Yale New Haven Health logo
Yale New Haven Health
Happiness rating is 71 out of 100Above average

Yale New Haven Health Employee Reviews

Great Managers and co-workers

Supportive co-workers and managers available for assistancePositive workplace cultureTypically a busy day- but with time to connect with co-workers

Management is terrible

The management does not care about you and you are just a number. I.T is a good place to start off as a new grad. But get your expereince and know you worth

Pros

Tuition reinbursement, coworkers

Cons

managements, work/life balance

Great benefits horrible management

Benefits are great. Management not so much they treat you like slaves. We are always short staffed and management does nothing about it. The reason we are short staffed is because everybody keeps leaving.

Benefits

Lots of different opportunities.

Great place to work. Lots of chance for advancement. The work is hard but rewarding. Management in nursing is unkind and judgmental. Staff was like my family. It’s a great place to work if you can get along

Pros

Pleasant environment

Cons

Nursing management

Flexible schedule, but needs more advancement opportunities

Overall a good place to work. Benefits are good, hours and management are flexible with schedule which helps with work/life balance. Remote work is nice, with in office option. Compensation and advancement are probably the weakest points. Raises should be better than they are. Yearly bonuses help though.

Pros

Remote work, flexible schedule

Cons

Compensation and advancement

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Good place to start

Yale has a very supportive environment. However, though they have good benefits in certain roles the pay could be a lot better. Management is very supportive and really strive to have growth for the employees.

Not a bad place

Decent place, depending on the floor youre on, Great coworkers for the most part. Management is bad. Toxic. Underpaid for what I do. OT has good compensation though

Pros

good coworkers

Cons

toxic management, pay

I feel like I go into work with a sense of help from those that I work with. Rarely do I feel helpless in my workplace or like I have no one to turn to. I have learned so much.

Amazing

I enjoy my job at Yale New Haven hospital as a Covit-19 tester( PCA ). Working with staff works great together. Teamwork all the time. I love my job

Pros

Lot of teamwork everybody working together

Cons

Lunch break is too short

Quality of workers is high. A bit management heavy.

I enjoyed the work at the time, but work was not spread evenly. Those who are talented an hard working receive the lions share of the work load Others are often allowed to skate by with bare minimums. Salary compensation is ok.

Jobs at Yale New Haven Health

See more jobs

Good place

Good place to work at, each unit will be different though. Lots of room to grow and climb. Great work life balance, lots of opportunities for OT and coworkers are great

Pros

Good culture, good benefits, good scheduling

Cons

Pay could be better compensated, management

Great team

I love it. The people are very supportive and have specific protocolsto guide you with work. The manager is supportive. The meetings tend to be long though and it sometimes delays the procedures.

Pros

Great work environment, fast-paced

Cons

Sometimes long meetings that can delay prep time for procedures

Pretty good pay but management and culture...lacks

The pay starting out in any department is $15, many casual, part time, and full time positions. Anything over 16 gives you part time benefits I believe. Insurance is decent as long as you Once you're in, you're in. But that fact is taken advantage of to another level. Many opportunities to move up. DEFINETLY DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU ARE BASED. And its clique galore. The typical "I want to help others" sentiment is not shown by a lot of actions. Wash your hands and sanitize, even with covid this is still not done 100%. Maybe 80 over the last year....You will leave with a new outlook on the health/medical field!

Pros

Pay, benefits, job security, room to grow

Cons

Atmosphere

Productive, great learning environment

Productive, great learning environment. Flexible schedules, tuition reimbursement. Most units work as a team. Clean environment. Cons are paying for parking and waiting for the shuttle.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Paying for parking

Overall

Stressful af & under paid. People don’t fully appreciate your position & undermine your whole purpose of your job & have no care they do it. Do better yale.

Pros

Some coworkers

Cons

Everything else for people in power

Diversity

Only wish they didn't put so much emphasis on getting "Magnet" status. You realize this "status" is only something they pay for. In essence good place to work and work hard

Pros

Inovative

Cons

Magnet status pressure

If you are a Pharmacy Tech Get ready to be extra tired and underpaid

Yale does not appreciate their pharmacy technicians for all they do. You will feel tired and exhausted the majority of the time. There is barely any work/life balance. There were times when I would literally DREAD going to work at this place. Be aware a lot has changed you have to work on-call no matter what. If it's your only day off. Guess what? You have to come in and work a shift. If you're already at work and tired? You would have to do a double because someone called out on the next shift. Also, let's not forget the High School drama. In conclusion, this place sucks.

Pros

Benefits/ Decent pay

Cons

Underappreciated, Drama, No Life

Had a good experience as a new grad

Tough work environment for sure, it is always busy with sick patients. But you’ll learn a lot from working there! Has a great new grad residency program.

Terrible

They show no appreciation for staff they underpay their employees for the amount of work we do and not to mention management is TERRIBLE there is favoritism and always under staffed with lack of help from managers and they are not understanding

Great Place Overall

I enjoy working here quite a bit. That being said, there is widespread dysfunction throughout the entire system where the upper management of a given department has no idea what goes on below. There is a lack of input from the departments we work with which leads to a lot of issues. But most of them are fixable. I personally like my department's upper management.If you're expecting organizational efficiency in non patient facing roles, this probably isn't the place for you. If you're the type that getsfrustrated easily, probably not the placefor you. But if you can roll with the punches, you can really make a career for yourself here as there is a lot of opportunity for those with the right personality.

Okay

There is an opportunity to gain an abundant amount of good experience and knowledge. However, my unit is frequently understaffed with a heavy patient load.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yale New Haven Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.4
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Yale New Haven Health with

• Yale New Haven Health
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?