Yale University Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Politics at Yale
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 22, 2017
Politics play a huge role in your future at Yale. It does not matter how many years of experience you have or if your qualified and perform to the best of your capability, politics will move you right out of your position.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Politics, Politics, Politics!
fun place to work
Administrative Assistant/ Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 5, 2017
helpful, easy going, great people, always learning new things, great place for initial jobs and to build a connection, interaction is great between people
Nice benefits and ability to learn new positions
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 1, 2016
M-F work week. Great ablity to learn when working in the actual schools of Yale University. Very diverse and friendly working environment.
Great Hospital to work for!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 14, 2016
I worked in a busy fast paced environment, answering phones and involved with handling multiple schedules for our Doctors and appointments for our patients. I learned to be more organized and proficient in various tasks. My co-workers were professional team players who assisted me when needed. The hardest part of my job was not being able to squeeze patients into an already full clinic. My Doctors demonstrated quality time with their patients and did not want to overbook them in order to give them the time and attention they needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was feeling as if I made a difference in the patient's care and would often get rewarded by their appreciative, grateful spirit!
Pros
Proficient and well organized enviornment
Cons
Billing issues for patients
I have learned a great deal at Yale unfortunately the sign of the times took over.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 27, 2016
My position was a very busy one in the slide room. I would retrieve slides for cases pertaining to patients having surgery and on the table for comparison. I retrieved slides for Conferences and Tumor Boards. Filing was a major part of the position.

Interaction with other medical facilities to ask for Yale's material back when patient requested it to be sent out for a 2nd opinion. I would prepare the slides & send them Federal Express.

Also did transcription when department was very busy and covered the front desk when someone was out and or at break.
Being only support to 4 division heads.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 31, 2015
During those years at the University, I advanced rather quickly through the ranks. By the end of my employment there, I was the only support staff to 4 different directors. Each director was responsible for different aspects of the departments (basketball; fundraising; alumni support; grant-writing; publications; etc.). It was fast paced and fun at the same time.
Pros
Learned new skills almost daily.
Cons
Learned new skills daily and had to keep pace with different divisions.
Great organization to work for!
Sr. Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 28, 2015
Great organization to work for! There is definitely room for advancement. There are lots of opportunities to learn and grow within organization.
Great place to work !
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 13, 2014
Yale University great place to work excellent benefits and flexible schedule.
Structured
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 1, 2013
I enjoyed working on assignment at Yale University. A typical day on at work was very busy. The phones rang non-stop through out the day, scheduling was a huge part of my day. The hardest part of the job was when I couldn't answer a patient's question immediately because I lacked information. The most enjoyable part of the job was simply being present and thankful that I was able to help out when needed.
A place we would all like to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 18, 2013
I had the best experience ever working for a boss that wanted to offer me so many advancements, but time did not permit. I was only a temp but i am sure if they were not sold to Yale New Haven Hospital I would have still been there today.
Pros
Great boss. Lots of room for advancement
Cons
Was sold
Wonderful University to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 5, 2013
Busy day working for so many full-time professors and part-time professors, most were easy to get along with others very demanding. My co-workers worked with other professors but when needed, were very helpful and nice. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that my day was very productive.
Pros
loved this job, quite challenging at times. benefits were fabulous.
Cons
pay was low but benefits made up for it.