Yamada Employee Reviews

Poor management
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OHMay 11, 2019
They say any application is garintied a interview yet you can put in several applications for different positions but not get one interview inforcment of rules is very bias showing favoritism machine upkeep is lazy and cheep.
Pros
Eye and dental
Cons
Unprofessional
Productive and fun and safe work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 15, 2019
Yamada is a fun and safe work place. The employers are nice n productive. They get the job done like no other. We work at a fast pace and have to have a certain anmount of parts out its fairly easy.
Pros
Nice company
Cons
Short breaks
Japanese were very difficult
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHDecember 18, 2018
My experience with the Japanese at Yamada was very challenging to myself and the other managers. They were rude and would yell and talk down to coordinator level as well. It was very unpleasant.
Pros
Cons
Japanese
Great place just lots of work at a fast pace
Machinist (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 7, 2018
Woke up go to work for 12 hours and come home sleep wake up get ready work. It became stressful but the money was decent. Weekends off. Couldnt complain too much. Work environment was very easy going but loud.
Pros
Lunch and 2 breaks
Cons
Loud/hot in some areas/robotic help mess ups.
Okay if you need a job
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 30, 2018
They are always hiring...high turn over. Poor communication between management and associates. Need to be more competitive with salaries and need to hire appropriate people for the jobs available...not friends.
Cons
Short Breaks and Lunches; Insurance Coverage
Horrible
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHAugust 15, 2018
Run far away trear you horrible pay is bad work environment is poor people are treated not good no life outside of work lots of long exhausting hours.
A good company
Associate (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OHJuly 26, 2018
I love everyone I work with. The company has recently tried new things to boost moral and I personally think its awesome! My department gets along very well and I can always rely on them.
Pros
Coworkers
Depends on how motivated you are.
Final inspector/ Training Team Leader (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHJuly 11, 2018
If you're very motivated and willing to work this job is a great one, great opportunities to move up in the work place. Management could be a little more understanding of some things but besides that not a bad place to work.
ehh
assembly (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHApril 20, 2018
so this job for me was super slow paced. i worked 3rd shift and i found myself falling asleep standing alot. its a dirty factory not bc it isnt cleaned but like u come out with black oil under your nails even though you wear gloves. they also have u in all white which i found to be weird seeing as how messy you get, the white pants are hard to find but i did find soem at sherman williams they were called paint pants. so i mean over all it was a paycheck..nothing extra. oh wait one more thing they dont tell u have over time until like a day or two before u gotta do it. i was working 7 days when i was there!!!
Productive fun working place
Technician/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHFebruary 9, 2018
Yamada is a good place to work, the management is nice and helpful for the most part. I learned a lot by working at Yamada, They are definitely the place to work if you are wanting to move up within a company.
Yamada North America
Semi-Truck driver (Current Employee) –  9000 Columbus Cincinnati Road, South CharelstonFebruary 9, 2018
Yamada pushes you to your limits. Often tired from working too many MANDATORY hours, shop stays at 80 degrees which just drains the energy out of you.
Pros
A paycheck, that's about it. A place to start out but not retire from.
Cons
10, 000 copay on insurance, work you to death, starting pay is 12.50 per hr, business slowes in winter time, they get headcount down by micro managing and terminating whomever they can, Just not a good place to work for a career
Great People, Bad Company
PEM (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OHJanuary 17, 2018
I like everyone I work with, however, the company as a whole lacks management, compensation, and benefits. Many other local companies offer more for the same work.
good starting place
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OHJanuary 16, 2018
There is absolutly no communicate with management and no follow though. Some people are aloud to create chaos and others let go for less infractions. The revolving door is crazy, there is little tenure there.
Cons
healthcare
Yamada
Assembly line operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 14, 2018
Was a good place to work. Just seemed as if once you took the job then that was your life. You had no life out side of work. Just worked your life away.
its not a bad place to work
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHJanuary 6, 2018
Its not hard work for the pay but it could be better if you need a job and your not picky then go for it. its not hard its mostly just putting or taking parts off a line.
Cons
short brakes
Lively and Productive
Quality Improvement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OHJanuary 1, 2018
A quality control coordinator consisted of working with management to confirm our customer requirements daily and weekly. Having a presence on the production floor to assure all YNA policies for safety and quality were being followed during the manufacturing process to confirm our product. The hardest part of my job was preventing flow out to our customer if we did have a quality issue and scrap reduction. The best part of my job was the people i worked with were truly dedicated to their jobs.
I know i had my manager to help train me if i had any questions daily on how i could do my job better and I was always willing to come in early and stay late to help our associates perform to the best of their ability.
Pros
Constant training
Cons
short break during long days
Not a positive work environment
Customer Service/Production Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OH 45368December 22, 2017
The company offered a lot of overtime hours, for those who had a choice to take those hours. Unfortunately, due to mis-communications and poor management, most of the overtime was mandatory with no notice.
Good manufacturing job to gain experience in the field.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHDecember 8, 2017
Good place to work if you need a lot of hours and overtime pay. It's fast and sometimes a little stressful but overall, not a bad job. It was a good place to start my manufacturing experience.
Pros
Extra hours always offered.
Cons
Pay is a little low but I'd say average for the field.
Production
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  South Charleston, OH 45368November 12, 2017
Poorly operated, poor communication, lack of compensation in comparison to similar factories. Communication from management is lacking, if your not part of the "good ole boys club" you will get nowhere.
Good company
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHOctober 27, 2017
YNA is a Japanese company that builds part for cars. Clean facility with great people. Plant is in the middle of nowhere in South Charleston. Not a lot of room for growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yamada. Our community is ready to answer.