Yamada Employee Reviews for Assembler

Productive and fun and safe work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 15, 2019
Yamada is a fun and safe work place. The employers are nice n productive. They get the job done like no other. We work at a fast pace and have to have a certain anmount of parts out its fairly easy.
Pros
Nice company
Cons
Short breaks
Okay if you need a job
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 30, 2018
They are always hiring...high turn over. Poor communication between management and associates. Need to be more competitive with salaries and need to hire appropriate people for the jobs available...not friends.
Cons
Short Breaks and Lunches; Insurance Coverage
ehh
assembly (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHApril 20, 2018
so this job for me was super slow paced. i worked 3rd shift and i found myself falling asleep standing alot. its a dirty factory not bc it isnt cleaned but like u come out with black oil under your nails even though you wear gloves. they also have u in all white which i found to be weird seeing as how messy you get, the white pants are hard to find but i did find soem at sherman williams they were called paint pants. so i mean over all it was a paycheck..nothing extra. oh wait one more thing they dont tell u have over time until like a day or two before u gotta do it. i was working 7 days when i was there!!!
flexible and outgoing
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHOctober 18, 2016
Able to get along and work with co-workers. Very fast paced. The supervisors and other employees made it easier to work in a steady pace.
great place to work
T2A Assembler (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHNovember 20, 2015
with this job it was really far i was traveling 45 to 50 minutes one way but they paid really good so it was overall worth it. Everything over 40 hours was time and a half and every seventh consecutive day was double pay.
Pros
good pay
Cons
really far drive
productive and fun workplace
Assembly (Former Employee) –  S Charleston, OHDecember 31, 2014
Yamada was a fun job. It had its pros and cons but for the most part it was a great learning experience. I would file parts that came out the blaster with a handheld file, , I would also go to another station and place brackets and levers on the steering column. and I would also inspect car parts to be shipped to the manufactor.. the hardest part of the job was to file the parts down with a handheld file. the most enjoyable part of working there was a lot of good people that worked there and it was a great learning experience
Yamada
T2A Assembler (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, OHJuly 21, 2014
We had to be in our work place by 7 a.m. for our morning meetings. Our team lead would tell us what are quota for the day was, then tell everyone where they were going to be stationed. After the meeting we would proceed to our station and push out parts and try our best to go above and beyond our said quota for the day.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
To far of a drive
productive fun great place to work
Assembly (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVApril 11, 2012
It was great learning experience. Building oil pump for honda. Learning how the assemble of parts and the significance of the part to the car. Monitoring the process from the robot machining the parts, to making sure the pressure washer run properly, to the assembly of the part it self and inspecting it for quality.
Pros
many hours, good pay, good benefits, all around good job
Cons
none i like everything about this job