Yale University Employee Reviews for Senior Administrative Assistant

Fantastic place to work- excellent work life balance
Senior Administrative Assistant, Public Safety (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 15, 2019
I have been employed here for 31 plus years. I have held many different positions and each one was better than the last. It is awesome to be able to change jobs without leaving the company. Excellent pay, benefits and work life balance.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Great company to work for
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 11, 2018
Advancement opportunities are available throughout the campus. The affinity groups helps you to network and align with those outside of your department.
Typical Day at Work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 6, 2018
What a wonderful place to work! The University has a commitment to its student and staff to bring the highest level of excellence to all areas. Also, it has brought to the city of New Haven a stake and collaboration unseen in years.
Pros
Diverse Working Environment
Not Steady
Sr. Administrative Assistant II (Temp) (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 19, 2017
Very unsteady, rude and unfriendly environment. You also have to pay for your own parking which is likely no where near your actual work location. Not worth the income.
Excellent place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 24, 2017
Loved working at Yale. Involved in all kinds of seminar, HIC protocols and grant writing for hematology fellow programs and seminar. Very stimulating work environment.
Pros
Learned a great amount regarding grants, different blood diseases and loved every minute of it. and
Loved working at Yale. Ran many programs for the fellowship program as well as special seminars and patient scheduling and administrative duties.p
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJuly 24, 2017
Excellent place to work. Met many excellent physicians and patients and ran the Hematology Section under the section chief for 18 years. Answered patient calls and set up clinic schedules.
Pros
Dealing with patients and physicians.
Cons
Coming home and taking over my medical transcription business afte a long day at work.
Wonderful working experience
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 4, 2016
Working for Yale was truly an eye opener to what I wanted to do with my work experience. I was able to persom many duties as requested by professors, doctors and nurses. I worked with patients and their families in different clinics. Anyone who has the chance to work for this university will benefit in every area
Good Company
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 12, 2016
Working for yale is great, the medical benefits are awesome, The HR stuff is very helpful. Each department is ran different to its needs. All in all in its a great company to work for.
Cira
Senior Administrative Assistant - (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 3, 2016
CIRA supports innovative, interdisciplinary research that combines behavioral, social and biomedical approaches, focused on the implementation of HIV prevention and treatment and the elimination of HIV disparities
Great Place to Work.
Senior Administrative Assistant, HR (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 26, 2015
Great place to work with supportive management. Everyone is nice and helpful. They offer great benefits and plenty of learning tools so that employees may proper at becoming more successful.
Pros
Great Benefits
Ivy league university
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 23, 2015
Yale offers great benefits and opportunities for learning and advancement, but as with any large entity, each school/department/section is has its own culture. The medical school is very fast paced while central campus closely follows the academic year cycle. My experience in both of those areas was rewarding and I received much support from my supervisors, faculty and peers. It's really about finding the right fit for you!
Pros
Great benefits and pay; opportunities for learning and advancement
Cons
There are many areas/schools/departments within the university...many are great, others are toxic.
Great place to work with supportive management
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTOctober 14, 2015
I can honestly say without a doubt that I love my job. I have a wonderful, supportive manager who truly appreciates everything I do. We work together as a team to provide the best administrative support there is.

My position does allow for growth and development as my employer offers various free work-shops to advance yourself or to hone in on particular skills you wish to improve on.

I am more than satisfied with my current employer. Excellent place to be a part of!
Benefits
Enjoyed working in Human Resources - My Sr. Representative was GREAT
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 31, 2015
Oversee and distribute workload to all clerical/technical staff
Work closely with two Senior Placement Representatives
Make travel arrangements and schedule meetings
Faxing, filing and photocopying documents as needed
Type and post medical school job openings for the university
Work with College Placement Offices for university graduates
Back up coverage of phones and creating letters of disciplinary and terminations
Ensure complete documents for new hires, promotions and demotions
Pros
The people I worked for was great individuals and very helpful needed
Cons
good place to work with excellent benefits
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CtJuly 22, 2015
A work day was never routine. My work day could start with an emergent telephone call re a patient, computer issues, student problems, administrative problem, or a billing problem that I was responsible for resolving. Yale is a teaching establishment, so you are constantly gaining knowledge from all departments. it's a great place to meet people. Co-works have good interpersonal skills, treat each other with respect and loyalty. the hardest part of the job was periods of boredom. the most enjoyable of the job was interacting with patients, attendings, residents, and students; diversity; meeting people from all over the world; problem-solving and overseeing the department in general.
Pros
good medical benefits, great job opportunities, course offers
Cons
lack of parking
Excellent Wok/Life Balance
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day includes responding to all ltypes of inquiries, emails and calls from various departments. You process, synthesize and execute solutions to problems from nominal to in depth. You coordinate projects and review overlaps of resources.

I have learned adaptability and systematic thinking in approaching solutions. I've have learned to establish short-term and long terms solutions even in times of deficit.

The hardest part of job is identifying all impacted parties of problems and solutions.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the learning environment.
A great place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 9, 2012
A typical day depends on the time of year. There are times where there is a lot of arrangements to be made, organizing travel and many other things to maintain smooth office operations.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
not really