Yahoo! Inc.

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Yahoo! Inc. Employee Reviews

Fading star
Manager, Service Engineering and Support (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 11, 2018
Was a good place to work and an attractive destination. Too many people seemed to be pulling in different directions, no overall strategy, employee loyalty lack as internal communications were often leaked to the public within hours of announcement.
Great employees but inconsistent management
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORDecember 5, 2018
Mass layoffs occurred three times in the years I was employed. The CEO changed five times. Inconsistency and constant changes were the norm. This leads to employee anxiety and burnout,
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Good work culture with growth opportunities
HR Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 12, 2018
Yahoo / Oath is a good company to work for. It has a good work culture compared to many other companies and also good perks such as free food. There's also a lot of growth opportunities.
Amazing colleagues and positive company culture
Search Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 1, 2018
A typical day at Yahoo! would be to address client email inquiries, schedule or attend client calls & research growth opportunities. Management was constantly changing due to our changes in CEOs over the years but the managers I worked under were mentors and peers. The hardest part of the job was the ratio of clients/agencies per person. We were given large books of business with promises of getting additional headcount that took months before there was reprieve. The most enjoyable things at Yahoo! were your colleagues and the positive company culture.
Pros
Positive company culture, free lunches, stocked break rooms, onsite coffee shop, onsite gym, travel opportunities, great benefits & bonuses
Cons
Overworked, constant change of CEOs and company mission, playing catch up instead of being innovative
A great culture and terrific people
Studio Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 19, 2018
Yahoo is a great place to work. The work environment was respectful and positive. I learned a lot during my time there and felt like the work we did there was important and made an impact.
Yahoo was, overall, a fine place to work
Construction Manager - Data Center Development (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 3, 2018
Interesting work, dynamic environment. Only downside was they they didn't put any effort into training management, therefore there was no leadership consistency
Pros
Free lunches, healthcare, freedom of work hours
Cons
management consistency
Great Culture with plenty of opportunity.
Regional Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 26, 2018
Great culture with plenty of opportunity for advancement. High stressful sales environment. Excellent benefits. Would recommend employment to friends and family.
Fun Place
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 17, 2018
I learned a lot about how the professionals work, and how to manage customers, also manage filing and data entry. However, I dont feel like there is a lot more to learn in the company.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Low Salary
Great company with a variety of products
Process and Policy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Very transparent company with room to grow and lots of great learning experiences. The typical day involves sitting in front of a computer and going to meetings, the collaboration cross-site is unlike anything I've ever experienced.

I worked on projects such as product support launches (UK daily fantasy sports), fixing system issues and collaborated globally on Yahoo Mail improvements and new features.
Pros
Free meals, people. people. people. Work environment, stock options, 401K
Super fun company to work for!
Advertising Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 10, 2018
Yahoo was a great company to work for - we were always having fun but working hard too. The benefits were great and there was always an opportunity for career growth.
Great place to dive into your work and grow
Editorial Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2018
The Yahoo brands are a little more focused now over a year into life as part of the Oath family. People are driven, the culture is very positive and progressive, and I think they're really poised to do great things. I have and will continue to recommend it as an amazing place to work. Performers are rewarded, and promotion often comes from within. The scale and reach of the brands remain impressive, there are truly few like it. Many people forget that. Sometimes the size of the company made it hard to affect real change and things could move really slowly, but current leadership is committed to changing that part of the equation.
Pros
Great people, great benefits, great facilities, and yes, free snacks
Cons
You may love the work so much that you'll have to remind yourself about that work/life balance
Excellent place to work!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 6, 2018
Yahoo is a great tech company to work for because it doesn't take itself too seriously. It likely depends on what manager you have but I was lucky enough to get the best manager there was who truly cared about me, my career, and what I was interested in.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
The company is suffering an identity crisis
Enjoyable Place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 4, 2018
Enjoyable place to work, lots of changes with the new executive staff. They were very focused on being sure that everyone understood the goals of the company.
Pros
great benefits and perks
Cons
layoffs were often due to merge with Oath
laidback
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2018
This company has now operates under Verizon as OATH.
Yahoo was a great company, very laid back, remote ability and flexibility. Love Love this place.
Give OATH a try.
good
Lead Developer (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 30, 2018
talks a lot about their transformation and helping employees be their best. I'm pleased to see that they are really making an effort. From their focus on work/life balance and compensation, to their brand new workspaces - i couldn't be happier working here.
Good company, too bad it's in decline
contractor, upgraded to Yahoo employee (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 25, 2018
I liked working at Yahoo, but clearly it's in advanced decline. Not much else to say, despite the 150-character minimum. Good people for the most part.
Dial-up the learning curve
Senior Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 22, 2018
Happy that our business unit Yahoo SmallBusiness works just like my previous startup. At times, I am the architect, designing new component functionalities , or I'd find myself deciding on front-end scheme, or be designing backend APIs .
Be it designing interfaces or interfacing with customers , screening candidates, or defining product roadmaps, there is always a sense of freedom to call the shots and do more, that is what I like about my work here.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
It was great while it lasted
Senior Client Advocate (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJuly 16, 2018
Answered calls from customers w/ merchant accounts, sometimes from those expecting advanced coding assistance, set up new accounts, processing billing info
Pros
Metrics were focused on making customers happy
Cons
Some mgrs should never have been hired - aggressive, demeaning
Bleed Purple
Sr Billing Fraud and Escalations (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 11, 2018
The culture and the people at Yahoo drove the success of the workforce. Being a part of the customer care team was the best part of the job. Connecting with users daily and helping to resolve their issues was always our focus.
A wonderful company and legacy
Creative Director (Former Employee) –  Playa Vista, CAJune 27, 2018
Yahoo was a wonderful place to work full of people who bled purple (as they liked to say). Sadly the culture was dramatically impacted when Verizon took over and merged Yahoo and AOL into Oath.