Yale New Haven Health Employee Reviews

Lead Patient Family Liaison - Perioperative Svcs (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 5, 2018
Management is great in my department. They are very understanding, helpful, and always thank their employees for their hard work. Employees never go unnoticed.
experience not expertise
Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 3, 2018
Staff is overworked, scheduling has limited flexibility. Drama galore. High turnover rate (40 people in 2 years aprx on 1 floor). Seniority does not necessarily know best. If you succeed its a you vs them. People are risking patient care and health but still manage to have a job.
Pros
pto cash out
Cons
no breaks limited scheduling flexibility drama uncomfortable
Great Place to work!
LCSW (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 29, 2018
So enjoyed my time working at Yale New Haven Hospital. The staff is among the finest in the industry. The ongoing professional development helps us to stay on top of the latest developments in the field.
Awesome
Perioperative Support Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 26, 2018
Yale New haven Hospital really helped me in a lot of ares in my life like being a peoples person I grown to love people and helping them with whatever I need to at that moment...
High paced place to work depending on the pavilion.
Lead Enviromental Service Aide (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 24, 2018
Yale New Haven Hospital is a very diverse place. You see all different types of people from all different walks of life. Working at Yale has definitely made my interpersonal skills much stronger. One of the things I do not like about Yale is, for service departments, it is hard to move out. I have coworker with their bachelors degree and cannot seem to find their way out. I also don't like that most higher ups are not friendly(doctors). They seem to think they are better than everyone. They will not even say hello half of the time.
i love my co workers and the people i worked WITH not the people i worked FOR. management sucked, they overused their power.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 18, 2018
overall, job and duties were not bad. it is just the management in my department that was horrible. very authoritative and over using their power. you cannot voice out your opinions and suggestions. they are not leading the group but micromanaging the employees.
Pros
benefits were great
Cons
short breaks and favoritism
It's okay
Bridgeport Hospital Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 16, 2018
Doesn't pay that well, parking is way too expensive, its hard to get a full time position (been here for 7 years) you literally have to know people, a lot can be better
Pros
a lot of growth opportunities (you just have to know people)
Cons
The pay isn't that well as an employee who's been here for 7 years
Enjoyable place to work
Creative Arts Therapist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 12, 2018
Other staff are helpful and always wanting to collaborate. I felt my role was valued in the work environment. Enjoyable place to work, wish the benefits were better.
Pros
Collaborative work environment
Cons
No benefits
Good place to start
Lab Associate in Specimen Processing Department (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 11, 2018
Good teamwork, but heavy workload and not enough staff. We do not get much over time hours. It gets stressful during busy time. But during down time, it is okay.
Food Service St. Raphaels
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  New HavenNovember 10, 2018
Management is two faced and cut throat, will lie with a straight face, they are not helpful one manager sits in the office and orders pocketbooks online and hates of she has to actually do some work, she's down right lazy as long as your making her job easy she loves you
Pros
Lots of overtime hours
Cons
Managers are awful
we were bought out
Heath care worker (Former Employee) –  outpatientNovember 6, 2018
Management wants profits with as little manpower as possible. Does not support employees "patient is always right" they own everything and expect you to be thankful you have a job. They operate under the auspices that you will bend backwards for them. They do not like to put things in writing because then they would have to follow the rules. It was easy for me to know that I had a positive effect on my patients, but the managers did not care, all the way up the chain....
Pros
patients
Cons
watch your back
Awesome Team and great benefits packages
Outpatient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 28, 2018
I worked 3rdshift. Responsible for checking in emergency room patient and admitting maternity and direct admits. Lastest medical software used is EPIC systems to input insurance and demographic information. Somedays the volume of patient ratio to workers on hand was overwhelming.
Pros
suits for uniforms, great cafeteria
Cons
parking is expensive
Professional Environment
Language Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 22, 2018
I mainly worked in an enclosed office. I learned a lot about data entry. It was a temp position; therefore, I could not advance as I would've liked to.
Highly overrated
Clinical Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 19, 2018
Strict institutional rules and policies (such as where one can pump breast milk). Management without educational qualifications in many cases. Departments able to modify policies with support from HR.
Stable and secure employment
CORPORATE PARALEGAL (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 17, 2018
While certain positions do not lend much in the way of professional advance, job security is great. There are employees celebrating decades of service. The System recognizes employees are a regular basis and does provided many benefits to supplement your salary.
A positive work environment
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 17, 2018
I worked at Yale over 20 years ago, but I always felt that I was treated with respect and that my ideas and input were always considered. Professionalism was always important at Yale, as well as patients' rights and the role of respecting those rights on the part of healthcare providers.
A decent place to work.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 13, 2018
-A typical day at work for me revolves around delivering to the various units, communicating with my coworkers, and simply getting the job done.

-I have learned to professionally communicate with people from all walks of life. Strong work ethic, being a team player, all the various aspects that relate to healthcare.

-Management is responsive, respectful, informative, and fair across the board in my department.

-The hardest part of the job is the manual labor. We are constantly on our feet for most of the shift, we also are required to move heavy equipment if the need arises.
Pros
Flexible break times, overtime, holiday pay, shift differential pay.
Cons
Manual labor, poor food choices in the cafeteria, not enough programs to advance within the company.
Great place for clinical advancement
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 9, 2018
Wonderful company to work for, lots of room for clinical advancement. Yale New Haven Hospital is at the forefront of using evidence based practice at the bedside to optimize patient outcomes. Efforts are continuously evaluated to improve the working environment for staff and patients.
Culture of Yale New Haven Hospital
Manager of Obstetrics (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 6, 2018
Yale New Haven Hospital was a wonderful place to work. I had great opportunities to learn operations and advanced level of care for patients. Yale supported me while getting my MBA and they paid 90% of the tuition.
The VP of nursing at the time, was very supportive for nurses. She was a role model of excellence.
Pretty Good Place To Work
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 4, 2018
-Long hours & high expectations
-Collaborative team approach
-Great pay
-Not a lot of time off & when requested, it's denied
-Great doctors & nurses
-No lunch break or extra compensation for overtime or worked lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yale New Haven Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss