Yale New Haven Health
72Above average

Yale New Haven Health Employee Reviews

United States715 reviews
Yale New Haven Hospital offers a clean, safe, energetic, honest and trustworthy environment for all. Yale Takes pride in the well being of every staff member.
Yale New Haven Health is a decent place for employment for college graduates and those whom are pursuing specific careers in the medical field. Those careers are doctor's, nurse's, and physical therapists. However it isn't ideal for other employment within the medical setting. Especially if you are seeking flexibility, stability, and advancement. Advancement is possible but not guaranteed.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Not at all flexible and not guaranteed to advance your career regardless of your education.
Take New Haven hospital is an organizational facility made up of several hospitals. I’ve worked within this organization for over 18 years and love it. There’s lots of opportunity and support for advancement educationally. Also, the working environments are great. I’d definitely recommend this place for work.
I was an SPD tech at Yale and I do enjoy every bit of work there. I would love to work there if given more time and chance again without any hesitation.
Pros
Nice place
Cons
Punctual
Challenging and rewarding work place, with constant training and overtime opportunities. Great location, with diverse workforce and commuting options.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Yale has many different staff from many different countries and backgrounds but we all have one goal, patient centered care. They offer Incentives for staff. Their healthcare is reasonable. There is room for growth. They show compassion for families and patients.
Yale New Haven Health gives you the opportunity to learn new skills while strengthening your existing ones. I was there for about six months, working through a temp agency. I had hoped to be hired, but business needs went in a different direction.

One supervisor stood out to me as very helpful and caring. I really appreciated his input. His guidance really made the difference and made my time there especially rewarding.
Yale cares about money not patient care. If you care about your patient experience do not work for Yale New Haven hospital. Don't forget you will need to pay over $100 a month to park in their parking lots to work for Yale.
Ive learned how to manage my time wisely so that i can accomplish all tasks at hand and prepare for more. Ive obtained tools needed in order to work with others as a team and communicate properly.
We deal with some very complex and challenging cases at the hospital and it is a very supportive environment which makes all the difference. There are so many changes in the department which can add to the challenges.
Pros
able to get CEUS at the hospital
Cons
on-call/constant changes
Good place to work overall. Depending on what department you work in, the dynamics of the staff can be very different. It all depends on the management. Some places are supportive where others are not so much.
My experience at Yale has always been exceptional. My co workers after truly amazing and we lead by example. Yale new haven health wants to help everyone we come in contact with and assure a great visit.
yale new haven hospital is a very nice place to work coworkers are nice easy commute nice to staff clean attentive good insurance place to continue education
Great place to work. I am been able to utilize my skills throughout the years and have worked with many wonderful managers. I would recommend this employer.
I love my job. we have great team work. There hours are great. small friendly hospital. Very easy to find your way around.they also have great benefits.
My coworkers really make work enjoyable. Working at Yale as allowed me to meet new and interesting people. I have really improved my customer service skills working for this company.
As a healthcare provider they are great. As an employer they can do better. The nursing culture can use a change. As a new employee you are constantly under the microscope, from management as well as other employees. Starts to feel they are just waiting for someone to make a mistake.
A word of advice...working in healthcare is hard enough, dont put unneeded pressure on new employees from day one.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
They need to reign in their senior nurses..seems like they have superiority complexes
The management in Yale/Nemg is trash.
They don’t promote team work they expect you to figure it out yourself. They don’t stand by their mission statement. Worst company I ever worked for.
Great very blessed to be apart of Yale New Haven Campus Saint Raphael's you meet very nice people there who are positive and loving an caring big changes💞💗
This job was a good fit for family lifestyle, opportunity for growth and comfortable atmosphere. Enjoyed time there, would recommend to others. Pay isn’t what I expected but they do offer raises.
I like the client as they are diversified. Work life is well balanced as they tend to be flexible with working hours as well. I would definitely recommend it.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yale New Haven Health. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.