Yale University Employee Reviews

I didn't work here I was a student.
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 3, 2018
I was a student in university for four years. I am not entirely sure why this website believes that this counts as a job. It was not a job, but it was very enjoyable.
good research environment
Research Assistant, Child Study Center (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 1, 2018
I am not qualified to evaluate Yale as an employer since it has been a long time since I have worked there. I will say however that their exponential growth as of late doesn't seem to have the necessary supporting infrastructure and there seems to be a lot of employee turnover.
medical receptionist interacting with patients
Temporary Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 31, 2018
Daily interaction with patients and their families to take care of their appointment needs and any other appointments with specialists.Coordination of their benefits and making sure records are accurate
Yale is Ok, but no room for profesional growth.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 29, 2018
Yale is a good company, but if you don't know someone in a higher position there is know room for growth> very unfair and deceptive company. I would recommend working there if you don't wanna dread everyday going to work.
A place where career dreams go to die
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 28, 2018
Yale is a world reknowned institution with cutting edge research and a vibrant research community. Underneath this shiny gold layer there is an entire another world of Yale Administration which leaves much to be desired. The office where I worked had employees who have been with Yale for donkey years giving them a sense of entitlement of kings in medieval times. Only after I left Yale, did I realize what an unprofessional place my office at Yale was full of prejudiced people grouped in silos. I made numerous complaints to Human Resources who should be called inhuman resources as they were clearly in bed with mangagement. Overall, it’s only the health benifits that made me stay for a few years but nothing is worth the corrosive atmosphere that took a huge toll on my well being
Pros
Leftover lunches ; medical benefits
Cons
Incompetent managers, phony colleagues
Repetitive, boring work in isolation in a lab;
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newe Haven, ConnecticutJanuary 26, 2018
I worked alone in a lab doing electrophoresis on bird proteins. I
worked entirely alone for a whole year. The only contact I had with
other personnel or employers in the building was when they came
to my lab to review my results and/ or ask questions. I was trained
for 1 or 2 days in the beginning. After that, I was left alone.Occasionally I was visited by a graduate student.
Pros
The Biology tower was a new 11 story building.
Cons
n/a
Fun place to work
Animal tech (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 25, 2018
I loved this job. It was a great atmosphere with friendly people. You get a lot of exercise in at this job too. It was fast paced but not stressful. Had to move so had to leave. Miss everyone there. Supervisors were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Friendly. Good benefits
Cons
Fast paced
Worked hard, but mostly for the credentials.
Ph.D. Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 23, 2018
This university is of course one of the most well known in the field. They are constantly striving to be better, and I think that the climate should improve here in order to continue to attract top notch candidates.
Competitive
Pot washer (sorted and removed trash) (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 22, 2018
Enjoyed working at Yale University. Management showed favoritism at times. As long as you do your work, they were pretty fair.
Now that the contract has changed, maybe some of the managers has as well.
Working For Yale
Maintenance Assistant (Temporary Assignment) (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 22, 2018
It was the best job and University I ever worked at. The job was challenging but not too difficult and everyone was willing to help or direct you. I learned a lot from my supervisor and coworker about proper applicable methods to moving material, electronic technology, planning and installation. Nothing was hard and the most enjoyable part of the job was the responsibility to work alone with the confidence from your supervisors and coworkers as well as in a team effort.
Cons

Want to know more about Yale University?

Ask a question
Service / Clerical (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 17, 2018
One of the best companies to ever be employed by! The health benefits are amazing, and so many opportunities are available for you! Thankful to be able to say that!
Pros
pay, health benefits, and opportunites
Great place to learn
Postgraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 17, 2018
Collaborative environment where you get a chance to grow and learn from experienced scientists. Most of my work was reviewing clinical information for research projects so I spent the day analyzing databases.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low salary
good benefits, bad management
Sr. Administrtative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 17, 2018
The benefits are good, but as every union contract is updated, they get worse. Free health insurance and a percent of children's college tuition reimbursement after 7 years is the only reason I stay in this job. Upper management in most departments seems to turn a blind eye in regards to toxic work environments and bullying. Salary is lower than in private sector but the benefits do make up for it. The union is strong and helpful.
Your work experience depends on your management
Release of Information Representative (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 16, 2018
To many bullies in upper management who mistreat staff and are allowed to get away with it. If you are able to take mistreatment and disrespect its an awesome place to work
Great Place to work
YSS Financial Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 16, 2018
Working at Yale is Great! I wish I was an employee instead of a temporary worker.

The people are nice to work with and management and the team is very family orientated.
Yale is excelent
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 16, 2018
I am an graduate student at Yale. I got my master degree and Phd candidate there. I got very good learning environment at Yale. It is an excellent place to be a graduate student.
Great place.
Postdoctoral Associate (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 13, 2018
Did research for about 7 years here.

Pros:

Intellectually stimulating
Culturally diverse
Brand value

Cons:
Managers can be a hit or miss
New Haven can be boring after 1-2 years.
Poor pay but good place to work
Medical ICU RN (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 11, 2018
ICU- very very busy day, Usually got a break 8-9 hours after working, so I could eat lunch around 3pm.

Pay was very poor.

Management very sweet and kind
great place
Associate Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 9, 2018
great place to work. great place to meet great minds and interact witht them. lots of opportunites to learn and to advance. would have stay there longer but had to relocate
Pros
everything
Excellent
Associate Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 1, 2018
Excellent and competitive.

Very good teaching faculty.

Nice campus: East Rock Park, Orange Street, Prospect Street...Nice and active living area for students