Yale New Haven Health Employee Reviews

A positive work environment
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 17, 2018
I worked at Yale over 20 years ago, but I always felt that I was treated with respect and that my ideas and input were always considered. Professionalism was always important at Yale, as well as patients' rights and the role of respecting those rights on the part of healthcare providers.
A decent place to work.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 13, 2018
-A typical day at work for me revolves around delivering to the various units, communicating with my coworkers, and simply getting the job done.

-I have learned to professionally communicate with people from all walks of life. Strong work ethic, being a team player, all the various aspects that relate to healthcare.

-Management is responsive, respectful, informative, and fair across the board in my department.

-The hardest part of the job is the manual labor. We are constantly on our feet for most of the shift, we also are required to move heavy equipment if the need arises.
Pros
Flexible break times, overtime, holiday pay, shift differential pay.
Cons
Manual labor, poor food choices in the cafeteria, not enough programs to advance within the company.
Great place for clinical advancement
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 9, 2018
Wonderful company to work for, lots of room for clinical advancement. Yale New Haven Hospital is at the forefront of using evidence based practice at the bedside to optimize patient outcomes. Efforts are continuously evaluated to improve the working environment for staff and patients.
Culture of Yale New Haven Hospital
Manager of Obstetrics (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 6, 2018
Yale New Haven Hospital was a wonderful place to work. I had great opportunities to learn operations and advanced level of care for patients. Yale supported me while getting my MBA and they paid 90% of the tuition.
The VP of nursing at the time, was very supportive for nurses. She was a role model of excellence.
Pretty Good Place To Work
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 4, 2018
-Long hours & high expectations
-Collaborative team approach
-Great pay
-Not a lot of time off & when requested, it's denied
-Great doctors & nurses
-No lunch break or extra compensation for overtime or worked lunches
Striving to advance
Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 4, 2018
Great benefits and decent pay. However very political and little to know guidance from management. No ability to travel. I would not call it a fun place to work.
Pros
Pto, Benefits
Cons
Management, politics
Productive and fun place to work
Clin tech (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 2, 2018
It is a pleasure working for Yale new haven health. It is a company that is big on helping you grow and get a better career.yale new haven health help you pay for you school to get a better education.
Pros
Na
Cons
Longs break ect
It was good experience
Postgraduate Associate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 25, 2018
It was a good exposure and I learned a lot from my peers and managers. In addition, its great for networking...Thank you, Yale, for the opportunity. I always hope to go back and learn more
Patient-centric Working Environment
Volunteer, Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 25, 2018
YNHH is a work environment strongly revolving around the patients of the hospital. The staff is professional, and maintaining the highest caliber of care is always the topmost priority.
Excellent opportunity for further training and advancement.
Float Nurse, Daily Operations Pool (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 25, 2018
Excellent opportunity for further training and advancement. A typical day at work would involve getting report from the previous shift RN and then planning and engaging in my care for the patients. I focused on providing evidence based care that was patient and family centered with mutual decision making. Throughout the day I supported other providers in their roles while taking charge of my own patients and their care. I pursued more training and assumed leadership positions.
Ynhh
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 23, 2018
Overall, YNHH is a great place to work. I would suggest more guidance and support for non-nursing professionals. It is very hard to move up the ladder in non-nursing professions.
teamwork culture with colleagues, suitable environment to learn advance techniques.
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 19, 2018
Working in Ghana, England and the USA these 31years as a Medical Laboratory Technician/Technologist has enriched me with vast experience in medical laboratory practice.
Pros
pip at end of year
Cons
inadequate staffing
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 16, 2018
Great culture, driven employees. The company advocates for advancements. Benefits are great, people are awesome! All leaders have a lot of experience in their roles and it shows.
Volunteer Experience
Volunteer Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 13, 2018
I enrolled as a Volunteer on a Spanish Visitation Program in the area of pediatrics, cancer patients, and pre surgery patients. It was such a wonderful experience. I am very thankful to my Volunteer Coordinator which was such an amazing and warm person. I will never forget and I'm hoping to volunteer again soon.
Pros
Free lunches
Great place to work.
Stafimg Associate (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 9, 2018
YNHH is a great place to work overall. In terms of advancement on the career ladder, it can be challenging for non-nursing professionals. The hospital is making great strides, hopefully there will be more opportunities for advancement for non-nursing professionals in the near future.
Yale
ITS Internship (Former Employee) –  22 york street newhaven ctSeptember 7, 2018
Yale's ITS internship was an amazing experience. It made me excel as individual and as a computer engineer. It pushed me to do things that i weren't comfortable; but, they made me good at those things
Pros
Cons
Food
Yale New Haven Health System: A Great Employer
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 28, 2018
YNNHS is a very professional working environment. It offers great salaries and really competitive benefits. It uses top notch technology and is very data savvy. Their work/life balance is about average. Many departments are extremely competitive. And they do not have a great track record of standing behind their employees.
Different Strokes for Different Folks
Financial Clearance Representative (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 19, 2018
Work environment is a comfortable atmosphere where productivity is emphasized and team building is encouraged. Overall, the experience is what you make of it, with great opportunity for growth... however, every department varies.
Pros
Team building exercise and efforts to make our working environment pleasant, personal, and warm.
Cons
Constant fees and charges: e.g. parking and high copays
Professional Work Place
Smilow Referral Representative (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 8, 2018
Great place to work. Promotes growth opportunities. Uniforms for some departments. Parking is very difficult. Enjoyable work atmosphere. Great area for lunch break.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Pay for parking
Great place to work. Good people
Network Analyst / AV Support (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 7, 2018
Fast paced and challenging. Worked with many different types of Audio and Video equipment and also they allowed me to work with and test new equipment. They let me have a lot of input when an event came up.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Far from my house

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yale New Haven Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.