Yahoo! Inc.
Happiness rating is 76 out of 100

Yahoo! Inc. Employee Reviews

United States454 reviews

Great benefits no room to grow

Great benefits no room to grow. There were constant layoffs and people were very guarded about teaching you their skills without the fear of being replaced.

Pros

Free food, profit sharing

Cons

No real long distance commuter perks

good company

good company ......... good work place ... good learning opportunities ... good benefits .. you can work on multiple projects at the same time which is good

Yahoo! Inc. insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Great job. Caring and supportive. Technology. Management was great. Great hours with no micro management. Great benefits and PTO. Highly recommend for flexibility.

Good company

Culture is good in the company and work life balance is there. You can share ideas freely and everyone is working together to make products and company successful.

Great growth potential

High caliber team, can be stressful. Bring your A Game, as this team works hard and plays hard. At the time it was good pay with stock options. The days could be very long when closing out the QTR.

Pros

Great growth potential

Cons

Long work days

Fun an dfun

Had a great time working at Yahoo inc, loved job pay and people i worked with. I’ve had several jobs in the past doing different things but I felt home here.

Good Fun Place

I enjoyed working here. People were nice and friendly at all times. Pay was very competitive and raises were given on a semin annual basis. Glad to have worked here.

Yahoo! is a great employee friendly place

Yahoo! offered a great learning opportunity to its employees to learn apart from any other cool benefits that any tech major will provide its employees.The only other which Yahoo! at that time did not have was the job security as it was obvious looking at the company's performance and stiff competition from other tech majors.

Great! They gave me so many opportunities to grow!

Loved this job! I enjoyed being there everyday. People were nice, and I learned a lot from my managers and appreciate their kindness. Absolutely recommend.

Good pay. Good times

Great work environment. High ethical standards. Always answered my questions. Would have statues if I didn’t need to move across country with my family

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Not enough days off

They mean well, but execute poorly.

They focus on the wrong items. Usually holding on to old ideals rather than pushing towards modernization and the future. There are many factions of the company that do, but not enough to move the needle. Top level wants it and expects it, but has general difficulty getting it done.

Pros

They are inclusive of all, and truly want to succeed

Cons

Too many antiquated in-house tools rather than modern solutions, Nearly impossible to move forward in the company, Pay not great unless you live in certain locations and are at a high enough level, Management plays favorites

fun place

great place to work. happy environment. always concerned about employees. most of the time time pff requested is granted. needless to say great all around.

Good place for Contractors

Overall, a good place for contractors. Management can be kind of oblivious, but lowkey nature to the roles and expectations make working for the company a pleasant experience overall.

Excellent work life balance

As long as clients were taken care of. Come and go as you please. You are expected to work independently, however a manager is present. That manage is there to encourage you in your work and less there to tell you what to do.

Great people. Great WLB. Yahoo is always struggling to catch up.

Great WLB but always working on catch up initiatives. Not innovation. Great caring managers. Not aggressive about building new and innovative projects

Pros

WLB. Great manager

Cons

No innovation. Attrition

Great company overall

Great company to work. You will get so much learning. Less politics everyone is very supportive. you will get a chance into different challenging domain.

Fun place

It’s grest, we loved environment and good coworkers, I had a lot of time at home to spend time with family , a lot of flexibility, overall recommend!

divide between fte and contractors

divide between fte and contractors, no team bonding, very isolated and to yourself, multiple projects, very stagnant, no room or very slow advancement

Yahoo is one of those companies that develops amazing networks of people that respect and like one another.

Yahoo was a challenging and fun environment for work. There was always a lot of change, but the people were solid and really experienced and professional. I would recommend and I'm always glad to meet or hire a fellow Yahoo alum.

Awesome experience and Good culture

Working at Yahoo was a very good experience, I worked as an Intern and I was able to add value to the organization. I was not just doing simple tasks, I was given set goals for my project. And everyone I met from my team members to the executives was warm, friendly, and always ready to help out.

The best part about working at Yahoo! is the co-workers and the culture. Hands down these are the best people, smart, articulate and driven. Unfortunately upper management can tend to get in the way by providing competing priorities and a revolving door at the C level.

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits

Cons

Weak upper management

Common questions about Yahoo! Inc.

Answered by current and former employees at Yahoo! Inc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yahoo! Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

40%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss