Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic Employee Reviews

Lots of drama! Horrible uncaring management
MA (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 7, 2018
If you like drama, this is the place for you! If you are not in the clique, they will drive you out. You work long hours with no appreciation. It is required. The only good things about this place is the great benefits and the supervisor. The clinic director does not care about people, only the job. This place is full of drama and stress!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Drama, uncaring management, long hours, stressful
December 27, 2018

It sounds like we could have done a better job connecting you to your HR Business Partner and supervisor to help mitigate a stressful work environment. We are sorry this position was not a good fit and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

One of our top priorities is work/life balance with our staff and we hope staff continue to provide feedback to their business partner, for further consideration on how we can improve this.

Great Place to work
Epic Analyst (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 6, 2018
I love working for a company who takes pride in helping the underserved. Even though I don't work in a clinic directly with patients I know that what I do helps the organization as a whole.
I've seen a lot of employees grow and move up into more advanced positions. It's always a good sign when a company chooses to promote internal employees. It's also nice to here at the annual Christmas Party how many employees have been here 10/15/20 and even 30 years. Good employees don't stay with an organization that long unless they are treating their employees right and giving them what they need to succeed.
In the department where I work, management often shows their appreciation by bringing in donuts, pizza, ice cream, etc.
Our team plays games and for the most part gets along like a family:)
Pros
Management acknowledges and makes it known they appreciate your efforts.
Cons
I dont see any other than out healthcare benefits could provide more
August 27, 2018

Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are thrilled to have you as part of the family and could not do what we do without the proper functionality of Epic.

It definitely tugs at the heart strings when staff receive recognition for the longevity of their careers with Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic. There was even one staff member recognized this year for hitting 35 years with the organization. What a humbling and proud moment!

Do not work here
Dentistry For Kids (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAAugust 17, 2018
Management is terrible and the company will do nothing to change it. I do appreciate what this company does for low income families but this is a toxic place to work and the pay is not great, but you do receive good benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Hostile work environment
August 27, 2018

We are very sorry to hear your experience working on our team didn’t meet your expectations. It is our desire that all our staff are in a positive working environment and as an organization we have systems in place to help achieve that goal.

We are a little confused about the “pay is not great” portion of your review. The compensation rate in our organization is very competitive. In addition to that, we regularly review market data to ensure we are staying competitive in our employee pay rates. Because of that, above the annual raises our employees receive, we have also adjusted the compensation rates of the entire organization to ensure we are paying staff a competitive rate.

We are sorry you weren’t able to achieve that goal, working with your HR Business Partner and supervisor. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Poor
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 20, 2018
I would not recommend others to work here due to the stressful work environment. The training is limited and few and far between. Comprehensive Healthcare offers more training and advancement opportunities.
Pros
Good pay/benefits for mental health
Cons
Poor work environment, high caseload
August 27, 2018

As a current employee, we encourage you to reach out to your HR Business Partner and supervisor to help mitigate a stressful work environment.

One of our top priorities is work/life balance with our staff, in addition to training and offering advancement opportunities. We actually have a full department within Human Resources for training and helping our staff advance in their careers.

Please feel free to express to your supervisor your interest in moving forward with your career at Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic. We are always thrilled to promote from within. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review.

Overworked staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 16, 2018
I was not given the opportunity to suuceed as charge nurse.

Toxic Workplace culture upon new management administration.

Management did not promote autonomy and decision making.
August 27, 2018

We have forwarded your concerns on to our quality department for further review. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Good place to work at
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WASeptember 21, 2018
I enjoyed working here, employees were all friendly and helpfull. Everyone is treated with respect. They’re professional and keep busy all day. They pay was good, the hours were good too. The pay could be better if you look at the amount of work done there but it’s a lot better than other clinics. One maybe bad thing some of the providers were a little rude I don’t know why maybe because the have a higher title they believe they can be rude to you when you do something wrong but they’re not that bad but that’s about the only thing I didn’t like was some providers maybe two out of all the clinic which isn’t bad. But definitely would recommend anyone to come here you will get treated good by staff and patients are treated good too great place to work.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
busy
November 1, 2018

We, too, appreciate the competitive pay and great working hours. We are so glad to hear that most of your coworkers were pleasant and delightful. We encourage you to take a look at our job boards and see if an opening fits your future career goals. Good luck in your future endeavors!

