Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Overworked staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 16, 2018
I was not given the opportunity to suuceed as charge nurse.

Toxic Workplace culture upon new management administration.

Management did not promote autonomy and decision making.
Poor
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 20, 2018
I would not recommend others to work here due to the stressful work environment. The training is limited and few and far between. Comprehensive Healthcare offers more training and advancement opportunities.
Pros
Good pay/benefits for mental health
Cons
Poor work environment, high caseload
Great Place to work
Epic Analyst (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 6, 2018
I love working for a company who takes pride in helping the underserved. Even though I don't work in a clinic directly with patients I know that what I do helps the organization as a whole.
I've seen a lot of employees grow and move up into more advanced positions. It's always a good sign when a company chooses to promote internal employees. It's also nice to here at the annual Christmas Party how many employees have been here 10/15/20 and even 30 years. Good employees don't stay with an organization that long unless they are treating their employees right and giving them what they need to succeed.
In the department where I work, management often shows their appreciation by bringing in donuts, pizza, ice cream, etc.
Our team plays games and for the most part gets along like a family:)
Pros
Management acknowledges and makes it known they appreciate your efforts.
Cons
I dont see any other than out healthcare benefits could provide more
My review
Dental Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 24, 2018
YMVWC was a great place to work in the sense of their ideals for the company mission. In actuality in the clinic I worked, I felt the pace was incredibly fast paced. If there were better pay and more chance for advancement, I would have stayed.
February 8, 2018

It's unfortunate that you felt as though the pay and opportunities for advancement weren’t up to par. We review our pay structure annually to remain market-competitive.

We have also recently raised the company-wide minimum wage to well above the state minimum and are always looking for ways to promote from within. We hope you consider coming back and taking a look at our job boards for open positions.

Thank you for the review!

Great organization
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WANovember 7, 2017
YVFWC is a thriving healthcare organization that exists to provide care to those that may not otherwise revive it. I'm proud to be part of an organization that provides such needed programs and services. I feel like the work I do makes a difference in improving the health and wellbeing of people in my community. As an employee, the work and pace can be challenging but there is always support available. The pay, benefits, and opportunities for growth are excellent. Leadership is accessible and appreciative of the work staff does. I would whole-heartedly recommend YVFWC to anyone!
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Busy!
February 1, 2018

First and foremost, thank you for serving the patients of Yakima. We couldn’t help more than 140,000 people every year without dedicated members of our health care team, like you.

We know that we are a busy organization, because the need for affordable health care in our community is very high. The work you do, indeed, makes a different in improving the health and well-being of our community. Thank you for being a valued member of the team!

Great Place To Work
Clinic Manger (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WASeptember 8, 2017
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic is a great place to work. They offer very competitive benefits and compensation. Most importantly they always prioritize the needs of the patients.
November 6, 2017

We are so happy to have you as part of the team that helps serve our communities. We are so thankful for administrators like you who believe in the mission of providing quality health care to our communities that truly need it. We are thrilled to have you as a coworker!

Busy Busy Busy
Mid-Level Provider (Former Employee) –  OregonSeptember 1, 2017
Patients start at 740am, and are booked every 15 mins from there. Procedures are 30 min appointments, which can be very tricky for some providers. Several providers opted to stop doing procedures all together. They offer productivity bonuses, and say "you get to choose how big your bonus is..." But in reality, if there's an opening on your schedule, it's going to get filled. You have no choice in how many patients you see, therefore have no choice in how big your productivity bonus is. The call center girls choose that for you. If you're single, and money-job driven this is for you. If you have a family or care about quality patient care, keep looking. Much higher than average for provider turnover rate.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
15 min appointments.
October 6, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are indeed a very busy organization. We have so many patients that need our care and creating access to care is a top priority. Another top priority, however, is ensuring our employees have a sustainable workload and that our everyone, including our providers are happy and healthy. We encourage all our providers to discuss their workload concerns with their medical director and clinic director. We know that our leadership team truly cares and is always open and responsive to concerns regarding work-life.

We’re happy to report that our provider turnover rates are well below the average of other community health care organizations. Last year our turnover rate was just 12 percent, compared to other CHC’s who report turnover at 15-20+ percent.

We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

This job provided an excellent medical package
Mental Health Worker I (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 15, 2017
I worked for this company for five years and I probably would still be employed, but a program closed. It was a job where you can make a positive impact on clients. It was a meaningful job.
Pros
You made a difference in peoples lives
Cons
It could be emotionally challenging
June 28, 2017

We want to take a moment and say thank you for the years you gave to our patients and communities. We know many of the positions in our system are emotionally challenging because of the type of work we do, the people we serve, and because of the amount of passion we have.

