Yale University

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Yale University Employee Reviews

Great company
Account Assistant IV (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 11, 2019
I did coding and billing for 3 hospital sites. It was very busy and stressful at times. The workplace was generally a happy one. A lot of deadlines to be accountable for billing wise.
Solid place to work for long term
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 30, 2019
Great support, upward mobility easily accessible, good employee retention and collaborative environment. Medical benefits available on campus, Generous Maternity leave package pre & post birth
Pros
WFH option when needed, location, tenure
Cons
Hr
Great place to work!!!
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  300 George Street. New Haven,CtMay 23, 2019
Very good to their employees. Benefits are amazing. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. Lots of classes offered to learn many different aspects of Yale
grad student
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 22, 2019
I was a grad student and my thoughts are not particularly applicable to indeed job applicants. Sorry. I am writing this under duress. I need to get to 150 char
Research Assistant
Reseach Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 17, 2019
I do not understand why this field must be filled out and am writing this to complete the requirement that I must reach 150 characters to go on to the next part.
Yale is a tier one research institute.
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 17, 2019
I enjoyed working at Yale with extremely smart people around. I usually go to work around 9:30 and stayed until 6:00. The pay is not excellent, but you enjoy a lot of freedom in research.
it's Yale
Counselor/Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 24, 2019
It was a relax work environment.
The employees there were very supportive and friendly
The workplace culture was very diverse
The most enjoyable part of the job was the privilege to work with a diverse population of gifted students
Pros
The opportunity to work at Yale
great
Custodian (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 19, 2019
i enjoyed working for yale if i could return back i would but things happen i wsnt gonna loose my babies so i ha to take care of me and i enjoyes my time working
If you are a Union employee it's a good place to work
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 14, 2019
Yale spends a lot of time bowing down to their Union. If you are a management employee they don't care about you. The University has no programs to grow your career. No work life balance.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No work/life balance, If you do not belong to the Union you are dirt
Research Fellowship in Ob/GYN department
Fellow (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 9, 2019
I was part of an excellent team running a pre-clinical research in Neuroscience of Reproduction at OB/GYN Department at Yale University. It was my best experience in research ever. I worked with excellent professionals. It was a two years fellowship.
I work witn special need kids
Early Childhood Program Teacher (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 20, 2019
it was kids from 3 and 4 years old. They learned in a different way. sometimes it was difficult to get the attention of the kids but by using different methods in class the kids really l.earned.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Healthcare
Fantastic place to work- excellent work life balance
Senior Administrative Assistant, Public Safety (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 15, 2019
I have been employed here for 31 plus years. I have held many different positions and each one was better than the last. It is awesome to be able to change jobs without leaving the company. Excellent pay, benefits and work life balance.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Hard job
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTMarch 6, 2019
I worked here full time while going to school full time as well. I was given a task that would have normally been done by a team. Somehow I managed to complete the task despite having zero working knowledge of anything I had to do.
my work at Yale
Adjunct Faculty Professor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 4, 2019
I am a contract hire. I don't live and work at Yale. I parachute in and parachute out. When I work in executive education, there is always a great collaborative team ethos.
Yale has a wide range of jobs and departmens
Banquet Server/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 26, 2019
My job as banquet server involved after check in was regular catering. I received bartender training which was able to be used outside of the job on a regular environment. The hardest part of the job might have been cleaning up after events. But the initial job is straight forward. You come in and serve the guests the food that was prepared by the onsite chef.
Great Start
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 22, 2019
I have only been working here as a student, part-time, for a few weeks. While I really enjoy my boss and everyone seems really nice, I have not had a lot of experiences yet.
Great Place to Work I want to go back!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 15, 2019
I worked for Yale University back in the '80s, but then my family moved to Massachusetts and I wasn't quite ready to strike out on my own yet and so I had to leave. I was an administrative assistant and the job was rewarding and I felt like I was part of a dynamic team. I'm trying to return to work there now.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
I had to leave due to relocation of family
Research Assistant I - Temporary/Per Diem (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 7, 2019
Honestly it really is a great place to work!! I enjoyed working with the staff here, it is a supportive and inclusive environment. They provide really good hands on training. I would still be there if I was able to work full time.
Great Intern Experience
Archivist Intern (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 7, 2019
It was a good temporary job, I was at West Campus. The only negative about the job was needing to go to main campus to get all of my paperwork and ID set up.
Summary
Athletic Dept. - Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 6, 2019
I worked on a temporary, part-time basis for Yale during their Calendar year for sporting events. On a typical day, I would either collect tickets or help out with sporting events. I would also help customers with any questions or concerns. I think the bosses were very respectful and I would recommend anyone to work for them. The only thing about the job that I didn't like was the management and at times it felt very unorganized.
Pros
Bosses were nice
Cons
Organization