Yale University

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Yale University Employee Reviews

Hard job
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTMarch 6, 2019
I worked here full time while going to school full time as well. I was given a task that would have normally been done by a team. Somehow I managed to complete the task despite having zero working knowledge of anything I had to do.
my work at Yale
Adjunct Faculty Professor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 4, 2019
I am a contract hire. I don't live and work at Yale. I parachute in and parachute out. When I work in executive education, there is always a great collaborative team ethos.
Yale has a wide range of jobs and departmens
Banquet Server/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 26, 2019
My job as banquet server involved after check in was regular catering. I received bartender training which was able to be used outside of the job on a regular environment. The hardest part of the job might have been cleaning up after events. But the initial job is straight forward. You come in and serve the guests the food that was prepared by the onsite chef.
Great Intern Experience
Archivist Intern (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 7, 2019
It was a good temporary job, I was at West Campus. The only negative about the job was needing to go to main campus to get all of my paperwork and ID set up.
Summary
Athletic Dept. - Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 6, 2019
I worked on a temporary, part-time basis for Yale during their Calendar year for sporting events. On a typical day, I would either collect tickets or help out with sporting events. I would also help customers with any questions or concerns. I think the bosses were very respectful and I would recommend anyone to work for them. The only thing about the job that I didn't like was the management and at times it felt very unorganized.
Pros
Bosses were nice
Cons
Organization
Positive
Outpatient Clinician (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 27, 2019
Great experience coming out of college. Not much if you are a well seasoned clinician. Not alot of room to grow vertically. If looking for a space to start and get your footing try here.
Pros
Good Relationships Built
Cons
Health benefits
Good benefit
Associate Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 22, 2019
Nice working environment, good benefits. I am working in a lab with friendly people and the PI is nice to deal with. No complain here but the salary for academic field is low.
Productive and stick to their mission statements
Financial Assistant 3 (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 14, 2019
Yale Univesity is great working institution that have great managment personnel, "open-floor" for working structure and great workplace culture. Overall, great opportunity to make career at this university.
Best company to work in New England
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 11, 2019
It has been the greatest best experience to have worked at Yale University.
Great place for advancement, learning, networking
Excellent benefits Union oriented
The hardest and most stressful part of working here is being laid off at the Interim Employment Pool. Although they pay full salary and benefits during the 6-18 month period in it, if another position is not found within that period then unfortunately you are out.
It is the first time in 12 years that it has happened to me.
Great starting experience
POST GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 10, 2019
Every lab is different based on people who make it up. That being said my lab was very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Wonderful learning experience and great way to advance your career!
Most of the work was done in the home with the family which was Great
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 9, 2019
Family support Services was my introduction to Human Services. The staff there were like family . At the time I worked there my children were school age and it was to their benefit that my hours were flexible . Working for family Support Services also introduced me to Department of Children and Families and Mental Health Services in New Haven CT. Yale Child Study Center gave me the ability to understand people with Mental Health diagnosis and taught me how to incorporate my knowledge of Menral in all aspects of my life .A Gift !
Pros
Many learning opportunities off site, trainings trainings, trainings . It felt like school sometimes .
Cons
We used our Personal Vehicles, there was no compensation for car maintenance
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJanuary 2, 2019
I have not worked here and have only been a student. Yale strives to be inclusive of all students and strives to ensure students have what they need to be successful academically.
Great place to get an education
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 7, 2018
The experience varies from grad student to grad student, but I benefited greatly from time here. Most days were just focused on research, but I also had the opportunity to be a teaching assistant, which was a great experience. I feel prepared to enter into a career.
Good Staff
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 5, 2018
Great Company too Work for I Enjoy my time working for them and might go back if a position open up. Great staff Everybody work together as a team I love it
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great Palce to Work
Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 4, 2018
I was able to grow as a professional at Yale. The is a lot room for growth within the university. I have worked with a lot of great people. The management team works with the staff.
Good work atmosphere
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 3, 2018
Very active and dynamic work atmosphere. Very collaborative and inclusive. You learn a lot and you evolve quickly. People are friendly and help out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Most unproffional place I’ve ever worked
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 2, 2018
The office where I worked had a white board with magnetic dots to ‘’track” where each employee was at any given time. Clearly this office has very little trust in its employees. The name of the game here ‘ who can I blame today to make myself look good’ . This place is a dream for bullies - you can yell, demean and humiliate people as much as you want. Such unprofessionlism would be called out at any other place - but here it actually makes the person get a ‘ employee of the year’ award. Such is the travesty of this office.
Pros
Medical benefits;
Yale university
Visiting Assistant Researcher (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTNovember 29, 2018
Not too bad. It is a good school full of young and veteran talents. The only thing I could complain is the location. Obviously New Haven wont be the first choice for me to live.
Time with Yale University
IT (Media Technician) (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 20, 2018
At Yale University, I am a media tech for the Center of Language Study. It is a relaxed environment with helpful faculty. My responsibilities on a day to day may vary. It includes computer set-ups, to troubleshooting video equipment. I'm always on my feet, but that's what I enjoy most. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that I'm constantly helping people. A lot of times professors need last minute support to show presentations to classes or have meetings and I would come and make sure the video and audio are functioning.
n/a
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 17, 2018
First thing in the morning is briefing before opening hours followed by emergency door checks. Overall the environment is professional and co-workers help one another often.