You are no exception to that. We are sad to have to sometimes say goodbye to quality employees, such as yourself. Keep an eye on our job board for openings that might fit your experience!

Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAApril 18, 2017
Was a great place to work and great people. They have a strong foundation and are making great advancement to provide great service to customers. Vision and mission are great.
May 26, 2017

Thank you for being part of the great work that we do across the organization. We are truly thankful for the talented and passionate individuals we have in our organization.

Because there’s always more that can be done, we understand completely the long hours and hard work that our staff put in. With that in mind, Employee Recognition is one of our top priorities. We are so excited to roll out the “shout out” program, where fellow staff can recognize one another for the great work they are doing.

GREAT company
Confidential (Current Employee) –  ConfidentialMarch 20, 2017
This job is the best I've ever had. Everyone I work with is truly dedicated to the mission of providing quality care and services to our communities.

The organization has numerous learning and training opportunities that allow you to grow personally and professionally.

When you're working for access to health care for all, and looking at your patients social determinants of health, there is always more work to be done. This can mean sometimes work comes home with you, and sometimes you feel like your work life and personal life are unbalanced.

The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to work with THE best of the best.

This is the single best organization I’ve ever worked for. The people here are incredibly talented and I'm honored to work along side them.
Pros
Great cause, great coworkers
Cons
Work/Life Balance could be better
May 26, 2017

We completely understand that when you’re so passionate about the work you are doing, it is very easy to take it home with you.

We are constantly working on more ways to help our staff with their work/life balance. We’ve switched to a new EMR that helps providers complete their charting with better timing. We also work with supervisors across the organization to help recognize our employees for the great work they are doing, and help recognize when our employees might need encouragement to provide better self-care.

We are SO GLAD you are part of the mission of YVFWC. If you have additional ideas on work/life balance, please let your supervisor know and reach out to your Human Resources Business Partner. Thank you for doing what you do!

good company to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAFebruary 10, 2017
overall good atmosphere to work for. Company is good at keeping their workers satisfied and having incentives to keep them happy
It is great comany
General Dentist (Current Employee) –  Toppenish, WAJanuary 26, 2017
I like to work in this company but I want to relocate . The company is serving the low income people and Like that they serve this community . The company has great reputation
April 25, 2017

Thank you for the five-star review of Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic! We are thrilled to have you as part of our care team, providing quality care to those who truly need it. If you do decide to relocate, we’ll be sad to see you go.

Please feel free to continue to check in with our job boards and your recruiting office to see if a position opens up within our system to a location that better suits your family’s needs. We advertise all our openings internally so that our employees are aware of new opportunities. YVFWC encourages and fosters internal growth. Employees are also sent weekly jobs highlighting specific job openings. We encourage you to have an open line with your direct supervisor and express your interest in transferring.

We know that wherever you go, you’ll continue to bring quality dental care to people that need it. Thank you for doing what you do!

Poor management
Back Office (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 11, 2017
Some people at the company have experience in the field they are overlooking, other do not. This leads to an issue between being able to execute the high demand they put on employees, and being effective at your job. The work load is always increasing but the pay does not. The benefits are not good ($380 for spouse health insurance a month for a very limited network), and getting a raise is maxes out at 3% increase annually. The coworkers I had were among the worst group of people I have ever worked with.I mean truly awful. "Drama" seems to be a huge issue with a few key pot stirrers, but if you're favored by management you can do pretty much anything.
January 25, 2017

We are sorry you are having a difficult time in your position.

YVFWC has systems in place so that our employees can work with Human Resources partners if they feel they are not being heard by their supervisors.

We sincerely urge you to reach out to your HR Business Partner at ext. 3600.

Very fast paced and challenging work environment-never a dull moment
Director (Current Employee) –  Toppenish, WAOctober 20, 2016
I have worked for this corporation for almost 2 years and not a single day is predictable or dull. There are so many exciting new developments and optimizations occurring for the benefit of our patients and for the job satisfaction of staff. There are many opportunities for advancement and growth is upon us as we keep up the rapid pace with changing the face of patient care and wellness. Not for the weak or weary. I've never worked anyplace like it.
Pros
Daily opportunities to learn, Fast paced and Patient-centered
Cons
Days don't seem long enought and time does fly by in the blink of an eye
January 25, 2017

Our services are needed by so many people in our community that we are always striving to discover how we can maintain our world-class care AND see just one more patient. Much of our work is very fast-paced and we are so glad you are part of the mission.

