XTRA Mart Employee Reviews

Lack of employee respect
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cornwall Bridge, CTJuly 22, 2019
Lack of respect for the employees and hard to move up from any position. No lunches except for your own time. Just not a great work environment nor pay.
Cons
Make your own breaks, working alone, bad management
Bad pay. Bad culture.
Service Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wells, MEApril 3, 2019
Nothing was ever good enough. Pay was horrible. No benefits. Other employees and managers were rude and mean. Eat or be eaten mentality. I’ll never go back
Pros
I had the most amazing customers
Cons
Bad pay.
Slow site
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 21, 2019
Site I am at is very slow. Work alone a lot due to no hours. Very boring but still maintain a high level of excellence and execution. Work mornings most of the time and have weekends off when I am fully staffed. They are looking to sell this site.
Pros
Work mornings, usually done by 2p
Cons
Small staff
Great First Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hebron, CTFebruary 16, 2019
This job was rewarding in ways I would have never imagined. It gave me a chance to work with many different people, to challenge myself in difficult situations, and to give me work experience I needed even to this day. I was able to learn money handling, how to use a register, laws and guidelines, and efficient ways to handle tasks.
It was a great job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milford, PAJanuary 25, 2019
They just didn't inform me they was going to be closing down. It was unexpected and I ended up moving back to maine after that . Learned a lot about working at a convenient store / has station
Good, Bad, and Ugly.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MASeptember 6, 2018
I have mixed feelings of this place. It’s an ok establishment, with enough hours but not worth the stress. It’s a thankless job, like most customer service jobs.
Pros
Not sure if there really was any.
Cons
Honestly, I cannot comment here. I *hate* this place, and my opinion is very biased.
Lots of room for advancement,terrible bonus program.
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 31, 2018
I learned a tremendous amount of retail knowledge from working for this company. I moved up very quickly. However, as a store manager,being a hard worker and putting 150% into the job,you were very poorly compensated. They made the guidelines for the bonus program pretty much impossible.That being said,i would definetly work for them again.
Pros
Fair amount of flexibility. The salary was fair.
Cons
As in all retail, too much employee turnover, never enough help.Poor bonus program
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Old Chatham, NYAugust 28, 2018
The Company works well with the community. Lots of benifits available at full time. The management also works well with the staff managers and customers
Was enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 13, 2018
Enjoyed getting to know all my cowerker and getting the most experience that i neede out of the place. People loved coming in and was very satisfying how fast things were.
Company sold in 2015
Territory Manager/ Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eastern New york / Western New EnglandMarch 19, 2018
Company was sold in 2015 to Global Partners and 90 % of management was change. Global hired CVS manager to run stores and also field management operations. Most of the managers that I hired over the 15 years I worked for Xtra Mart are no longer working for Global Partners.
Poor management
CREW (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYFebruary 5, 2018
asst. manager was lazy and everyone else had to clean up after. Never answered phone calls when other employees needed help. Other employees had to come and help.
It was a good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJanuary 27, 2018
It was generally a relaxed job, which is good. This particular location was a bit far away from where I was living which was the main reason why I decided to leave.
Meet new people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Taftville, CTOctober 23, 2017
Work cash register and lotto machine, make deli foods, clean floor, stock shelves, place orders for new product, balance cash register at the end of the night
Worked like a horse
Cashier/ Deli (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHOctober 1, 2017
Left alone during busiest time of the day.
Pay was terrible, wouldnt dare give overtime or the manager would loose their big end-of-the-year bonus.
Expects to cram 8 hours of work into 3 hours.
Discrimitate against facial peircings (at least old manager did, heard she left).
People are quick to throw in the towel and that might mean youre stuck until the next person comes along.
Everyone who was good flead.
Pros
Free fountain drink.. all they can spare.
Cons
No lunch breaks. No help.
it was fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 4, 2017
people where really nice a fun environment. Lots of fun people to work with. Manager was my favorite part she was a good friend of mine. Company is very involved.
Pros
fun
Cons
Hours could be crazy
Don't work for xtramart
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sutton, MAAugust 5, 2017
The store is understaffed and mismanaged schedules are auto generated and often leave the store unattended for hours at a time requiring the manager to make changes to the schedule often with less than 24 hours notice.
Pros
steady job with reliable hours
Cons
store management is poor
horrible
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sturbridge, MAJuly 23, 2017
THis company is not the best. Large scale corporate company that doesn't have a sense of its employees and minimal benefits. Good for a starting point but not a lifetime career
Good place to work, but not for career
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYJune 18, 2017
Good for second job or a higschool kid. Good for inbetween jobs. Easy work and good customers. Management great. Typical cashier job and duties, decent shift times
an OK place
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Willington, CTMay 1, 2017
My personal experience was not the greatest. When the company switched over to Global Montello, the all the xtramarts went down hill.THey do not offer their employees anything. No raises, no room for improvemnt or to move up within the company.
Pros
Cons
no advancement, No pay raise
Was a rough few years
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 14, 2017
This was an ok job for the most part. I Was just always treated like i was nothing. I would tend to mind my own. They at least give a raise yearly unlike most minimum wage jobs.