Yahoo! Inc. Employee Reviews

Yahoo is a great company.
Software Engineer, Principal (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 13, 2019
I really enjoyed working at Yahoo. and the people there are very nice and efficient. The company culture is good too. Cooperation between Employee is appreciated.
Never worked at Yahoo
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHMay 13, 2019
I have never worked at Yahoo.com. I currently work at Owens Corning at 500 Case Ave. in Newark, Ohio. Owens is a union based employer which for someone like me, that shows up to work to give a 100% everyday, is just not a good fit. All job advancements are based on seniority, not work ethic and experience. I am looking to gain employment with a company that values hard work.
Pros
On site fitness center.
Cons
No chances for advancement.
Large company with a great culture
Partner Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2019
Yahoo was a great company to work for with an amazing culture. There were so many opportunities to learn things outside of my core competencies and I was supported in my work by my managers and colleagues.
Y un lugar muy decente buenos sueldos
Ingeniero de sistemas (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 23, 2019
Para mi esa empresa era genial y me parece muy practica
Pros
Prestaciones
Great experience, but instability
FRONT PAGE EDITOR (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 18, 2019
Work here was a great experience. Managers were very friendly, with positive energy. The team was very collaborative. Great work ambient. Free meal. They are reducing staff constantly in the newsroom, overloading the work of those who remain. They prefer to contract out (contractors) and change them constantly, instead of hiring full times workers.
Fun and productive place to work
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 8, 2019
I loved my time at Yahoo. The people and culture were amazing. Unfortunately, there was a lot of turnover and publicity. If I didn't receive an amazing opportunity, I would have stayed at Yahoo.
Great Company
Manager, Talent Acquisition (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Playa Vista, CAMarch 29, 2019
This is a great organization overall. They just need to thoroughly think out their strategic direction and stick with it until the strategy comes to fruition.
Amazing place to work
Global Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 26, 2019
The global service desk will be a better start to an IT career then anywhere else you will ever work. Great pay, good benefits. They gave free lunches.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Mostly based in california now
iconic company with great culture and drive to turn company around
Director - Corporate Finance (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 26, 2019
one of the best companies to work for with teams working to turn the company around. despite constant turnover of leadership, culture mainly in tact with hopes that Yahoo will become a market leader again
Spinning in decline and chaos
Senior editorial manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2019
Relentlessly tense atmosphere, backstabbing, poor managers, micromanagement and neglect at the same time. Massive, ineffective bureaucracy. Terrible stack ranking evaluation system; performance evaluations were simply a means to fire people. Managers tolerated bullying and discriminatory behavior, and engaged in it as well. Typical workday would involve sitting down at your desk and working non-stop without relief at tasks you were never quite sure were contributing to the company or not.
Pros
compensation, free food
Cons
company was clearly in decline
Loved working at Yahoo
Sales Programs and Promotions Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things, and being part of the innovation of the company first hand. Knowing that I was part of the change that affected people around the country/world.
Pros
Provided Career Growth and flexible work/home life
Challenging and fun workplace
LINGUISTIC QA ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 2, 2019
Yahoo! provided a challenging but fun work atmosphere. People checked their egos at the door and we were all helping each other.
Sometimes we had to come in on the weekend and work, but this was an exception rather than a rule.
Pros
fun, challenging work environment
Cons
Occasionally we had to come in on the weekend.
Fun great place to work
Strategic Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 30, 2019
Truly enjoyed my job at Yahoo! the departments I supported and the work I did.
Writing contracts, negotiation, traveling.
Fun culture
Working with my llines of business I supported
Changing Environment
Project/Program Manager IV (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 27, 2019
The mission and culture of Yahoo/Oath/Verizon Media continues to change since the Verizon acquisition. Some soft benefits are no longer as good or available. The people are dedicated, passionate, and very good at what they do.
Pros
free lunch, gym, transparency
Cons
ability to advance varies based on department and management
It was a call center
Merchant Development Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 25, 2019
Calls came in one after the other until break or lunch. You have no control of the schedule. Only engineering controlled their schedule. Cases once escalated were no longer in your control.
Productive and fun place to work
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2019
Yahoo! was a very fast paced, lots of energy, and high monthly sales goals. The environment was friendly and fun. It was a very progressive place to work.
Very Professional atmosphere!
Individual Contributor/Facilty Engineer (Former Employee) –  Quincy, WAJanuary 16, 2019
Family oriented, great place to work, dog friendly, all meals & condiments provided, catering from local outside vendors. Always excited to go to work. I loved my job!
Great Team!
Business Services and Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Enjoyed meeting and working with some of the coolest people in the Bay Area. I am a contractor at Yahoo so technically they are my client. I manage 12 large training rooms on campus and work closely with the Yahoo events team on internal events.
Pros
Free food program, gym, and worked with awesome individuals.
Cons
Constant changes in the last year and a half with no time to adjust before the next change.
Dynamic Internet Start Up / Ended poorly
Surfer/ (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 14, 2019
I joined Yahoo in 1997 when the dot.com boom was in it's infancy. Over 4 years working in Sunnyvale, with a 3 year break in service, and then 2+ more years in Santa Moncia, it was an exciting ride, but ultimately Yahoo failed to maintain it's market share and relevancy in the industry.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
Low salary, and failed business plan
Amazing Benefits
Customer Care Agent and Billing Expert (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYDecember 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for Yahoo, the benefits are great, the people you work with are great. I have no negative complaints or things to say about working there. I left only because I was laid off due to my job being eliminated in the States and outsourcing.