Yale University Employee Reviews

Great place to get an education
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 7, 2018
The experience varies from grad student to grad student, but I benefited greatly from time here. Most days were just focused on research, but I also had the opportunity to be a teaching assistant, which was a great experience. I feel prepared to enter into a career.
Good Staff
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 5, 2018
Great Company too Work for I Enjoy my time working for them and might go back if a position open up. Great staff Everybody work together as a team I love it
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great Palce to Work
Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 4, 2018
I was able to grow as a professional at Yale. The is a lot room for growth within the university. I have worked with a lot of great people. The management team works with the staff.
Good work atmosphere
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 3, 2018
Very active and dynamic work atmosphere. Very collaborative and inclusive. You learn a lot and you evolve quickly. People are friendly and help out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Most unproffional place I’ve ever worked
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 2, 2018
The office where I worked had a white board with magnetic dots to ‘’track” where each employee was at any given time. Clearly this office has very little trust in its employees. The name of the game here ‘ who can I blame today to make myself look good’ . This place is a dream for bullies - you can yell, demean and humiliate people as much as you want. Such unprofessionlism would be called out at any other place - but here it actually makes the person get a ‘ employee of the year’ award. Such is the travesty of this office.
Pros
Medical benefits;
Yale university
Visiting Assistant Researcher (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTNovember 29, 2018
Not too bad. It is a good school full of young and veteran talents. The only thing I could complain is the location. Obviously New Haven wont be the first choice for me to live.
Time with Yale University
IT (Media Technician) (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 20, 2018
At Yale University, I am a media tech for the Center of Language Study. It is a relaxed environment with helpful faculty. My responsibilities on a day to day may vary. It includes computer set-ups, to troubleshooting video equipment. I'm always on my feet, but that's what I enjoy most. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that I'm constantly helping people. A lot of times professors need last minute support to show presentations to classes or have meetings and I would come and make sure the video and audio are functioning.
n/a
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 17, 2018
First thing in the morning is briefing before opening hours followed by emergency door checks. Overall the environment is professional and co-workers help one another often.
Work at Yale University
Animal Technician (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 14, 2018
Yale University is a great place to work but it is a job like all other jobs. You have the same issues that you would come across at other jobs. There are management issues, coworker issues and advancement issues.
Pros
pay, schedule, benefits
Cons
advancement
Developer (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 7, 2018
Work mostly from home, go to office for meetings. Learned some more SQL tricks. Management always right - never forget that. You are left to find a solution to their ideas.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Politics of projects

Want to know more about Yale University?

Ask a question
Varies by department
Office Assistant I (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 23, 2018
Most offices will have great managers. Be wary of any department where this isn't a great internal advocate. You won't last long and it will hinder upward mobility unless you build up an unrefutable portfolio.
Pros
Great schedules, benefits, perks, vacation. Events that show appreciation are cool. Affinity groups are really great for networking.
Cons
HR unbearably long, tedious, even unresponsive, need to take control of the process and be more mindful of how candidates are treated
Good Work Life balance
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 23, 2018
Good Work Life balance but very poor in career advancement. President of Yale is very good but do not support career advancement. Employees are laid back and not aggressive culture.
terrible managment and ethics
Facilities Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 23, 2018
Could be a really great place to work if they did things the right way. They don't have anyone in facilities that knows how to properly maintain building assets which causes a lot of equipment/system failures and damage to there beautiful buildings.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
They neglect managment and there facilities
Positive Work Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 22, 2018
I worked as an intern in a temporary/part time position but still very much enjoyed my time at Yale. The people were friendly and helpful. Overall I would recommend working here.
My Externship was GREAT
EXTERNSHIP, Behavioral Health Services at Hamden (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTOctober 16, 2018
I was very fortunate to have the externship site that I did. The staff and management were helpful and supportive in my learning process. I learned the EPIC System and had a good variety of tasks and responsibilities. I am currently pursuing other job opportunities with Yale School of Medicine in other locations.
Great Benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 16, 2018
Yale offers great benefits and discounts to staff and faculty. Tuition reimbursement for staff and their family; generous paid time off, health care, vision, etc..
A nice place to land an internship
Information Security Intern (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 27, 2018
A good place to intern at, I found it very collaborative and welcoming, though it did take me a week or two to get fully comfortable interning there, as someone with no prior office experience.
One of the most intensive undergraduate research centers in the world
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 26, 2018
Research at this institution depends entirely on the lab you work in. While you may expect good interactions from coworkers or members of other labs, you work primarily for your P.I. instead of for a department chair.
Yale Art Gallery is an innovative inspiring place to work.
Museum Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 25, 2018
Opportunity to lead and manage projects while recruiting students to participate. Organization skills, communication, and innovation are musts for Yale Art Gallery.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Senior Photographer (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 24, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job at Yale University Art Gallery was working in the museum and being surrounded by world renowned works of art and artifacts.