Xylem Employee Reviews

Overall a good company with fair benefit package.
Applications and Sales (Former Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSJuly 24, 2018
Office atmosphere was very fast paced. we ran a 24hr. service with early and odd hours during the busy season. Very determined group of employees. They required training and testing monthly.
A good stepping stone
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York StateJuly 24, 2018
Not bad, not your dream job. Most middle managers are women, most technical workers are men, so there's that dynamic. Some divisions have constant reorgs and turnover, but most are stable.
Pros
Training sessions and job security
Cons
IT people are viewed as janitors
high pace job
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 23, 2018
working at xylem was a learning experience, I job is not that hard but what creates a problem I believe is the organization of the warehouse and their inventory. most of the time we did not have all the parts available to complete building the orders, and when we got the parts management would rush us to build the costumers orders. most of the employees from the dept. did not like the manager because the way he manage the warehouse.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
no room for advancement, the pay rate is low
Branch Manger (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 17, 2018
Good place to work, stable company. I've been here over 9 years. At times, this job is fast paced and other times it's stagnant. The rental industry is tough in any field.
Fun place to work
Purchasing Specialist/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYJuly 11, 2018
Fun place to work, Employees are very much friendly. Management is good.Lots of training, at least 100 hours of training per year. Lots of travels abroad.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No lunch
Associate (Former Employee) –  Yellow Springs, OHJuly 2, 2018
I really enjoyed working there. Got to learn many different things there. They seemed really fair to their employees. Would like to work there again. Liked my coworkers.
No collaboration, no energy, everyone holed up in office or cubicle
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Brown Deer, WIJuly 2, 2018
When you enter the building you are immediately struck by the total silence. Most people sit in their offices with doors closed or in their cubicles and don't engage or speak with each other throughout the day. In fact, when there is an all-staff meeting, some people will sit in their office or cubicle and call in to the meeting rather than join in person in a conference room. The particular brand/division I worked at had 37% employee turnover in 2017. And while 2018 is seeing less turnover, there still is the underlying problem of people not collaborating nor engaging with each other.
It was a very depressed, unstimulating and tired environment sapped of vitality.
very productive and fun work place
Cycle counter/ inventory analyst (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYJune 28, 2018
I have learned a lot in the inventory department here at xylem in the past year. It a fun place to work with awesome people and a great environment. Not to many hard parts about the job except the inventory is a little hard to keep track of.
Pros
awsome work environment
Cons
no complaints right now
My job used to be a very good job.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSITANT (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJMay 30, 2018
Xylem used to be a good job. It has turned into a major corporation with way too many upper management level employees. My major concern is how bad the benefits are becoming in January 2019. They won't even be worth having. People go to work to receive a paycheck and benefits. At that point, there will be no point in paying out of every paycheck to receive horrible quality benefits with a deductible so high that they will never kick in.
Pros
401K plan
Cons
Upcoming benefits will be horrible; more work with no compensation.
Great Company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYApril 17, 2018
Company with a great mission! Good people make the work day better! Great leadership and perks. Many activities planned throughout the year to keep us engaged including volunteering opportunities!
Pros
Great people
It's a job!
Chemistry Technician (Current Employee) –  Yellow Springs, OH 45387April 13, 2018
Xylem is a job, not a career. There aren't very many advancement opportunities at Xylem with my education level. This company is great for a newly graduated high school student or someone with an engineering degree.
Will stab you in the back
Water transfer (Former Employee) –  Salem, WVApril 11, 2018
Very poor management dont know how to keep there regular employees that have been there longer they will take your hours away and give them to new sse which is not fair to the ones that's been there for a few years
Pros
Na
Cons
Every thing
Good place to work, but very demanding of their employees.
Senior Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 21, 2018
Enjoyed working there. I had plenty of opportunities for advancement, and had opportunities that I would have never had at other companies. It is a business that requires lots of travel, so you have to be willing (in some positions) to accept 50% to 80% travel, both domestic and overseas.
Pros
Good opportunities for advancement and experiences, good pay.
Cons
Long hours, fast paced.
good company
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 14, 2018
Great products, great company. Undergoing some coordination improvements with other lines but the bugs will get worked out some day. Great work environment but lacking in supports staff help.
Leader in the industry
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILMarch 12, 2018
Xylem/Godwin is a leader in their industry and are driven to train their employees so thy are the most knowledgeable people in the industry. They are driven to be the best and demand the best out of their personnel.
Productive and committed atmosphere
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE COLLECTIONS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYMarch 1, 2018
I have enjoyed my career with Xylem. I love the fast pace and the continuous improvement projects we work on everyday. I love a challenge and this job pushes me to be a better person not only at work but within the community and at home as well.
Pros
Refreshing Atmosphere
terrible Director
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  buffalo N YFebruary 15, 2018
Director of the company built himself a nice new office in front of building, while having to lay-off personal in other departments. No bonus anymore.
Pros
some nice people there!
Cons
Terrible management
If you are a kisser, Youll get the money...for not working
Shipping and Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 9, 2018
13 years for what... working hard at pull parts w/c ups ect. I was doing a two man job. with little help.when they laid me off ship went down by alot customers get mad...
Xylem INC
Senior Electrical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Xylem was a good place to work, I worked there 10.75 years and would still be there if they were still in Dallas. There was 13 different product lines i was working on over 10.75 years until we were laid off. the company sold the building and moved 2 product lines to other stated. My main product was AC Fire systems that was relocated to Morton Grove IL. I chooses not to relocate. I gave training classed to the new facility how to design and build the fire packages to meet Electrical Code NEC 70, NFPA 20 and other Electrical Codes world wide.
Pros
Steady work load.
Cons
None.
Very Quiet Office
Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYFebruary 1, 2018
There was little to no management that you could walk up to and address a problem. There was no team building and it was a very toxic environment. Extremely quit office.