Thank you for your service to our patients!

Toxic IT environment
IT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toppenish, WASeptember 15, 2016
Upper IT management are clueless micromanaging people. They have no idea how to lead or what it takes to run an IT department.

They will lie and bully anyone that does not fall in line with them.

The CEO used to really care about the employees, but he has become so detached, he has no idea what is really going on. Management continues to spread the lie that there is just a "hump" that needs to be overcome and things will smooth out. I have heard that for over 5 years.

The staff is overwhelmed causing corners to be cut to meet unrealistic deadlines.

They want to outsource everything, but when that fails, staff are then blamed for not making sure it was right even though management told us not to work on a project.
Pros
Pay is pretty good for the area.
Cons
Getting bullied and lied to by management.
January 25, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We want you to know that we take every review seriously and are looking into these matters.

As a current employee, we also urge you to reach out to your Human Resources Business Partner at ext. 3600. We have systems in place at our organization so that employees can contact HR if they feel they are not being heard by their supervisors.

Comment – August 2, 2018

Funny how HR keeps getting on here and suggesting people contact them.

They were contacted by MULTIPLE people about this issue and have done nothing to correct it. They are now trying to squelch issues of sexual harassment by one of their worthless supervisors.

Maybe if HR would have done their job when it was reported to them YEARS ago about the bullying and harassment, this wouldn't have been allowed to happen.

Awesome Management
IS Helpdesk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toppenish, WAAugust 4, 2016
Loved the work I did with YVFWC. The training is readily available and management is willing to work with you to get the training you need to move up in their company.
January 25, 2017

Thank you for your review! We believe in the work we do at YVFWC and that includes all departments. Internally there are many training opportunities to advance your career.

We are always sad to lose someone who believes in the mission such as you and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Lincoln ave
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJuly 2, 2016
I m a former employee.. the management in the office played alot of favortism. My ex co worker would come in late be on her cell phone making personal calls coming into work reaking of alcohol and when someone would bring it up to management we were told on to the person we complained about. Because they where friends. It made it worse. So i left.
Till this day it still plays that roll in that place.
Doctors where all nice. I liked working with them. And some of the others. But hated to go to work everyday because of the favortism in my department. Made it bad
Benefits are good...

But drama is high!!
Cons
Favortism in departments lack Professionalism
January 20, 2017

It sounds like we could have done a better job connecting you with our HR Business Partners who are here to support staff who feel they aren’t being heard by their supervisors.

We genuinely hope you have success in your current endeavors.

Great place to work.
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMay 31, 2016
I have worked at this organization for more than a year now. I have been able to see and meet many of our staff, providers and administrators at all levels of the organization, and we all have one thing in common: the true desire to better our communities.

The pay is competitive and there are constant opportunities for personal and professional growth. Supervisors are given the opportunity to become better leaders with many training courses.

The overall experience of working here has been the best I've had in my professional career so far.
Pros
Great co-workers, great mission and great work.
January 20, 2017

Thank you so much! We are happy to hear that you are part of the Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic family and enjoying your time here. Many of our employees stay with our organization for decades. I hope that you’ll be one of them.

Good place to work for!
Dental Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAMarch 28, 2016
Good organiztion to work for, great benefits. Process in counter on a daily baisis. Love to work with all my co-workers they are very helpful.
January 20, 2017

It really warms our hearts to hear that you’ve found a good fit at Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic.

Our work is profoundly rewarding and we are proud of our staff who are making such a profound difference in our patients’ lives.

High Stress Environment
HR (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAMarch 23, 2016
Some days are extremely enjoyable, while others are miserable. I loved the work I was doing, and my colleagues were awesome; however, many supervisors determine how your days go by the mood that they are in.
January 23, 2017

We are here to serve the patients and are here to do so in such a great capacity, it’s no different for the internal departments like HR, Billing, accounting, and so on. Our work can be very stressful when working with internal hiring managers who are desperate to get staff on boarded. This is where our meticulous hiring practices, which can sometimes slow the process, create an internal conflict. We are in growth mode and there is a lot of information to work with. Part of the challenge and the blessing of where we are: our impact will be greater, but the growing pains can be… painful. We thank you for your feedback. We need to continue to be engaged in our employees and hearing the stresses.