Yale University Employee Reviews for Research Assistant

Pay and learning experiences were good, communication and management was terrible
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, VTJanuary 30, 2017
I earned a good amount of money and learned a great deal in many fields. However communicating about compensation and getting that all set up was not the best experience.
Pros
Pay, learning opportunities, variety
Cons
Communication
Good Place to work for
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 22, 2016
Good Place to work for, great academics and great faculty. I would work there again if I could. Dr.Cullurciello helped me so much on improving my knowledge on robotics vision.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJanuary 11, 2016
The typical day in this position predominantly consisted of over the phone scheduling of consultation appointments. Traveled to site locations and carried out consultations for consent review, agreement, and recruitment.

I was trained to perform MMSE, as well as trained and tested for Human Subjects Protection, HIPAA.
Pros
Performing consultations
Cons
Per Diem
Fun Place to Work.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 6, 2016
We worked together as a team to accomplish our goals. We worked efficiently and productively to finish our project ahead of time. My Coworkers were great and we had the Best Director and Coordinator.
Pros
Working with people.
Cons
Project not long enough.
interviewing the participant for the study
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 9, 2015
I learn to respect people no matter what crisis in what situation they are in. Also, I work on several clinical trials diabetes, cocaine, and marijuana.
Pros
travel to different LMHA agencies site
Cons
none participant
Professional work enviornment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 8, 2015
Interesting work along with supportive staff. Great opportunity to work with families and with newborn children. The environment at Yale is inspiring.
It was a great experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 14, 2015
I learned so much and truly value the experience of working in a laboratory. I developed a desire to pursue neuroscience in college because of the exposure that I had in high school.
Great place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 29, 2015
Lovely campus.Work culture is good. Friendly faculty and students. Encouraging scientific environment. Apply here is considering it.
Yale is a pretty good place to work if one can work in an ever changing environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 14, 2015
Yale is a great place to work if someone has to be flexible with work hours, Financial compensation is approximately 50% of pharmaceutical industry, but there a a lot of opportunities to learn new laboratory skills and a great learning environment if you make time to attend seminars.
Pros
work time flexibility, learning environment, good food
Cons
low wages, research funded on grant availability so job security is not concrete
Wish I could've stayed longer
Research Assistant for Prof. Jeffrey Sonnenfeld (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 9, 2015
The short time I spent at Yale was a life-changer. Prof. Sonnenfeld was great to work with, had amazing connections, and an uncanny ability to connect the dots.
Good research assistant experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 23, 2014
Posting fliers to recruit participants as well as scheduling appointments for interested individuals. Presenting consent forms and performing preliminary testing as well as debriefing. Filing paperwork and entering data.
Surrounded by very talented people.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 20, 2013
Surrounded by very talented people. It was a part time research assistant job that allowed me to work with some of the brightest minds in the world.
Intellectual
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 5, 2013
Research work is 90% mundane data munging but 10% exciting. Great opportunity to work with outstanding professors
Fast Paced Clinical Research, Grant Funded
Lead Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 21, 2012
Screening and recruiting participants for various studies. Time management, awareness and precision detail. Overseeing daily activities of out patient participants, grant writing, formulate new studies as well as implementation. All of our co-workers were peer interviewed and were selected based on fit, very democratic hiring process, as well as harmonious office setting. Retention of participants in order to keep the studies moving forward was one of the most difficult aspects of this position. The one-to-one interaction with patients and group activities were among the enjoyable pieces of this job.
Excellent Experience
NY, NIOSH Noise Study Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Massena, NYJune 7, 2012
At this job, I was able to be the liaison between Yale University and ALCOA factory workers. Every day I would go to the plant, respond to study volunteer complaints, comments, and concerns; relay information from the study directors; work with EHS staff at the plant. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with such a variety of personalities.