December 30, 2022

What is the best part of working at the company?Coworkers and salary What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Ltl is a very stressful job, always under the gun and crunching numbers. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Alright not great managers would stab you in the back. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Stress and long hours.

December 19, 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XPO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

65%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss