Yale New Haven Health Employee Reviews

Wonderful Employer
Social Worker II (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 13, 2019
I enjoy my job and my colleagues. A very stimulating place to work. Patients choose Yale for it's cutting edge high reliability organization and for its outstanding staff.
Pros
Pto
Cons
parking
My chosen work. Repair,.maintaining, and interface of the medical devices
Visiting Angels (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, CT 06455February 12, 2019
iI found the job interesting and very enjoyable. I left because of a long term sickness in a family member. I chose to care for my family member. I loved my work at the hospital. It was very physical in the type of work. I could work now in a less physically demanding environment. I repaired and did maintained the medical equipment. I interfaced the equipment with the staff.
Pros
The challenge
Cons
On-call
YNHH is a great place to work!
CMA/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTFebruary 6, 2019
Working for YNHH is great! There is room for advancement, training. The co-workers are willing to assist you in learning your part of the team. The more you put into your position, the more you show your team and management what you are capable of.
Pros
benefits, paid vacations
Business oriented work enviornment
CNA (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RIJanuary 31, 2019
I did not feel patient safety or well being was first priority
Short staffed very frequently putting stress on staff which effects patient care
No incentive or room for advancement in pay
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Short staffing in all areas
Management interested in one thing....
Clinical Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 22, 2019
Getting ahead in therir own career.. Overall my dept was great when the management was great. Managers from hospital that was taken over eventually took over department. These people had no clue what they were doing. This pattern continued. And the dumber they got, the more cut-throat it became. Quality and performance ...eventually there won’t be any.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Cut throat environment
It's a place where you can grow
Mental Health Worker /CNA/Medical (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 2, 2019
This is a place where you can learn a lot of medical terms as well learn different positions, that will help you get more hands on experience on the other floors.
Pros
we get our time away from patients
Cons
breaks are to short
Unlimited opprotunities
Community Educator (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 26, 2018
Very competitive as it is a very large organization. Salary does not relate to cost of living. Management is knowledgeable but very uniform. Your paid time off is first come first serve depending on the department. Some departments have to plan their time off 6 months in advance. Cannot be late 3 minutes or call out sick 2 times in a month before a written warning is issued.
Nice place to work
Application Analyst (Identity Access Management) (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTDecember 16, 2018
Nice place to work
Even for a short time
They don't seem to hire outside consultants on. Other employees that are already onboard are put in positions instead.
Horrible place to work
Assistant Director of Pt Services (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 15, 2018
Cut-throat, very racist co-workers, hostile to new employees, gossiping a lot. Management does not want to hear any complaints.
If you report problem, you get in trouble. It's better to stay quiet
Never want to go back there again.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Great Shadowing and Volunteer Opportunities
Shadow/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 13, 2018
I shadowed a genetic counselor and they were all very helpful and welcoming. Everyone provided their own experiences and helped me in understanding topics I might not know about.
A place full of opportunities to grow
CareCard Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 11, 2018
During my five year career, I've been able to serve in several capacities. I'm thankful for my experiences that have taught me so much about the health system and about serving the community with compassion and integrity.
Lead Patient Family Liaison - Perioperative Svcs (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 5, 2018
Management is great in my department. They are very understanding, helpful, and always thank their employees for their hard work. Employees never go unnoticed.
experience not expertise
Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 3, 2018
Staff is overworked, scheduling has limited flexibility. Drama galore. High turnover rate (40 people in 2 years aprx on 1 floor). Seniority does not necessarily know best. If you succeed its a you vs them. People are risking patient care and health but still manage to have a job.
Pros
pto cash out
Cons
no breaks limited scheduling flexibility drama uncomfortable
Great Place to work!
LCSW (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 29, 2018
So enjoyed my time working at Yale New Haven Hospital. The staff is among the finest in the industry. The ongoing professional development helps us to stay on top of the latest developments in the field.
Awesome
Perioperative Support Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 26, 2018
Yale New haven Hospital really helped me in a lot of ares in my life like being a peoples person I grown to love people and helping them with whatever I need to at that moment...
High paced place to work depending on the pavilion.
Lead Enviromental Service Aide (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 24, 2018
Yale New Haven Hospital is a very diverse place. You see all different types of people from all different walks of life. Working at Yale has definitely made my interpersonal skills much stronger. One of the things I do not like about Yale is, for service departments, it is hard to move out. I have coworker with their bachelors degree and cannot seem to find their way out. I also don't like that most higher ups are not friendly(doctors). They seem to think they are better than everyone. They will not even say hello half of the time.
i love my co workers and the people i worked WITH not the people i worked FOR. management sucked, they overused their power.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 18, 2018
overall, job and duties were not bad. it is just the management in my department that was horrible. very authoritative and over using their power. you cannot voice out your opinions and suggestions. they are not leading the group but micromanaging the employees.
Pros
benefits were great
Cons
short breaks and favoritism
It's okay
Bridgeport Hospital Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 16, 2018
Doesn't pay that well, parking is way too expensive, its hard to get a full time position (been here for 7 years) you literally have to know people, a lot can be better
Pros
a lot of growth opportunities (you just have to know people)
Cons
The pay isn't that well as an employee who's been here for 7 years
Enjoyable place to work
Creative Arts Therapist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 12, 2018
Other staff are helpful and always wanting to collaborate. I felt my role was valued in the work environment. Enjoyable place to work, wish the benefits were better.
Pros
Collaborative work environment
Cons
No benefits
Good place to start
Lab Associate in Specimen Processing Department (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 11, 2018
Good teamwork, but heavy workload and not enough staff. We do not get much over time hours. It gets stressful during busy time. But during down time, it is okay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yale New Haven Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss