Yale New Haven Health Employee Reviews

Productive place to work that compensates effort.
Registered Nurse, CN II (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 25, 2019
It was a great place to learn your craft. The emphasis is on teaching and education which the organization provides plenty of. Management always encouraged advancement of your career and were very supportive of those efforts.
Very Corporate
Finance Access Facilitator (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 14, 2019
You are just a number at Yale. Working in the administrative side I barely accrued any PTO. I worked outpatient and when my office was closed Yale would take from my PTO. Felt unappreciated. I also work across from Yale University staff who doe less than I do and get paid more than me.
Innovative work place
Clinical Nurse Coordinator-Pediatric Neurology (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 9, 2019
Progressive organization with supportive leadership for the advancement of nursing practice. Large health system with locations in Fairfield and New Haven county and additional sites in Shoreline and New London area.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
parking off site
Ynhh
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 31, 2019
The particular department I am in has a non existent manager Causing a free for all in the department People come and go as they want. There is not accountability It is very frustrating
Challenging, High Paced Environment Requiring Critical Thinking
Administrative Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 22, 2019
Limited managerial support with a strong expectation of results, quality and collaboration.
I value my 10+ years at this hospital as a defining opportunity to develop, make tremendous impact and learn critical leadership skills.
Na
REFERRAL REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTMay 21, 2019
Im glad to work for ynhh. The opportunity is here, but you have apply yourself and go for it. My typical work day is always inviting and worth the commute.
a great place to work
Primary Clinician (Current Employee) –  New Haven, INMay 17, 2019
Providing comprehensive, individualized care to every patient who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay. Yale New Haven Hospital does not restrict, limit or otherwise deny care to any patient or visitation privileges on the basis of disability, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. Same-sex couples are afforded the same access as different-sex couples and next-of-kin.
Applied as a student volunteer
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 16, 2019
Great entry to volunteer process, provided a broad view of hospital jobs and varied work experience, and allows volunteers to choose a general category in the workplace, whether it being social or not.
Great place!!
Front Desk Associate/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 16, 2019
5 stars! Great workplace,great emotional environment , great people, high quality of service for patients, great organization of work process ! It is an example for each company and organization! I learned a lot from people with whom I worked . Thank you to all of you
Great place environment
Clinical Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 15, 2019
The staff to nurse ratio is very reasonable. Management cares about staff and it depends on the unit you are working on. I enjoy my time working on the observation unit
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 14, 2019
I enjoy working at Yale. I have great hours, advanced my skills and knowledge and it led me back to school. I enjoy networking and meeting a lot of different people as well.
Pros
Benefits, good hours, no weekends
Cons
n/a
Learning to be good at what you do is a good thing.
Environmental svs YNHH (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 11, 2019
I like Yale because it has a lot to offer nice friendly environment, I use to work at St Reaphels Hospital and Yale New Haven Hospital at the same time and when they merged I had to pick one to work at .there is plenty of good things they have to offer ,and you can go to school to advance your income.and no matter what kind of problem you may have good or bad there is always someone you can talk too.
Pros
Parking is not expensive
Cons
Some times there is over time .
Fun place
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 10, 2019
Very good experience as a medical Technologist. Have worked mostly in big hospitals both in saudi arabia and USA. Have worked in chemistry, hematology and other sections of the lab.
A great place to advance clinical skills
Intake Clinician and group facilitator (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 10, 2019
This department has very supportive staff. Overall, the biggest strength is the drive for excellent patient care. Everyone is trying to be the best that they can be as professional.
Cons
The workload is excessive for a days work
short term
Operations ROOM ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 22, 2019
it was closed to where I live I don't think yale lets you truly be yourself while working there... I don't think it good job surcurity foe entry level workes
Enjoyed It
Mammography Tech Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 21, 2019
I really enjoyed my time at Yale. Great people to work with, great management.
Every day was a different day, no day was exactly the same. I really enjoyed working out in the community.
Not like the old YNHH
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New HavenApril 19, 2019
Management staff, including physicians, more worried about their personal advancement instead of employees and patients. Management also does not share necessary info and there is major miscommunication and lack of communication.
Change management in its various stages
OR Material Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 17, 2019
The merger between the community based hospital into an academic hospital system was a clash between two divergent culture and values which is an example of healthcare story to be solvent to keep its services open to the general community.
Student Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 12, 2019
I was placed at Bridgeport Hospital in the Physical Rehabilitation Department for a clinical placement, and I learned a lot that I would have never learned in the classroom. My clinical instructor was extremely knowledgeable, patient, and truly cared about my success and growth as a student. I also learned how to use Epic Systems, which will be a useful skill if I were to work in a hospital in the future. Truly a team-oriented place to work.
Pros
Great experience for learning
Cons
Unnecessary conflicts amongst co-workers
Great Benefits and job security
Dietetic Technician (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 10, 2019
Great company. guaranteed pay raise every year. great health insurance and job improvement. Some departments are ran better than others. but overall a very secure place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yale New Haven Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss