Xylem Employee Reviews

Great Company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYApril 17, 2018
Company with a great mission! Good people make the work day better! Great leadership and perks. Many activities planned throughout the year to keep us engaged including volunteering opportunities!
Pros
Great people
Will stab you in the back
Water transfer (Former Employee) –  Salem, WVApril 11, 2018
Very poor management dont know how to keep there regular employees that have been there longer they will take your hours away and give them to new sse which is not fair to the ones that's been there for a few years
Pros
Na
Cons
Every thing
Good place to work, but very demanding of their employees.
Senior Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 21, 2018
Enjoyed working there. I had plenty of opportunities for advancement, and had opportunities that I would have never had at other companies. It is a business that requires lots of travel, so you have to be willing (in some positions) to accept 50% to 80% travel, both domestic and overseas.
Pros
Good opportunities for advancement and experiences, good pay.
Cons
Long hours, fast paced.
good company
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 14, 2018
Great products, great company. Undergoing some coordination improvements with other lines but the bugs will get worked out some day. Great work environment but lacking in supports staff help.
Leader in the industry
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILMarch 12, 2018
Xylem/Godwin is a leader in their industry and are driven to train their employees so thy are the most knowledgeable people in the industry. They are driven to be the best and demand the best out of their personnel.
Productive and committed atmosphere
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE COLLECTIONS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYMarch 1, 2018
I have enjoyed my career with Xylem. I love the fast pace and the continuous improvement projects we work on everyday. I love a challenge and this job pushes me to be a better person not only at work but within the community and at home as well.
Pros
Refreshing Atmosphere
terrible Director
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  buffalo N YFebruary 15, 2018
Director of the company built himself a nice new office in front of building, while having to lay-off personal in other departments. No bonus anymore.
Pros
some nice people there!
Cons
Terrible management
If you are a kisser, Youll get the money...for not working
Shipping and Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 9, 2018
13 years for what... working hard at pull parts w/c ups ect. I was doing a two man job. with little help.when they laid me off ship went down by alot customers get mad...
Xylem INC
Senior Electrical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Xylem was a good place to work, I worked there 10.75 years and would still be there if they were still in Dallas. There was 13 different product lines i was working on over 10.75 years until we were laid off. the company sold the building and moved 2 product lines to other stated. My main product was AC Fire systems that was relocated to Morton Grove IL. I chooses not to relocate. I gave training classed to the new facility how to design and build the fire packages to meet Electrical Code NEC 70, NFPA 20 and other Electrical Codes world wide.
Pros
Steady work load.
Cons
None.
Very Quiet Office
Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYFebruary 1, 2018
There was little to no management that you could walk up to and address a problem. There was no team building and it was a very toxic environment. Extremely quit office.
Productive - great place to work
Collections Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 29, 2018
I place collection calls to customers who are past due on their account.

Dispute invoices that are uncollectable back to the business unit for resolution

Research short paid invoices
Pros
Free Coffee, planking, 15-20 Training yeaarly
Cons
Healthcare costs
competitve markets place selling pumps
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Branch, WIJanuary 23, 2018
The market has increased competitors because of former employees leaving the company. The competitions know Flygt trains their sales to get the order.
Review of Work
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 15, 2018
I believe in positive work environment, however the person who was my peer and training me did not wish to say even good morning, have a nice day. When I tried to this issue, the statement was " I am not fake." This was the hardest part of the job, Other than this the work, the team overall were top performers.

They encouraged and I did try to move past it. However since they are growing expotentially it was hard to facilitate, not being included or reprimanded for talking to the other team members by this peer.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Peer approval not given, determinental after 8 months
Was once great place....NOW its a joke!!!
Labor (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJanuary 12, 2018
Place was #1 water transfer in area in my opinion until management hired in all buddies then I saw company going down hill and losing work cuz those buddies ran it poorly and didnt know how manage staff nor the work. Lot of good hard working people left already before you know it this branch/ divison will be done with oil/gas.
Lots backstabbing going on.
Pros
Pay
Hostile work enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJanuary 5, 2018
Very hostile working environment, teamwork is generally not considered, lacking in qualified management. Would not recommend working for either the company or union
Solid place to Work
Assistant PumpTechnician (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJanuary 4, 2018
Learned a lot, was able to move to different areas to learn new skills. overall a very fair place to work, very laid back and easy to work for. Only issue I had was first shift was always selected for overtime even though generally the time was wasted by that shift.
No comment
Worker Bee (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYJanuary 4, 2018
Opinions can be misconstrued. I have my own and for my own reasons but suffice it to say, it's not the most pleasant place to work since if you don't agree with how things are being run, you'll be shown the door quickly.
Very hostile and stressful environment; ESP in Operations
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILDecember 23, 2017
Toxic environment. Professionalism at its worst. Management belittles people in front of others. It is all about making the monthly/ quarterly number at whatever cost. Most team members are decent but overwhelmed with too much work and not enough staff.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours unpaid
Great place
Receptionist/Order Entry (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 27, 2017
This is a great company to work for. Everyone was so inviting and helpful. Super friendly employees. Management was always available and engaging. Overall a very nice place.
Great employment opportunity
Asst. Crew Leader/Groundsman/Driver (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VA 23510November 20, 2017
This job brought me great joy. The only possible drawback would be inclement weather situations that would prevent a safe workday. Management was fair and strict for the right reasons, your own good. plus, it doesn't hurt to bring in around two thousand dollars at the end of an efficient work month.