Stressful place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunnyside, WAMarch 21, 2018
Very Stressful work place. There is a lot of favoritism and micromanagement. They will tell you that you are replaceable and be little you. They are all about taking care of family until it is time to take care of your own family. You are only allowed a very little amount of call ins. So if you have little one I would not recommended working here. It is not a positive work environment. I would not recommended working for YVFWC.
Pros
Only pros would be the benefits
Cons
work enviroment, managment, paid leave, paid sick leave
Excellent place to get my feet under me as a provider
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Toppenish, WASeptember 19, 2018
Being able to have loan repayment was crucial and I appreciated this at YVFWC. I had wonderful mentors in the family practice department who helped me feel solid in my practice after my tenure there.
November 1, 2018

Thank you for the time you gave to our patients and community. We love the community of providers and staff we have here, who continually walk alongside each other to build us up, and serve our communities. Thank you for the time you gave!

Not give a chance
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, ORSeptember 4, 2018
They act like they like you in The interview had you came back for a second interview and didn’t want to give a chance just cause you don’t have experience they are people that have a passion in the medical assistant field and for them not giving someone a chance was not far
September 5, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We understand the disappointment that follows when candidates are interviewed but not selected for a job opening but want to give you some perspective that may help.

Many times we have multiple qualified candidates for a single position and we will interview several of them; and at times a second interview is requested for top candidates. Ultimately we are only able to select one person to fill a vacancy out of all the candidates who were interviewed, and have a difficult decision in deciding which candidate we will offer the position to.

While previous experience is helpful, it’s not the only factor we consider. We hire many Medical Assistants in both Washington and Oregon who are new grads and don’t have any experience beyond their MA training.

We encourage candidates to continue to search and apply for openings for which they are qualified and interested.

Management can be better
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAMay 18, 2018
Work was good, colleagues were good but upper management was not great. There are a lot of things not said and lots of favoritism. It is not equal within the whole organization.
great clinic, great coworkers
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toppenish, WAOctober 29, 2018
For the most part the employees at this location are amazing with their clients and coworkers. They are a good balance of professionalism and kindness.
November 1, 2018

Thank you for the time you gave, serving the medical needs of our community! Please feel free to take a look at our job boards and see if an opening fits your future career goals.

Community Health is not for wimps!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 20, 2018
A typical day starts at 7:30. Some 10 hour shifts make the week a tad more bearable. if you are unlucky enough to get a five day a week schedule as a nurse or MA, expect to be there more than 40 hours a week. Extremely high volume of patients, I averaged five miles daily per fit bit....give or take a few....can get very chaotic and overwhelming, due to very poor planning, communication and last minute realizations.

The hardest part of the job are the never ending additional tasks that keep getting added to patient rooming. The MA seems to be the hardest worked staff. Very little provider appreciation shown. Also, providers get bonuses if they see more patients than average, MA's who work more and harder for this provider to get his/her bonus, and the MA gets NOTHING! This Leads to employee dissatisfaction, or ads to it anyway. Especially when providers complain about their bonuses, vacations, etc.....in front of those of us who are working at poverty level wages, can't afford vacation and have difficulty getting the time off for a vacation, if one can afford one, is incredibly rude, uncaring and out of touch with those who work hard to make money for these providers...they are treated like royalty, due to issues with getting and keeping Good Providers and so some providers get away with a lot!

I have learned to be leery of companies offering bonuses for hire....aka; "horrid place to work, can't keep employees, reel you in with big money bonus, then you are stuck at a toxic workplace, unless you can afford to pay back the bonus".
Much stress and threats
  more... when it comes to having to miss work due to illness, family etc. And with stress being America's number one killer, it defies logic to place such an incredible amount of stress on employees that they are prone to illness because of it, and then threatened if you call in sick more than once in six months.

Corporate is in Yakima and the patient populations are vastly different, making the work in Spokane insanely frustrating when it comes to being heard, supported and supplemented for the work done in this city.

benefits are really good. Pay scale is finally getting up to par, however some newer hires make more per hour with the same and even less experienced co-workers...the only way to make more per hours is per annual review and then it is restricted at a low percentage....also, if you have been "found out" to have discussed this discrepancy, you will be fired. And finally, have never seen anyone advanced.

Managers never do any grunt work, but claim they plan to, would be a huge plus if any of them actually would DO it to see what workers go through on a daily basis and this would definitely be appreciated and helpful in terms of knowing how to manage the clinics. Working for someone who has no idea what is like to do the actual work demanded, in such a stressful environment is out of touch with operations and really can't be a part of problem solving....I have always abhorred higher ups who sit in their nice office with their nice benefits "looking" at what looks good on paper or to their own higher ups..when will companies get a clue that if you listen to, care for, and treat employees exceptionally well and fair, then everything else falls into place....employee loyalty, health, happiness, sick days and more?!

The absolute best part, are the co-workers. Most are hardworking and try to help each other, while trying to make the day bearable and sometimes, can make it fun. If you are not self motivated, on the ball and work as hard as others, you will be disliked and not treated well by others in the same positions.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
out of touch management and corporate, serious lack of appreciation for the hard work involved.
Excellent
Medical Records, Data entry, Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Toppenish, WAAugust 19, 2018
Excellent, I enjoyed working in this professional environment. I learned many helpful computer skills and made life long friends. I would work there again.
Pros
Health care
Cons
Unidentified
August 27, 2018

Thank you for the time and commitment you gave to helping our communities receive top-quality health care and services. We appreciate you and always are a little sad when someone so valued moves on. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and hope one day our paths cross again.

Stay away. Management is clueless and horrible!
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Yakima ValleyJuly 4, 2015
That place is the most toxic work environment I have ever seen. The upper management uses nasty tactics and stupid methods to run that company which should have been a better place. Working there might be tempting because it is nonprofit organization, and if you are a pharmacist like me then you might like the idea of having no metrics. However, there is a lot of politics, technicians spying on each other and on pharmacists, and the senior pharmacy director might ask you to sign a statement against one of her pharmacy managers during your training period. It was so stupid and nasty management that I hate mentioning that place on my resume. I was hired by a retail chain after I left that place and I could not be happier! at least the upper management has some sort of accountability where I work now.
Pros
Work Life balance
Cons
Horrible management
February 29, 2016

As an organization, we work diligently to increase transparency, improve the employee experience, earn the trust of staff, and further foster integrity throughout the organization.

As a result, we have measures in place to equip our supervisors and management with the tools they need to be the best leaders possible, including a six-year supervisor training program. The training program covers topics from effective leadership to learning how to hire the best employee for the job.

We take every opportunity to learn from all feedback. Thank you for sharing your personal experience as we continue to improve the experience for all our employees.

Poor management
Back Office (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 11, 2017
Some people at the company have experience in the field they are overlooking, other do not. This leads to an issue between being able to execute the high demand they put on employees, and being effective at your job. The work load is always increasing but the pay does not. The benefits are not good ($380 for spouse health insurance a month for a very limited network), and getting a raise is maxes out at 3% increase annually. The coworkers I had were among the worst group of people I have ever worked with.I mean truly awful. "Drama" seems to be a huge issue with a few key pot stirrers, but if you're favored by management you can do pretty much anything.
January 25, 2017

We are sorry you are having a difficult time in your position.

YVFWC has systems in place so that our employees can work with Human Resources partners if they feel they are not being heard by their supervisors.

