YAI - Seeing Beyond Disability

United States587 reviews

Clear
3.0Pay & Benefits

Productive and fun environment

Gets overwhelming because the company is under staffed. Management could be better, more favoritism then anything. Vacation time and benefits are good, always have recreational activities

Benefits

Cons

Pay. PTO

Too many trainings

The company is overwhelming. Too many trainings and most of the staff are uncaring. There are no raises and your work will go unnoticed. They say there is room for advancement and it's not.

YAI - Seeing Beyond Disability insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Great place if you can’t find something better.

This was my first official job after graduating college. Everyone is super supportive and helps out a lot. Pay sucks. I wish they paid more cause it would save me the hassle of interviewing for new potential jobs. I love my job but my style of living requires a higher compensation.

I referred a friend

They have good benefits only , poor management, and payment , please I want the company pay is more! For the work we do we did not deserve the little pay

Great place

Yai is a positive and inclusive place to work. Even though the work can be difficult at that times, fellow staff are supportive and reinforce a team environment.

Pros

Benefits, culture, career opportunities

Good

It’s a decent place to work, pay is bad and it’s Better to stay per Diem than full-time. All of the full time have it hard, It’s very Disorganized and they will try to overwork you and they have spies

Horrible place to work....

I've never written a company review, but this organization deserves the poor review I am writing. I've never worked for a company that focuses more on how they can fire an employee (constantly looking for spies), as opposed to keeping them happy and on the job by just providing the basics. I was the senior full time nurse at the facility and had only been working there one year. Every nurse hired after me either quit or transferred to a per diem position, which has less responsibility. The nurse management department is disorganized and immature. They have no idea how to run a department smoothly which leaves the "people we support" at a disadvantage - there is never enough supplies, the residents are constantly running out of medication. It is a 12 hour position and you will be overworked. They don't advertise it, but you will work a Saturday at least 1-2 times a month. My last day of work with the organization - I came in with the intention on working my schedule, but the disorganization that day was at an all time high which resulted in me quitting on the spot. You are put in positions where you will feel like your license is at risk (I'd rather quit abruptly and walk away with a clean license). I've never been happier to quit a job before in my life!! Good luck to future nursing applicants. Per diem is the only way to go at YAI (the benefits are horrible anyway - no vacation time until you've been there a year; bottom line insurance, bottom line 403b).

An OK Agency

I enjoy helping with the individuals who live in their group home. They are awesome. The training is good. But some of the staff are unprofessional and management could use improvement. They expect you to do every thing and that can be overwhelming. Sometimes you forget things that you learned.

Pros

The individuals I support are awesome and I enjoy spending time with them.

Cons

Management needs improvement. Staff are unprofessional. The salary is fair.

It's a fair place to work at.

Staffs are very involved. you're not let deal with the guys' behaviors by yourself. Management is balanced, they don't micromanage neither keep a long distance.

Pros

management is understanding and flexible.

Cons

as in many group homes per diem are not compensated well.

Eh

It's not an easy place to work. There's an extremely high turnover rate. Management is not the greatest but's not really their fault as upper management doesn't seem to really care about middle management at all. The pay is laughably low for the work you have to do.

Pros

The people you support are awesome, benefits are decent.

Cons

No real lunch break, low pay

Overall good

I just started working here recently and I really like it so far! They are super flexible with scheduling and you can work whatever shifts work best for you.

YAI helps those with autism and other disabilities

I left and came back to YAI and was welcomed with open arms. I plan to retire from there. It's a chance for me to help those in need and that's what I cherish most about my position.

Benefits

Cons

Low pay range

Decent place to work

Opportunities for Growth, good support from managment, great benefits. Satisfying working with individual with intellectual disabilies and developmental disabilities

Pros

Advancement opportunities, great benefits

Cons

No work/life balance

Love

YAI work is amazing if you remember why you are doing it. The biggest downfall is the pay. I worked three jobs and still felt broke all the time. I think it is very sad that such an important job and rewarding job does not compensate enough to live off of. I would do it forever if I felt I earned what I deserved.

Pros

having weekends off

Cons

pay!

Great purpose, terrible pay

Serving individuals with intellectual disabilities is great and feels purposeful but the pay is terrible and not enough for what you do.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Terrible pay

Great company

Enjoying this company and all the great opportunity it has given me Flexible schedule a lot of perks a lot of hours and availability to different houses to choose from

teased by manager

I worked for three years with difficult clients and their families. Even though I received high praise, no raise in salary and no job security. I was fired after a cold kept me from working for a day.

Pros

free pizza once a week

Cons

no job security nor advancement

No breaks

The pay is horrible and people newly hired aren't fully trained for the daily behavioral challenges. It used to be a great place to work but now the high stress and very low pay doesn't justify working for this agency.

Pros

Vacation

Cons

No breaks and very low pay

Favoritism.

Upper management provides no support towards the lower level management team. They play favorites and make work life difficult for you if you’re unliked buy someone in their clique. The care provided for the individuals is subpar.

Pros

Decent benefits

Cons

Low pay

Rewarding work. But the hours are long and strenuous.

The people you support are often the most kind hearted people you will ever have the pleasure of meeting. However, DSPs are often overworked and the pay doesn't supplement the amount of work is required from DSP.

Pros

Clients

Cons

Pay, long hours

Spent a year here

I had a great time with YAI during my one year with them. I learned about the mental health population. However, there is no room for growth when it comes to pay/salary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YAI - Seeing Beyond Disability. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight