Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic Employee Reviews

Good place to work at
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WASeptember 21, 2018
I enjoyed working here, employees were all friendly and helpfull. Everyone is treated with respect. They’re professional and keep busy all day. They pay was good, the hours were good too. The pay could be better if you look at the amount of work done there but it’s a lot better than other clinics. One maybe bad thing some of the providers were a little rude I don’t know why maybe because the have a higher title they believe they can be rude to you when you do something wrong but they’re not that bad but that’s about the only thing I didn’t like was some providers maybe two out of all the clinic which isn’t bad. But definitely would recommend anyone to come here you will get treated good by staff and patients are treated good too great place to work.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
busy
Excellent place to get my feet under me as a provider
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Toppenish, WASeptember 19, 2018
Being able to have loan repayment was crucial and I appreciated this at YVFWC. I had wonderful mentors in the family practice department who helped me feel solid in my practice after my tenure there.
Not give a chance
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, ORSeptember 4, 2018
They act like they like you in The interview had you came back for a second interview and didn’t want to give a chance just cause you don’t have experience they are people that have a passion in the medical assistant field and for them not giving someone a chance was not far
September 5, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We understand the disappointment that follows when candidates are interviewed but not selected for a job opening but want to give you some perspective that may help.

Many times we have multiple qualified candidates for a single position and we will interview several of them; and at times a second interview is requested for top candidates. Ultimately we are only able to select one person to fill a vacancy out of all the candidates who were interviewed, and have a difficult decision in deciding which candidate we will offer the position to.

While previous experience is helpful, it’s not the only factor we consider. We hire many Medical Assistants in both Washington and Oregon who are new grads and don’t have any experience beyond their MA training.

We encourage candidates to continue to search and apply for openings for which they are qualified and interested.

Excellent
Medical Records, Data entry, Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Toppenish, WAAugust 19, 2018
Excellent, I enjoyed working in this professional environment. I learned many helpful computer skills and made life long friends. I would work there again.
Pros
Health care
Cons
Unidentified
August 27, 2018

Thank you for the time and commitment you gave to helping our communities receive top-quality health care and services. We appreciate you and always are a little sad when someone so valued moves on. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and hope one day our paths cross again.

Do not work here
Dentistry For Kids (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAAugust 17, 2018
Management is terrible and the company will do nothing to change it. I do appreciate what this company does for low income families but this is a toxic place to work and the pay is not great, but you do receive good benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Hostile work environment
August 27, 2018

We are very sorry to hear your experience working on our team didn’t meet your expectations. It is our desire that all our staff are in a positive working environment and as an organization we have systems in place to help achieve that goal.

We are a little confused about the “pay is not great” portion of your review. The compensation rate in our organization is very competitive. In addition to that, we regularly review market data to ensure we are staying competitive in our employee pay rates. Because of that, above the annual raises our employees receive, we have also adjusted the compensation rates of the entire organization to ensure we are paying staff a competitive rate.

We are sorry you weren’t able to achieve that goal, working with your HR Business Partner and supervisor. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Overworked staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 16, 2018
I was not given the opportunity to suuceed as charge nurse.

Toxic Workplace culture upon new management administration.

Management did not promote autonomy and decision making.
August 27, 2018

We have forwarded your concerns on to our quality department for further review. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Poor
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 20, 2018
I would not recommend others to work here due to the stressful work environment. The training is limited and few and far between. Comprehensive Healthcare offers more training and advancement opportunities.
Pros
Good pay/benefits for mental health
Cons
Poor work environment, high caseload
August 27, 2018

As a current employee, we encourage you to reach out to your HR Business Partner and supervisor to help mitigate a stressful work environment.

One of our top priorities is work/life balance with our staff, in addition to training and offering advancement opportunities. We actually have a full department within Human Resources for training and helping our staff advance in their careers.

Please feel free to express to your supervisor your interest in moving forward with your career at Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic. We are always thrilled to promote from within. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review.

Not a bad place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 18, 2018
This isn't a bad place to work. I've seen better places, but every place has its problems. If I were to work there again I would need to be mid level or better. I wouldn't want to work there again as a lower level employee.
August 27, 2018

Thank you for the time you gave to the communities we serve. It sounds like we could have done a better job showing recognition and appreciation toward you.

Our staff are the heart of the organization, which beats to serve the underserved. We couldn’t serve more than 149,000 patients every year without people just like you.

We wholeheartedly believe EVERY employee is extremely valued in the work they do, and we do not consider anyone “lower level.”

In addition, employee recognition is one of our top priorities and something we’ve been working hard to make sure our staff feel appreciated, because they truly are.

Great Place to work
Epic Analyst (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 6, 2018
I love working for a company who takes pride in helping the underserved. Even though I don't work in a clinic directly with patients I know that what I do helps the organization as a whole.
I've seen a lot of employees grow and move up into more advanced positions. It's always a good sign when a company chooses to promote internal employees. It's also nice to here at the annual Christmas Party how many employees have been here 10/15/20 and even 30 years. Good employees don't stay with an organization that long unless they are treating their employees right and giving them what they need to succeed.
In the department where I work, management often shows their appreciation by bringing in donuts, pizza, ice cream, etc.
Our team plays games and for the most part gets along like a family:)
Pros
Management acknowledges and makes it known they appreciate your efforts.
Cons
I dont see any other than out healthcare benefits could provide more
August 27, 2018

Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are thrilled to have you as part of the family and could not do what we do without the proper functionality of Epic.

It definitely tugs at the heart strings when staff receive recognition for the longevity of their careers with Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic. There was even one staff member recognized this year for hitting 35 years with the organization. What a humbling and proud moment!

Management can be better
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAMay 18, 2018
Work was good, colleagues were good but upper management was not great. There are a lot of things not said and lots of favoritism. It is not equal within the whole organization.
Stressful place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunnyside, WAMarch 21, 2018
Very Stressful work place. There is a lot of favoritism and micromanagement. They will tell you that you are replaceable and be little you. They are all about taking care of family until it is time to take care of your own family. You are only allowed a very little amount of call ins. So if you have little one I would not recommended working here. It is not a positive work environment. I would not recommended working for YVFWC.
Pros
Only pros would be the benefits
Cons
work enviroment, managment, paid leave, paid sick leave
My review
Dental Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 24, 2018
YMVWC was a great place to work in the sense of their ideals for the company mission. In actuality in the clinic I worked, I felt the pace was incredibly fast paced. If there were better pay and more chance for advancement, I would have stayed.
February 8, 2018

It's unfortunate that you felt as though the pay and opportunities for advancement weren’t up to par. We review our pay structure annually to remain market-competitive.

We have also recently raised the company-wide minimum wage to well above the state minimum and are always looking for ways to promote from within. We hope you consider coming back and taking a look at our job boards for open positions.

Thank you for the review!

Community Health is not for wimps!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 20, 2018
A typical day starts at 7:30. Some 10 hour shifts make the week a tad more bearable. if you are unlucky enough to get a five day a week schedule as a nurse or MA, expect to be there more than 40 hours a week. Extremely high volume of patients, I averaged five miles daily per fit bit....give or take a few....can get very chaotic and overwhelming, due to very poor planning, communication and last minute realizations.

The hardest part of the job are the never ending additional tasks that keep getting added to patient rooming. The MA seems to be the hardest worked staff. Very little provider appreciation shown. Also, providers get bonuses if they see more patients than average, MA's who work more and harder for this provider to get his/her bonus, and the MA gets NOTHING! This Leads to employee dissatisfaction, or ads to it anyway. Especially when providers complain about their bonuses, vacations, etc.....in front of those of us who are working at poverty level wages, can't afford vacation and have difficulty getting the time off for a vacation, if one can afford one, is incredibly rude, uncaring and out of touch with those who work hard to make money for these providers...they are treated like royalty, due to issues with getting and keeping Good Providers and so some providers get away with a lot!

I have learned to be leery of companies offering bonuses for hire....aka; "horrid place to work, can't keep employees, reel you in with big money bonus, then you are stuck at a toxic workplace, unless you can afford to pay back the bonus".
Much stress and threats
  more... when it comes to having to miss work due to illness, family etc. And with stress being America's number one killer, it defies logic to place such an incredible amount of stress on employees that they are prone to illness because of it, and then threatened if you call in sick more than once in six months.

Corporate is in Yakima and the patient populations are vastly different, making the work in Spokane insanely frustrating when it comes to being heard, supported and supplemented for the work done in this city.

benefits are really good. Pay scale is finally getting up to par, however some newer hires make more per hour with the same and even less experienced co-workers...the only way to make more per hours is per annual review and then it is restricted at a low percentage....also, if you have been "found out" to have discussed this discrepancy, you will be fired. And finally, have never seen anyone advanced.

Managers never do any grunt work, but claim they plan to, would be a huge plus if any of them actually would DO it to see what workers go through on a daily basis and this would definitely be appreciated and helpful in terms of knowing how to manage the clinics. Working for someone who has no idea what is like to do the actual work demanded, in such a stressful environment is out of touch with operations and really can't be a part of problem solving....I have always abhorred higher ups who sit in their nice office with their nice benefits "looking" at what looks good on paper or to their own higher ups..when will companies get a clue that if you listen to, care for, and treat employees exceptionally well and fair, then everything else falls into place....employee loyalty, health, happiness, sick days and more?!

The absolute best part, are the co-workers. Most are hardworking and try to help each other, while trying to make the day bearable and sometimes, can make it fun. If you are not self motivated, on the ball and work as hard as others, you will be disliked and not treated well by others in the same positions.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
out of touch management and corporate, serious lack of appreciation for the hard work involved.
Great organization
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WANovember 7, 2017
YVFWC is a thriving healthcare organization that exists to provide care to those that may not otherwise revive it. I'm proud to be part of an organization that provides such needed programs and services. I feel like the work I do makes a difference in improving the health and wellbeing of people in my community. As an employee, the work and pace can be challenging but there is always support available. The pay, benefits, and opportunities for growth are excellent. Leadership is accessible and appreciative of the work staff does. I would whole-heartedly recommend YVFWC to anyone!
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Busy!
February 1, 2018

First and foremost, thank you for serving the patients of Yakima. We couldn’t help more than 140,000 people every year without dedicated members of our health care team, like you.

We know that we are a busy organization, because the need for affordable health care in our community is very high. The work you do, indeed, makes a different in improving the health and well-being of our community. Thank you for being a valued member of the team!

Yvfw
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WASeptember 26, 2017
I loved working at Health Information Management it was amazing i wish i could have stayed there, it was just amazing, had great co-workers. They were very understanding i would recommend it.
I liked it
RDA (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 20, 2017
Just too many hours and paperwork is a little extensive for patients. The staff is great and have been there a long time the boss is great too benefits are competitive
Fun and great doctors to work with
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nob Hill blvd.September 12, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the diverse cultures and populations within the area and the opportunities for growth in triaging patients both over the phone and within the clinic.
Pros
Good communication between ancillary staff
Cons
My father became terminally ill and lived over 40 mi away
Great Place To Work
Clinic Manger (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WASeptember 8, 2017
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic is a great place to work. They offer very competitive benefits and compensation. Most importantly they always prioritize the needs of the patients.
November 6, 2017

We are so happy to have you as part of the team that helps serve our communities. We are so thankful for administrators like you who believe in the mission of providing quality health care to our communities that truly need it. We are thrilled to have you as a coworker!

Busy Busy Busy
Mid-Level Provider (Former Employee) –  OregonSeptember 1, 2017
Patients start at 740am, and are booked every 15 mins from there. Procedures are 30 min appointments, which can be very tricky for some providers. Several providers opted to stop doing procedures all together. They offer productivity bonuses, and say "you get to choose how big your bonus is..." But in reality, if there's an opening on your schedule, it's going to get filled. You have no choice in how many patients you see, therefore have no choice in how big your productivity bonus is. The call center girls choose that for you. If you're single, and money-job driven this is for you. If you have a family or care about quality patient care, keep looking. Much higher than average for provider turnover rate.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
15 min appointments.
October 6, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are indeed a very busy organization. We have so many patients that need our care and creating access to care is a top priority. Another top priority, however, is ensuring our employees have a sustainable workload and that our everyone, including our providers are happy and healthy. We encourage all our providers to discuss their workload concerns with their medical director and clinic director. We know that our leadership team truly cares and is always open and responsive to concerns regarding work-life.

We’re happy to report that our provider turnover rates are well below the average of other community health care organizations. Last year our turnover rate was just 12 percent, compared to other CHC’s who report turnover at 15-20+ percent.

We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

This job provided an excellent medical package
Mental Health Worker I (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 15, 2017
I worked for this company for five years and I probably would still be employed, but a program closed. It was a job where you can make a positive impact on clients. It was a meaningful job.
Pros
You made a difference in peoples lives
Cons
It could be emotionally challenging
June 28, 2017

We want to take a moment and say thank you for the years you gave to our patients and communities. We know many of the positions in our system are emotionally challenging because of the type of work we do, the people we serve, and because of the amount of passion we have.

You are no exception to that. We are sad to have to sometimes say goodbye to quality employees, such as yourself. Keep an eye on our job board for openings that might fit your experience!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about