We sincerely urge you to reach out to your HR Business Partner at ext. 3600.

Not a bad place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 18, 2018
This isn't a bad place to work. I've seen better places, but every place has its problems. If I were to work there again I would need to be mid level or better. I wouldn't want to work there again as a lower level employee.
August 27, 2018

Thank you for the time you gave to the communities we serve. It sounds like we could have done a better job showing recognition and appreciation toward you.

Our staff are the heart of the organization, which beats to serve the underserved. We couldn’t serve more than 149,000 patients every year without people just like you.

We wholeheartedly believe EVERY employee is extremely valued in the work they do, and we do not consider anyone “lower level.”

In addition, employee recognition is one of our top priorities and something we’ve been working hard to make sure our staff feel appreciated, because they truly are.

Great organization
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WANovember 7, 2017
YVFWC is a thriving healthcare organization that exists to provide care to those that may not otherwise revive it. I'm proud to be part of an organization that provides such needed programs and services. I feel like the work I do makes a difference in improving the health and wellbeing of people in my community. As an employee, the work and pace can be challenging but there is always support available. The pay, benefits, and opportunities for growth are excellent. Leadership is accessible and appreciative of the work staff does. I would whole-heartedly recommend YVFWC to anyone!
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Busy!
February 1, 2018

First and foremost, thank you for serving the patients of Yakima. We couldn’t help more than 140,000 people every year without dedicated members of our health care team, like you.

We know that we are a busy organization, because the need for affordable health care in our community is very high. The work you do, indeed, makes a different in improving the health and well-being of our community. Thank you for being a valued member of the team!

High pace work enviroment but poorly managed
Document Imaging Clerk (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJuly 21, 2015
This is a high paced work environment. Constant work flow. The co-workers are all family oriented and respectful. Management is very poor. She doesn't like to lead by her own rules. Very hypocritical. Almost like a dictatorship. No relating with her employees, she makes it very clear she's above us and untouchable. The hardest part is they are not lenient with obstacles of daily life like taking time for kids or illnesses.

They also do a lot with the community which I enjoy. The community jobs program is amazing. They help so many people get ready for the work place and educate for future opportunities.

I love working for this organization and hope to see it grow and change to better fit their employees needs as well at their clients.
Pros
great benefits and very diverse
Cons
poorly managed
November 18, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. As a current employee, we want to strongly encourage you to reach out to your Human Resources Business Partner at ext. 3600. As you mentioned, you are eager to see the organization grow and change. We share that desire.

Thank you for everything you do for our patients.

One of the most toxic environments on earth
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 6, 2016
This is one of the most toxic environments I have ever been a part of. It is like being in high school again. The management plays favorites with employees that have been with the company longer. I went in every day and gave 100% and in the end, I was "rewarded" with being fired on the last day of the month. Since they did it this way, my insurance ended on that same day, completely screwing me up because of the medications I take. And all of this was just days before my birthday. All of the reports and statistics they gave me as to everythings I was doing wrong was complete BS. Bottom line, I know I did the best job with the resources they gave me. I say good luck for anyone who chooses to work in that place.
Pros
good insurance, good pay
Cons
understaffed
March 1, 2016

We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic wasn’t a good fit.
You have our best wishes in your current and future endeavors.

Management was discriminatory - terrible ethics
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toppenish, WAOctober 25, 2015
I worked here for 9 months before I couldn't take it anymore. My boss singled me out as the only other female in the department and constantly was on me about 1 or 2 minutes late, while my coworkers were allowed to arrive 30 minutes late to work. My boss knew nothing of software development, yet continued to try and tell me how I should be doing my job. The lack of knowledge in the data department about appropriate technological solutions costs the entire company and enormous amount of money. The promotion structure was based on who you know, rather than your competency, another major roadblock costing the company tons of money, while the people actually doing the work are getting paid much less than management. I would not even go near this organization again.
Cons
Workplace Discrimination, I was salaried but clocked like an hourly employee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.