Yale University Employee Reviews

Great Benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 16, 2018
Yale offers great benefits and discounts to staff and faculty. Tuition reimbursement for staff and their family; generous paid time off, health care, vision, etc..
A nice place to land an internship
Information Security Intern (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 27, 2018
A good place to intern at, I found it very collaborative and welcoming, though it did take me a week or two to get fully comfortable interning there, as someone with no prior office experience.
One of the most intensive undergraduate research centers in the world
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 26, 2018
Research at this institution depends entirely on the lab you work in. While you may expect good interactions from coworkers or members of other labs, you work primarily for your P.I. instead of for a department chair.
Yale Art Gallery is an innovative inspiring place to work.
Museum Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 25, 2018
Opportunity to lead and manage projects while recruiting students to participate. Organization skills, communication, and innovation are musts for Yale Art Gallery.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Senior Photographer (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 24, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job at Yale University Art Gallery was working in the museum and being surrounded by world renowned works of art and artifacts.
Collaborative
Ph.D. Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 20, 2018
People support each other's work and are very friendly environment to work at. It was all about learning and mentoring. Great place to work and learn.
Great company to work for
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 11, 2018
Advancement opportunities are available throughout the campus. The affinity groups helps you to network and align with those outside of your department.
Worked with excellent group of colleagues
Accountant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 8, 2018
Started out a grade 20 accountant and advanced to a grade level 24. Yale provided many years of growth in my accounting career. Ability to look for advancement too in career even if outside department
Pros
Ability to work independently
Cons
No part time positions offered in accounting
Always learning something new
ALUMNI RELATIONS OFFICER (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 5, 2018
Working with alumni is very satisfying and the faculty members at Yale are wonderful, the students and administrators make the place a great place to work
Academically progressive
Director, Security Operations (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 3, 2018
The University is academically progressive. A wondeful open mission to desimminate and share knowledge with the world. A leader must the world. Beautiful campus.

Want to know more about Yale University?

Ask a question
Good fellowship
Interventional cardiology Fellowship (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 3, 2018
This was a fellowship position with good teaching and procedure volume . Very competitive and somewhat stressful work environment . New Haven is good place to live with vibrant university and downtown area
Pros
Reputed University
Cons
Stressful work environment
Only there two months
Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 31, 2018
I was there only two months and think it would be unfair to give to much of an opinion. The people that I worked with were all nice but I did not approve of the training.
Learn a lot
Director (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 29, 2018
You learn a lot if you invest the time. Higher ed is a place is learning and sharing. Security in higher ed is a interesting place to be. Culture is unique.
Great place to be intellectually challenged
Program Director, Outreach (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 28, 2018
Great place to work. There are so many outside activities, lectures, concerts that added to enriching professional environment. I collaborated across the spectrum with Deans to Chairs to Administrative staff, and everyone felt like an equal. I was fortunate to work with a great group of folks. I went to work feeling like I was contributing to something worthwhile, expanding to outreach. The ONLY thing I would say needed to be addressed was the pay range for outreach activities.
Pros
GREAT benefits!! Great involvement in New Haven.
Cons
Salary too low for outreach
Challenging
Superintendent/Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 15, 2018
Yale has a lot to offer and you have to want to work. You must be able to multitask and keep a level head. An average day is knowing how to be flexible with your time and work load.
You will be pulled in many directions but at the end you can figure it out if you keep yourself organized.

The most enjoyable part of working at Yale is watching your staff make the students feel part of the college. We are family and it is what drives us all do to our best.
Pros
benifites
Cons
lots of hours
it was the 90s all change in flux
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 15, 2018
Most of the time the managers were so stressed due to the savings & loan crisis at it's peak, their jobs on the line made it hard to work for some. Best of them were not actual managers but employers who were department heads, this group was very good in communications and in stable jobs.
I loved the variety of the work, each and every department was in flux due to staff turnover (the outgoing secretaries) and not able to attract permanent staff due to eccentric employers.
I didn't mind the eccentric employers, that is what made the work a good challenge in the first place. I was fast, efficient and accurate.
I did want to be hired but politics being what they were, I was not at that time but I sure did a long run on float and it was so much better doing that when the rest of regular secretaries were ready to retire facing layoffs and loss of their benefits.
Pros
diversity in job types, employers, and work styles
Cons
poor managers, abusive stressed out staff
N/a
Dinning Services (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 12, 2018
I love my job !!! I'm a so grateful that am I able to work for Yale university . This is a awesome job for someone who wants to pick up shift between jobs or quick hours on the weekends .
Great experience
HEALTHCARE EDUCATOR (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 31, 2018
I loved working at Yale University. People were very professional and easy to get along with. Very difficult to get a job within the university but once you get in your are set.
Summer Internship
Sports Performance Intern (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 31, 2018
It was all I was looking for in a summer internship program. I learned a lot about program design. I also had maximal opportunities for hands on experience.
Pros
learning and application
Cons
long hours, unclear about advancement
good job
Custodian Worker (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 16, 2018
Pays good and gives a lot of vacation time overall good people work here it’s definitely a place we’re u can move on to better position in due time I enjoy working here