Yale New Haven Health Employee Reviews

Good benefits, nice place to work overall.
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 16, 2017
Great place to work. Nice benefits. Parking sucks. I like the management in my department is great. I don’t know what else to say. I’m done with this review now.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Parking
very diverse and influential place to work at
Business Associate (Current Employee) –  20 york st new haven ctNovember 9, 2017
overall I'd describe my job as face paced, its also a place for growth to experience many fields. My manager is excellent and wants everyone to succeed. The only tough part about the job is when a patient passes away and the families are so sad. I enjoy caring for individuals who need companionship they often sit at the front desk with me and I'll make sure they eat or give them activities to keep them occupied.
Pros
meeting new people who help with goal decisions
Cons
sometimes it's too busy for breaks
Great Work Environment
Senior Accountant/Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 9, 2017
Very good place to work with decent benefits and a good life/work balance. The hours aren't too crazy unless deadlines need to be met. Definitely rewarded for your work with leaving early and paid lunches. Overall good environment and fun place to work with good people.
Great Place to work
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 9, 2017
Yale New Haven Health is a great place to work, and also has great opportunities for advancement. I've been working here for 12 years and have met some amazing staff and most importantly amazing patients and their families.
OR is cutthroat, poorly managed.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 7, 2017
A nurse cannot express concerns about patient care or they are retaliated against. They want nurses to do their jobs and shut up. I made excellent money while working there but my work ethics did not match up with the OR philosophy. If you file a complaint they want to sweep it under the rug and if you don't let it go you are a trouble maker and they find the dumbest reasons to intimidate staff.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay.
Cons
Cutthroat environment
An organization full of amazing opportunities
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 7, 2017
Yale New Haven Hospital is a very good organization to work. They provide many great opportunities for each employee and their families such as health, education and promotions.
RN float pool
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 5, 2017
fast paced challenging, lots of learning opportunities for a new grad. large urban hospital with interesting social cases. plenty of opportunity to float between medicine and surgery.
Yale is great for the reputation
Licensed Practical Nurse - YNHHS (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 1, 2017
Working for YNHHS is a great place to begin a career. The reputation Yale has is impeccable. Job security is a plus. The wages could be much better. Benefits are comparable or better than other employers. Overall, it's good start to a career.
Great place to learn and grow
Clinical Nurse I (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 31, 2017
- YNHH is an excellent work place for a new graduate - teaching hospital
- A lot of learning opportunities, classes, Yale RN residency program
- Supportive management
- Pleasure to work with patients
Pros
Work as a team, supportive management
Cons
schedule: rotating shifts days and evenings
productive workplace
Patient Care Associate / Pediatrics PCC (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 30, 2017
I love my job at yale new haven hospital. it a amazing time to work in pediatrics and to be able to interact worth all the children. I want to eventually get a business administration and get a different job in a bussines department.
benefits
Cons
short breaks

Want to know more about Yale New Haven Health?

Ask a question
fun place to work.
Housekeeper/Front desk helper (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 30, 2017
Worked with kids alot. Very enjoyable. Holiday parties i there were incredible. Were extremely generous to the staff. Bonuses every year for Christmas.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Staff shortages
YNHHS offers me a decent lifestyle
HRIS Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 29, 2017
A typical day at work consist of dealing with poor managment, favoritism, unfair practices & inefficient conduct, but it has offer me a decent lifestyle.
Pros
Pto, Benefits, discounts & potential opportunity (unfortunately it is based upon management's favoritism).
Cons
poor managment, favoritism, unfair practices & inefficient conduct
The most enjoyable part of my job
Central Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 27, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the patients and helping them from scheduling an appointment to comforting them when they were scared about a medical procedure or exam.
Pros
helping people
Cons
having to fight with insurance companies
High stress environment
RN (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 24, 2017
Would not recommend anyone to work on Med /Surge floors as an RN. The environment is very high stress and most nursing staff are not welcoming. The work is overwhelming and other RN's will stand by and watch you drown as opposed to helping.
Temp Project
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 16, 2017
Short Epic Project! Not much to say. Worked as a consultant so there was really not much time spent there but while I was there I was able learn more.
The job was overly stressful
Travel phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 13, 2017
On a typical day it was exhausting the more you do the more they seem to expect from you. Along with to many complaints. I'm a great phlebotomist so I feel that it was the hospital themselves
Pros
The flexible hours
Cons
To selective of workers
Great employees, but immediate supervisor micromanages
Scheduler, Adult Dental Department (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 12, 2017
A typical day includes taking messages off the phone and trying to return all the calls(impossible), job also entails making appointments for 10 doctors,
Management(micromanages) and doesn't provide support to support staff, the culture is mixed, African American,Latin,Muslim, African,
Hardest part of job is not getting the adequate support from manager and not being able to complete my job in a timely manner I enjoy working with the public, hence the reason why I am in college as a BSW student
Pros
Great company to work
Cons
Some supervisors and managers make you feel devalued as a employee
Icu rn
Registered Nurse, Medical ICU (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 11, 2017
This was truly the BEST job I have ever had in all my years in the medical field. Excellent opportunity for learning. It is stressful and ICU staff are many times very competitive and cut-throat, however I have found that in most of my positions.
n/a
Patient Acct Rep /LPN/Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 10, 2017
No comment on this facility
Salaries are lower than cost of living
Insurance too expensive
Not much room for advancement without a degree
Ok facility
Yale New Haven Hospital
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 8, 2017
Great place to work. Nice environment. I liked working in such a prestigious yet warm environment being such a populated place. I would highly recommend working there.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Employee parking is a challenge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yale New Haven Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2